IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 191.
#3851 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Their called gobo's. Should be easy.
For those of us with earlier builds, will Stern provide us those new plates inside the electro magic spinner?

I got a email from Pablo yesterday saying I would be receiving the new one and I emailed about a totally different issue so I’ll take it and keep it until needed.

#3852 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just went to stern.com under “contact us”
If they added 2 songs as encores or something, the song panel can have all of the songs lit up or none of them lit, thus reinforcing that one of the 2 new tracks are being played. Definitely licensing issues/costs involved, but am still hoping they may go the Metallica route and get it done.
Just a thought....

I sent them a message and anyone else who would like to see this happen should as well.

Again, it’s how Metallica got them added so it is possible!

#3853 2 years ago

I have been a slacker the last couple years with ratings. I did just take the time to go in and put in ratings for Led Zeppelin LE. Looks like it is coming in as number 2 now for my ratings. Only thing that did not get a full vote was speech and call-outs, such a great game in all categories! Basically a 9.86 out of 10-not too shabby

#3854 2 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

They do move during the game. Not a lot. I’ve only played it a few times with the topper. I have not figured out what activates the lights to move. The band symbols light and correspond to the symbols on the playfield.
I’m not a big topper guy, but I really like this one.

Topper looks great, can’t wait to get mine.

There are settings for it which I believe minimal movement is default for home use but can’t be changed.

#3855 2 years ago

I just want to caution anybody about installing gobos on these lights. Gobos require brackets to hold them, fitted to the outside of the spotlight. Gobos also aren't the lightest things in the world...they do have a bit of weight to them even though it's not much. I'm afraid that the motors used on these spotlights aren't designed to be moving that extra weight around. You run the risk of burning out the (probably cheap) motors. Just a thought...

#3856 2 years ago

Sorry folks, I’ve been digging for a answer,
But is Stern coming up with a new spinner braket? Or a solution to the problem.
Love the pin but end up backing off once I start to see the spinner seize again.

#3857 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Sorry folks, I’ve been digging for a answer,
But is Stern coming up with a new spinner braket? Or a solution to the problem.
Love the pin but end up backing off once I start to see the spinner seize again.

I had a first build and had problems at first. I haven't had a single problem since the update. Stern should have known about this pre release but it seems the update fixed mine...I hope for good.

#3858 2 years ago

I guess I got lucky by knocking on some wood. I have not had any issues with my spinner since day one.

Seems like spinners that need to be tweaked end up being minor adjustments that usually become a permanent fix.

Also do not forget to lube that spinner. I have lubed my spinner three times now with Tri-Flow, and feel it helps.

#3859 2 years ago

I tried Pablo's email a while back about getting a replacement plastic top on the EM since it has numerous small chips in it from the older software. I even included pictures. Didn't even get a reply.

#3860 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I tried Pablo's email a while back about getting a replacement plastic top on the EM since it has numerous small chips in it from the older software. I even included pictures. Didn't even get a reply.

He's probably pissed off about your high scores, too.

(But really...did you cc your distro? Get him involved to get it resolved. That's their job...)

#3861 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Pablo asked me for photos of my damaged spinner and plastic top and a week later I received replacements,Maybe you should try again.

#3862 2 years ago

I just sent him the email again. I recall several years ago I had a broken part on GOT that was only 3 weeks old. My distributor said either he could send the email or I could. I think I opted to send it and had the part in just a few days.

I'm not too worried about getting the new design EM spinner mech since mine works great. I just need a new top plastic.

20210312_220836 (resized).jpg20210312_220836 (resized).jpg20210312_220838 (resized).jpg20210312_220838 (resized).jpg

I also realize these pics don't look too bad. But it did get worse than this, I just haven't taken new pics.

#3863 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I just sent him the email again. I recall several years ago I had a broken part on GOT that was only 3 weeks old. My distributor said either he could send the email or I could. I think I opted to send it and had the part in just a few days.
I'm not too worried about getting the new design EM spinner mech since mine works great. I just need a new top plastic.
[quoted image][quoted image]
I also realize these pics don't look too bad. But it did get worse than this, I just haven't taken new pics.

those pics look damaged enough to me.This is a new game

#3864 2 years ago

Does anyone have an opinion on adding a shaker motor to LZ? Does it add anything to the gameplay? Input appreciated.

#3865 2 years ago

Anyone else having problems with 1.02 code for Premium? It downloads and unzips fine but after inserting USB stick into machine it says it can't unpack it (after loading/extracting the full 4.3GB from the stick)... and leaves the machine unplayable and asking for an update USB

#3866 2 years ago

Hi all,

I have a problem on my LE. I have none lightshow on the both side. Someone can make a picture of the 2 cards inside the cabinet. I think a connector has been forgotten by stern...

Thanks a lot

#3867 2 years ago
Quoted from hdavidson:

Does anyone have an opinion on adding a shaker motor to LZ? Does it add anything to the gameplay? Input appreciated.

