IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 193.
#3551 3 years ago

So we get a Celebration Day are there songs from it?

#3552 3 years ago

Version 1.0 is great, I agree.

The one major thing that I can’t stand as the code presently sits are the tour modes. Could they be any more generic from a fanfare and video standpoint?

They need to polish these 4 modes so they visually seem different and make you want to pick one over the other for whatever reason.

If they can tweak this the code would be over the top good. I emailed this to stern along with another issue I’m having.

It’s honestly my only complaint

#3553 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The one major thing that I can’t stand as the code presently sits are the tour modes. Could they be any more generic from a fanfare and video standpoint?
They need to polish these 4 modes so they visually seem different and make you want to pick one over the other for whatever reason.
If they can tweak this the code would be over the top good. I emailed this to stern along with another issue I’m having.

What's the email for code bug fix? I know there's a separate one. Maybe if enough of us ask it will get done

#3554 3 years ago

Got word that my Premium is shipping out next week! Let’s go!

#3555 3 years ago

Ok, figured out pic process. Thought it might look good next to front of zeppelin, but I thought it looked disproportionate. Thx again space coast.

20210405_173123 (resized).jpg20210405_173123 (resized).jpg

#3556 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What's the email for code bug fix? I know there's a separate one. Maybe if enough of us ask it will get done

I’m not sure but I sent it to tech support.

They have been monitoring this thread so hopefully they see it.

I’m not looking for anything crazy but non stop airplane barrel rolls is stupid and has nothing to do with LZ.

Something unique to the 71 Uk tour, 75 USA tour, 77 USA and Earls court tours.

Posters, ticket stubs, unique footage to some of them shows mixed in with the airplane stuff. It’s all out there and available.

#3557 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did you ever get a response about your inaccurate plane bug report?

#3558 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Not exactly a bug report more of a request on how to improve the game from a theme integration standpoint. Those 4 tours are pretty centric to the game and all seem the same except how you qualify them. When playing no difference.

The bug report I submitted was the dude telling me to select a song 10+ seconds after the ball is already in play, annoying as shit in my opinion as I clearly already selected my song. Also the EM that stays up after stating a new game, do I really need to shoot around that to get a safe shot?

How about EM lowers when start button pushed..pretty simple idea.

#3559 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It is a inaccurate plane too, they didn’t fly Boeing 737NG back in the 1970’s.

They could have at least used the LZ Starship which was a Boeing 720 based off the 707 platform.

All about attention to detail, I’m not the biggest JJP fanboy but they usually don’t miss on stuff like this. Almost too easy.

#3560 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It is a inaccurate plane too, they didn’t fly Boeing 737NG back in the 1970’s.
They could have at least used the LZ Starship which was a Boeing 720 based off the 707 platform.
All about attention to detail, I’m not the biggest JJP fanboy but they usually don’t miss on stuff like this. Almost too easy.

yeah I thought you'd had filed that as a bug ages ago.

I like the plane animations, but to be honest I'm too busy trying to score with the ball to figure out what plane type it is an how many seats it would have had in first class

is your complaint about the tours about the presentation because the modes themselves are very different?

#3561 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah I thought you'd had filed that as a bug ages ago.
I like the plane animations, but to be honest I'm too busy trying to score with the ball to figure out what plane type it is an how many seats it would have had in first class
is your complaint about the tours about the presentation because the modes themselves are very different?

Presentation mainly and I fly for a living so hard to not notice and happen to be aware of the LZ Starship as a fan of the band.

Just letting my opinion be know that’s all, love the game otherwise.

Game play is great but half of pinball these days is presentation and fanfare so when I’m a observer watching someone else play this is what I see.

#3562 3 years ago

See photo for the poor man's PRO -> PREMIUM upgrade.... While I would've loved to be able to afford the Premium, with the Canadian dollar as low as it is, only the PRO was within my budget. I really preferred the PREMIUM translite, so I swapped out the PRO translite and now I've got a hybrid machine... works for me!

IMG_1214 (resized).jpgIMG_1214 (resized).jpg
#3563 3 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

See photo for the poor man's PRO -> PREMIUM upgrade.... While I would've loved to be able to afford the Premium, with the Canadian dollar as low as it is, only the PRO was within my budget. I really preferred the PREMIUM translite, so I swapped out the PRO translite and now I've got a hybrid machine... works for me!
[quoted image]

Ha! I just bought a pro translight to swap out in my premium.

