IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 191.
#4101 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

I had this issue and contacted stern and got the following:
It looks like what is happening is that because the spinner is not sitting properly, when the ball goes into the mechanism, the ball cannot be seen by the optical switches because it is being held in place by the spinner.
What I would suggest for now is to adjust the spinner wire assembly which should help align the spinner properly again for the time being.

Ok thx

Quoted from John_I:

must be a bad opto on the EM assembly. Check the wiring to start.

I checked the spinner and adjusted it and a dab of lube applied. Works great now.

#4102 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

I had this issue and contacted stern and got the following:
It looks like what is happening is that because the spinner is not sitting properly, when the ball goes into the mechanism, the ball cannot be seen by the optical switches because it is being held in place by the spinner.
What I would suggest for now is to adjust the spinner wire assembly which should help align the spinner properly again for the time being.

I noticed that when I took apart the top of the mechanism so I could see the spinner from above that when it was spinning one side of the spinner wire that went through the bracket hole was straight and the other side was bent. So I straightened the bent side as it was causing enough friction to make the spinner stop in a non vertical position. I added a dab of lube and now it works perfectly. As a side note I have the newer style bracket to hold the spinner.

#4103 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Ok so I played a few games on my new premium. Code 1.02 . I noticed the electric magic will trap the ball and lower but won't put out another ball as if it doesn't sense the trapped ball and then it goes into ball find mode rises and releases the ball from the magnet. Is there any way to fix this?

Happens frequently on mine as well. Traps the ball, lowers, goes through ball search mode, raises and releases ball. Usually happens twice before a second ball is put into play. Frustrating.

#4104 2 years ago
Quoted from Juniorsc:

Happens frequently on mine as well. Traps the ball, lowers, goes through ball search mode, raises and releases ball. Usually happens twice before a second ball is put into play. Frustrating.

Have you tried goin back into older code? I'm still at 1.0, no issues with this problem.

#4105 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I noticed that when I took apart the top of the mechanism so I could see the spinner from above that when it was spinning one side of the spinner wire that went through the bracket hole was straight and the other side was bent. So I straightened the bent side as it was causing enough friction to make the spinner stop in a non vertical position. I added a dab of lube and now it works perfectly. As a side note I have the newer style bracket to hold the spinner.

Thanks! I plan to open it up this weekend and trying to make the adjustments. My machine is in early April build, so I think it's a newer style as well.

#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from Juniorsc:

Have you run the switch test to see if the opto is working?

#4107 2 years ago

Got my topper randomly yesterday! It had instructions but only to plug 2 Of the 3 plugs it came with. I think the third plug is a 12V plug. Anyone else know?

#4108 2 years ago

Please see my post # 3992 a couple pages back...

Quoted from Snotdoc:

Got my topper randomly yesterday! It had instructions but only to plug 2 Of the 3 plugs it came with. I think the third plug is a 12V plug. Anyone else know?

#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Please see my post # 3992 a couple pages back...

Thanks! I didn't look back far enough when searching, that's where I thought it went. Thanks again

#4110 2 years ago

I'll pass this along if you're having trouble with the EM spinner. I DID have trouble but this seemed to fix it:
First make sure your game is set at proper slope and level right to left
Remove the spinner and adjust #1 by setting on a flat surface. Flip it over. Distance from the arms should be equal to the surface no matter which side is up.
#2 should be slightly greater than 90 degrees or at the same angle as the spinner holder.
Reattach spinner and adjust #3 so when you spin it it doesn't wobble like you're making an oval snow angel. You can use needle nose pliers. This is the most critical adjustment to have the spinner rest in the upright position and not waste any rotational energy.
Lube and you're done.

PXL_20210506_181649669 (resized).jpgPXL_20210506_181649669 (resized).jpg
#4111 2 years ago

I love my LZ! It's the first pin I turn on in the morning.

#4112 2 years ago

I added some stickers. Subtle ... but adds to the rather boring plastics I think.

20210506_180900 (resized).jpg20210506_180900 (resized).jpg20210506_180949 (resized).jpg20210506_180949 (resized).jpg20210506_181054 (resized).jpg20210506_181054 (resized).jpg
#4113 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Anybody else have the wire at the end of the shooter lane pop off continuously

While I was in there bending the wire, jimmy dropped off his double neck and amp lol

8A150A5B-8E5B-41AD-8600-A4AD6A594556 (resized).jpeg8A150A5B-8E5B-41AD-8600-A4AD6A594556 (resized).jpeg
#4114 2 years ago

I have adjusted music attenuation to -10 and adjusted the eq ... is there any way to turn down the game sounds ? Sorry if this has already been addressed... I went through the menus but couldn't find it anywhere.

