IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,600 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 192.
#3451 3 years ago

Is there any example of what this looks like and how to adjust it?

Quoted from Charger68:

there is a upper limit adjustment on the bottom of the mech. the actual motor is on a plate that can be adjusted.

#3452 3 years ago

There are numerous adjustments on the EM mech. You can adjust the upper limit, the lower limit, and you can adjust the height of the plastic top by tightening/loosening the screws on the top.

Just be careful. When you adjust one, you will likely have to adjust the others because they are all related to each other.

#3453 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I 've had great luck with sticking it back the bending the very end about 45 degrees. No more problems.
On a different matter, I decreased my ball launch power to pretty much make the skill shot every time- 'hits the "D" in LED. If you are a disgusting cheater like me you might want to try it. Only problem is if you get 2 balls in the launch lane at one time there's not enough power to auto launch

Thanks for this info --- how do you decrease ball launch power?

#3454 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Is there any example of what this looks like and how to adjust it?

I launched that game over the EM mech. Pm me a pic of the underside and ill show you.

#3455 3 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

Thanks for this info --- how do you decrease ball launch power?

Go to adjustments/feature adjustments/adj.#2

I have mine on 190.

#3456 3 years ago

Any of you easy coast guys get their topper yet? Distributor here hoping early to mid April

#3457 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Any of you easy coast guys get their topper yet? Distributor here hoping early to mid April

Nope. Looks like my STh topper is imminent. Then I can think about LZ next month.

#3458 3 years ago

Anyone with a pro get their Expression Lighting system yet? The distributor said they wouldn’t be out until March, but April is upon us. Ordered mine February 2nd. Hopefully soon.

Can’t wait to see the light show. I already love the game and I am guessing the Expression Lighting takes it to a new level. You guys with LEs and Premiums already know it, but I’m trying to wait patiently.

#3459 3 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

Anyone with a pro get their Expression Lighting system yet? The distributor said they wouldn’t be out until March, but April is upon us. Ordered mine February 2nd. Hopefully soon.
Can’t wait to see the light show. I already love the game and I am guessing the Expression Lighting takes it to a new level. You guys with LEs and Premiums already know it, but I’m trying to wait patiently.

The lights are incredible.. latest code let's you change them to your taste , but I haven't tried yet. Can't imagine how I would improve on how they work. Has anyone messed with theirs yet?

#3460 3 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

Can’t wait to see the light show. I already love the game and I am guessing the Expression Lighting takes it to a new level.

Hope it's soon for you too. I haven't played a pro, but they're so much a part of the experience that it's hard for me to imagine this game without the Expression lights. I hope and expect you'll think they were well worth the wait.

#3461 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Anybody know where I can get a Zeppelin key chain like one of these?
[quoted image]

you can buy the blanks and make your own

#3462 3 years ago

I got my Pinwoofer up a running and want to give my opinion over the powered sub I've had since LZ was new. Dan at Pinwoofer was very nice to correct a problem I had, no fault of his own, and I appreciate his effort-a nice guy to work with that cares about his business.
A powered sub alone is really a necessity for this pin. I'd say it gets you about 65 percent there. It will cost about $130 or so with a Pinnovator's splitter and an inexpensive sub. Well worth the investment.
If you want the extra 35 percent, and it's worth it to me, go with the Pinwoofer. It adds a very crisp sound...better sound in my opinion. As the guys at SDTM said, it's much like having an equalizer to customize the sound as you like.
I'm pleased with the Pinwoofer.

#3463 3 years ago

Anyone change color post rubber on the EM? What color? How was the thickness? Any pics?

#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Anyone change color post rubber on the EM? What color? How was the thickness? Any pics?

I did the Titan light blue rubber set on the whole game. Looks great on the LE. Not sure it would look good on anything else.

Oh...and the thickness is fine.

#3465 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I did the Titan light blue rubber set on the whole game. Looks great on the LE. Not sure it would look good on anything else.

