20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,626 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 193.
#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I got mine from Pinball Life. Works perfect.

Did you get the OEM vs or their version? I’ve heard there can be some compatibility issues with aftermarket ones.

Aftermarket:
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Stern OEM:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Thanks.

#4052 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm interested in doing this. Did you have to take the backboard completely out to do this? How much of a PITA was this to do?

Not a big deal at all. You have to remove the backboard completely. 4 screws on the sides (back of the backboard) and one in the bottom

Good luck

#4053 2 years ago

A little paint job.

20210502_132246 (resized).jpg20210502_132246 (resized).jpg20210502_133820 (resized).jpg20210502_133820 (resized).jpg20210502_144403 (resized).jpg20210502_144403 (resized).jpg
#4054 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

A little paint job.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks good, nice work! The reason we don’t paint it is because he’s white in the LZ memorabilia, but to each his own.

#4055 2 years ago

In case those of you with a Pro.....Pinball life has this for a good price.

Led Zeppelin Cabinet Expression Light System - SECONDS

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=502-8002-00_seconds

#4056 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That looks good, nice work! The reason we don’t paint it is because he’s white in the LZ memorabilia, but to each his own.

It was fun to do and I do like it colored. Great product and I will post pictures when I install it in my game. I won't have it in the usual place so maybe I like to be different.

#4057 2 years ago

Had advanced pinhead guests come play for the first time in forever today. What a blast that was!

Shocker: they absolutely loved Led Zep.

That Ritchie guy seems to know a thing or two...

20210502_154903.jpg20210502_154903.jpg
#4058 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Had advanced pinhead guests come play for the first time in forever today. What a blast that was!
Shocker: they absolutely loved Led Zep.
That Ritchie guy seems to know a thing or two...
[quoted image]

He ain't bad is he?

#4059 2 years ago

Hello guys
Does anyone know the bulb type/model that is used in the Zep pinball topper?

#4060 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Hello guys
Does anyone know the bulb type/model that is used in the Zep pinball topper?

No bulbs. They are mini led boards.

#4061 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

No bulbs. They are mini led boards.

For the spot lights too?

Topper pic (resized).JPGTopper pic (resized).JPG
#4062 2 years ago
Quoted from hdavidson:

Did you get the OEM vs or their version? I’ve heard there can be some compatibility issues with aftermarket ones.
Aftermarket:
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
Stern OEM:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
Thanks.

I got the aftermarket unit. It works great. Plug and play. $20 cheaper and the f/a unit is out of stock.

#4063 2 years ago

In case those of you with a Pro.....Pinball life has this for a good price.
Led Zeppelin Cabinet Expression Light System - SECONDS
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=502-8002-00_seconds

Thanks for the heads up, snagged that set on my way out the door earlier!

#4064 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Thanks for the heads up, snagged that set on my way out the door earlier!

And now sold out!

#4065 2 years ago

I am planning to buy a premium in the next few months. I have been to a local pinball spot that has the LE, but the EM spinner was kind of funky and wasn’t working. I went there recently for the third time and the EM spinner was more functional, to the point where I was able to get a 4 ball multi ball from it. The experience was awesome.

Can anyone confirm for me that during the EM multi ball and afterward the LED lights get brighter, change, or do something different? I can figure out if it significantly changed the lighting experience or if I was just super into it in the moment and perceived that the lighting got more intense.

#4066 2 years ago

After being quite some times one or two shots away from top of the charts... finally got it.
It's a really nice wizard mode but maybe rewards a bit to often with band boosts (I think same rule like in normal play, completing song, getting a platinum record). Having super band boosts makes it a bit too easy to then to complete all songs (getting them to platinum level). So got right after finishing top of the charts the ? Wizard mode. Also a pretty well done mode

I did not really care about scoring more about progress, but... had 2.4 billions, which is not a lot compared going for huge playfield multipliers. Personally I think they should be limited to (maybe) 40-50.

#4067 2 years ago

Today I popped up into the loft where an elderly subwoofer has been gathering cobwebs. Oh my goodness, what a difference. It's a Boston ASW-250 and it has transformed the sound.

