IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 193.
#3201 3 years ago

Was playing around with some settings today - I highly highly recommend trying a negative value for the music attenuation setting (feature adjustment 51) which actually boosts the music. This game rocks, and it rocks *even more* with the music a bit louder! I landed on -13 as the perfect balance between the SFX, callouts and music. It is so much better now, it should be like this from the factory IMO. Give it a try!

#3202 3 years ago

Lowered my sling power down to 20 from 25, much more enjoyable play. Lowered my my shooter lane eject down to 200, much better. Don’t know why they come so strong from the factory.

#3203 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Did you try re-seating the connectors on the board? They tend to work loose and may have already been loose from shipping.

Yeah I checked a bunch of connectors, no luck.

#3204 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Lowered my sling power down to 20 from 25, much more enjoyable play. Lowered my my shooter lane eject down to 200, much better. Don’t know why they come so strong from the factory.

You really need to jack the back of your game up more. You won't notice it as much.

#3205 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You really need to jack the back of your game up more. You won't notice it as much.

I’m at 6.8-7

#3206 3 years ago

I'm down to 16 on the slings. I kept getting airballs to the outlane or shooter lane. At 16 I haven't had any. I also lowered the "upper eject power when gate is closed". When I had super pops the ball would go from eject, to gate, back to eject. Sometimes it would do it 2 or 3 times in a row.

#3207 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm down to 16 on the slings. I kept getting airballs to the outlane or shooter lane. At 16 I haven't had any. I also lowered the "upper eject power when gate is closed". When I had super pops the ball would go from eject, to gate, back to eject. Sometimes it would do it 2 or 3 times in a row.

I put a piece of foam on the gate to prevent that from happening. I’ll lower that coil power too.

#3208 3 years ago

Jack uploaded to YT his >3B game with the new code from earlier this week - a full hour of intense pinball goodness, wizard modes and all... mega friggin epic and such a fun game!

#3209 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know it sucks, but look on the bright side: Better now than when it's out of warranty.

How long is the warranty?

#3210 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How long is the warranty?

I know it's not too long, but it's gotta be longer than five minutes.

#3211 3 years ago

Anyone who has actually got to EM Frenzy, can you tell me how to start it? I've read the read me file but I still have never seen it. Thanks!

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Anyone who has actually got to EM Frenzy, can you tell me how to start it? I've read the read me file but I still have never seen it. Thanks!

It's on the second time the EM comes up, if you played the multiball on the first EM "mode". I think it's qualified with spins (like the mb), shots are then lit around the playfield. After so many, super jackpot is lit on the center spinner and jacks way up with the consecutive spins, showing the ever-increasing SJP value on the screen, collected when the spinner stops. Awesome! You can collect a couple before going back to the lit shots. Sorry this is a bit vague and maybe partially inaccurate as I'm watching the balls more than the screen/rules! But the SJP is great!

#3213 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Jack uploaded to YT his >3B game with the new code from earlier this week - a full hour of intense pinball goodness, wizard modes and all... mega friggin epic and such a fun game!

Apparently we were close to the “?” Wizard too according to Ray.

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

It's on the second time the EM comes up, if you played the multiball on the first EM "mode". I think it's qualified with spins (like the mb), shots are then lit around the playfield. After so many, super jackpot is lit on the center spinner and jacks way up with the consecutive spins, showing the ever-increasing SJP value on the screen, collected when the spinner stops. Awesome! You can collect a couple before going back to the lit shots. Sorry this is a bit vague and maybe partially inaccurate as I'm watching the balls more than the screen/rules! But the SJP is great!

Popped a 100 million SJP on EM frenzy (thank you playfield x).

#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Thanks for the description! Wow what a satisfying shot when you get there, it's epic - this SJP finally makes the electric magic worth it, so good!

Some more callouts around this mode would be good though, you're in a multi ball when you get there so it can be tough to look up at the screen. I think the insert maybe tells you the SJP is available but not positive. Anybody know?

#3216 3 years ago

Well I finally got around to downloading the new code, had a snownado yesterday that dumped two feet of snow at my home in one day. My wife wanted me to watch Gone with the Wind with her-but decided to scratch that itch and download the new code instead and then you know-I had to test out the new code for an hour or so.

Wow what a difference the motor speed makes. I was concerned about downloading the new code when I heard they messed with the motor speed. I did not want to experience a burnt out motor or something so I waited to see if any others have had any issues first-none I have heard of so far which is good. Every new code update gives you another treat- from the multipliers, to enhanced timing and motor speed, to an even better light show. Can this game get any better? -Not even 1.0 code yet? The timing with the EMS is better, and with the increased speed it also helps increase flow without having to hesitate and stall your shots.

I have officially decided that Led Zeppelin is a keeper in my home and I do consider it to be a masterpiece. The art is spectacular, the layout is epic, the music is just plain timeless and awesome, and most important is the fun factor is overflowing and always puts a smile on my face. I'm Loving it!

John Bonham (resized).jpgJohn Bonham (resized).jpgJimmy Page wallpaper (resized).pngJimmy Page wallpaper (resized).pngIm loving it! (resized).jpgIm loving it! (resized).jpgIm loving it!. (resized).jpgIm loving it!. (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3217 3 years ago

3 Billion is very impressive, part of me wants to blow it up and part of me wants to make sure it is difficult and maintains a difficult challenge and journey. I have left it on three ball but I need to improve my nudging skills. Really need to learn how to death save better without tilting? I also need to improve my outlane nudging technique. I try and push upwards on lift bar when on the fence of outlanes but I have seen people slapping side cabinet, etc. I still am mainly getting STDM drains and not many outlane drains which is good I guess. I want to become a nudging ninja like Mr. Jack Danger

#3218 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My wife wanted me to watch Gone with the Wind with her-but decided to scratch that itch and download the new code instead and then you know-I had to test out the new code for an hour or so.