You have good clearance? I put some purple ones on and it just barely cleared, so I took em off. Probably would of been fine tho,,

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You have good clearance? I put some purple ones on and it just barely cleared, so I took em off. Probably would of been fine tho,,

No issues whatsoever. Of course, I only put them on the bottom level. You need firm plastic spacers up top. Also, you have to be careful when screwing the top back on to keep it level with the playfield since overtightening will smoosh the post sleeves down.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3467 3 years ago

Had some guest over this last weekend and after the nights end I always ask-what games did you enjoy the most?

This week they replied: Star Wars LE, Total Nuclear Annihilation, and of course Led Zeppelin LE

TNA always makes the top 3 of favorites so it will be interesting to see if Led Zeppelin LE does as well going forward.

#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No issues whatsoever. Of course, I only put them on the bottom level. You need firm plastic spacers up top. Also, you have to be careful when screwing the top back on to keep it level with the playfield since overtightening will smoosh the post sleeves down.

I put titan clear on the slings , let's light thru , looks pretty good. Ill be ordering some blue to try

#3469 3 years ago

For those of you with the stock LE speakers I found a great balance(the sweet spot) for sound and it sounds extremely well and I thought I would share my settings:
(Also note a sub is a must-recommend a 12" Klipsch or 10" Polk)

Under adjustments LED game settings change:
Music Attenuation to -20
Speech Attenuation to 33

Then under utilities under volume change:
Fade to 3

Equalizers towards high end

For 12" Klipsch sub(positioned 12" from front) change:
Gain 5
Low-pass 60Hz

Master volume 38

#3470 3 years ago

Game #702. A game which will live in infamy...

It was epic. I made it to Top of the Charts and ? for the first time ever. Two EM MB, Two EM Frenzys. Got the 4th(or 5th?) extra ball from the Zep Ramp shots - I had twelve total. When I came out of Top of the Charts, I had exactly 3 songs left that weren't platinum yet, with two balls left. Man, those last two balls were intense trying for platinum on the remaining songs. When I got to ? I was losing it. The animations and video footage at the beginning of it are incredible. I scored 257M from the mode, so not a huge percentage of my overall score. Just crazy and I may never touch this score again for a long, long time.

20210330_190158 (resized).jpg20210330_190158 (resized).jpg
#3471 3 years ago

A great pin just keeps getting better.

#3472 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Game #702. A game which will live in infamy...
It was epic. I made it to Top of the Charts and ? for the first time ever. Two EM MB, Two EM Frenzys. Got the 4th(or 5th?) extra ball from the Zep Ramp shots - I had twelve total. When I came out of Top of the Charts, I had exactly 3 songs left that weren't platinum yet, with two balls left. Man, those last two balls were intense trying for platinum on the remaining songs. When I got to ? I was losing it. The animations and video footage at the beginning of it are incredible. I scored 257M from the mode, so not a huge percentage of my overall score. Just crazy and I may never touch this score again for a long, long time.

.[quoted image]

You're a horrible human being. You did this just because I finally posted a high score I was proud of, didn't you?

#3473 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're a horrible human being. You did this just because I finally posted a high score I was proud of, didn't you?

Beelz, small consolation. You're still higher than my best

#3474 3 years ago

Led Zep has landed in England!

IMG_7867 (resized).JPGIMG_7867 (resized).JPG

I have a couple of issues/queries, but I'll stick those in a separate post to make it easier to reply...

#3475 3 years ago

So I just received and set up my LZ Prem (my first ever Stern).... I have some issues/queries:

1. I wasn't sure if there was a problem with LHS plastic #32 which looked loose... then it came flying off complete with posts half way through a game:

IMG_7869-medium (resized).JPGIMG_7869-medium (resized).JPG

I lifted the playfield and could hear what I assume are screws moving inside but they won't drop out and I can't see them. Also that plastic looks impossible to fix in place even if I found the screws?

2. Is it normal that the EM remains up at the end of a game, even when the machine is turned off? I've had one completely new game start with it left up (it then lowered after ball launch)... I made sure I installed v0.98 before playing it (spinner/EM seems to play fine).

