20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 194.
#4351 2 years ago

It seems to vary machine to machine. I had bent spinner issues at the first, but after turning 180°, no issues since. Im still running 1.0 code, seems like lots of issues with latest. I'd suggest installing 1.0 to see if it helps. My ball return to shooter lane gate has never failed, and em has always functioned perfect. 700+ games so far, still diggin it!!

#4352 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Raymond sets his games easy for streaming, more fun he says lol.

Didn't set it on easy, but I did move the inlanes in. Finally broke a billion with 1.14B!! Man was that an amazing rush. Had an Electric Magic Frenzy that was the most fun multiball that I ever remember. So intense and the sounds and light show are crazy!

#4353 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Didn't set it on easy, but I did move the inlanes in. Finally broke a billion with 1.14B!! Man was that an amazing rush. Had an Electric Magic Frenzy that was the most fun multiball that I ever remember. So intense and the sounds and light show are crazy!

I cant quite break a billion, but gettin closer!!!

#4354 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It seems to vary machine to machine. I had bent spinner issues at the first, but after turning 180°, no issues since. Im still running 1.0 code, seems like lots of issues with latest. I'd suggest installing 1.0 to see if it helps. My ball return to shooter lane gate has never failed, and em has always functioned perfect. 700+ games so far, still diggin it!!

Been testing and my spinner is doing pretty decent after 20 games or so but the ball lock is still not working right. Seems to be a bug in the code.

#4355 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Been testing and my spinner is doing pretty decent after 20 games or so but the ball lock is still not working right. Seems to be a bug in the code.

What code?

#4356 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

It's not. I just alluded to that in a post above. I think it's the spinner blocking the opto in front of the ball...perhaps your magnet was pulling the spinner toward the ball like mine was? I flipped it back to the white side facing forward and that problem went away. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it. Of course, now the spinner doesn't work as well as it did and I keep bashing the hell out of it. Gotta find a happy medium.

#4357 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's not. I just alluded to that in a post above. I think it's the spinner blocking the opto in front of the ball...perhaps your magnet was pulling the spinner toward the ball like mine was? I flipped it back to the white side facing forward and that problem went away. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it. Of course, now the spinner doesn't work as well as it did and I keep bashing the hell out of it. Gotta find a happy medium.

I'm on 1.02

Spinner is sitting pretty vertical.. white side towards me.
It was working fine but capturing the ball and looking for it. Also started doing ball searches in the middle of the game a few times.

#4358 2 years ago

What's the consensus on shaker motor for this one? Is it must have or easy pass? Some games it's tied into the code well so trying to decide if I want to add it or not. Thanks

#4359 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Nice!

I broke 1b today too, factory settings. Magic frenzy is awesome! When you hit the spinner for supers...wow

#4360 2 years ago

The current code?.. 1.02

My spinner looks to be sitting perfect but the magic spinner definitely seems to be acting weird. My first pinball so I'm just kind of seeing if I can repeat it etc which I can hence why I think it's an issue in the code but if no one else is having that issue then it could be my sensor or something else.

#4361 2 years ago

It seems a lot, not all of the spinner problems came with 1.2. Try loading 1.0 , only takes a few minutes to try.

#4362 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It seems a lot, not all of the spinner problems came with 1.2. Try loading 1.0 , only takes a few minutes to try.

I'm very new to pinball. I checked on Stern's website and only see the current code which I have... Is the process to downgrade the firmware different from updating?

#4363 2 years ago

After around 150 plays im loving the game. I do think EMMB needs some score tweaking. Regardless of how many balls I lock the scoring seems quite low comparative to other mbs particularly next to the other EM mb frenzy.

#4364 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Raymond sets his games easy for streaming, more fun he says lol.
6.5 and loose tilt if any

I feel better now at the thought of making some of my games easier

#4365 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Had an Electric Magic Frenzy that was the most fun multiball that I ever remember. So intense and the sounds and light show are crazy!

A well-executed EM Frenzy reminds me of riding a good "Thiiiirty meeeeelion!!!"-point jackpot wave on BSD, a somewhat rare but undoubtedly peak pinball experience every pinhead should try to enjoy at some point.

I'm waiting too--Factory bulletin EM spinner kits are on backorder, like so many things.

#4366 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

A well-executed EM Frenzy reminds me of riding a good "Thiiiirty meeeeelion!!!"-point jackpot wave on BSD, a somewhat rare but undoubtedly peak pinball experience every pinhead should try to enjoy at some point.
I'm waiting too--Factory bulletin EM spinner kits are on backorder, like so many things.

