IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 193.
#3401 3 years ago

One thing I DID do with Pinwoofer install is retain the quick disconnects from the old speakers and resolder piggyback to the new. If there's ever an amp problem you can easily switch back to old system speaker driver.

#3402 3 years ago

I've never heard of an amp or cpu problem with pinwoofer, pretty bulletproof set up. This game definitely screams for this.

#3403 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you use SpeakerLightKits.com, he has different plastic rings that let the light shine thru. The blue looks very good.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

You can do that with the LE but 'not sure about the premium.

Got it! That's where the disconnect was. Sorry guys!

#3404 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not sure why you guys would use the mounting rings at all. In talking to Dan, he was the one that told me the speakers drop right in. So that's what I did--I plopped them right on top of the blue Stern ring. Done.

Definitely need the mounting rings on the Pro because it comes with smaller stock speakers. 4" maybe?

#3405 3 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Definitely need the mounting rings on the Pro because it comes with smaller stock speakers. 4" maybe?

You can buy an adapter plate and install 5 1/4 " speakers. Well worth the upgrade

#3406 3 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Agree - at checkout you select your trim package.

- For Pro / Premium the rings supplied converts the two stud 4in mount to accept the 5.25in backbox speakers.
- If you have the LE (or have upgraded to the 5.25in speaker panels with the 5.25in studs), you select that option and get the spacer ring shown below.

Huge shout out to Hayfarmer for the supplied LZ LE photos below!

You can always PM me or add a note to your order and we'll ensure you get the correct mounts for your needs. We make it easy and are here to help!

5.25in LE Spacer (resized).jpg5.25in LE Spacer (resized).jpg
#3407 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Agree - at checkout you select your trim package.
- For Pro / Premium the rings supplied converts the two stud 4in mount to accept the 5.25in backbox speakers.
- If you have the LE (or have upgraded to the 5.25in speaker panels with the 5.25in studs), you select that option and get the spacer ring shown below.
Huge shout out to Hayfarmer for the supplied LZ LE photos below!
You can always PM me or add a note to your order and we'll ensure you get the correct mounts for your needs. We make it easy and are here to help!
[quoted image]

Yep! Mine arrived yesterday, for install tomorrow. Beautiful packaging job, Thanks!!

#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Beautiful packaging job, Thanks!!

Our sincere pleasure! As a reminder, below is the link to the installation video "How to Install the PinWoofer GT Spike Super Kit":

https://pinwoofer.com/videos/

#3409 3 years ago

Side armor is here!

20210326_172925 (resized).jpg20210326_172925 (resized).jpg
#3410 3 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Side armor is here!
[quoted image]

Does anyone sell a glow kit to put behind side rails?
Edit- got my rails delivered.

#3411 3 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Side armor is here!
[quoted image]

I only wish that the armor showing up means there might be a chance of getting toppers sometime soon.

#3412 3 years ago

Thank you I’ll check this

Quoted from Charger68:

there is a upper limit adjustment on the bottom of the mech. the actual motor is on a plate that can be adjusted.

#3413 3 years ago

Hey all, I had posted a few times previously reviewing the Pinwoofer system for Zep LE and had most recently done a direct comparison of the Pyle backbox speakers vs. the LE stock Kenwoods. Previous posts are: #1759 (Pinwoofer install first impression), #2155 (Suggested settings w/ Kenwoods), #2740 (Pyle vs. Kenwood showdown).

Below are my suggested settings for the Pinwoofer system with the Pyles. I highly recommend these vs. the Kenwoods (as detailed in the showdown post), so have been working on optimizing the sound with them. There are some slight tweaks vs. the settings I had suggested previously with the Kenwoods.

As I like to state (repeatedly), music (like art) is subjective – this is what I came up with that works for me.