3. The connector for the power cable looks half-melted/welded onto the backbox.. is this normal for Stern machines?

IMG_7876-medium (resized).JPGIMG_7876-medium (resized).JPG

EDIT: Turns out it was glue Scraped off quite easily, it blended so perfectly with the black plastic it looked melted

4. I've already had 3 or 4 airballs including a hefty one into the top glass... I can't identify the cause yet, it's not the EM, seems to be something on the LHS? Anyone else identified an issue with this? (These were really rare on my Williams/Bally machines?)

5. The back panel with the song list is bowed in the middle... is this "normal"?

IMG_7874 (resized).JPGIMG_7874 (resized).JPG

#3476 3 years ago

The EM remains up or rises after the end of the game.
Check EM is level with playfield for air balls, I almost never
get air balls with LZ.
I'm not sure about the plastic but normally the 2 hex adaptors will need to be removed from the plastic, attach hex adaptors to playfield using long screws coming up thru playfield, tighten, then add plastic, attach to top of hex adaptors with 2 short screws.

#3477 3 years ago

Hello guys,
I consider buying a NIB LZ Pro.
Are there known things/issues to check out before starting the first game?

#3478 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hello guys,
I consider buying a NIB LZ Pro.
Are there known things/issues to check out before starting the first game?

nope, mine was perfect out of the box. not a single adjustment needed. it's a fairly simple game, no complicated mechs.

#3479 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

nope, mine was perfect out of the box. not a single adjustment needed. it's a fairly simple game, no complicated mechs.

But very fun to play!

#3480 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

But very fun to play!

sure is. I have yet to try an LE or premium, but thinking I may want to trade up if I can sell my pro.

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from luckyjonah:

So I just received and set up my LZ Prem (my first ever Stern).... I have some issues/queries:
1. I wasn't sure if there was a problem with LHS plastic #32 which looked loose... then it came flying off complete with posts half way through a game:
[quoted image]
I lifted the playfield and could hear what I assume are screws moving inside but they won't drop out and I can't see them. Also that plastic looks impossible to fix in place even if I found the screws?
2. Is it normal that the EM remains up at the end of a game, even when the machine is turned off? I've had one completely new game start with it left up (it then lowered after ball launch)... I made sure I installed v0.98 before playing it (spinner/EM seems to play fine).
3. The connector for the power cable looks half-melted/welded onto the backbox.. is this normal for Stern machines?
[quoted image]
EDIT: Turns out it was glue Scraped off quite easily, it blended so perfectly with the black plastic it looked melted
4. I've already had 3 or 4 airballs including a hefty one into the top glass... I can't identify the cause yet, it's not the EM, seems to be something on the LHS? Anyone else identified an issue with this? (These were really rare on my Williams/Bally machines?)
5. The back panel with the song list is bowed in the middle... is this "normal"?
[quoted image]

#4 I was getting some airballs from the slingshots. I turned down the coils for the slings to around 15 or 16 I think.
#5 I have that slightly, but on the left art blade. It doesn't bother me enough to try to do anything about it.

#3482 3 years ago

Number 129 Limited Edition has arrived in England. I've been playing it for 8 hours or so and it's one of the best pinballs I've ever played.

The code especially makes this game (especially the Icarus multiplier).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3483 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

For those of you with the stock LE speakers I found a great balance(the sweet spot) for sound and it sounds extremely well and I thought I would share my settings:
(Also note a sub is a must-recommend a 12" Klipsch or 10" Polk)
Under adjustments LED game settings change:
Music Attenuation to -20
Speech Attenuation to 33
Then under utilities under volume change:
Fade to 3
Equalizers towards high end
For 12" Klipsch sub(positioned 12" from front) change:
Gain 5
Low-pass 60Hz
Master volume 38

Thanks for sharing this! I just got a 12” Klipsch sub 2 days ago and this will help me dial in. I have a pro but should be similar settings.

