pasted_image (resized).png
2C220BE3-3061-4742-8F54-E39843089FC2 (resized).jpeg
35C1C198-BA46-482E-9379-3F88553A6DDE (resized).jpeg
62B20771-E7B9-48AF-ACAE-B64E9439755F (resized).jpeg
8FE516D4-C1AE-4B18-ABAF-D3E401861A6B (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
A4659A5B-472C-4CB9-96F2-315852D74499 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,150 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 163.
#3651 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yes they are!! Owned a 55 sedan delivery gasser and a 210 years ago. Let's see Pics of yr 55 James!!

IMG_1938 (resized).jpg
#3652 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

Now that's nice!!!!

#3653 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Now that's nice!!!!

IMG_1937 (2) (resized).jpg
#3654 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

working on my 65 these days

IMG_2021 (resized).jpg
#3655 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

Nice rides. Goat is a great car too. I miss my 60s cars,

#3656 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

In a nutshell:
If it's green and flashing and you are in single ball play, hit it to score points.
If it's red and flashing and you are in single ball play, hit it to score even more points.
If it's green and flashing and you are in Multiball, hit it to work towards an add-a-ball.
If it's red and flashing and you are in Multiball, hit it for an instant add-a-ball.
Now for some finer points:
How many Band Boosts you currently have is in instant info on the 2nd screen.
Once you get five, you must use some to be able to earn any more.
Three or more enables the Red button(Super Band).
If it's not flashing, you can't use it.
Easiest way to build the button is to get 5 gold records in a song, then shoot the top eject and change the song. This nets 3 button uses.
Best use of the red button in single ball play: Work up a huge combo late in the game and when you miss the next combo shot, smash that button!
Best use of the red button in MB: Save it until you drain down to one ball and quickly smash that button to resurrect MB!
The button also helps tremendously in building up your Icarus X. Before, my best was 19.2 X. Now it is 29X.

I had no clue about all of these functions,I am happy to find out it does more than just launch a ball

#3657 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

My dream car. Awesome.

#3658 1 year ago

Fun times!

20210417_122052 (resized).jpg
#3659 1 year ago

I love this machine...
Did a tutorial video - feedback welcome

Led Zeppelin Code 1.00 | Pinball Tutorial (english)

It‘s quite comprehensive, so please use youtubes chapter feature

*Tutorial*
A lot of talk at the beginning – to jump into the game click ... 32:22! | More infos and links please see below

*Chapters*
00:00 Introduction
02:13 Layout
10:12 Basics (Rules)
32:22 The Game
1:17:00 Summary
1:22:45 Led Zeppelin in 1 min

#3660 1 year ago
Quoted from frg:

I love this machine...
Did a tutorial video - feedback welcome
Led Zeppelin Code 1.00 | Pinball Tutorial (english)

Awesome! My premium shipped yesterday. Gonna find some time to watch this video to get my bearings before it shows up.
My dad was born and raised in Berlin. I’m sure he’d prefer if I watched the German version, alas my Deutsch is not so good.

#3661 1 year ago

Woohoo! Finally got her down here. Played a few games (super fun, those spinners!), installed the Pinwoofer kit (kick ass!) and leveled at 6.8. I haven’t watched much gameplay video because I want to figure it out on my own. Can’t believe people were bagging on the looks of this game. My premium is gorgeous. Thanks to all the participants in this thread that pushed me over the edge to grab this. Cheers!

image (resized).jpg
#3662 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Woohoo! Finally got her down here. Played a few games (super fun, those spinners!), installed the Pinwoofer kit (kick ass!) and leveled at 6.8. I haven’t watched much gameplay video because I want to figure it out on my own. Can’t believe people were bagging on the looks of this game. My premium is gorgeous. Thanks to all the participants in this thread that pushed me over the edge to grab this. Cheers!
[quoted image]

did you get a hermit for the corner ?

#3663 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

did you get a hermit for the corner ?

No I have a Les Paul and a Marshall stack that I need to install, totally forgot.

#3664 1 year ago

This game is fast fast fast! And holy combos! I’m having a hard time figuring out what I’m doing because the ball never stops. So stoked, this is exactly what I wanted this game to be. Classic Steve Ritchie layout and gameplay that my lineup needed since Spider-man left.

#3665 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

This game is fast fast fast! And holy combos! I’m having a hard time figuring out what I’m doing because the ball never stops. So stoked, this is exactly what I wanted this game to be. Classic Steve Ritchie layout and gameplay that my lineup needed since Spider-man left.

...but doesn't it leave you wishing you had gotten a GnR?

#3666 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oddly no. As much as I want to hang out with those super kool JJP dudez, LZ and the rational gameplay first people here are a little more my speed. That being said, I haven’t played GNR yet but am glad that people love it.