#3564 3 years ago

Still got this game on wishlist.

What was the special wizard 'thing' that was talked about when the game came out?

Thanks

#3565 3 years ago

I’m thinking of purchasing a Shaker Motor Kit to upgrade my Pro. Is the effect worth it? Should I worry about increased wear and tear on the machine caused by the increased shaking. I appreciate your thoughts.

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

I’m thinking of purchasing a Shaker Motor Kit to upgrade my Pro. Is the effect worth it? Should I worry about increased wear and tear on the machine caused by the increased shaking. I appreciate your thoughts.

Shaker is great. I have shakers in seven of my pins including LZ. They can take it!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3567 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still got this game on wishlist.
What was the special wizard 'thing' that was talked about when the game came out?
Thanks

There really isn't a "thing". It's Celebration Day with some excellent animations and light shows but not any new songs as some had guessed.

You will love this game! Premium or LE is the way to go. If you get the pro, the Expression Light kit is a must.

#3568 3 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

The shaker is integrated very well in zeppelin, I've put them in every stern I've ever owned, never had 1 problem. Adds so much to the game, easy install too. Go for it!!

#3569 3 years ago

Anyone adjust the center ramp? A good shot to it airballs, smacks the backboard and comes back.

Also find some solid shots to the side ramp rattle around and fall out.

#3570 3 years ago

My new high score

PXL_20210409_201513881.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210409_201513881.MP (resized).jpg
#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just wanted to thank Theguyoverthere for making my initials JCW the default Spinner Champ. So guys, until you beat it, I'm on all your games.
Funny thing is I didn't even know it until Ray mentioned it in a Twitch chat.

That is AWESOME that RAY did that!

#3572 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Anyone adjust the center ramp? A good shot to it airballs, smacks the backboard and comes back.
Also find some solid shots to the side ramp rattle around and fall out.

Make sure the ball up the center isn't launching off the electric magic mech. I was getting air balls before leveling EM to the playfield.

#3573 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Make sure the ball up the center isn't launching off the electric magic mech. I was getting air balls before leveling EM to the playfield.

No, specifically airballing on the ramp.

#3574 3 years ago

This thread needs a topic index. I need to adjust my spinner and I know its buried somewhere in here.

#3575 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

This thread needs a topic index. I need to adjust my spinner and I know its buried somewhere in here.

I've tried to keep key posts added, moderators are ignoring my asks.

#3576 3 years ago

Pull the spinner out and adjust arms to straight up, straight out positions. Put a small amount of oil on each side, should be good to go. Also, install latest code if you haven't. Helps spinner issue a bunch by not having it active so often. Posts 1279 and 1322 have great descriptions.

#3577 3 years ago

When do we get the topper?

#3578 3 years ago
Quoted from domrod:

My new high score
[quoted image]

How is that even possible?! Can you explain to us mere mortals how you can get such a high score... assuming your game didn't last 48 hours!

In fact, anyone else with tips for getting the 1B+ scores?

#3579 3 years ago
Quoted from luckyjonah:

1. Raise multipliers to silly
2. Raise them to even more silly
3. Song shots & jackpots!

#3580 3 years ago
Quoted from luckyjonah:

How is that even possible?! Can you explain to us mere mortals how you can get such a high score... assuming your game didn't last 48 hours!

Try to choose the easiest path to the World Tour wizard mode. I go in the order of 20 pop bumpers, then 70 spins and 9 led zep targets, then 3 centre ramps, 5 orbits and 5 ejects and then finally 6 ramps, 100 switches, complete all target banks and a 4 way combo.

When you don't have a tour objective running make this the priority so that you're doing 2 things at once when going for the song shots.

Make the first song you play Communication Breakdown as this mode makes it easy to get into Zeppelin Multiball which then helps to complete the 20 pop bumpers mode easily as you can park balls in the bumpers. After this play the song modes in order so whole lotta love next and ending with Good Times Bad Times.

Try to time your icarus multiplier correctly (usually in guitar solos were you can keep shooting the middle ramp over and over, it also works in the verses in Kashmir too). If you watch raydays streams on Twitch he shows how to play the Kashmir mode correctly but it's basically shooting the shots in the verses so that it lines the song shot mode up to the middle ramp.

Get decent at multiball by trapping balls on the right flipper and using one on the left. You can keep multiballs going a long time doing it this way.

Learning how to shoot the middle ramp and the left ramp on a loop helps as that shot sequence comes up a lot throughout the game in the song modes and multiballs.