If you haven't yet done so, stick a proper subby on your LZ. The Boston is, I think, long since discontinued: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-T4eJi6vfKxP/p_065ASW250/Boston-Acoustics-ASW-250.html

#4068 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsarcade:

Who do you talk to at stern ? Parts ?

Eddie Yates in customer service. I e-mailed Stern.

#4069 2 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

Thoughts on Metal Cabinet Protectors linked above?

Seems like a no brainer based on cost but not loving the idea of screwing them into the cabinet. I was going to purchase some plastic ones but Pinball Life recommends the metal ones for cabinets with decals so the decals don't wrinkle. Do you recommend cabinet protectors? I appreciate your insights! Thanks.

#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Seems like a no brainer based on cost but not loving the idea of screwing them into the cabinet. I was going to purchase some plastic ones but Pinball Life recommends the metal ones for cabinets with decals so the decals don't wrinkle. Do you recommend cabinet protectors? I appreciate your insights! Thanks.

Should be no need, the game should have come with cabinet protectors.

#4071 2 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Led Zep does come with leg protectors.
Although I put my legs on so fast during unboxing, I'm 99% sure they are plastic.
They do the same job as the metal one's. It didn't bother me.
Wondering when they switched to plastic?

#4072 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Should be no need, the game should have come with cabinet protectors.

Led Zep does come with leg protectors.
Although I put my legs on so fast during unboxing, I'm 99% sure they are plastic.
They do the same job as the metal one's. It didn't bother me.
Wondering when they switched to plastic?

Thanks! You set me straight. I knew this was the place to come for advice.

#4073 2 years ago

Here's an option. Amazon about $6.

PXL_20210504_121459517 (resized).jpgPXL_20210504_121459517 (resized).jpgPXL_20210504_123017891 (resized).jpgPXL_20210504_123017891 (resized).jpgPXL_20210504_123049695.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210504_123049695.MP (resized).jpg
#4074 2 years ago

I mounted so the wheels are free turning. They turn when ball is kicked to the trough.

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Here's an option. Amazon about $6.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from wtatumjr:

I mounted so the wheels are free turning. They turn when ball is kicked to the trough.

we lit it up and made it interactive with the backboard flasher.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/led-zeppelin-pinball-illuminated-haulin-gas-van

#4076 2 years ago

The day has come!!! . After a 4 month wait I finally have the premium in the back of a van in my driveway waiting for a friend to come help me bring it to the basement. Can't wait to get it dialed in. I feel like a little kid at Christmas. : )

#4077 2 years ago

My LZ was absolutely horrible out of the box audio wise. I wonder why Stern set it this way. But after a minus 10 on music attenuation and plus 5 on speech is was much better, as someone else has suggested. After that adding a powered sub is a must.

#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

What makes them turn? Just vibration?

#4079 2 years ago

Vibration I guess. They don't seem to want to turn today. Yesterday I'd get about 1/4 turn everytime the ball trough solenoid activated.

#4080 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing. My topper came in today with no instructions.
One thing though, the spotlights are really loud when they rotate. My wife could hear them in the other room while watching tv. Hopefully, one of you techo -gurus can come up with a fix to make them quiet. Is there a setting in the menu options to make the spotlights rotate only during "attraction" mode and not during gameplay?

Quoted from flynnsarcade:

Looks Great ,I Do like the Pro Artwork ,So can you post a picture of the wiring page for the topper ,Unless i,m missing something My install papers that came with topper are only showing me where 2 of the 3 plugs go ?[quoted image]

#4081 2 years ago
Quoted from palmettophoto:

Congratulations, where did you order ? I am Still waiting

#4082 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Also still waiting. No word from littleshopofgames.

#4083 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I'm lucky, I live 20 minutes from Marcos Specialties. I signed up for the auto email notification for when they were in stock. I got an email yesterday saying they had them and I called immediately and picked the topper up on my way home from work. I think they only received a couple and they were claimed within minutes.

#4084 2 years ago

My topper just came in from Flippin Out. No notification email, so was a surprise. Yeah baby!

20210505_160211 (resized).jpg20210505_160211 (resized).jpg
#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

My topper just came in from Flippin Out. No notification email, so was a surprise. Yeah baby!
[quoted image]

Congrats. Please let me know if yours has a loud "whizzing" sound when the lights rotate. I swear mine is obnoxiously loud.