PinWoofer Amp:

Bass Freg: 2:00 (clock position)
Bass Vol: 1:00
Backbox Vol: 1:00
Treble: 12:00
Volume: 3:00
Gain: 3:00

Game Settings:

Music Attenuation: -10
Speech Attenuation: +3

EQ (Backbox):

31Hz (+5), 62 Hz (+4), 125Hz (+3), 250Hz (+2), 500Hz (+1), 1kHz (0), 2kHz (0), 4 kHz (0), 8 kHz (0), 16 kHz (0)

EQ (Cabinet):

31Hz (+2), 62 Hz (+1), 125Hz (+1), 250Hz (+1), 500Hz (0), 1kHz (0), 2kHz (0), 4 kHz (0), 8 kHz (0), 16 kHz (0)

Game Volume:

Usable range probably 6 - 20. Sweet spot for very loud playing is 15-17 with 15 being a good overall rockin' volume. If you are getting playfield glass rattle, you can back off the Bass Volume on the Pinwoofer – that’s the quickest fix. Overall volume level, obviously, can also be backed off, but that isn’t as much fun.

Auxiliary Note: I finally fired up my AIQ Premium and JP Pro when my Zep was down to replace a busted rubber O-ring. Pinwoofer is a blessing and a curse – those other pins with stock sound, well, um….. kind of sound terrible to me now. Oh well. I have an Iron Maiden Premium coming in July timeframe – Pinwoofer will be going in, absolutely for sure.

#3414 3 years ago

Please excuse my ignorance on this topic... if you hold both flippers in you can select various game modes; it cycles between Normal Play, Competition (All Randomness removed?), DJ Mixer...and something else. Is there a reference anywhere that can provide details on the differences between these modes and objectives within each?

#3415 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Hey all, I had posted a few times previously reviewing the Pinwoofer system for Zep LE and had most recently done a direct comparison of the Pyle backbox speakers vs. the LE stock Kenwoods. Previous posts are: #1759 (Pinwoofer install first impression), #2155 (Suggested settings w/ Kenwoods), #2740 (Pyle vs. Kenwood showdown).
Below are my suggested settings for the Pinwoofer system with the Pyles. I highly recommend these vs. the Kenwoods (as detailed in the showdown post), so have been working on optimizing the sound with them. There are some slight tweaks vs. the settings I had suggested previously with the Kenwoods.
As I like to state (repeatedly), music (like art) is subjective – this is what I came up with that works for me.
PinWoofer Amp:
Game Settings:
EQ (Backbox):
31Hz (+5), 62 Hz (+4), 125Hz (+3), 250Hz (+2), 500Hz (+1), 1kHz (0), 2kHz (0), 4 kHz (0), 8 kHz (0), 16 kHz (0)
EQ (Cabinet):
31Hz (+2), 62 Hz (+1), 125Hz (+1), 250Hz (+1), 500Hz (0), 1kHz (0), 2kHz (0), 4 kHz (0), 8 kHz (0), 16 kHz (0)
Game Volume:
Usable range probably 6 - 20. Sweet spot for very loud playing is 15-17 with 15 being a good overall rockin' volume. If you are getting playfield glass rattle, you can back off the Bass Volume on the Pinwoofer – that’s the quickest fix. Overall volume level, obviously, can also be backed off, but that isn’t as much fun.
Auxiliary Note: I finally fired up my AIQ Premium and JP Pro when my Zep was down to replace a busted rubber O-ring. Pinwoofer is a blessing and a curse – those other pins with stock sound, well, um….. kind of sound terrible to me now. Oh well. I have an Iron Maiden Premium coming in July timeframe – Pinwoofer will be going in, absolutely for sure.

The best mod for zeppelin by far! I had the older pinwoofer in our maiden premium and it was amazing, cant even imagine how the new system will sound in there !

#3416 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

PinWoofer Amp:
Game Settings:
EQ (Backbox):
EQ (Cabinet):
Game Volume:

Very helpful, and timely as I plan to install today. I will dial in based on your settings and go from there. You will have saved me a lot of time and guesswork, not really knowing what I am doing. Thanks!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3417 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

PinWoofer Amp:
Game Settings:
EQ (Backbox):
EQ (Cabinet):
Game Volume:

It's worth noting that if you're using an external sub as well (such as the Klipsch from Costco a few of us have), it'll throw these numbers out of whack a bit in terms of balancing the frequencies.

#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Pinwoofer is a blessing and a curse – those other pins with stock sound, well, um….. kind of sound terrible to me now.