I have shakers in all my pins. It's an inexpensive part that is easy to install. Just a little more physical feedback when you make a shot or something special happens!

#3868 2 years ago
Quoted from Juniorsc:

I have shakers in all my pins. It's an inexpensive part that is easy to install. Just a little more physical feedback when you make a shot or something special happens!

Cool. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced one. Definitely cheap enough - just wasn’t sure it would add to the experience. I’m sure they’re great on action titles.

#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from hdavidson:

Cool. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced one. Definitely cheap enough - just wasn’t sure it would add to the experience. I’m sure they’re great on action titles.

love the way these work and you can adjust them as well.My Iron Maiden shakes the whole house I may turn up the 1 on my zepp

#3870 2 years ago
Quoted from luckyjonah:

Anyone else having problems with 1.02 code for Premium? It downloads and unzips fine but after inserting USB stick into machine it says it can't unpack it (after loading/extracting the full 4.3GB from the stick)... and leaves the machine unplayable and asking for an update USB

I have a pro, but for the 1.0 code something similar happened to me:

For 3 attempts the update would start to download from the usb and then stop and give me a “can’t unpack” message about one third of the way done. My machine was still playable afterwards and would boot up and play fine with the previous code.

Finally I switched from the c15 to the c9 USB port (they are side by side) and bingo- file loaded with no problem.

I found it odd because I think I did all the previous updates successfully using the c15 port with the same usb stick. I can’t explain it.

#3871 2 years ago

Got my premium today, all set up. Plays great out of the box, not a single adjustment needed really. I am getting some rejects off the center turn around ramp from the right flipper, which I didn't have on my pro. It's like it's hitting a brick wall and coming back down. Probably a simple fix, maybe game isn't steep enough. Never happens off left flipper, maybe half the time off right.

Having had the pro for several months and now having the premium I can easily say the premium offers more in game play, but the play isn't a whole lot different and the pro has great value. I dont know the rules on the em spinner, but it seems to be working, shots got through, spinner spins a lot, every once in a while the magnet grabbed it. Not sure what causes the magnet to grab it yet, guessing maybe number of spins??? Sidewall lighting is very nice.

Overall, I'm happy I made the switch to the premium, but people with pros should be very happy too.

A few pics, manufacture date was april 10.

PXL_20210423_201948452.jpgPXL_20210423_201948452.jpgPXL_20210423_203051943.jpgPXL_20210423_203051943.jpgPXL_20210423_210840510.jpgPXL_20210423_210840510.jpgPXL_20210423_213002445.jpgPXL_20210423_213002445.jpg

#3872 2 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
I have a problem on my LE. I have none lightshow on the both side. Someone can make a picture of the 2 cards inside the cabinet. I think a connector has been forgotten by stern...
Thanks a lot

I am trying to upload photos for you but having trouble loading so I will just try and PM them

#3874 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I am trying to upload photos for you but having trouble loading so I will just try and PM them

I hope this helps the lights are spectacular.

IMG_2076 (resized).jpgIMG_2076 (resized).jpgIMG_2077 (resized).jpgIMG_2077 (resized).jpgIMG_2079 (resized).jpgIMG_2079 (resized).jpgIMG_2080 (resized).jpgIMG_2080 (resized).jpgIMG_2081 (resized).jpgIMG_2081 (resized).jpgIMG_2082 (resized).jpgIMG_2082 (resized).jpg
#3875 2 years ago

I had an opportunity to play an LE on location today (shoutout to Pinball Palace in Brunswick, GA - amazing place!). I went in having only mild interest in the title and left absolutely loving it. It was my son’s favorite machine in our two hour session as well.

All the ramps felt really satisfying to hit and the Electric Magic spinner was a very cool toy. I’d definitely go premium over pro on this one, and hope to add one to my collection at some point in the near future.

There was a GnR LE right next to it. It definitely had it beat in bling but I just didn’t find it that fun to shoot. I hoped I’d find it more fun on my second visit but it didn’t happen - I put more games on the LZ by far. I don’t know why JJP games don’t click with me.

#3876 2 years ago

Just picked up my topper. Can’t wait to check it out when I get home!

#3877 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Oh man!! Congrats. Now I feel like a kid again. I can't wait. Hopefully it is not too much longer.

#3878 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Post some pics!

#3879 2 years ago

So the topper had to be plugged in to where my hermit mod is. Was told I will need a splitter - any help appreciated.

Yes I put the pro translite on my Premium - felt it needed some more color and pop.

