IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 193.
#4401 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

I misspoke, there's no bulletin yet that I know of, but Stern parts folks say there is a EM spinner kit on backorder.

Thanks Raymond!

great explanation on the action button. Didn’t make much sense to me.

#4402 2 years ago

I'm finally accepting that Pinside ratings have become useless. The recent LZ Premium #1 rating was likely rated by actual recent owners of the game. We know the game and while likely have a recent bias, are rating it with actual knowledge. After that rating became public for the first time, a bunch of "old game" haters must have decided to post fake ratings to drop the LZ rating. Let's face it, the new games are better than the old games. Because new games have better graphics, better electronics, better computing power, better lighting, the only advantage the old games have left are art, quality of toys, and design flow (sometimes). While I love my Monster Bash as my favorite, I have to admit that ALMOST any new pinball is above the Williams we love. It's like comparing a 1961 Corvette with a 2014 Corvette (I have both). There is no comparison of the two cars (quadruple the hp, tech, balance, steering, etc.) The 61 of course increases in beauty because of austerity and rarity, but as a machine of fun, you can't compare. Pinballs the same.

#4403 2 years ago

Agree, but who really cares about ratings? I rated my lz le at 9.3 cuz I love it. Rated gnr at 8.8 , was good game, but too much stop and go for me. But I would never give a bogus review just out of spite. So, I buy what I like and sell if I don't like. Ratings be damned

#4404 2 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Bunch of butt hurt JJP fanboys couldn't stand it being that high.

I played GNR for the first time Saturday. It’s pretty but all JJP, besides Dialed In, seem to have the weakest flippers ever and the ball just kind of floats around the middle of the play field not doing much. I wasn’t impressed and won’t be unless Jersey Jack does something about their weak flippers.

#4406 2 years ago

Has anyone received side armor or shooter rod yet?

#4407 2 years ago

Welcome-WizardMod, it looks like you have some great products and they tie in really well with the art packages-good job!

I could care less about ratings and tend to follow my own path. Never once have I looked at ratings when deciding to purchase a new game. I do agree that Led Zeppelin has been the best release for Stern in the last few years. I have way more fun playing LZ then TMNT, JP, Deadpool, and the list goes on. Only game that has captured my attention this long was Star Wars LE mainly because I was trying to learn the rules and trying not to get kicked in the nuts. Led Zeppelin is a huge sleeper game-I predict years from now-many will start to see the light.

#4408 2 years ago

Thanks Wizardmod - some cool stuff - ordered the Premium Lockdown bar magnet just now.

#4409 2 years ago
Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

Has anyone received side armor or shooter rod yet?

Yep just put it on last night! Shooter rod and zeppelin topper come in on weds.

F1E113D1-7B27-404F-AB42-FCED4C6D837F (resized).jpegF1E113D1-7B27-404F-AB42-FCED4C6D837F (resized).jpeg
#4410 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Agree, but who really cares about ratings? I rated my lz le at 9.3 cuz I love it. Rated gnr at 8.8 , was good game, but too much stop and go for me. But I would never give a bogus review just out of spite. So, I buy what I like and sell if I don't like. Ratings be damned

I imagine most owners will be keeping theirs unless they're not big Zeppelin fans. For me it's 100% what I wanted in a pinball and why I waited years to get one. The fact that the gameplay is some of Stern's best in recent years is added bonus for me. Deadpool would be a close second for me for fun factor.

Ratings can make a difference in resale value I suppose but this one won't be leaving my collection. So for me it doesn't matter.

#4411 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I imagine most owners will be keeping theirs unless they're not big Zeppelin fans. For me it's 100% what I wanted in a pinball and why I waited years to get one. The fact that the gameplay is some of Stern's best in recent years is added bonus for me. Deadpool would be a close second for me for fun factor.
Ratings can make a difference in resale value I suppose but this one won't be leaving my collection. So for me it doesn't matter.

Exactly. I buy games with every intention of keeping them, and realizing that they will most likely depreciate. But it's worth it for the joy I get out of playing them. If they happen to keep their value or appreciate, that's just an added bonus. I've got SThLE which I could make 2-3k on if I sold it now. But it's not a stock, it's a game and I'm still enjoying it. So screw the money. My happiness is more important.

#4412 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Exactly. I buy games with every intention of keeping them, and realizing that they will most likely depreciate. But it's worth it for the joy I get out of playing them. If they happen to keep their value or appreciate, that's just an added bonus. I've got SThLE which I could make 2-3k on if I sold it now. But it's not a stock, it's a game and I'm still enjoying it. So screw the money. My happiness is more important.