We're really sorry about the curse Greaseman - sort of

#3419 3 years ago

Up and running with Pinwoofer and could not be happier with the sound. Huge upgrade from the stock speakers, which were not bad, but....It's like the difference from Imax and standard sound at the movies.

Huge shout out to Dan from Pinwoofer who reached out proactively before I started my install to make sure I was all set, and see if I had any questions. Between the videos and instructions on line I felt like I had already done the install before I even started. Everything was very as described and very straight forward! Great product and company! Thanks to all who recommended them!

#3420 3 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Up and running with Pinwoofer and could not be happier with the sound. Huge upgrade from the stock speakers, which were not bad, but....It's like the difference from Imax and standard sound at the movies.
Huge shout out to Dan from Pinwoofer who reached out proactively before I started my install to make sure I was all set, and see if I had any questions. Between the videos and instructions on line I felt like I had already done the install before I even started. Everything was very as described and very straight forward! Great product and company! Thanks to all who recommended them!

Awesome to hear Mapalot - have fun!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-5-25in-spike-super-kit/

#3421 3 years ago

Wow they should have named the Twipy awards the fucking Guns n Roses award show!Damn maybe next year Zeppelin can sweep the awards!

#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wow they should have named the Twipy awards the fucking Guns n Roses award show!Damn maybe next year Zeppelin can sweep the awards!

...and then it lost in the gameplay and layout category, which is probably the most important part of any game. But you're right...it won all the blinky lights and molded toys awards, so I guess that's something. So, now, what are you doing posting in the LZ owner's thread? Two options: 1. You bought a Zep machine...congratulations! Or, 2. You're being a dick.

#3423 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and then it lost in the gameplay and layout category, which is probably the most important part of any game. But you're right...it won all the blinky lights and molded toys awards, so I guess that's something. So, now, what are you doing posting in the LZ owner's thread? Two options: 1. You bought a Zep machine...congratulations! Or, 2. You're being a dick.

No I just wanted to see if you would come out calling names and you did.lol Oh you forgot best theme intergration best artwork best call outs and they should’ve called it the JJP awards show!Good luck next year crybaby

#3424 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No I just wanted to see if you would come out calling names and you did.lol Oh you forgot best theme intergration best artwork best call outs and they should’ve called it the JJP awards show!Good luck next year crybaby

Dude, get a life. Seriously. Fucking cheerleader.

#3425 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Dude, get a life. Seriously. Fucking cheerleader.

Gone already!

#3426 3 years ago

Hilarious. Curious what personal insecurities you have that would bring you to this thread to post that ? Narcissism, I think

I’ve got GNR coming and can’t wait. But Zeppelin rocks.

#3427 3 years ago

Such a sad lonely person. Almost feel bad for him. But I don't

#3428 3 years ago

wtatumjr reminded me below what it looks like when you act like an adult. Thanks, buddy! Post deleted.

#3429 3 years ago

There's a place if you really love GNR. Sadly, this isn't it. Both just might be great games-doesn't have to be one or the other.

#3430 3 years ago

Thanks to Eddie at Stern for sending some warranty parts so quickly! My Zep is now looking and playing great.

#3431 3 years ago

Played a nice round on a pro yesterday and the updates and tour modes (spinner especially)- very enjoyable. A few questions for premium/LE owners as I haven’t played one:

-Did Stern fix the timing of the EM mech raising/lowering in code? I like the uninterrupted flow on pro.
-How often do you nail the third flipper ramp shot on premium/le? I hit the ramp once on the pro by pure luck. Not easy.

Thanks for input guys

#3432 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

There's a place if you really love GNR. Sadly, this isn't it. Both just might be great games-doesn't have to be one or the other.

Thanks to you, I changed my post above.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Played a nice round on a pro yesterday and the updates and tour modes (spinner especially)- very enjoyable. A couple questions for premium/LE owners as I haven’t played one:
-Did Stern fix the timing of the EM mech raising/lowering in code? I like the uninterrupted flow on pro.
-How often do you hit the third flipper ramp shot on premium/le?
I hit the middle ramp once on the pro by pure luck. Not easy.
Thanks for your input guys

The new code fixed the EM mech problems. It comes up when the ball is in a safe stationary spot.