#3484 3 years ago

*COSTCO ALERT*

Hey for those who may have missed out on the first Costco sale on the Klipsch R-12SW Subwoofer-they are running another sale good through April 4th and instead of $80 off they are $100 off for a smoking price of $149.00!

Get a sub while they are HOT!-it rocks for ZEP!
Klipsch sub (resized).jpgKlipsch sub (resized).jpg

Also pic of adapter I used

Speaker wire to RCA adapter (resized).jpgSpeaker wire to RCA adapter (resized).jpg
#3485 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

*COSTCO ALERT*
Hey for those who may have missed out on the first Costco sale on the Klipsch R-12SW Subwoofer-they are running another sale good through April 4th and instead of $80 off they are $100 off for a smoking price of $149.00!
Get a sub while they are HOT!-it rocks for ZEP! [quoted image]

While the polks are more than adequate, these are a pretty big upgrade. Thx for the alert, you cost me $300 last time haha.

#3486 3 years ago
Quoted from luckyjonah:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

After updating latest code my premium also has issues with EM, it often stays up after game over and will sometimes stay up in the next game. Inconsistent.

#3487 3 years ago

Beat this..... BALL ONE

IMG_6892 (resized).jpgIMG_6892 (resized).jpg
#3488 3 years ago
Quoted from Redrider:

Beat this..... BALL ONE
[quoted image]

Damn man...that is incredible!! Now what? Sell the machine?

#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from Redrider:

Beat this..... BALL ONE
[quoted image]

Was the glass on? LOL

WOW

#3491 3 years ago

Can anybody tell me what direction they went with on the code? Is it a mode based game or jackpot like GnR? Ive watched a few videos but would like to hear what you guys think of code. The game looks fun to me but code makes or breaks any game for me. Im a mode playing through a story line code kind of guy.

#3492 3 years ago
Quoted from Redrider:

After updating latest code my premium also has issues with EM, it often stays up after game over and will sometimes stay up in the next game. Inconsistent.

Go into switch test and see if switch 70 is working. Then check molex connector associated with switch

#3493 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Can anybody tell me what direction they went with on the code? Is it a mode based game or jackpot like GnR? Ive watched a few videos but would like to hear what you guys think of code. The game looks fun to me but code makes or breaks any game for me. Im a mode playing through a story line code kind of guy.

Well there's no story line. It's very flowy, combo-friendly game. Keep hitting lit shots to collect gold records in whatever song you're playing. After 5 gold records on a song, you can change the song if you'd like or play for more records. 10 is platinum. All of the songs have different shot patterns.

Then there's the main Zeppelin multiball from the left ramp. And there are 4 tour multiballs, getting progressively harder to enable. All of these stack with the song you are playing so you keep progressing on the song during multiballs - helpful for the hard songs like The Song Remains the Same. Throw in the Electric Magic rising spinner modes (multiball and frenzy), 2 mini wizards modes and the main wizard mode and there is plenty going on. AND, the all-important playfield x which has some unique rules (combos when qualifying it add to the value, more Icarus hits raises the value when in it, side ramp extends timer).

The primary theme though is playing through the songs and collecting the songs shots. So pretty straight forward with mostly flow, lots of combos, lots of back-handable shots.

#3494 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Well there's no story line. It's very flowy, combo-friendly game. Keep hitting lit shots to collect gold records in whatever song you're playing. After 5 gold records on a song, you can change the song if you'd like or play for more records. 10 is platinum. All of the songs have different shot patterns.
Then there's the main Zeppelin multiball from the left ramp. And there are 4 tour multiballs, getting progressively harder to enable. All of these stack with the song you are playing so you keep progressing on the song during multiballs - helpful for the hard songs like The Song Remains the Same. Throw in the Electric Magic rising spinner modes (multiball and frenzy), 2 mini wizards modes and the main wizard mode and there is plenty going on. AND, the all-important playfield x which has some unique rules (combos when qualifying it add to the value, more Icarus hits raises the value when in it, side ramp extends timer).
The primary theme though is playing through the songs and collecting the songs shots. So pretty straight forward with mostly flow, lots of combos, lots of back-handable shots.