Agree with you. But , when I was offered 7500 for just a decent kiss pro, with a topper, I had to sell last week. Just an ok game to play, was more sentimental to me. So I kinda look at pins as a fun investment, hoping they hold value, but realizing they usually don't. I almost doubled my money on Kiss tho.

#4413 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I agree . Led Zeppelin has been my favourite band since 1979 when I listened to 2 albums in their entirety at a friends place. I proceeded to purchase all albums in chronological order as soon as I had the funds. As soon as I heard about this game it was a no brainer for me and it will never leave my house. It is a bonus that it is such a great game as well. I have it dialed in finally and it is very addicting. Sure ratings may benefit resale . Honestly though I think anyone buying this game would be buying it mostly for the band. The bonus for them is they are getting a top 10 game.

#4414 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I agree . Led Zeppelin has been my favourite band since 1979 when I listened to 2 albums in their entirety at a friends place. I proceeded to purchase all albums in chronological order as soon as I had the funds. As soon as I heard about this game it was a no brainer for me and it will never leave my house. It is a bonus that it is such a great game as well. I have it dialed in finally and it is very addicting. Sure ratings may benefit resale . Honestly though I think anyone buying this game would be buying it mostly for the band. The bonus for them is they are getting a top 10 game.

Another thing I find is after playing zep for a while I find my stranger things is much easier to play. Does anyone else find this with other games after playing LedZep?

#4415 2 years ago

Music pins usually hold value regardless, as they eventually fall into collectors hands and stay there so even a lame game like Beatles (wish they did revolver - white album music!) will hold its value for sure.

I’m still having issues with my magic spinner. Sent stern a trouble ticket but not sure how those work. How long til they usually respond?

Someone recommended I downgrade the code to 1.0? I can’t find that version on the website so it’s a waiting game at this point?

Aside from my spinner acting a little buggy (I still think it’s software) mine is tuned in nicely as well.

I have the topper and shooter rod coming in this week!

#4416 2 years ago
Quoted from hdavidson:

The shooter gate (not sure the official name but it’s the metal u shaped piece that’s stops the ball ending back into the shooter lane) fell off during a game last night. Should I be able to just pop it back in place or do I need to remove something? Can someone post a photo so I can see which way is faces? Thanks[quoted image]

I pooped it back in and bent the straight end a bit and it stays in now

#4417 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I pooped it back in

Didn't know you could do that.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Agree with you. But , when I was offered 7500 for just a decent kiss pro, with a topper, I had to sell last week. Just an ok game to play, was more sentimental to me. So I kinda look at pins as a fun investment, hoping they hold value, but realizing they usually don't. I almost doubled my money on Kiss tho.

If I wanted a huge profit, I'd sell my entire collection right now. Sure...I'd have a ton of cash, but I'd be really depressed because there were no more machines to play in the house. Glad you did well on your sale. I just sold a pimped out Tron for probably less than I should have, but it went to a huge Tron fan and it was his first machine, so I'm happy that he's happy.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4418 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Another thing I find is after playing zep for a while I find my stranger things is much easier to play. Does anyone else find this with other games after playing LedZep?

Not when your Stranger Things TK lock still doesn't work.

#4419 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dang that sucks! What do you do in that situation? I'm kinda waiting to play zeppelin til my spinner gets fixed. Still fun and I can make it work but I want to play it how it's supposed to be played.

#4420 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't have an issue with mine. It has to be a good momentum shot for it to stick. If the ball doesn't have the speed the pop up rod will lock it. I frequently get all 3 balls on the wall .

#4421 2 years ago

I just have to tweak it over the summer when I have more time. Right now, it's the LZ spinner/EM ball lock situation that has me flummoxed and contacting Stern all the time.

#4422 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just have to tweak it over the summer when I have more time. Right now, it's the LZ spinner/EM ball lock situation that has me flummoxed and contacting Stern all the time.

Yea I just got an email back and sending them pics of mine so I’ll keep ya posted on what I hear.

#4423 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Didn't know you could do that.

If I wanted a huge profit, I'd sell my entire collection right now. Sure...I'd have a ton of cash, but I'd be really depressed because there were no more machines to play in the house. Glad you did well on your sale. I just sold a pimped out Tron for probably less than I should have, but it went to a huge Tron fan and it was his first machine, so I'm happy that he's happy.