I hit the crossover ramp quite a few times each game. The ball coming out of the shooter lane sometimes makes the ramp also.
I have made the middle ramp from the third flipper. Combo shots are fast and fun with this pin.

#3434 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Played a nice round on a pro yesterday and the updates and tour modes (spinner especially)- very enjoyable. A few questions for premium/LE owners as I haven’t played one:
-How often do you nail the third flipper ramp shot on premium/le? I hit the ramp once on the pro by pure luck. Not easy.
Thanks for input guys

I didn't care for the EM at first-it sort of interrupted game play. But with the latest update I now look forward to EM-especially EM frenzy! It's a real point getter and the Boom Boom sounds with a powered sub or Pinwoofer are neat.
As far as the third flipper, it comes in handy sometimes and I might make the ramp 2 out of 10 shots or so. I'm an average player.

#3435 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thanks for input guys

I have played both versions extensively. Like wtatumjr said, the EM spinner mech for me has gone from "avoid at all costs" to "man, this thing is awesome".

The side shot on the pro is definitely easier, just because the ball only has to travel a short way and hit a switch. On the prem/LE is has to be a perfect shot to have enough momentum to make the curve and u-turn ramp. On my premium, I probably make the side ramp about 3 or 4 times per game. My record is 8 and there is a separate High Score Table for that.

Speaking of u-turn ramps! PinMonk Are you making a flipper fan kit for LZ yet? I'm getting pretty noticeable fade on both flippers. After only 10-15 minutes of play I can no longer backhand the right ramp reliably. Even the right ramp from the left flipper becomes harder to make. After long gameplay, the surface of the playfield is actually warm to the touch in the right flipper coil area.

#3436 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I've yet to play gnr, will be soon , lookin forward to it. This guy Romulus just has an issue with LZ and Gary stern. Or maybe just desperately needs attention. If I like GNR much as LZ I'm sure it will find its way here soon. EM frenzy SJP sounds awesome!!!

#3437 3 years ago

The wire gate at the top of the ball launch really messed me up today... I had a good game going and the gate decided to dislodge and block any balls from exciting the shooter lane ... of course this happened just as multiball started up and I had 4 pinballs stuck in the lane, had to power-off mid-game. Pulling back the glass and realigning this gate is getting so old --- I ended up removing wire gate. I think the gate does have an impact on the balls entering the field as now that I have the gate removed, I see balls going SDTM directly from ball launch (see ball path on photo) -- is there an adjustment I can make to stop this from happening.

Ball Path (resized).JPGBall Path (resized).JPG
#3438 3 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

The wire gate at the top of the ball launch really messed me up today... I had a good game going and the gate decided to dislodge and block any balls from exciting the shooter lane ... of course this happened just as multiball started up and I had 4 pinballs stuck in the lane, had to power-off mid-game. Pulling back the glass and realigning this gate is getting so old --- I ended up removing wire gate. I think the gate does have an impact on the balls entering the field as now that I have the gate removed, I see balls going SDTM directly from ball launch (see ball path on photo) -- is there an adjustment I can make to stop this from happening.
[quoted image]

I 've had great luck with sticking it back the bending the very end about 45 degrees. No more problems.
On a different matter, I decreased my ball launch power to pretty much make the skill shot every time- 'hits the "D" in LED. If you are a disgusting cheater like me you might want to try it. Only problem is if you get 2 balls in the launch lane at one time there's not enough power to auto launch

#3439 3 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

[quoted image]

Adjust the top of shooter lane, I did awhile back and was getting 75% of auto launch to hit cross ramp. No extra points, but nice to have it return to right flip. Easy to do. Down to 50% now, but I kinda like it there

#3440 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've yet to play gnr, will be soon , lookin forward to it. This guy Romulus just has an issue with LZ and Gary stern. Or maybe just desperately needs attention. If I like GNR much as LZ I'm sure it will find its way here soon. EM frenzy SJP sounds awesome!!!