#4115 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I have adjusted music attenuation to -10 and adjusted the eq ... is there any way to turn down the game sounds ? Sorry if this has already been addressed... I went through the menus but couldn't find it anywhere.

If you mean the call outs, set speech attenuation to +4 or 5. It's the next adjustment after "music attinuatuon"

#4116 2 years ago

Several people have asked about volume settings and how to adjust sound quality, especially for sounds and call-outs that are un balanced from factory. I believe I have found the sweet spot and I posted before but thought I would share again for those who are just getting their machines. Keep in mind that these settings are set up with an external sub(not sure how it would sound without?) Just thought I would share again for those interested(I have received numerous compliments on sound quality)....

For those of you with the stock LE speakers I found a great balance(the sweet spot) for sound and it sounds extremely well and I thought I would share my settings:
(Also note a sub is a must-recommend a 12" Klipsch or 10" Polk)

Under adjustments LED game settings change:
Music Attenuation to -20
Speech Attenuation to 33

Then under utilities under volume change:
Fade to 3

Equalizers towards high end

For 12" Klipsch sub(positioned 12" from front) change:
Gain 5
Low-pass 60Hz

Master volume 38

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

While I was in there bending the wire, jimmy dropped off his double neck and amp lol
[quoted image]

I have the single neck, but nevertheless, what a great looking mod. Perfect for the space

#4118 2 years ago

Can I just say that I have really enjoyed the journey of this new pinball machine and the honeymoon stage seems to never end. One thing I have noticed is my appreciation for Led Zeppelin music has been magnified by owning the game. When I listen to Pandora or the radio and a Led Zeppelin song comes on-I get flashbacks from the game playing moments and tend to crank it up. So happy I pulled the trigger on LE, it is a masterpiece.

#4119 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I have the single neck, but nevertheless, what a great looking mod. Perfect for the space

I really appreciate all the really great mods that so many folks have made available for these games.

Kudos and thanks!!

#4120 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

If you mean the call outs, set speech attenuation to +4 or 5. It's the next adjustment after "music attinuatuon"

Not the speech I adjusted that ... unless that includes the scoring sounds ie noises when hitting targets ramps etc.... . I adjusted the speech attenuation

#4121 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Can I just say that I have really enjoyed the journey of this new pinball machine and the honeymoon stage seems to never end. One thing I have noticed is my appreciation for Led Zeppelin music has been magnified by owning the game. When I listen to Pandora or the radio and a Led Zeppelin song comes on-I get flashbacks from the game playing moments and tend to crank it up. So happy I pulled the trigger on LE, it is a masterpiece.

Hear hear

I never saw Led Zep - their last concert was when I was 11 and last tour of Australia was when I was 6 - but I was lucky enough to see Robert Plant at the Sydney Opera House in 2018.

Yes he dodged a few of those high notes but what a show

EFD1FDE7-F276-41C5-8CD8-BF7C9552EEC2 (resized).jpegEFD1FDE7-F276-41C5-8CD8-BF7C9552EEC2 (resized).jpeg
#4122 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Not the speech I adjusted that ... unless that includes the scoring sounds ie noises when hitting targets ramps etc.... . I adjusted the speech attenuation

Try setting music to -60 then turn down master volume a little

#4123 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Try setting music to -60 then turn down master volume a little

Does the speech attenuation also include the game sounds. ... ramps target sounds etc? Or is there another control for those sounds?

#4124 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Does the speech attenuation also include the game sounds. ... ramps target sounds etc? Or is there another control for those sounds?

I really don't know but I haven't seen a separate control for ramps, etc. You might however be able to cut other stuff up (minus attenuation) to make it sound more the way you want .
Personally, I like it loud so I have Pinwoofer and external sub installed. My house shakes during EM frenzy

#4125 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I really don't know but I haven't seen a separate control for ramps, etc. You might however be able to cut other stuff up (minus attenuation) to make it sound more the way you want .
Personally, I like it loud so I have Pinwoofer and external sub installed. My house shakes during EM frenzy

I was just wondering if there was an overall game sounds ( not individual game sounds ) volume vs just the master volume. I want to crank the music but i find the sounds are too loud vs the music.

#4126 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I was just wondering if there was an overall game sounds ( not individual game sounds ) volume vs just the master volume. I want to crank the music but i find the sounds are too loud vs the music.

