20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 194.
#4451 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

This is why we love the LZ thread

LoL

Much better thanks y’all!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4452 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

holy hell I’m dumb. Thank you. Didn’t want to force anything.

Mine were shining right in my eyes when they would turn and I was so pissed.
"Who designed these spots to shine right in my eyes? Are you supposed to be five feet tall?!"
Glad I was alone complaining and when I figured out to pivot them up

#4453 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Mine were shining right in my eyes when they would turn and I was so pissed.
"Who designed these spots to shine right in my eyes? Are you supposed to be five feet tall?!"
Glad I was alone complaining and when I figured out to pivot them up

maybe we can get a special forum flair (not so bright) lol.

#4454 2 years ago

Ok we’ll still waiting on a fix for my magic spinner. Played a game today testing the topper and it did work as should so it’s intermittent for sure.

#4455 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

maybe we can get a special forum flair (not so bright) lol.

Hey I was going to put wd40 on my spinner glad I found the triFlo 1st

#4456 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Hey I was going to put wd40 on my spinner glad I found the triFlo 1st

I’ve never had to grease a spinner before and waiting on stern to get back to me with a fix if there is one before I start tweaking things too much unnecessarily.

When it’s working properly it’s so awesome.

#4457 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

holy hell I’m dumb. Thank you. Didn’t want to force anything.

Quoted from Jamesays:

This is why we love the LZ thread

Well then you'll really love the GnR thread. Lots more dumb people over there.

#4458 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Lol,I actually like it because of all the great advice.

#4459 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Lol,I actually like it because of all the great advice.

I like it cuz we are likely a bunch of old farts who love our LZ pin!

#4460 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I like it cuz we are likely a bunch of old farts who love our LZ pin!

I'm just about 40.. Am I really old?? :O

Zeppelin is my favorite band but that's because I was raised by hippies.

#4461 2 years ago

Yup. 40 is the new 60

#4462 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm just about 40.. Am I really old?? :O
Zeppelin is my favorite band but that's because I was raised by hippies.

Led Zeppelin has been my favourite band since before you were born .

#4463 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup. 40 is the new 60

after my time in the military I know some 60 year olds in better health.

Quoted from JD4444:

Led Zeppelin has been my favourite band since before you were born .

Well you seem like you have good taste friend!

#4464 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Something is really fishy with the ratings. Last week I think maybe Wednesday or Thursday, there were 186 total ratings across the three LZ models. Then I think maybe it was Friday or somewhere close to that when I looked it jumped to 228 ratings. Since then, not a single new rating. So, in a really small window, we get 42 new ratings, but then nothing since. It’s manipulated big time.
Plus, I don’t even see any new comments associated with that jump in ratings.

The bogus ratings started flowing in as soon as it was publicly #1.

People got butthurt and started down voting it because that is what an intelligent mature adult does. ( sarcasm)

#4465 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Downvotes from the people you would expect. I rest my case.

#4466 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Downvote from GravitaR. I rest my case.

I can see that it wouldn't appeal to everyone and therefore some won't score it very high but anyone who gives this machine under 7.5 is a tool. It may not be perfect but it is a blast.

#4467 2 years ago

I will note that you don't see LZ/Stern hommies rating the GNR at a 3.x.

#4468 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Just like the music we are more refined and intelligent

#4469 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I can see that it wouldn't appeal to everyone and therefore some won't score it very high but anyone who gives this machine under 7.5 is a tool. It may not be perfect but it is a blast.

Look how many people say they dont care for maidens music but still rate the game high.I have grown to enjoy the music on Maiden.When I was younger I didnt care for Maiden because we had so much to choose from,Glad I didnt wear it out now its still fresh to me and better than most available crap today.I rated my LE from my perspective so its a high 9 .I save 10 because theres always room for improvement on anything

#4470 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Look how many people say they dont care for maidens music but still rate the game high.I have grown to enjoy the music on Maiden.When I was younger I didnt care for Maiden because we had so much to choose from,Glad I didnt wear it out now its still fresh to me and better than most available crap today.I rated my LE from my perspective so its a high 9 .I save 10 because theres always room for improvement on anything

talking about my zepp rating by the by

#4471 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Depends, the artwork on the premium for many is what cost it points and honestly one of the few places I dinged it in score. But my weighted rankings have theme and cab art set fairly low. I love the premium artwork personally which is what sold me honestly.

Quoted from Morhaus:

Yea.. I haven't played GnR yet so I won't rate until I do. Those guys rating zep must have it based off a youtube video or some twitch stream OR they're insane to rate it so low. I will say not too happy about my spinner being broke so quickly but when it works it's great.

#4472 2 years ago

added a little something to that bland Icarus target...

86BE712F-F48B-4CB8-A6C1-7485C02CEAF0 (resized).jpeg86BE712F-F48B-4CB8-A6C1-7485C02CEAF0 (resized).jpeg
#4473 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

How does one go about disabling the spinner? Something in the settings, or more involved? I wouldn't mind doing that to mine until I get the replacement parts from Stern.

I'm not a pro, and I might have overdone it or did it wrong, but I made the following changes under Featured adjustments to stop my EM spinner mode.

#42 Yes (motor disabled)
#45 Yes (e-magic diverted disabled)
#15 Extra Hard (don't need)

#4474 2 years ago

If anyone wants to see Bowen destroy a LZ LE you can watch it here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1028506531?t=02h06m17s

#4475 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I spent some significant time with it this past weekend and rated it at a 5 or 6 I believe. It is my honest rating.

#4476 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

[quoted image]

Did you make this or is it available for purchase ? Looks good!

#4477 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did you make this or is it available for purchase ? Looks good!