No I can't or won't sell whole collection. We bought kiss cuz in 1976 I took my girlfriend , who's now my wife to a kiss concert. She was 15, I was 16. So it was a sentimental buy. An ok game, but weak compared to today's offerings. And I only have room for 7, and hoping Godzilla, rush and Sabbath coming. So another tuff decision to make coming up. Hope they don't come close together, glad it was mando now, easy pass for me.

#4424 2 years ago

My LE broke this same ring last night.

Time to figure out if I want to change the color scheme.

Quoted from Greaseman:

Pin down. Well, this kinda stinks. Looks like the the Rubber O-Ring around the drop bank crapped out. Anyone else have this issue? Seems a bit early in its life for this to happen. I called the distro, who said they will contact Stern on Monday to order a replacement part. I asked for 2 of them. Luckily, Pinball Life is nearby and looks like they carry them so I'm putting an order in there - guessing I'll get them much quicker.
I was, literally, in the process of dialing in the sound for the Pyle backbox speakers (will post a quick update shortly on that) and now I'm sidelined.....
My afternoon plan was to drink beer and play Zep. My day is ruined. ha ha.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#4425 2 years ago
Quoted from zosofan:

My LE broke this same ring last night.
Time to figure out if I want to change the color scheme.

Mine has broke 3 times, original after 500 games, and 2 more by 750, I ordered 15 of them

#4426 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm kinda waiting to play zeppelin til my spinner gets fixed. Still fun and I can make it work but I want to play it how it's supposed to be played.

I'm in the same boat. My spinner doesn't work at all, just stays horizontal. So I'm just playing my other games, Zeppelin is collecting dust.

#4427 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I'm in the same boat. My spinner doesn't work at all, just stays horizontal. So I'm just playing my other games, Zeppelin is collecting dust.

How long ago did you reach out to support?

#4428 2 years ago
Quoted from Kside:

Mine has broke 3 times, original after 500 games, and 2 more by 750, I ordered 15 of them

Can you share where and which part what you ordered?

#4429 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

you seem to have more problems than most maybe they should just send you a whole new game.

#4430 2 years ago

My mothership decal came in today, looks so much better now

Thanks lermonds!

000B18FC-7B06-4A13-82D4-A51BDE52BA27 (resized).jpeg000B18FC-7B06-4A13-82D4-A51BDE52BA27 (resized).jpeg1EF68DAF-73BD-4EA5-B386-ED0F3CFFFB83 (resized).jpeg1EF68DAF-73BD-4EA5-B386-ED0F3CFFFB83 (resized).jpegF87C25E3-1B6D-4BD0-96E5-C0777A75099D (resized).jpegF87C25E3-1B6D-4BD0-96E5-C0777A75099D (resized).jpeg
#4431 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Can you share where and which part what you ordered?

It’s the round rubber (1 3/4”) behind the ZEP drop targets, I ordered from titan, it is an odd ring, not on the ring chart

#4432 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

My mothership decal came in today, looks so much better now
Thanks lermonds![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful machine

#4433 2 years ago
Quoted from Kside:

It’s the round rubber (1 3/4”) behind the ZEP drop targets, I ordered from titan, it is an odd ring, not on the ring chart

Thanks, I have a universal titan kit coming so maybe there might be one in there...

Speaking of Zeppelins I've been heavily considering getting mine Hydro dipped in psychedelic colors.. Still on the fence lol
For now I got an orange Led Zeppelin Sticker to go on next time I get my glass off.

I have some flipper mods but don't like them too much. Someone had a nice set in here awhile back but never could find out where he got them from.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4434 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

How long ago did you reach out to support?

Not that long ago, eight days.

#4435 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:I'm in the same boat. My spinner doesn't work at all, just stays horizontal. So I'm just playing my other games, Zeppelin is collecting dust.

I disabled my spinner for the time being until they send out a fix. Plays like a pro now since I cant hit that scoop ramp anyways.

#4436 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

I disabled my spinner for the time being until they send out a fix. Plays like a pro now since I cant hit that scoop ramp anyways.

How does one go about disabling the spinner? Something in the settings, or more involved? I wouldn't mind doing that to mine until I get the replacement parts from Stern.

#4437 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

How does one go about disabling the spinner? Something in the settings, or more involved? I wouldn't mind doing that to mine until I get the replacement parts from Stern.

