IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 193.
#3901 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Anyone have a LZ and SW in there collection?
Are they too similar, with their layouts?

I do, and am a huge fan of both games. While I can appreciate the question, the games play much differently. The rules structures differ significantly, in my opinion. The horseshoe loop and fork ramp in SW are a must for completing modes and posting large scores. The side ramp and IcarusX structure provide that challenge for LZ. The Steve Ritchie flow is evident in both games, and there is a similar smooth feel when you get some combos going. Both of these games are keepers for me, and playing one doesn't make me avoid the other.

#3902 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I have them. Completely different games and layouts. And SW is WAY harder than Zep.

#3903 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my premium today, all set up. Plays great out of the box, not a single adjustment needed really. I am getting some rejects off the center turn around ramp from the right flipper, which I didn't have on my pro. It's like it's hitting a brick wall and coming back down. Probably a simple fix, maybe game isn't steep enough. Never happens off left flipper, maybe half the time off right.
Having had the pro for several months and now having the premium I can easily say the premium offers more in game play, but the play isn't a whole lot different and the pro has great value. I dont know the rules on the em spinner, but it seems to be working, shots got through, spinner spins a lot, every once in a while the magnet grabbed it. Not sure what causes the magnet to grab it yet, guessing maybe number of spins??? Sidewall lighting is very nice.
Overall, I'm happy I made the switch to the premium, but people with pros should be very happy too.
A few pics, manufacture date was april 10.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got my premium set up yesterday also great out of the box, the premium is definitely worth the extra dough.

#3904 2 years ago
177662916_10221970482388611_2997452308863547747_n (resized).jpg177662916_10221970482388611_2997452308863547747_n (resized).jpg
#3905 2 years ago

Ain't that the truth! Stairway turned 50 this year, still gets major play on any rock station.

#3906 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Did you see my post just a few ahead of yours? Yeah, I have both. IMO they don’t feel similar at all.

#3907 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Did you see my post just a few ahead of yours? Yeah, I have both. IMO they don’t feel similar at all.

I have both and agree. The games feel nothing alike aside from tons of flow and satisfying ramps.

#3908 2 years ago

How can I improve my score when my wife and kids are game hoggin

#3909 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

How can I improve my score when my wife and kids are game hoggin

Bribe em with candy

#3910 2 years ago

Man The topper adds another level to this game! Tilted the spotlights to the perfect angle and these lights bounce around the room as I play. Total blown away by the game. Exceeded my expectations as a first time buyer.
Sorry Hard to get everything in focus

E24685C0-FD8B-45E4-BBB0-82531FB10BA9 (resized).jpegE24685C0-FD8B-45E4-BBB0-82531FB10BA9 (resized).jpeg
#3911 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Man The topper adds another level to this game! Tilted the spotlights to the perfect angle and these lights bounce around the room as I play. Total blown away by the game. Exceeded my expectations as a first time buyer.
Sorry Hard to get everything in focus
[quoted image]

Sooooooooo jealous. Us west coast guys have to wait till prob end of next week. Looks great!!

#3912 2 years ago

Hot Spinner Action! Still loving the crap out of this game.

20210424_233310 (resized).jpg20210424_233310 (resized).jpg
#3913 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hot Spinner Action! Still loving the crap out of this game.
[quoted image]

Judas Priest dude. I think that’s more than my GC on my game. In my defense I’ve only had it for a week, but I’m pretty sure I’ll never approach this. Well done.

#3914 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I swear every time Kashmir gets played I can’t help but think of Mark Rattner and Stacy going on their first date from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Glad He took Demone’s tip on Led Zeppelin...Love this game haha!

WAxTe4B (resized).jpgWAxTe4B (resized).jpg
#3915 2 years ago

That’s a classic scene...I assume You know the joke behind it.

#3916 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Judas Priest dude. I think that’s more than my GC on my game. In my defense I’ve only had it for a week, but I’m pretty sure I’ll never approach this. Well done.

You'll get much better at it in time. My GC after one week was only 1/6 of what my GC is now. The rules for the songs are very straight forward. The rules for the MB's are fairly nuanced and take time to get better at scoring in the MB's. Add the new Band Boost(I still just call it the boom button) and it takes some getting used to.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3918 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You'll get much better at it in time. My GC after one week was only 1/6 of what my GC is now. The rules for the songs are very straight forward. The rules for the MB's are fairly nuanced and take time to get better at scoring in the MB's. Add the new Band Boost(I still just call it the boom button) and it takes some getting used to.