#4086 2 years ago

Congrats. Please let me know if yours has a loud "whizzing" sound when the lights rotate. I swear mine is obnoxiously loud.

I love how loud my R2D2 topper is. It lets you know there is something significant up there moving and not just a piece of plastic. I'll be installing it later tonight and can report back.

#4087 2 years ago

One thing though, the spotlights are really loud when they rotate. My wife could hear them in the other room while watching tv. Hopefully, one of you techo -gurus can come up with a fix to make them quiet. Is there a setting in the menu options to make the spotlights rotate only during "attraction" mode and not during gameplay?

You haven't turned your volume up loud enough.

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I love how loud my R2D2 topper is. It lets you know there is something significant up there moving and not just a piece of plastic. I'll be installing it later tonight and can report back.

Yeah, but that's actually some extra sound coded into the game. That droid noise is actually coming from your speakers...not the topper itself (although that does make some noise on its own).

#4089 2 years ago

Ok so I played a few games on my new premium. Code 1.02 . I noticed the electric magic will trap the ball and lower but won't put out another ball as if it doesn't sense the trapped ball and then it goes into ball find mode rises and releases the ball from the magnet. Is there any way to fix this?

#4090 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Ok so I played a few games on my new premium. Code 1.02 . I noticed the electric magic will trap the ball and lower but won't put out another ball as if it doesn't sense the trapped ball and then it goes into ball find mode rises and releases the ball from the magnet. Is there any way to fix this?

must be a bad opto on the EM assembly. Check the wiring to start.

#4091 2 years ago

I plugged mine in and it is quieter than expected. Doesn't seem obnoxious or anywhere near as loud as R2D2 for that matter.

It does look awesome up there as does my Viking rune shooter.

20210505_214642 (resized).jpg20210505_214642 (resized).jpg
#4092 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I had this issue and contacted stern and got the following:

It looks like what is happening is that because the spinner is not sitting properly, when the ball goes into the mechanism, the ball cannot be seen by the optical switches because it is being held in place by the spinner.

What I would suggest for now is to adjust the spinner wire assembly which should help align the spinner properly again for the time being.

#4093 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

I had this issue and contacted stern and got the following:
It looks like what is happening is that because the spinner is not sitting properly, when the ball goes into the mechanism, the ball cannot be seen by the optical switches because it is being held in place by the spinner.
What I would suggest for now is to adjust the spinner wire assembly which should help align the spinner properly again for the time being.

Turn the spinner so dark decal is facing forward. It solved earlier probs. I have not loaded latest code, seems like too many bugs in it.

#4094 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I plugged mine in and it is quieter than expected. Doesn't seem obnoxious or anywhere near as loud as R2D2 for that matter.
It does look awesome up there as does my Viking rune shooter. [quoted image]

nice shooter

#4095 2 years ago

Anybody else have the wire at the end of the shooter lane pop off continuously

#4096 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Anybody else have the wire at the end of the shooter lane pop off continuously

Yes, it drove me crazy. I ended up bending the straight wire that sticks through the hole at a 45 degree angle --- to do this, I had to remove the entire gate as gravity doesn't allow enough of the wire to stick through the hole when its on the board.... since I bent the wire, no more issues.

#4097 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I have the same issue (the only problem to emerge with my LZ so far)

I have found a little shake does the trick, but I accept that is not for everyone. How widespread is this issue?

#4098 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

My machine has done this straight out of the box as well. It’s frustrating.

#4099 2 years ago

I set up these Dean Delray interviews with Stern a few months ago.

This one, Tim Sexton talks about the LZ pin.

Dean also interviewed Gary Stern at the same time, this was played a couple of months back.

rd

#4100 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I videoed this problem and Pablo said he was sending it along to engineering. Heard nothing since, and it pisses me off.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Turn the spinner so dark decal is facing forward. It solved earlier probs. I have not loaded latest code, seems like too many bugs in it.

That doesn't fix this problem. Mine's flipped and it happens to me, and has since earlier code so I don't think it's a code problem either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

5,699 (OBO)
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,626 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/82?hl=jd4444 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.