Getting to the ? Wizard Mode with celebration day victory points along with the icarus multiplier is when your points shoot up.

To get 1 billion plus... you'll be on about 2-3 billion if you get to Top of the Charts so try to make that the aim.

Hope this helps.

#3581 3 years ago

Dumb question but is the lock bar button supposed to light up?

I honestly can’t remember because it isn’t used much but since the 1.0 update on my machine I did notice when my kids were playing the other day it was never lit.

#3582 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Dumb question but is the lock bar button supposed to light up?
I honestly can’t remember because it isn’t used much but since the 1.0 update on my machine I did notice when my kids were playing the other day it was never lit.

Ya it should light when you select song or tour. And with new update it will light solid green to let you know a band boost is near and flashes when you can collect. Also goes to red for super boost

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3583 3 years ago

Lock bar lights white for auto plunge and blinks. Will not light with door open

#3584 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya it should light when you select song or tour. And with new update it will light solid green to let you know a band boost is a near and flashes when you can collect. Also goes to red for super boost

Quoted from wtatumjr:

Lock bar lights white for auto plunge and blinks. Will not light with door open

Not working for whatever reason even when in diagnostics all led test.

#3585 3 years ago

I'd say LZ has been the best game I've had from Stern as far as the early software and fast updates. Considering we are already to 1.0 and the quality of the last couple of releases, I look forward to what is to come. I only have about a half dozen games on 1.0, but the differences are noticeable. With the spinner now perfectly adjusted and protected by the software from getting whacked when the EM is moving, it really rips. The spinner now rips like a opto spinner should rip and the sound effects are amazing. There was a while that I was concerned about the design of the EM and maybe having to adjust the spinner often, but the new software has made me a believer that there is nothing wrong with the hardware design. The EM is truly awesome. Now I just need to get these cool rules together in my head, so I can regain the GC score on my machine.

#3586 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'd say LZ has been the best game I've had from Stern as far as the early software and fast updates. Considering we are already to 1.0 and the quality of the last couple of releases, I look forward to what is to come. I only have about a half dozen games on 1.0, but the differences are noticeable. With the spinner now perfectly adjusted and protected by the software from getting whacked when the EM is moving, it really rips. The spinner now rips like a opto spinner should rip and the sound effects are amazing. There was a while that I was concerned about the design of the EM and maybe having to adjust the spinner often, but the new software has made me a believer that there is nothing wrong with the hardware design. The EM is truly awesome. Now I just need to get these cool rules together in my head, so I can regain the GC score on my machine.

Agree with ya on the spinner. Just wonder why it wasn't coded like this in the beginning. Seems so obvious. I did put up a 130 million spinner score, which is good for a hack like me . Sticker looks great John, lookin forward for a met ehoh and gotg!
20210412_083002 (resized).jpg20210412_083002 (resized).jpg

#3587 3 years ago

I did finally hear some flipper talk last night, nothing great but at least that's in there now too.

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not working for whatever reason even when in diagnostics all led test.

Make sure this plug is snug, center of photo. Pull out white kill switch door actuates to test. Plug is on left cabinet side near coin box.

PXL_20210412_162849064 (resized).jpgPXL_20210412_162849064 (resized).jpg
#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I did finally hear some flipper talk last night, nothing great but at least that's in there now too.

I think they just used some of the same quotes from British guy on game start. I’ve heard 2-3 quotes but nothing that wasn’t used somewhere else.

#3590 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Make sure this plug is snug, center of photo. Pull out white kill switch door actuates to test. Plug is on left cabinet side near coin box.[quoted image]

Thanks! This fixed it, don’t think it ever worked and just noticed.

#3591 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pull the spinner out and adjust arms to straight up, straight out positions. Put a small amount of oil on each side, should be good to go. Also, install latest code if you haven't. Helps spinner issue a bunch by not having it active so often. Posts 1279 and 1322 have great descriptions.

Awesome! Spinner now adjusted and acting like a champ.

#3592 3 years ago

Another LE (#214) in the UK. I'm (in my time of) dying to add some mods, but the cost for having them shipped from the US leaves me Dazed And Confused. I'm heading over The Ocean later in the year, so I'll get a few then and save the shipping. The lit-lantern hermit is a must. I'll definitely Bring It On Home.

I did a little 3D print of the Object as a trial. It's OK but needs resizing/repostioning and/or in a better colour to make it stand out. Perhaps it should be more In The Light? It's not very good yet, but that is Nobody's Fault But Mine.

