IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,616 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 193.
#3301 3 years ago

Just a quick review:

EM multiball: Meh.
EM Frenzy: Holy shit.

If you haven't gotten the second EM multiball yet (Frenzy), just shoot for it. You won't be disappointed. I didn't realize I was doing that the first time I did it...this time I paid attention, and it's spectacular.

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just a quick review:
If you haven't gotten the second EM multiball yet (Frenzy), just shoot for it. You won't be disappointed. I didn't realize I was doing that the first time I did it...this time I paid attention, and it's spectacular.

Yep, EM Frenzy is awesome.

#3303 3 years ago

About the shooter lane gate. I've been lucky that I haven't had any issues. But one thing I noticed. I had the glass off and was ejecting the ball through the service menu. Every time I ejected a ball I heard a "ting" like a bell ringing. What I discovered was when a ball shoots past the gate it knocks the gate up into the bottom of the wireform above! Every single time! Not a good design, but it works.

#3304 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just a quick review:

It's awesome! For me it totally changed my mind on the EM spinner. It went from something to avoid, to Man this is great!

Here's a scoring tip. During EM Frenzy, a ball in one eject doubles scoring, a ball in both ejects triples scoring. Add that with an Icarus X and boom, I managed to get an EM Frenzy Super worth 279M! Gonna be hard for me to beat that. Unfortunately, that's not stored in the HS table.

*Oh, I just remembered a bug. I will report to Stern. @theguyoverthere. After playing EM Frenzy and back down to one ball. For the rest of that ball I kept getting callouts and animations to shoot for the EM Frenzy Super Jackpot although the mode was over.* On .98 code.

#3305 3 years ago

I'm still waiting for my updates to get here today so I can finally load new code. Sucks having such bad internet, but country livin has its perks too I guess!

#3306 3 years ago

I'm still having the same problem I was before. When the EM captures a ball and descends, it doesn't shoot another ball into the trough. So the question is: Which switch is responsible for triggering another ball? I'm guessing it's a switch that tells the game that the EM has reached it's lowest (closed) point. Is that an opto or microswitch somewhere on the underside that's out of whack?

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm still waiting for my updates to get here today so I can finally load new code. Sucks having such bad internet, but country livin has its perks too I guess!

It does...just as long as you don't get gang-raped by a pack of grizzly bears.

#3308 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The clunky kick out is more or less normal, but it's not right. I played 2 different pros that both made the noise. When I got my premium it never did it. One day I moved my machine and it started doing it. I opened it up and inspected the mech and I could see signs of metal on metal contact. I took the mech apart and added a 7/16th white rubber ring right at the base of the plunger. The base is hollow and the ring fit right inside it. Noise gone! Recently I moved my machine again and guess what? Noise came back. Then after maybe a dozen games the noise was gone again.
Here is a drawing. It is from LOTR but similar enough. Add the ring and push it into the hollow base. It may not be a 100% fix, but it will help for sure.
[quoted image]

Mine was literally binding against the side rail preventing me from being able to lower the playfield. I had to bend the bracket about 1/8” to clear the rail. I had wondered why the coil bracket had white grease on it, then figured out it was binding. How that makes it through QC I have no idea.

#3309 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It does...just as long as you don't get gang-raped by a pack of grizzly bears.

Ummm, where the hell does that happen? we've had deer, elk, coyotes, wolverine, and 1 moose, but no bears here.

#3310 3 years ago

Did have this guy up at our weekend cabin last summer while we were eating lunch outside!

20200711_113739 (resized).jpg20200711_113739 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200711-174335_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200711-174335_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3311 3 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Yep. Same issue. I took it out, carefully bent it back to flat (except the small portion that holds it on its rack) , and replaced it. That worked for probably 300 plays but it happened again last night. I followed the same procedure and seems to be working again, not hanging up. I am trying to get a couple of spares because I expect that it will continue to happen and eventually break from the bending back into place.

Another follow up. What I did is reverse how the gate is installed. Seems to work better than just bending it back, although there was some bending involved too. Time will tell.

#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Thanks for the post!
Yes. I see the same behavior. It is most noticeable when going for the upper lock to change a song after achieving 5 gold records. I would imagine it would be a clear path to the lock but it definitely gets impeded at the diverter and doesn’t make it to the lock. Usually drops into the pops. You have any luck in determining a cause?

Haven't figured out the cause yet. I've looked at it several times and don't see an issue. I cleaned and waxed the area, ensured the gate mechanism is working freely, and sent a bunch of balls through by hand. All was good. First shot in normal play it hung up. I took video but couldn't see anything obvious. The ball guide looks slightly bent at the top, but I don't think the ball should ride that high. My latest theory is that some shots are getting a bit airborne and hitting the gate bracket. I don't know....frustrating.

#3313 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did have this guy up at our weekend cabin last summer while we were eating lunch outside!
[quoted image][quoted image]

DUDE! Is that a Sasquatch??? Sightings of that are through the roof in multiple locations lately. So much for the man-in-a-suit thing.