#3667 1 year ago

Now I’m getting used to the rules, this game is perfect for me
I love chasing the lit shots to earn the gold record required to progress through the songs, on my long quest for “top of the charts” wizard mode
On top of that, the tours are awesome, 4 of those bad boys done and “world tour” wizard mode 2 beckons
Then of course the forever out of my reach “?” wizard mode 3
Top it off with the electric magic devise, zeppelin multiball, endless flow (thx Ritchie)
This is one awesome game and man those expression lights that groove in sync with the Zepp beat, unbelievable!

#3668 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Trouble maker

#3669 1 year ago

One more thing and I’ll shut my honeymooning ass up. This thing is the most dialed in game (knock on wood) straight out of the box ever for me. I’ve been under the hood of Stranger Things, Rick and Morty, and recently TBL constantly (love them all) and it’s refreshing to set it up and let it rip. Was expecting some hiccups with the backlog and constant issues everywhere with all manufacturers but this thing is as tight as a frog rumpus. Well done Stern.

#3670 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

One more thing and I’ll shut my honeymooning ass up. This thing is the most dialed in game (knock on wood) straight out of the box ever for me. I’ve been under the hood of Stranger Things, Rick and Morty, and recently TBL constantly (love them all) and it’s refreshing to set it up and let it rip. Was expecting some hiccups with the backlog and constant issues everywhere with all manufacturers but this thing is as tight as a frog rumpus. Well done Stern.

Spinner has really been only issue and it was easy code fix. Rest of my game has been bullet proof too! I've owned all the stern music pins except primus , and this one just keeps me wanting to play over and over. At high volume! : If you haven't yet, add a external woofer in addition to your pinwoofer. Just amazing .

#3671 1 year ago

Only issue out of the box I’ve had is with the level of the EM device
I found that once raised, it wasn’t flush with the playfield (at least 2 to 3mm too high)
The rear of the device was so high that the ball would get caught up all the time
I’ve adjusted the height courtesy of a couple of zip ties (fitted on the devise rods from under the playfield) and level perfection has been achieved
Not sure if there is a more subtle way to adjust, but this method at least has corrected the level issue

#3672 1 year ago

I'm still having an intermittent problem where the EM captures a ball, lowers, and the game never kicks another ball out into the shooter lane. Then it goes into ball search, releases the ball from the EM, and I have to recapture it...at which time it behaves normally. Really weird, but I'm not sure it's a switch problem because everything still works in switch tests. Other than that, it's perfect.

#3673 1 year ago

Hey Guys, massive Zeppelin and SR fan here.
I finally got in a few games on a Premium this week.
It was only a few, but man I had to pump the brakes on my desire to grab this one.

It’s going to have to grow on me before I can commit to purchase one. As the country opens up, I’m hoping to get more time on them. This is tough for me, but I went down this road with Star Wars. Eventually, I had a used LE bit let it go within a year.

I’m not here to rain on the parade, just share thoughts and read other opinions.

#3674 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

I had a midnight blue 65 SS.If I remember they had a power glide transmission?I sold it to buy a family car wish I still had it!

#3675 1 year ago

For my first machine it was a toss up between a NIB GNR or LZ, or a used Metallica. After all was said and done, I felt LZ was the best fit and had the best gameplay for what I look for in a game. Just got this bad boy delivered from the great guys at Great American Pinball and I’m having a blast and I know I made the right choice! Yes I swapped out to the Pro style translight as I think it looks way better then the LZ self titled (more color and pop) and those are on the sides anyway. Added the side rails, shooter knob, hermit mod, the double neck guitar mod, as well as a decal on the zeppelin and some flipper covers. My Topper will be picked up in a week or so. No issues other than having to adjust the right flipper alignment. Thanks to all on this thread for your great input on this amazing game - it Rocks with my 12” Klipsh sub. Cheers!

403BECDD-4F5F-4B5A-87AA-525BD97ECD5C.jpeg79F8E77A-FE3D-4A29-971B-17998A37A933.jpeg
#3676 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

For my first machine it was a toss up between a NIB GNR or LZ, or a used Metallica. After all was said and done, I felt LZ was the best fit and had the best gameplay for what I look for in a game. Just got this bad boy delivered from the great guys at Great American Pinball and I’m having a blast and I know I made the right choice! Yes I swapped out to the Pro style translight as I think it looks way better then the LZ self titled (more color and pop) and those are on the sides anyway. Added the side rails, shooter knob, hermit mod, the double neck guitar mod, as well as a decal on the zeppelin and some flipper covers. My Topper will be picked up in a week or so. No issues other than having to adjust the right flipper alignment. Thanks to all on this thread for your great input on this amazing game - it Rocks with my 12” Klipsh sub. Cheers!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where are you getting your topper? I can't get any info on when mine
will be shipped

#3677 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I had a midnight blue 65 SS.If I remember they had a power glide transmission?I sold it to buy a family car wish I still had it!

Ss is a chev, that's a Pontiac.