Am I wrong to think this is a silly question for a $7k machine? My spinner has been broken or improperly working since around game 15-20. Put another 100 games on it testing and messing around but yea not great start for my first go at a pinball machine. I get there’s tinkering to this hobby and repairs which I’m more than capable of but I expected the main component and selling point of the premium and le to at least work properly?

#4438 2 years ago

They've been working on it, give them a chance. Most have been just fine, 700+ games here, still on original spinner, as are others. Its frustrating for sure, but they will get it

#4439 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Someone recommended I downgrade the code to 1.0? I can’t find that version on the website so it’s a waiting game at this point?

Same here, where can one find past code? Because my skill shot getting canceled issue still persists even with more trouble shooting, like shutting off the shaker. The fact it *never* happens on ball 1 plus my inability to trigger anything in switch test mode is making me think it's something 1.2 code related, and I'd like to downgrade just to see. But maybe that's not recommended since they seem to put node board updates in every code nowadays.

#4440 2 years ago

I dont know where to load older code, maybe stern can send? Also, have you checked and reseated all your connections? If shaker is causing a problem, might be loose somewhere.

#4441 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:I dont know where to load older code, maybe stern can send? Also, have you checked and reseated all your connections? If shaker is causing a problem, might be loose somewhere.

I always have about 5 rotating usb sticks for Houdini and now Zep. Keeping older versions of code till proven new code works.
Im back to 1.0 and more reliable on EM device.

#4442 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I always have about 5 rotating usb sticks for Houdini and now Zep. Keeping older versions of code till proven new code works.
Im back to 1.0 and more reliable on EM device.

Maybe you can sell him a copy

#4443 2 years ago

Got my game dialed in ... right flipper ramp rail wasn't flush where it meets the vertical scoop so I took it apart and bent it so it was flush . Now it even makes it up off a bank shot occasionally. Just had a great day. Broke 200 million for the 1st time and my last game got 651 million. I know lots of people get higher scores but I have only had it for 14 days so I am stoked with that score. So much fun when the shots are building and hitting combos.

#4444 2 years ago

Thanks for a great conversation about ratings. LZ is my favorite game right now out of the 6 pins I have and I was disappointed others aren't seeing the ratings as I do, but joining you other LZ fans helps. It's such a fun game.

#4445 2 years ago

Just got me topper. Let me ask because I may be wrong but are these lights on fucking backwards?!

They point away from the topper down and towards the floor and at the player. In the promo videos it shines on the roof and topper zeppelin. Am I missing something? I'll keep playing but haven't seen them point at the roof once. they shine right at the player at game start, is that normal?

2BA0ACA5-9091-44EE-ACD7-A9669F3E52B3 (resized).jpeg2BA0ACA5-9091-44EE-ACD7-A9669F3E52B3 (resized).jpeg978C60EA-B059-4AB1-929D-EACE443C3503 (resized).jpeg978C60EA-B059-4AB1-929D-EACE443C3503 (resized).jpeg

#4446 2 years ago

Something is really fishy with the ratings. Last week I think maybe Wednesday or Thursday, there were 186 total ratings across the three LZ models. Then I think maybe it was Friday or somewhere close to that when I looked it jumped to 228 ratings. Since then, not a single new rating. So, in a really small window, we get 42 new ratings, but then nothing since. It’s manipulated big time.

Plus, I don’t even see any new comments associated with that jump in ratings.

#4447 2 years ago

Points straight down and in most games moves around but always pointing down. Cables are super tight on back of the lights when in this position pictured here. Can someone with a topper please verify if this is normal. Thanks

Also box was definitely opened prior wondering if they sent me a bunk unit.

EC3BFA13-2F36-4CFE-9E3A-23AE12773382 (resized).jpegEC3BFA13-2F36-4CFE-9E3A-23AE12773382 (resized).jpeg

#4448 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Points straight down and in most games moves around but always pointing down. Cables are super tight on back of the lights when in this position pictured here. Can someone with a topper please verify if this is normal. Thanks
Also box was definitely opened prior wondering if they sent me a bunk unit.
[quoted image]

You have to point/ swivel the lights up.
The are folded down for shipment.
Sadly the motor only turns it. Doesn't move the spots up and down, they are fixed.

#4449 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You have to point/ swivel the lights up.
The are folded down for shipment.
Sadly the motor only turns it. Doesn't move the spots up and down, they are fixed.

holy hell I’m dumb. Thank you. Didn’t want to force anything.

#4450 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

holy hell I’m dumb. Thank you. Didn’t want to force anything.

This is why we love the LZ thread

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/89?hl=number_runner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.