JD4444, this is exactly what i'm lookin' for as well, the ability to minimize the game sounds and maximize the music. the music and voice attenuation adjustments are the only options at this time and i have goofed with them quite a bit, but have not yet found a sweet mix. bottom line is i would love to be able to play the game with just the music, a few callouts and the mechanical sounds of the pin bangin' away.

currently running a Pinnovators line out to a Fender Rumble 60 bass amp and have replaced the backbox speakers with Polk Audio db 402 car speakers. the eq has been dialed in and the Polks sound good, but do have trouble reproducing some of the game sounds when the volume gets romped on. would love the ability to have an eq preset for each song as well as CB, SRtS and BD have a brighter tone that can sound brittle at volume. don't mean for this to read like a pissin' and moanin' post. it's my first pin and i'm having a blast with it, but fact is many of us have spent decent dollars on our sonic weapons of choice, we dig the band and the songs -- the more options to maximize the music, the better imo.

side note -- nephew is workin' on a footswitch/stompbox that will juice the amp volume a few levels with each hit. multiball? stomp, ball added? stomp, em frenzy? stomp stomp, best freakin' ball of my pinball existence? stomp, stomp, stomp. ya'll get the idea.

would like to thank Hayfarmer, Psw757, piminster, b-boob and others for all of the timely suggestions.
nuggets of wisdom abound on this thread and have very much helped a newbie get his pin playing tight and clean.

#4127 2 years ago
Quoted from TraitMocks:

JD4444, this is exactly what i'm lookin' for as well, the ability to minimize the game sounds and maximize the music. the music and voice attenuation adjustments are the only options at this time and i have goofed with them quite a bit, but have not yet found a sweet mix. bottom line is i would love to be able to play the game with just the music, a few callouts and the mechanical sounds of the pin bangin' away.
currently running a Pinnovators line out to a Fender Rumble 60 bass amp and have replaced the backbox speakers with Polk Audio db 402 car speakers. the eq has been dialed in and the Polks sound good, but do have trouble reproducing some of the game sounds when the volume gets romped on. would love the ability to have an eq preset for each song as well as CB, SRtS and BD have a brighter tone that can sound brittle at volume. don't mean for this to read like a pissin' and moanin' post. it's my first pin and i'm having a blast with it, but fact is many of us have spent decent dollars on our sonic weapons of choice, we dig the band and the songs -- the more options to maximize the music, the better imo.
side note -- nephew is workin' on a footswitch/stompbox that will juice the amp volume a few levels with each hit. multiball? stomp, ball added? stomp, em frenzy? stomp stomp, best freakin' ball of my pinball existence? stomp, stomp, stomp. ya'll get the idea.
would like to thank Hayfarmer, Psw757, piminster, b-boob and others for all of the timely suggestions.
nuggets of wisdom abound on this thread and have very much helped a newbie get his pin playing tight and clean.

Footswitch is a pretty cool idea.

#4128 2 years ago

I’ll be connecting an external volume control tomorrow - definitely needed as the songs all seem to have slightly different output levels.

#4129 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I’ll be connecting an external volume control tomorrow - definitely needed as the songs all seem to have slightly different output levels.

They need to address this in a code update because it’s annoying as shit and just sloppy work by their sound engineers or whoever at Stern works on that stuff.

#4130 2 years ago

If you just want higher highs and lower lows, and the ability to adjust the sound like an equalizer amp- just better, crisper sound, consider Pinwoofer. It includes better speakers but a better soundboard as well. It's rather pricey but you get a lot and the ability to fine tune your pin.

#4131 2 years ago

Still waiting on a Stern fix for the premium spinner. Anyone heard anything yet?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1009673378

#4132 2 years ago

Anyone currently selling translights for the game? There are great deals on LEs out there, but I really don't care for the cabinet and translight art. The cabinet art will be buried anyway, but that doesn't help the translight. Marco has pro translights, but out of stock, of course. Or hopefully someone like Aurich is going to make a custom one.

#4133 2 years ago

eBay is where I got mine

4C17AD32-9CDD-4894-B815-F274BCA6F523 (resized).png4C17AD32-9CDD-4894-B815-F274BCA6F523 (resized).png
#4134 2 years ago

Well my topper arrived and I installed. Search lights do not work. Maybe I connected wrong? Zeppelin blimp lights when turn machine on so has power. Any advice from any of you pinside support experts?
Weekend now so I can not call Stern support.

#4135 2 years ago

Early in this thread ,pinmister commented on how it needed some pink near the slings. I ordered these plastic protectors from mezel, and they look so much better in person than the pics. Great idea!!

20210507_173330 (resized).jpg20210507_173330 (resized).jpg20210507_173439 (resized).jpg20210507_173439 (resized).jpg
#4136 2 years ago

All my games have shaker motors is it necessary on Zep

#4137 2 years ago

Arrived

IMG_3807 (resized).jpgIMG_3807 (resized).jpg
#4138 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I added some stickers. Subtle ... but adds to the rather boring plastics I think.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice stickers
Ordered online or "homemade"?