Can someone explain or confirm the em spinner rule.

You spell led zep by hitting the targets, the mech comes up.
You then hit the spinner to charge it until it can then lock a ball.
It then goes down and you hit either the back eject or the left eject to get it to come back up, hit the locked ball and you start mb.

The question is whether it could come up by hitting anything else or after a period of time it comes up automatically? I thought I saw it come up without hitting an eject, maybe due to time? I also see the shoot again light is flashing before the mb starts so thinking time is a factor to start things.

#3919 2 years ago

What is the best way to loosen up the spinner on the Electro Magic playfield? Mine is a little tight and does not always fall back down

#3920 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It then goes down and you hit either the back eject or the left eject to get it to come back up, hit the locked ball and you start mb.
The question is whether it could come up by hitting anything else or after a period of time it comes up automatically? I thought I saw it come up without hitting an eject, maybe due to time? I also see the shoot again light is flashing before the mb starts so thinking time is a factor to start things.

It will come back up on its own if you don't hit an eject but it will only be a two ball mb at that point. Also, the jackpots will be minimized because the eject shot is a hurry up. Hitting the eject brings another ball out into the shooter and makes it a 3 ball mb to start with. The rules are pretty nuanced. Check them out in my previous post above yours.

#3921 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you lock balls in both upper and left eject you get 4 ball multiball. If you dont lock any you get 2 ball. It will time out and begin 2 ball if you dont lock any. Also, make sure you're running at least 1.0 code. To get to em frenzy, you need to clear led zepp twice. And with new code, em will not rise until you hit a ramp or lock , so it protects the spinner as it's rising

#3922 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

To maximize scoring in EM MB. After you lock one ball in an eject, try to lock another ball in the other eject. Then when it serves another ball out you smack the other ball that is being held in the magnet. All of these phases are on hurry-ups, so the quicker you do them, the higher the payoff. I like to short plunge the third ball to try to avoid it going into the back of the EM. If that happens you lose your chance to lock that 3rd ball. And yes, if you are too slow the MB will begin on it's own.

The rules in EM Frenzy are completely different.

#3923 2 years ago
Quoted from Adam716:

What is the best way to loosen up the spinner on the Electro Magic playfield? Mine is a little tight and does not always fall back down

I’m having the same problem. Many times it just gets stuck horizontally and the ball will go right through without registering.

Another problem I’m having (I’m gonna search the thread to see if it’s a known issue and someone has a fix, but figured I’ll post it anyway), on too many occasions now I’ll lock a ball in the EM spinner, the mech will go down into the play field and it won’t give another ball to plunge. It just goes into ball search mode. A few times now it will just keep doing that over and over.

Have had the game for two days now and it’s on 1.02 code. Early issues to sort out.

#3924 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’m having the same problem. Many times it just gets stuck horizontally and the ball will go right through without registering.
Another problem I’m having (I’m gonna search the thread to see if it’s a known issue and someone has a fix, but figured I’ll post it anyway), on too many occasions now I’ll lock a ball in the EM spinner, the mech will go down into the play field and it won’t give another ball to plunge. It just goes into ball search mode. A few times now it will just keep doing that over and over.
Have had the game for two days now and it’s on 1.02 code. Early issues to sort out.

I have had this issue once or twice with the new code. Definitely a code issue as it never happened before the last update.

#3925 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That’s a classic scene...I assume You know the joke behind it.

...I always wondered if they couldn't get the rights for something from Led Zeppelin IV Side 1, or if they intentionally licensed Kasmir to make the guy on the date look like an idiot...

#3926 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I have had this issue once or twice with the new code. Definitely a code issue as it never happened before the last update.

I wonder if these 2 issue are related,Not registering a ball sounds like the opto is not working.The spinner may need a drop of lubricant on each end.worth a try on the spinner.Not sure on the opto.

#3927 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I wonder if these 2 issue are related,Not registering a ball sounds like the opto is not working.The spinner may need a drop of lubricant on each end.worth a try on the spinner.Not sure on the opto.

I know it’s been discussed already, but which lubricant is recommended? And is it the type of thing you’d just pick up at a hardware store?

#3928 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I know it’s been discussed already, but which lubricant is recommended? And is it the type of thing you’d just pick up at a hardware store?

I used tri flow but wd40 or any oil should be fine.just takes a little

#3929 2 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

...I always wondered if they couldn't get the rights for something from Led Zeppelin IV Side 1, or if they intentionally licensed Kasmir to make the guy on the date look like an idiot...