059C538B-22D0-4CA8-B1EA-075FB5F99D3A (resized).jpeg059C538B-22D0-4CA8-B1EA-075FB5F99D3A (resized).jpeg987085E9-306A-4A81-96A5-FA9BDACB0911 (resized).jpeg987085E9-306A-4A81-96A5-FA9BDACB0911 (resized).jpeg
#3880 2 years ago

A couple more

0E1242A6-FC8E-4E5E-9097-A818E92A4373 (resized).jpeg0E1242A6-FC8E-4E5E-9097-A818E92A4373 (resized).jpeg10201FE1-E4EC-453F-8ED1-31A3CABD6651 (resized).jpeg10201FE1-E4EC-453F-8ED1-31A3CABD6651 (resized).jpeg
#3881 2 years ago

Joined the club today

1C975783-9444-44CE-85DA-E9BB99C8D9C9 (resized).jpeg1C975783-9444-44CE-85DA-E9BB99C8D9C9 (resized).jpeg
#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

So the topper had to be plugged in to where my hermit mod is. Was told I will need a splitter - any help appreciated.
Yes I put the pro translite on my Premium - felt it needed some more color and pop.

I posted some photos of inside my cabinet check out that splitter on mine.Just scroll up a little I justed posted on something else

#3883 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Joined the club today
[quoted image]

Nice lineup

#3884 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

A couple more

Nice job nice the way it looks, the whole scene.

#3885 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

This is the splitter you need...

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/4-way-stern-spike-splitter

#3886 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I posted some photos of inside my cabinet check out that splitter on mine.Just scroll up a little I justed posted on something else

Where to get that splitter. part number ? My topper will need one too if I ever get it.

#3887 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yeah...I saw this coming and ordered the splitter from Rob when I got the hermit mod. Get his...it's awesome and sticks to the backbox with a magnetic back.

#3888 2 years ago

Awesome - Thank you so much! Just placed my order.

#3889 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm still having an intermittent problem where the EM captures a ball, lowers, and the game never kicks another ball out into the shooter lane. Then it goes into ball search, releases the ball from the EM, and I have to recapture it...at which time it behaves normally. Really weird, but I'm not sure it's a switch problem because everything still works in switch tests. Other than that, it's perfect.

Go into test and make sure all 3 Opto switches are working On the EM ,Had same issue and found the front opto was not working ,Stern is sending parts for mine

#3890 2 years ago

Got the email this evening that my topper is shipping out tomorrow. Can’t wait!

#3891 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsarcade:

Go into test and make sure all 3 Opto switches are working On the EM ,Had same issue and found the front opto was not working ,Stern is sending parts for mine

Thank you! I tested all the switches--physical and opto--but perhaps I missed something and I'll check again tomorrow.

#3892 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...I saw this coming and ordered the splitter from Rob when I got the hermit mod. Get his...it's awesome and sticks to the backbox with a magnetic back.

yes 4 way splitter thats the one

#3893 2 years ago

Is this topper the first official Stern accessory to use the +12v CN6 connection in the backbox?

#3894 2 years ago

I see that I will need a splitter so I ordered a bunch of stuff. What the heck it's not like this game is leaving my basement any time soon. LED ZEPPELIN ROCKS AND SO DOSE THERE PINBALL.

#3895 2 years ago

My machine arrived today! Just in time for a bi-monthly pinball party tomorrow that I have with my cousin. Can’t wait to get a better grasp on this game!

5A8316AE-C561-4174-A73F-7FD195ADD9C4 (resized).jpeg5A8316AE-C561-4174-A73F-7FD195ADD9C4 (resized).jpegBDE2F5EA-F845-4825-802A-472CD0821925 (resized).jpegBDE2F5EA-F845-4825-802A-472CD0821925 (resized).jpegE50F98B4-3C86-4A34-AD6B-3C6D9F15A45D (resized).jpegE50F98B4-3C86-4A34-AD6B-3C6D9F15A45D (resized).jpeg
#3896 2 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

I have a pro, but for the 1.0 code something similar happened to me:
For 3 attempts the update would start to download from the usb and then stop and give me a “can’t unpack” message about one third of the way done. My machine was still playable afterwards and would boot up and play fine with the previous code.
Finally I switched from the c15 to the c9 USB port (they are side by side) and bingo- file loaded with no problem.
I found it odd because I think I did all the previous updates successfully using the c15 port with the same usb stick. I can’t explain it.

I'm pleased to know I'm not the only one but it's very strange isn't it - I tried 3 more times and on the 4th time it just worked. I didn't do anything differently.

#3897 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Is this topper the first official Stern accessory to use the +12v CN6 connection in the backbox?

I’d be surprised if it used that plug since that just provides power and doesn’t have anything to do with what’s going on in the game (I.e., it would not be interactive). Unless there is another plug the topper also uses. I’ve never owned a stern topper so don’t know where they typically plug in, but I would have thought it would be on the cpu and/or the pre-wired accessory plug.

#3898 2 years ago

Anyone have a LZ and SW in there collection?
Are they too similar, with their layouts?

#3899 2 years ago

I swear every time Kashmir gets played I can’t help but think of Mark Rattner and Stacy going on their first date from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Glad He took Demone’s tip on Led Zeppelin...Love this game haha!

#3900 2 years ago

A big thumbs up to Sterns warranty. I had a legitimate issue with my LE playfield and they swapped it out for a new populated one. no hassles what so ever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/78?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.