I was thinking just this yesterday. I had been missing my BSD for that rush but LZ is quenching the thirst. EM Frenzy is a truly unbelievable mode

#4367 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

What's the consensus on shaker motor for this one? Is it must have or easy pass? Some games it's tied into the code well so trying to decide if I want to add it or not. Thanks

Get the shaker!

#4368 2 years ago

Umm...what factory bulletin, and what spinner kits? I don't see any factory bulletins on the Stern website. Where do you look?

#4369 2 years ago

I still have the original spinner. It's tweaked perfectly and has a dab of oil on it. It spins forever unless the ball hits it a second time and slows it down or stops it. During the spinner MBs, I try to get a good rip on the spinner and then hit nothing but orbits or ramps until the spinner has slowed to a stop.

#4370 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I still have the original spinner. It's tweaked perfectly and has a dab of oil on it. It spins forever unless the ball hits it a second time and slows it down or stops it. During the spinner MBs, I try to get a good rip on the spinner and then hit nothing but orbits or ramps until the spinner has slowed to a stop.

Mine seems to be spinning fine since I adjusted it but the actual mech is acting wonky AF since.

#4371 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Yea no way the outlanes need any adjustments on my side and this is with my 5 year old daughter playing lol.

Quoted from John_I:

Mine is the same. It bent then I bent it back put some dupont motorcycle chain lube on it and now it spins so fast it doesn't even have sound until it starts to slow down. Probably spins for 20-30 seconds. I do the same avoid hitting it while it is spinning. Occasionally when it traps the ball and lowers i have to give it a little nudge and then the next ball comes up. That is only because after I fixed the bend I bashed it a few times so it bent ever so slightly again and I haven't bothered fixing it again because it spins almost too fast now. I put some of the lube on the other spinner and it spins much better too.

#4372 2 years ago

The Led Zeppelin premium goes from #1 to 187 in a week. Maybe it doesn't deserve to be #1 , maybe it does but 187 is just ridiculous. There is no way in hell it deserves to be that low.

#4373 2 years ago

Ok been testing and something is weird. Could be my spinner and the opto but when I activate led zep targets for magic spinner it says "now shoot the magic spinner" but won't come up until I've hit at least 2 lot ramps. Then it comes up, I charge it fully and shoot the ball to lock. It grabs ball and then goes under the table but doesn't do anything. Comes back up and releases and then I can relock the ball and all works properly from there. Since I can repeat it every time I feel like it's a bug in the code but I don't really know.

So two issues. Not raising when it should and not reading the ball as captured when it should.

I've sent an email to Stern with my synopsis and trying to get a video to share here so bear with me. Thanks!

#4374 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Ok been testing and something is weird. Could be my spinner and the opto but when I activate led zep targets for magic spinner it says "now shoot the magic spinner" but won't come up until I've hit at least 2 lot ramps. Then it comes up, I charge it fully and shoot the ball to lock. It grabs ball and then goes under the table but doesn't do anything. Comes back up and releases and then I can relock the ball and all works properly from there.
So two issues. Not raising when it should and not reading the ball as captured when it should.
I've sent an email to Stern with my synopsis and trying to get a video to share here so bear with me. Thanks!

From my understanding the electric Magic will only raise and lower when the ball is in a safe area left scoop right lock and maybe one more.

If your spinner is not working properly when the electric magic goes down with your ball it wont register it is there. That is why it does a ball search and then comes back up and releases. You need to get your spinner adjusted and it will work properly. At least that is what I had to do as mine was doing the same thing.

#4375 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

The Led Zeppelin premium goes from #1 to 187 in a week. Maybe it doesn't deserve to be #1 , maybe it does but 187 is just ridiculous. There is no way in hell it deserves to be that low.

where do you see it at 187 ,I see it at 45.

#4376 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

From my understanding the electric Magic will only raise and lower when the ball is in a safe area left scoop right lock and maybe one more.
If your spinner is not working properly when the electric magic goes down with your ball it wont register it is there. That is why it does a ball search and then comes back up and releases. You need to get your spinner adjusted and it will work properly. At least that is what I had to do as mine was doing the same thing.

Spinner is vertical and spinning great. It does pull into the ball/magnet a bit when the ball is locked. Wouldn't make sense to be mechanical like that though as it is repeatable and works on the second lock every single time?

#4377 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Bunch of butt hurt JJP fanboys couldn't stand it being that high.