And amazing music and sound effects!! Great overall game .

#3495 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And amazing music and sound effects!! Great overall game .

Im just trying to make sure its not coded like GnR and more like a Stern type code where you actually feel like your progressing through the game more then just playing songs to build jackpots. Really sounds like a well coded game and the premium Deadflip streamed makes it look fast and fun which is exactly what i like. Thanks fellas!

#3496 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Was the glass on? LOL
WOW

glass was on!

#3497 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Im just trying to make sure its not coded like GnR and more like a Stern type code where you actually feel like your progressing through the game more then just playing songs to build jackpots. Really sounds like a well coded game and the premium Deadflip streamed makes it look fast and fun which is exactly what i like. Thanks fellas!

I own both and have them side by side and they are completely different games. I don't care much for how GNR shoots and the plunger lane is a design flaw in my opinion. I say this because, as you know, there are very very long ball saves on all of the song modes. The plunger drops balls into the lower middle playfield, and collisions send many straight to the outlanes only to be re-plunged and continue the flail, hoping you can build the song values (with very mysterious rules about how to do this - yes, hit the lit shots and collect the band members but it's very unbalanced from song to song). Then collect band members again and start another song. Theme integration is great, and the same goes for the lights and art. The rules are a one-trick pony though as they stand now.

As a shooter, LZ is much different (better imo). Snappy flippers of course, and a great playfield layout. Great songs and a good light show too (though not up to GNRs level). The rules are on the simple side and maybe a touch uninspired, but with some unique touches like the playfield x rules, and the qualifying tour mode rules. Still, a lot of fun to shoot and jam to the tunes. I dig it. I have the premium. Oh, and like GNR, it can play a little long.

#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Lastly, there is a game progression: you try to advance through all the songs, one at a time. Once up to 5 records, you can hit the top scoop and move to another song. So, you try to play for all 10 tunes to get the Top of the Charts mini-wiz mode, which is a lot like Sea of Simulation on TRON where you re-visit each song to collect enough additional records to advance each to platinum.

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I own both and have them side by side and they are completely different games. I don't care much for how GNR shoots and the plunger lane is a design flaw in my opinion. I say this because, as you know, there are very very long ball saves on all of the song modes. The plunger drops balls into the lower middle playfield, and collisions send many straight to the outlanes only to be re-plunged and continue the flail, hoping you can build the song values (with very mysterious rules about how to do this - yes, hit the lit shots and collect the band members but it's very unbalanced from song to song). Then collect band members again and start another song. Theme integration is great, and the same goes for the lights and art. The rules are a one-trick pony though as they stand now.
As a shooter, LZ is much different (better imo). Snappy flippers of course, and a great playfield layout. Great songs and a good light show too (though not up to GNRs level). The rules are on the simple side and maybe a touch uninspired, but with some unique touches like the playfield x rules, and the qualifying tour mode rules. Still, a lot of fun to shoot and jam to the tunes. I dig it. I have the premium. Oh, and like GNR, it can play a little long.

Quoted from DrJoe:

Lastly, there is a game progression: you try to advance through all the songs, one at a time. Once up to 5 records, you can hit the top scoop and move to another song. So, you try to play for all 10 tunes to get the Top of the Charts mini-wiz mode, which is a lot like Sea of Simulation on TRON where you re-visit each song to collect enough additional records to advance each to platinum.

Thank you so much this really helps! Im right there with you on GnR agree with everything you said! Without being able to go and play one somewhere with this pandemic crap ive been going through games buying unplayed and GnR just doesnt fit my likings, dont get me wrong i do enjoy jamming out to the songs and light show on it though. Since i see you have a IMDN also can I pick your brain one more time... Out of IMDN pre and LZ pre which would you choose?

#3500 3 years ago

Anyone know when the topped is coming?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,600 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 192.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/70?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.