Could be both, but he definitely looked like an idiot...just hilarious.

#3930 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Zoom spout, Amazon, is a great lubricant. Lasts a long time, I put a bit on a q tip, it does not take much

#3931 2 years ago

Ball search when locking into EM is not a code problem, or everyone would be having the issue. It's a spinner issue. See the many many posts about the spinner. Basically, bend the two spinner mounting brackets outward(unless you have the new design). Then straighten out the bent spinner and lube with super lube, tri-flow, or whatever you have.

#3932 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Zoom spout, Amazon, is a great lubricant. Lasts a long time, I put a bit on a q tip, it does not take much

https://www.pinballlife.com/super-lube-all-purpose-oil.html

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3933 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ordered, thank you.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ball search when locking into EM is not a code problem, or everyone would be having the issue. It's a spinner issue. See the many many posts about the spinner. Basically, bend the two spinner mounting brackets outward(unless you have the new design). Then straighten out the bent spinner and lube with super lube, tri-flow, or whatever you have.

My game was built just two weeks ago, so it’s the new design. I guess the new design isn’t perfect either.

#3934 2 years ago

I like Dupont teflon Chain wax. goes on as a liquid and dries as a super slick wax that won't attract dirt. Tends to last a little longer than super lube. NEVER use WD40 for anything pinball related

Quoted from LeMansFan:

I like Dupont Teflon Chain wax. It goes on as a liquid and dries as a super slick wax that won't attract dirt. It also tends to last a little longer than super lube. NEVER use WD40 for anything pinball related.

#3935 2 years ago

Cmon stern, I need my topper!!

20210425_135625 (resized).jpg20210425_135625 (resized).jpg
#3936 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I used the Teflon lube Gel I had laying around that I use on EM games. Just a little on a q-tip...

#3937 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I flipped my spinner. No problems at all with the spinner...just with the game reading a ball lock.

#3938 2 years ago

Arrived today. No notice that it shipped. Fits the colors for LE really well.

145D3BEC-F0B0-48FC-86F2-65E8B0F627B2 (resized).jpeg145D3BEC-F0B0-48FC-86F2-65E8B0F627B2 (resized).jpeg
#3939 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Arrived today. No notice that it shipped. Fits the colors for LE really well.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Who did you order from?

#3940 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Awesome! Who did you order from?

Game Exchange of Colorado. Same time as the shooter but that showed up awhile ago.

#3941 2 years ago

Does anyone else feel like the flipper mechanism on this game is a lot louder than on most other games???

#3942 2 years ago

Topper looks cool!!! I just love toppers. I have them on all my 45 games. Lol. Some originally came with the game. Like Whirlwind and Tales from the Crypt to name a few. Enjoy!

#3943 2 years ago

Anyone have issues with the ball getting hung up on the rear edge of the black plastic when the EM is raised
Mine looks to sit a little too high above the playfield when the EM is raised, is there an adjustment that can be done?
I have to shake the machine vigorously to jar the ball loose from this position
Otherwise everything else is great

#3944 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Anyone have issues with the ball getting hung up on the rear edge of the black plastic when the EM is raised
Mine looks to sit a little too high above the playfield when the EM is raised, is there an adjustment that can be done?
I have to shake the machine vigorously to jar the ball loose from this position
Otherwise everything else is great

Mine gets hung up on the 2 back support rods occasionally. Not sure what you can do about it- good time to grab another beer.

#3945 2 years ago

Pablo from Stern overnighted me two opto boards for the EM spinner when mine went bad. Excellent customer service! This game is such a blast! I find myself playing at much higher volume than any of my other pins and really rocking out! The flow is outstanding!

#3946 2 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Pablo from Stern overnighted me two opto boards for the EM spinner when mine went bad. Excellent customer service! This game is such a blast! I find myself playing at much higher volume than any of my other pins and really rocking out! The flow is outstanding!

Pinwoofer and external amp, concert like sound!!

#3947 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I used tri flow but wd40 or any oil should be fine.just takes a little

tri flow works good I should not have said wd40

#3948 2 years ago

Just waiting for the LZ topper I ordered months ago. Come on Stern.

topper2  (resized).jpgtopper2 (resized).jpgtoppers lineup (resized).jpgtoppers lineup (resized).jpg
#3949 2 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

Just waiting for the LZ topper I ordered months ago. Come on Stern.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The Congo topper is incredible!!!!

#3950 2 years ago

Great honest comparison finally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, KS
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/79?hl=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.