#4378 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

So many salty JJP fans lol.

Out of all the 100's of pinballs I've played Led Zep is easily in my top 5 if not top 3.

Of course you would have to like Zeppelin to rank it so high but in terms of gameplay it's a shooters pin through and through. Fast, flows (once you learn the shots) and aside from my magic spinner not working 100% still beats most games in the top 20 easily.

I've had infinitely more fun on Zeppelin than I have on Deadpool, JP, GOTG, Batman66, AIQ, TMNT and stranger things etc. All pins I have played at least 50-100+ games on now. This crushes them.

In my opinion LZ is easily one of Stern's best music pins in recent years if not all time.

Long story short, probably not the best for operators but for a pinball collector I'd venture to say of you remotely like Zeppelin this isn't one you can pass up.

#4379 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

The premium has a 7.4 rating (pro is lower), which puts it around 170 on the chart. There was quite a jump in the number of ratings for this game over the past two days, jumped from 186 to 228 ratings. Seems a bit fishy to me, but whatever, it’s a great game.

If you haven’t watched Ray Davidson’s tutorial, check it out. Great rule set, pretty complex, learned stuff I had no idea about.

#4380 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Out of all the 100's of pinballs I've played Led Zep is easily in my top 5 if not top 3.
Of course you would have to like Zeppelin to rank it so high but in terms of gameplay it's a shooters pin through and through. Fast, flows (once you learn the shots) and aside from my magic spinner not working 100% still beats most games in the top 20 easily.
I've had infinitely more fun on Zeppelin than I have on Deadpool, JP, GOTG, Batman66, AIQ, TMNT and stranger things etc. All pins I have played at least 50-100+ games on now. This crushes them.
In my opinion LZ is easily one of Stern's best music pins in recent years if not all time.
Long story short, probably not the best for operators but for a pinball collector I'd venture to say of you remotely like Zeppelin this isn't one you can pass up.

top 10 or 15 at the least.Great game

#4381 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you haven’t watched Ray Davidson’s tutorial, check it out. Great rule set, pretty complex, learned stuff I had no idea about.

Ray Day hit the tutorial out of the park. Very easy to follow along while being very informative. Well done.

#4382 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

That is for the Le. The premium rating is now 7.433 which ranks 187

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Who's in on an le? Mines been pre ordered for 6 months. Been waitin for a long time

#4383 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Long story short, probably not the best for operators but for a pinball collector I'd venture to say of you remotely like Zeppelin this isn't one you can

Screenshot_20210517-124343_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210517-124343_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210517-124442_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210517-124442_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4384 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

That is for the Le. The premium rating is now 7.433 which ranks 187

Not sure how hayfarmers quote got in there

#4385 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Not sure how hayfarmers quote got in there

this reminds me of when I see bad ratings for a movie and then go see it and its great,its mostly based on opinions and add in some manipulators.Everyone who has any game knows if its fun or not. By the way since I now know my LE is no fun I will sell it and buy something else.NOT

#4386 2 years ago

Who cares what it is ranked? It is unquestionably, undeniably, inarguably, the best game in my collection!

zep.pngzep.png
#4387 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Mapalot:

Who cares what it is ranked? It is unquestionably, undeniably, inarguably, the best game in my collection!
[quoted image]

I played the pro a bunch and eventually went with the premium. The magic spinner changes the entire shot field and it's like two amazing playfields in one pin.

The pro is awesome as is and would still be in my top 10 still in terms of a fun and difficult shooter to master.

#4388 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I played the pro a bunch and eventually went with the premium. The magic spinner changes the entire shot field and it's like two amazing playfields in one pin.
The pro is awesome as is and would still be in my top 10 still in terms of a fun and difficult shooter to master.

I certainly didnt look at any ratings list when I bought mine.I saw photos and love the theme. when rush comes out im in ratings matter not.And yes Hayfarmer im in on Black Sabbath and can you imagine the song possibilities for Hendrix.

#4389 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

this reminds me of when I see bad ratings for a movie and then go see it and its great,its mostly based on opinions and add in some manipulators.Everyone who has any game knows if its fun or not. By the way since I now know my LE is no fun I will sell it and buy something else.NOT

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I rated it pretty low despite really liking the gameplay a lot (and upgraded from pro to premum). To me, I think it falls short in art, callouts, gimmicks/toys and video. Aerosmith does not shoot nearly as well as LZ, but to me it ranks much higher in art, callouts, gimmicks and video. Metallica, IMaiden and even ACDC also rank high in these categories. But like I also said, I don't care about the overall rating. What matters most to me is the gameplay (shots/rules) and for those categories, I gave them highest ratings too. Unfortunately, the individual ratings cannot be weighted.