#4139 2 years ago
Quoted from BruketFans:

Very nice stickers
Ordered online or "homemade"?

I ordered online. Someone on here had a link. There was a whole sheet of different ones.

#4140 2 years ago

I only have 2 machines Stranger things premium and now LedZep premium finally. I find the LedZep a much more challenging pin than Stranger things. I am new to pinball ownership but played a ton in the 70s and 80s.

Is anyone else finding this pin to be a challenge in comparison to other machines?

#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I only have 2 machines Stranger things premium and now LedZep premium finally. I find the LedZep a much more challenging pin than Stranger things. I am new to pinball ownership but played a ton in the 70s and 80s.
Is anyone else finding this pin to be a challenge in comparison to other machines?

The shots seem tighter to me, upper right flipper to the wire form is very tough, not easy to hit the right wire form either and the right and left scoop shots are tight...plus I’m not the player I used to be ( or thought I used to be )

#4142 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The shots seem tighter to me, upper right flipper to the wire form is very tough, not easy to hit the right wire form either and the right and left scoop shots are tight...plus I’m not the player I used to be ( or thought I used to be )

Ok good so it isn't just me then : )

I got over 1 billion on stranger things within a few weeks.

I have only had Zep for 3 days 150 million is my best so far with a lot of games under 50 million.

#4143 2 years ago

Don’t feel bad - Haha def a tough game - I’ve had it for a few weeks now and my best is only 192 million so we are in the same boat.

#4144 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Don’t feel bad - Haha def a tough game - I’ve had it for a few weeks now and my best is only 192 million so we are in the same boat.

Whew. Ok good. Thought I really sucked . I used to be pretty good when I was a teenager but haven't played for about 35 years until this spring. I guess I will have to put more time in. What a drag hahaha

Thanks for the support !

#4145 2 years ago

Got my bodytrim today from Marco.

Fits really nice to the premium

2CFE3085-F72C-4447-B6AD-EC699249D322 (resized).jpeg2CFE3085-F72C-4447-B6AD-EC699249D322 (resized).jpegC22A8041-5DB0-4959-8030-55551778E2E1 (resized).jpegC22A8041-5DB0-4959-8030-55551778E2E1 (resized).jpegDEBB8520-ABF7-4F6E-9773-91F059AD11DF (resized).jpegDEBB8520-ABF7-4F6E-9773-91F059AD11DF (resized).jpegFA68E483-90D2-4450-8AAD-23EB05DB4D60 (resized).jpegFA68E483-90D2-4450-8AAD-23EB05DB4D60 (resized).jpeg
#4146 2 years ago
Quoted from TraitMocks:

The extra sounds are really annoying on LZ. I want to hear the music! That being said! JJP games do this 10x worse IMHO. GnR is so obnoxious before you start a song and drown out the noises. Every shot is a aural assault.

#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

All my games have shaker motors is it necessary on Zep

YES!

#4148 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I'm with you ...I played alot of pinball in the late 70's early 80's when I was in university, but I've been on hiatus for the last 40 years. I've never owned a pinball machine, but I've always been a huge Zep fan (I was lucky enough to see them in 2007 in London at the O2) --- when this pinball game became available I just knew I had to get one. My budget only allowed for the PRO and it has been a very humbling experience, the best I've been able to manage is about 170 million after 2 months of playing. When I see the scores here in the billions, I'm thinking, boy do I stink. Maybe, its easier to get these scores on the Premium/LE? ...I dunno, can anyone who has played both comment on that? (difficulty of PRO vs. PREMIUM/LE)?

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

I'm with you ...I played alot of pinball in the late 70's early 80's when I was in university, but I've been on hiatus for the last 40 years. I've never owned a pinball machine, but I've always been a huge Zep fan (I was lucky enough to see them in 2007 in London at the O2) --- when this pinball game became available I just knew I had to get one. My budget only allowed for the PRO and it has been a very humbling experience, the best I've been able to manage is about 170 million after 2 months of playing. When I see the scores here in the billions, I'm thinking, boy do I stink. Maybe, its easier to get these scores on the Premium/LE? ...I dunno, can anyone who has played both comment on that? (difficulty of PRO vs. PREMIUM/LE)?

I think it is really good that it is tough. It will be challenging for a long time.

#4150 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The extra sounds are really annoying on LZ. I want to hear the music! That being said! JJP games do this 10x worse IMHO. GnR is so obnoxious before you start a song and drown out the noises. Every shot is a aural assault.

I disagree, I think the game sounds are amazing on this pin and add a lot to the play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Dyer, IN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 65.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 49.99
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions
Plastics
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/83?hl=jd4444 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.