If I remember correctly, months ago I ordered some flipper caps from 'top-notchtargetshields' and they included some free LZ target stickers in the shipment. Just cut one down to size - may have to try another as it's not perfect. I'll look when I get home after work and see if I have an extra for ya...

#4478 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

If I remember correctly, months ago I ordered some flipper caps from 'topnotchtargets' and they included some free LZ target stickers in the shipment. Just cut one down to size - may have to try another as it's not perfect. I'll look when I get home after work and see if I have an extra for ya...

You better keep for a spare, it will take a beating im sure. I'll contact them. Thanks!

#4479 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Depends, the artwork on the premium for many is what cost it points and honestly one of the few places I dinged it in score. But my weighted rankings have theme and cab art set fairly low. I love the premium artwork personally which is what sold me honestly.

Yea.. I haven't played GnR yet so I won't rate until I do. Those guys rating zep must have it based off a youtube video or some twitch stream OR they're insane to rate it so low. I will say not too happy about my spinner being broke so quickly but when it works it's great.

new fanboy rating look at their rating history ,says it all.

#4480 2 years ago

Finished installing the complete Pinwoofer system last night in my LE. Sounds incredible. Definitely worth the upgrade.

#4481 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You better keep for a spare, it will take a beating im sure. I'll contact them. Thanks!

Hayfarmer did someone light your avatar on fire. It took me awhile to notice it was you but for the blue op boarder

#4482 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Hayfarmer did someone light your avatar on fire. It took me awhile to notice it was you but for the blue op boarder

border

#4483 2 years ago

I think a jjp fanboy got me

#4484 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

[quoted image]

Is there a reason why the post rubber is down?

#4485 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Damn - Didn’t even notice...I’ll make it flush with the other one. Thank you buddy!

#4486 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Damn - Didn’t even notice...I’ll make it flush with the other one. Thank you buddy!

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I was going to mention that but I thought he must have known or did it for a reason.

#4488 2 years ago

All my missed Icarus shots must of just knocked it down a bit. Surprised I wasn't getting airballs all the time!

#4489 2 years ago

Is there a conversion kit to put in 5.25 inch speakers in the back box?

I looked at pinwoofer set but the pyle speakers are not what I am looking for. I think I can get mich better sound with different speakers.

Also can you just swap out the speakers and sub or do you need an amplifier?

#4490 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I looked at pinwoofer set but the pyle speakers are not what I am looking for. I think I can get mich better sound with different speakers.

I have the same question. I’ve been looking at clipper fidelity 10” sub woofer kit with 5” back box speakers. Uses the factory sound board and under $200. Would love to hear some reviews from someone that’s gone this route. Also want to light my speakers when I upgrade them so would love to know compatibility etc too

#4491 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I have the same question. I’ve been looking at flipper fidelity 10” sub woofer kit with 5” back box speakers. Uses the factory sound board and under $200. Would love to hear some reviews from someone that’s gone this route. Also want to light my speakers when I upgrade them so would love to know compatibility etc too

#4492 2 years ago

Speakerlightkits.com

Thinking of upgrading to 5.25’s as well

#4493 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:Is there a conversion kit to put in 5.25 inch speakers in the back box?

Your best bang for the buck will be a powered sub - there's enough factory amplifier to drive a sub but I think a powered sub sounds noticibly better. A change in back box speakers is nice but it doesn't blow you away in sound difference.

#4494 2 years ago

I added a Klipsch reference 12" sub with isolation pads to each of my pins and I'm very happy with the results. HUGE difference. Metallica sounds great as is, but LZ still needs some tweaking. Did the V shape in the EQ but still sounds kinda thin at times. May upgrade to 5.25" down the road to see if that helps.

#4495 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

You'd be amazed at the PinWoofer setup. And the pyles sound great. Much better sound than Kenwoods that come in le games. You won't hear much better sound without an amp. I've had pinwoofers in 4 games now, zero issues. Highly recommend.

#4496 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You'd be amazed at the PinWoofer setup. And the pyles sound great. Much better sound than Kenwoods that come in le games.

Those pyle speakers I can get for $40 Canadian about $30 usd. They can't be that good for that price. I know price isn't everything but if they sell them that cheap the can't be great quality... some reviews say yes some say crap. I would prefer to go with something I have used before like Polk infinity or Rockford Fosgate.

Has anyone used any other speakers than pyle? Any suggestions?

#4497 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Those pyle speakers I can get for $40 Canadian about $30 usd. They can't be that good for that price. I know price isn't everything but if they sell them that cheap the can't be great quality... some reviews say yes some say crap. I would prefer to go with something I have used before like Polk infinity or Rockford Fosgate.

Also is there a kit to change from 4 inch to 5.25?

#4498 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Kenwoods are more$$, sound was noticeably worse.

#4499 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Also is there a kit to change from 4 inch to 5.25?

I don't sell the 5.25" speakers....but I do have the 5.25" speaker plates to mount them.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

...though I am currently out of stock (expected back in stock in the next week).

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#4500 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Your best bang for the buck will be a powered sub - there's enough factory amplifier to drive a sub but I think a powered sub sounds noticibly better. A change in back box speakers is nice but it doesn't blow you away in sound difference.

Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't sell the 5.25" speakers....but I do have the 5.25" speaker plates to mount them.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html
...though I am currently out of stock (expected back in stock in the next week).
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Hey Doug,

Looking at the flipper fidelity https://flipperfidelity.com/big-10-inch-speaker-system-for-spike-2-machines/

And a set of speaker lights, what do you recommend to get a look like this? (See pic) thanks!

E2149109-8482-4D5B-9757-5B189AAC2553 (resized).jpegE2149109-8482-4D5B-9757-5B189AAC2553 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.