But back to Zeppelin. I still have to figure out that EM switch problem...if anyone has ideas, please let me know. Can't believe nobody else has experienced this.

#3314 3 years ago

On the same day 2 weeks ago we brought in GnR CE, AIQ LE, and LZ LE. Had a post vaccination, (mostly) socially distanced pinball party last night. The hands down favorite? LED ZEPPELIN

#3315 3 years ago

I found these 2 screws in the bottom of my cabinet LZ premium when I unboxed my game today. Does anybody know what they are for?

Thanks

20210320_173002 (resized).jpg20210320_173002 (resized).jpg
#3316 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

On the same day 2 weeks ago we brought in GnR CE, AIQ LE, and LZ LE. Had a post vaccination, (mostly) socially distanced pinball party last night. The hands down favorite? LED ZEPPELIN

How does aiq vs gnr rank?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3317 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I found these 2 screws in the bottom of my cabinet LZ premium when I unboxed my game today. Does anybody know what they are for?
Thanks
[quoted image]

I don't know offhand what they're for, but I can tell you as a guy who's bought a bunch of Sterns that I always have some spare hardware floating around at the bottom of the cabinet or box...and nothing's fallen apart yet. Keep them in your coin box and keep an eye out for anything that doesn't function right. They'll either belong there or they'll just be random screws that some mo-mo at the factory forgot to clean out of your game.

#3318 3 years ago

Those look like thumb screws to hold in coin mechs releases.

#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Thanks
[quoted image]

See above

#3320 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Thanks
[quoted image]

Those hold the coin mechs in. They're coin mech screws, should be 2 on each coin mech 1 on top 1 on bottom.

Phoebe

#3321 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Thanx. I’ll try to figure out who he is. Crystal lake is close. I’m in Oswego.

Thank you.

#3322 3 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Another follow up. What I did is reverse how the gate is installed. Seems to work better than just bending it back, although there was some bending involved too. Time will tell.

Thanks for the tip. I may test that out when it bends out of shape and hangs up again.

#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Haven't figured out the cause yet. I've looked at it several times and don't see an issue. I cleaned and waxed the area, ensured the gate mechanism is working freely, and sent a bunch of balls through by hand. All was good. First shot in normal play it hung up. I took video but couldn't see anything obvious. The ball guide looks slightly bent at the top, but I don't think the ball should ride that high. My latest theory is that some shots are getting a bit airborne and hitting the gate bracket. I don't know....frustrating.

Thanks for the info! It’s tricky because I can’t really see into the device without removing it which I don’t want to do. (And being a noob I don’t truly understand how it functions). I’m surprised no one else has seen the behavior. Still pretty playable though. Just makes it a little tougher.

#3324 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

AIQ ranked #2 among experienced players who could hit the combos--phenomenal layout--but the rules are too complex for most. GnR is of course stunning but somewhat "floaty" and it takes many newbie players 2-3 balls to assemble the band and start a song--whereas LZ is instant OCTANE

#3325 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

AIQ ranked #2 among experienced players who could hit the combos--phenomenal layout--but the rules are too complex for most. GnR is of course stunning but somewhat "floaty" and it takes many newbie players 2-3 balls to assemble the band and start a song--whereas LZ is instant OCTANE

I completely agree. Aiq is prob too deep for my limited abilities zepp is a good mix, very specific shots, but still very approachable

#3326 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I have no idea what animal I’m looking at and it’s driving me crazy. What is it?

#3327 3 years ago

Big black bear. Buddy saw him, estimated 400 lbs plus. Was about 25 yards away

#3328 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Big black bear. Buddy saw him, estimated 400 lbs plus. Was about 25 yards away

Nope. It's Bigfoot. Don't buzzkill my enthusiasm, man...

#3329 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. It's Bigfoot. Don't buzzkill my enthusiasm, man...

I was trying not to panic people

#3330 3 years ago

We had 6 different bears on the cameras last year, lake roosevelt, upper Columbia River. This was 2 yrs ago

Screenshot_20210320-200848_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210320-200848_Photos (resized).jpg
#3331 3 years ago

Not an owner, just here to brag. Played Zep for first time ever at Bavarian Inn Lodge at Frankenmuth Michigan on vacation and ended up with "grand champion" score . Yeah, the score is probably meh but still. Kickass machine I may own one day.