#3678 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Where are you getting your topper? I can't get any info on when minecwill be shipped

From Great American Pinball..Approx week or 2. No firm date just yet - he’s gonna call when it arrives for me to pick up.

Especially appreciate your comments on this thread Hayfarmer. Def helped guide my purchase...
any comments on that HD invisiglass? Is it worth the $240? Big improvement?

#3679 1 year ago

The le came with invisiglass. Im assuming its the same as the glass stern sells. Idk if id buy it at $250, was considering it for a few other pins, but holding off for now. Plus, its sooooooo tight, I have to use a glass suction cup to remove. Harbor freight tool has em for 5 or 6 bucks . If you turn backbox lighting down in settings to 25% while in gameplay , as I do on all games, its not really noticable. Thx for the kind words, its such a fun game and theme , for me at least.

#3680 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

nice touch.we all have the same game but with nice little touches making them our version.that just makes it even more fun

#3681 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

It looks good. Nice job.

#3682 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

wouldnt it be nice to put a PINK FLOYD machine in front of that D G poster

#3683 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Still monitoring this thread, eh?

#3684 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Still monitoring this thread, eh?

He will end up with an lz haha.

#3685 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

wouldnt it be nice to put a PINK FLOYD machine in front of that D G poster

Oh man don’t get me started haha! It would be my holy grail pin. Sadly don’t think Floyd would ever license out their tunes. Granted most of their music is not geared towards a face-paced rock pin, but I could definitely pick out 10-14 more upbeat songs out of their huge catalog to make it work well. And talk about theme integration - Floyd prob has the best to choose from in terms of visuals - there is so much they could do!
Ahhh one can dream.

#3686 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Oh man don’t get me started haha! It would be my holy grail pin. Sadly don’t think Floyd would ever license out their tunes. Granted most of their music is not geared towards a face-paced rock pin, but I could definitely pick out 10-14 more upbeat songs out of their huge catalog to make it work well. And talk about theme integration - Floyd prob has the best to choose from in terms of visuals - there is so much they could do!
Ahhh one can dream.

I put DG20s Gilmores pickups on my strat now it can cut glass but my skills didnt improve

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm still having an intermittent problem where the EM captures a ball, lowers, and the game never kicks another ball out into the shooter lane. Then it goes into ball search, releases the ball from the EM, and I have to recapture it...at which time it behaves normally. Really weird, but I'm not sure it's a switch problem because everything still works in switch tests. Other than that, it's perfect.

Mine does it sometimes. Just give it a little forward shove and it will take off!

#3688 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I put DG20s Gilmores pickups on my strat now it can cut glass but my skills didnt improve

Haha nice - Always wanted to make a replica of his 57’ candy apple strat with those pickups - it’s on my list of things to do. Here’s my baby - fender David Gilmour custom shop from the first run back in 08.

BF843922-E20F-465E-9F26-A43B9C821D57 (resized).jpeg
#3689 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mine does it sometimes. Just give it a little forward shove and it will take off!

I do, and it does. But it doesn't do it all the time and every time I try to video it, the game behaves nicely as if it knows I'm watching.

Pablo asked for a video so he could send it to engineering to take a look. I'm glad it's not just me...but it shouldn't happen at all.

Anybody else have this EM problem?

#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

PS...did you flip your spinner around? That's the only thing I've done to mine that could possibly be sending some messed up signal to the machine.

#3691 1 year ago

Anyone has add speakerrings to the premium? I wonder what looks better white or orange ?

#3692 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

PS...did you flip your spinner around? That's the only thing I've done to mine that could possibly be sending some messed up signal to the machine.

i flipped my around and it has played great no more issues.it worked for my machine.now i just need to decide if I want to put my shooter gate back on or just let it remain off

#3693 1 year ago

Just would like to add that on my very first game I hit the center ramp from the upper right flipper twice, so it definitely is accessible from all the flippers. Someone tell Cary Hardy haha.

#3694 1 year ago

Finally got a video of the problem. It seems to happen more during some songs than others. I know it happens during Good Times, Bad Times, so I video'ed that...and sure enough, it happened around 1:55 of this video.

Please excuse my repeated borked attempts to hit the center shot when it counted. The pressure was killing me.

#3695 1 year ago

Anyone notice that the default audio setting for the backbox speakers is 8 ohm, but the Kenwoods in the LE are 4 ohm speakers? Thoughts?

#3696 1 year ago

Yes leave it on 8 ohm. 4 omh makes it very low.

#3697 1 year ago

Added some vinyl to the Pro...

IMG_1224 (resized).jpgIMG_1225 (resized).jpg
#3698 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

my game does the exact same thing, not sure what is causing it

#3699 1 year ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

nice Led Balloon decal on the ship

#3700 1 year ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

consider the pinwoofer amp and speaker kit its highly recommended,i think I will go crank mine up now.enjoy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 133.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
There are 8,150 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 163.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!