I have a very decent (Boston) subwoofer kicking about in my attic which I am determined to fit. Not sure what is the best way to connect it, but I'll have a play around.

More than anything though, what a machine. Thank You Stern, it has All Of My Love. I had VERY low expectations of a crappy branded game. But it isn't. It really, really isn't. It's awesome and has instantly replaced my other three machines as my favourite. That's The Way it should be. How Many More Times will I play it?

PXL_20210401_085548725 (resized).jpgPXL_20210401_085548725 (resized).jpg
IMG-20210401-WA0004 (resized).jpegIMG-20210401-WA0004 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210401_083420642 (1) (resized).jpgPXL_20210401_083420642 (1) (resized).jpg
PXL_20210412_145625250 (resized).jpgPXL_20210412_145625250 (resized).jpg

#3593 3 years ago

Well after a long wait, This should be my week! Was told my LZ premium should be delivered mid April. Can’t wait to get the call from GAP. Being my first pin, I’m very excited to say the least! Now justWaiting for that phone to ring...

#3594 3 years ago
Quoted from rb14:

Another LE (#214) in the UK. I'm (in my time of) dying to add some mods, but the cost for having them shipped from the US leaves me Dazed And Confused. I'm heading over The Ocean later in the year, so I'll get a few then and save the shipping. The lit-lantern hermit is a must. I'll definitely Bring It On Home.
I did a little 3D print of the Object as a trial. It's OK but needs resizing/repostioning and/or in a better colour to make it stand out. Perhaps it should be more In The Light? It's not very good yet, but that is Nobody's Fault But Mine.
I have a very decent (Boston) subwoofer kicking about in my attic which I am determined to fit. Not sure what is the best way to connect it, but I'll have a play around.
More than anything though, what a machine. Thank You Stern, it has All Of My Love. I had VERY low expectations of a crappy branded game. But it isn't. It really, really isn't. It's awesome and has instantly replaced my other three machines as my favourite. That's The Way it should be. How Many More Times will I play it?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great post. To celebrate, In The Evening you should eat a Hot Dog!

#3595 3 years ago

Quoted from Psw757:

I think they just used some of the same quotes from British guy on game start. I’ve heard 2-3 quotes but nothing that wasn’t used somewhere else.

Yup, kinda lame so far , but just noticed it last nite while I was working on Kiss and my butt hit the flipper on lz haha. Hope they add some better stuff soon.

#3596 3 years ago

Never new about the action button scoring etc.. since mine wasn’t lighting up.

Action Button Scoring Champion?

They need to rename it the Bonzo Banger Bash Button Champ and give some Bonzo drum fills every time it’s hit! Some of his Gong too.

#3597 3 years ago

I'd love for someone to simplify action button scoring....for some reason I just can't get the hang of it.

#3598 3 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Well after a long wait, This should be my week! Was told my LZ premium should be delivered mid April. Can’t wait to get the call from GAP. Being my first pin, I’m very excited to say the least! Now justWaiting for that phone to ring...

I know the anticipation well mine went from connecticut to california last wagon train out.This game is a keeper

#3599 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I know the anticipation well mine went from connecticut to california last wagon train out.This game is a keeper

Imagine where It will be with 3 or 4 more code updates!

#3600 3 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I'd love for someone to simplify action button scoring....for some reason I just can't get the hang of it.

In a nutshell:
If it's green and flashing and you are in single ball play, hit it to score points.
If it's red and flashing and you are in single ball play, hit it to score even more points.
If it's green and flashing and you are in Multiball, hit it to work towards an add-a-ball.
If it's red and flashing and you are in Multiball, hit it for an instant add-a-ball.

Now for some finer points:
How many Band Boosts you currently have is in instant info on the 2nd screen.
Once you get five, you must use some to be able to earn any more.
Three or more enables the Red button(Super Band).
If it's not flashing, you can't use it.
Easiest way to build the button is to get 5 gold records in a song, then shoot the top eject and change the song. This nets 3 button uses.

Best use of the red button in single ball play: Work up a huge combo late in the game and when you miss the next combo shot, smash that button!
Best use of the red button in MB: Save it until you drain down to one ball and quickly smash that button to resurrect MB!
The button also helps tremendously in building up your Icarus X. Before, my best was 19.2 X. Now it is 29X.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/72?hl=number_runner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.