20210320_215344 (resized).jpg20210320_215344 (resized).jpg
#3332 3 years ago
A5B20CFC-14FA-40BA-BC17-3CFED2B26507 (resized).jpegA5B20CFC-14FA-40BA-BC17-3CFED2B26507 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3333 3 years ago

Never ending game
Daughter was playing tonight with freinds ,Not sure what mode was picked. Had 3 players and on ball 1 For player 3 the game would not end ,Just kept giving another ball every time it drained ? Heres pic before i just shut the game off

IMG_6314 (resized).JPGIMG_6314 (resized).JPGIMG_6315 (resized).JPGIMG_6315 (resized).JPGIMG_6316 (resized).JPGIMG_6316 (resized).JPG
#3334 3 years ago

Like sands through the hourglass as I continue to add to the creation of a masterpiece.
Coindropper's custom cards really tie in well with the art on the limited edition and make the apron really pop.
GEDC6464 (resized).JPGGEDC6464 (resized).JPG
LZ card 1 (resized).jpgLZ card 1 (resized).jpgLZ card 2 (resized).jpgLZ card 2 (resized).jpg

#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnsarcade:

Never ending game
Daughter was playing tonight with freinds ,Not sure what mode was picked. Had 3 players and on ball 1 For player 3 the game would not end ,Just kept giving another ball every time it drained ? Heres pic before i just shut the game off
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Could be a bug. Could be something more. That's a really good score regardless of how many free balls it gave out. Was this just a kid or a skilled player?(I know some kids are skilled players) lol.

Stuck switch maybe? Ball trough issue maybe? EB light out?

#3336 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Could be a bug. Could be something more. That's a really good score regardless of how many free balls it gave out. Was this just a kid or a skilled player?(I know some kids are skilled players) lol.

Not a skilled player ,Only pin i have ,That she is really interested in playing

#3337 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

What is EB light ?

#3338 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnsarcade:

What is EB light ?

Extra Ball light between the flippers.

#3339 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have both and prefer aiq. It also compliments LZ much better than gnr. In all honesty JJps quality control needs a serious overhaul. Whatever they are doing they need to improve on it. Great game but plagued with issues.

In a home environment aiq makes more sense and just takes a little bit of time to understand. Once the penny drops however its amazing to play.

#3340 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I have both and prefer aiq. It also compliments LZ much better than gnr. In all honesty JJps quality control needs a serious overhaul. Whatever they are doing they need to improve on it. Great game but plagued with issues.
In a home environment aiq makes more sense and just takes a little bit of time to understand. Once the penny drops however its amazing to play.

Ya. Seems like quality is an issue with gnr. I'd still consider, but need to play a bit and see if they get a handle on the problems. Beautiful pin tho, ,

#3341 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

They look like coin mech thumb screws.

#3342 3 years ago

John_I at space coast pinball made me a nice blueish purple diverter cover and sent some glass guards too. Such a simple inexpensive mod that looks great. Im a believer in the glass guards now , this happened to deadpool a few months ago.. Thanks John!!

20201229_122841 (resized).jpg20201229_122841 (resized).jpg20210322_155810 (resized).jpg20210322_155810 (resized).jpg20210322_160034 (resized).jpg20210322_160034 (resized).jpg

#3343 3 years ago

From an owner of both guns and zepp. Neither are ‘plagued by issues’ but both have required fixes to small issues.

#3344 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

John_I at space coast pinball made me a nice blueish purple diverter cover and sent some glass guards too. Such a simple inexpensive mod that looks great. Im a believer in the glass guards now , this happened to deadpool a few months ago.. Thanks John!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool that color does go well in the machine. I will have to update that store page to include that blue purple as a new color option. Also the guitar mount option if people want to use their own guitar as you did.

I finally have time to experiment with new places to mount a guitar that look good. I obviously have the deluxe guitar and amp in my own machine, but it would be nice to have the second guitar in the game somewhere so I can have both the single and double neck guitars in the game. I'm going to try above the upper flipper and/or maybe on one of the ramps.

20210302_220426 (resized).jpg20210302_220426 (resized).jpg
#3345 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Cool that color does go well in the machine. I will have to update that store page to include that blue purple as a new color option. Also the guitar mount option if people want to use their own guitar as you did.
I finally have time to experiment with new places to mount a guitar that look good. I obviously have the deluxe guitar and amp in my own machine, but it would be nice to have the second guitar in the game somewhere so I can have both the single and double neck guitars in the game. I'm going to try above the upper flipper and/or maybe on one of the ramps.[quoted image]

I would of gladly bought the guitars from you, but I found these 3 months before game was officially announced. I think the jpj bass looks good here, looks good when flasher is on.

20210323_081436 (resized).jpg20210323_081436 (resized).jpg

#3346 3 years ago

Just added the Mezel Mods Big Ben. Fills the empty corner nicely.

20210323_152419 (resized).jpg20210323_152419 (resized).jpg
#3347 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

From an owner of both guns and zepp. Neither are ‘plagued by issues’ but both have required fixes to small issues.

This is our cue to shrug and say "Welp, it's pinball," isn't it?

#3348 3 years ago

Before and after the Space Coast Pinball mod.

AA3522C2-A50C-4AF9-A80D-02799C0DC50B (resized).jpegAA3522C2-A50C-4AF9-A80D-02799C0DC50B (resized).jpeg
#3349 3 years ago

New spinner champ!

20210322_205839 (resized).jpg20210322_205839 (resized).jpg
#3350 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

New spinner champ!
[quoted image]

Yeah...so that's higher than most of my game scores and I hate you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,616 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.