Someone who looks at the playfield as says man that's really barren and rates it low, is missing out. But stern is also at fault here because the effort in the non-gameplay categories does not seem as strong as it has been for other music titles and part of it could be that LZ as a theme doesn't lend itself to great art or callouts. Perhaps they could have done a little more with the zeppelin or had actual locks instead of virtual locks.

#4390 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I certainly didnt look at any ratings list when I bought mine.I saw photos and love the theme. when rush comes out im in ratings matter not.And yes Hayfarmer im in on Black Sabbath and can you imagine the song possibilities for Hendrix.

A Hendrix table would be an instant buy for me much like Zeppelin was. I never even check the top 100 as it's rated by guys that value POTC at $40k and think Metallica is the best music table made LMFAO.

Grain of salt when it comes to rankings. Most are probably salty JJP fans anyway.

#4391 2 years ago

Hendrix seems like a slam dunk

#4392 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Zz Top... I love Johnny Winter but I would doubt that would ever be made. My problem is if they made all these I have no room. I would have to kick out the kids

#4393 2 years ago

I want to rate the Prem and LE so badly, but I haven't played them. Just the Pro I own. Maybe one day.

#4394 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I rated it pretty low despite really liking the gameplay a lot (and upgraded from pro to premum). To me, I think it falls short in art, callouts, gimmicks/toys and video. Aerosmith does not shoot nearly as well as LZ, but to me it ranks much higher in art, callouts, gimmicks and video. Metallica, IMaiden and even ACDC also rank high in these categories. But like I also said, I don't care about the overall rating. What matters most to me is the gameplay (shots/rules) and for those categories, I gave them highest ratings too. Unfortunately, the individual ratings cannot be weighted.
Someone who looks at the playfield as says man that's really barren and rates it low, is missing out. But stern is also at fault here because the effort in the non-gameplay categories does not seem as strong as it has been for other music titles and part of it could be that LZ as a theme doesn't lend itself to great art or callouts. Perhaps they could have done a little more with the zeppelin or had actual locks instead of virtual locks.

Yes the premium cab artwork is pretty underwhelming but the playfield is GORGEOUS.

I thought the video animations and callouts are above average but nothing amazing. For a Stern pin though I don't feel it's lacking by any means.

As for toys? The Zeppelin toy looks like it was probably going to have a ball lock but they scrapped it unfortunately. The magic spinner when working properly (mine is not) changes the entire game and may be one of the best toys next to the saucer in AFM and Stranger things (both my favorite mechanical toys).

I can't think of too many that change the entire playfield so drastically and the fact that it shoots awesome with it up or down is why I love the table so much.

#4395 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Gotta change your weighted rankings. Theme has always been low on my list. Dialed in is one of my favorites and the theme is whack. It's high on my list because really audio and gameplay/toys are what matter to me the most.

#4396 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I hope Sabbath comes before rush, but hear that it won't. Hendrix collectors edition for me, prob glad it will never be made. Wishful thinkin

#4397 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Umm...what factory bulletin, and what spinner kits? I don't see any factory bulletins on the Stern website. Where do you look?

I misspoke, there's no bulletin yet that I know of, but Stern parts folks say there is a EM spinner kit on backorder.

Quoted from GravitaR:

Ray Day hit the tutorial out of the park. Very easy to follow along while being very informative. Well done.

Thanks Raymond!

#4398 2 years ago

Side armor added today! Sketchy install but seriously looks like it was made to go on the premium.

Topper and dreidel shooter coming on weds or Thursday!

3E33B536-975B-4371-B3E7-D8457320B1DD (resized).jpeg3E33B536-975B-4371-B3E7-D8457320B1DD (resized).jpeg
#4399 2 years ago

So after a couple of weeks of owning an LE, here are my thoughts:

*Game is fast as hell and makes you feel like playing in slow motion when you switch to another game.
*When you get the shots dialed in it is very addictive combo-ing shots and that is this games hook factor.
*Expression light system is very cool especially tied to the EM spinner.
*I don't love all the Led Zeppelin songs but some of them are growing on me.
*EM is a drain risk after ball goes through spinner and comes back down the middle through the mech, pops up at the most inconvenient times like a boner in public

#4400 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

like a boner in public

Aren't those the best times???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/88?hl=jd4444 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.