This is bullshit all these guys here were all over Pinside trying to degrade GnR and JJP because their the true fan boys.I don’t give a shit about attention!All these CS’s had to say was GnR was a fancy box of lights and the awards speak to the fact that it’s a great game.If you read the original post I was wishing you guys luck next year and then like children you went apeshit!

#3441 3 years ago

After this morning's stupidity, I felt the need to blow off some steam. Thanks, @romulusx!!!

20210328_135548 (resized).jpg20210328_135548 (resized).jpg
#3442 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:This is bullshit all these guys here were all over Pinside trying to degrade GnR and JJP because their the true fan boys.I don’t give a shit about attention!All these CS’s had to say was GnR was a fancy box of lights and the awards speak to the fact that it’s a great game.If you read the original post I was wishing you guys luck next year and then like children you went apeshit!

Well "their" you go again!

#3443 3 years ago

I have zepp LE and will still buy the GNR but the LZ thread is fun to read and enjoy.I was into the GNR thread in the beginning but i got tired of the negative remarks and the us or them thing.so I stopped reading it .I want to try all games if its good I will keep it.If you like a game personally as your favorite enjoy it.Rate it if you like.I dont even remember a grammar/punctuation police post here on LZ

#3444 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I have zepp LE and will still buy the GNR but the LZ thread is fun to read and enjoy.I was into the GNR thread in the beginning but i got tired of the negative remarks and the us or them thing.so I stopped reading it .I want to try all games if its good I will keep it.If you like a game personally as your favorite enjoy it.Rate it if you like.I dont even remember a grammar/punctuation police post here on LZ

James, you didn't capitalize your s on So.

#3445 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is bullshit all these guys here were all over Pinside trying to degrade GnR and JJP because their the true fan boys.I don’t give a shit about attention!All these CS’s had to say was GnR was a fancy box of lights and the awards speak to the fact that it’s a great game.If you read the original post I was wishing you guys luck next year and then like children you went apeshit!

Please stop acting like a six year old and go play with your box of lights. Playing pinball is way more fun than trolling Pinside.

#3446 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Please stop acting like a six year old and go play with your box of lights. Playing pinball is way more fun than trolling Pinside.

GOTY GnR

#3447 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I have played both versions extensively. Like wtatumjr said, the EM spinner mech for me has gone from "avoid at all costs" to "man, this thing is awesome".
The side shot on the pro is definitely easier, just because the ball only has to travel a short way and hit a switch. On the prem/LE is has to be a perfect shot to have enough momentum to make the curve and u-turn ramp. On my premium, I probably make the side ramp about 3 or 4 times per game. My record is 8 and there is a separate High Score Table for that.
Speaking of u-turn ramps! PinMonk Are you making a flipper fan kit for LZ yet? I'm getting pretty noticeable fade on both flippers. After only 10-15 minutes of play I can no longer backhand the right ramp reliably. Even the right ramp from the left flipper becomes harder to make. After long gameplay, the surface of the playfield is actually warm to the touch in the right flipper coil area.

The Spike kit will fit Led Zeppelin. According to test temps, LZ does have some fade but it is generally mild compared to something like Stranger Things, not reaching higher temps until it's been played for 90 minutes or more. LZ was tested for a little over 90 minutes and saw similar temps to Iron Maiden. Since electrical resistance/heat is a feedback-like relationship, if the pin is constantly played temps continue to go up, not down, I would expect that you would see severe column temps if it was rolled out to test for more than 2 hours (like Maiden on the chart seeing a jump in temps when going from 60 to 90 minutes), but that length of testing hasn't been done yet. If you're playing a long time, it may be what you're noticing.

The Spike kits should be back in the store this week.

Coil Testing Chart-2020-03_sml.jpgCoil Testing Chart-2020-03_sml.jpg

#3448 3 years ago

So you come to owners thread, where the unwritten rule is no trolling , proclaim 2020 the year of fu$#%ing gnr, then say you did it to call out beelz, sounds like a troll to me. And, I see no donation to pinside from you either.. Classy guy..

#3449 3 years ago

And you still haven't played it yet I suppose!

#3450 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

And you still haven't played it yet I suppose!

Nope I’ve played the shit out of this bad boy!You guys started this shit and I just came back to finish it!And now we’re done!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/69?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.