I know a good divorce attorney.

Quoted from pinmister:

I have officially decided that Led Zeppelin is a keeper in my home and I do consider it to be a masterpiece. The art is spectacular, the layout is epic, the music is just plain timeless and awesome, and most important is the fun factor is overflowing and always puts a smile on my face. I'm Loving it!

Don't tell the GnR folks. They'll just say you're in the honeymoon phase and you're trying to convince yourself of this to justify purchasing a box of lights with nothing on the playfield.

#3219 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

you're in the honeymoon phase

Yes me and my new bride(LZ LE) have been inseparable for over a month now-still in honeymoon stage but finding out quickly that it's a keeper!

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes me and my new bride(LZ LE) have been inseparable for over a month now-still in honeymoon stage but finding out quickly that it's a keeper!

Now if you'll just put in pinwoofers, the honeymoon will start all over again!

#3221 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Now if you'll just put in pinwoofers

Really finding the stock system is more than sufficient for me after making sound adjustments in menu. I usually play with volume between 54-58 and it is ear piercing. After playing 3+ songs you can feel how loud it truly is. At least my family is getting used to the volume level as it rocks the entire house. I still am keeping the keys in the door for awhile in case any of my guest cry about how loud it is. I like it loud-only other games I have this loud are Tron and TNA(both with subs).

#3222 3 years ago

Ya, but ask beez, there is no comparison especially with a woofer underneath. So much more sound effects, music is definitely cleaner. I've had pinwoofer in pins for 3 years, not a single issue and have never heard on pinside of issues. But I get that its not for everyone . I just think music pins need this. I also have this game bolted down permanently. Now if I could just get a Jimi pin,,,,,

#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Really finding the stock system is more than sufficient for me after making sound adjustments in menu. I usually play with volume between 54-58 and it is ear piercing. After playing 3+ songs you can feel how loud it truly is. At least my family is getting used to the volume level as it rocks the entire house. I still am keeping the keys in the door for awhile in case any of my guest cry about how loud it is. I like it loud-only other games I have this loud are Tron and TNA(both with subs).

It only sounds loud to you because the speakers are tinny and it gets annoying at high volumes. If you have a better, well-balanced system you'll find out what you're missing. Look...I know the PW system is expensive, but on this game it's worth it.

#3224 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just think music pins need this

I don't know, my other music pins I really do not crank up that much. I do crank up Tron and TNA because they have a great bass line that shakes the walls. Sometimes when I play my Metallica I will put Metallica videos on Youtube and rock my home system to shake the walls while playing. We really need another pin that has some good bass lines(synth, Rap, Hip Hop, New Age?) I was playing Shrek the other day nodding my head to Smashmouth (for Chr$#@ sake!) and was actually enjoying it.

#3225 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

it gets annoying at high volumes.

You hit the nail on the head BOOB-you can only turn up LZ so loud. If the stock system is already too loud for me-why upgrade? If it ain't broke-don't fix it. Saw a pair of Polk's at Best Buy last week on sale and had that thought-should I upgrade? Then had another thought-why no need? as I walked away.

#3226 3 years ago

Its not too loud, its just tinny shit factory speakers. Its amazing what the bass brings out. I hated lz stock speakers, couldn't wait to upgrade. By the way, Dan at pinwoofer is sending me some sort of speaker surround to test fit , dont know if its acrylics or something different. Should be here today

Added over 3 years ago:

Stock speakers are so tinny

#3227 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You hit the nail on the head BOOB-you can only turn up LZ so loud. If the stock system is already too loud for me-why upgrade? If it ain't broke-don't fix it. Saw a pair of Polk's at Best Buy last week on sale and had that thought-should I upgrade? Then had another thought-why no need? as I walked away.

I've tried upgrading speakers only, but not really worth the effort with out an amp. Made virtually no difference in ehoh. But that game is ok without an amp. Would be better tho,,,,,

#3228 3 years ago

Something special happened tonight. Playing Whole Lotta Love I had a good run going, then started an 18+ Icarus X. Shots started at 40M and the last one just before Icky ran out was a right ramp for 56M! Damn this game is fun!

20210315_215856 (resized).jpg20210315_215856 (resized).jpg
#3229 3 years ago

Here's the logo in red, 7 inch from eBay. It's a little large but OK.

PXL_20210316_164507839 (resized).jpgPXL_20210316_164507839 (resized).jpg
#3230 3 years ago

My lower left VUK has always made a louder than average knocking noise when ejecting the ball. Seems to play fine but am wondering if there is an underlying issue that could be a bigger problem down the road.

#3231 3 years ago

Well that was fun! 26.1X Icarus with the EM raised and some good spinner rips. One question - I thought this happened while EM Frenzy was still running...but in the high scores EM Frenzy is still sitting at the stock 2,000,000. Anyone else seeing any glitches with EM Frenzy getting recorded? I'm loving this game!

20210316_142125 (resized).jpg20210316_142125 (resized).jpg
#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Well that was fun! 26.1X Icarus with the EM raised and some good spinner rips. One question - I thought this happened while EM Frenzy was still running...but in the high scores EM Frenzy is still sitting at the stock 2,000,000. Anyone else seeing any glitches with EM Frenzy getting recorded? I'm loving this game!
[quoted image]

Yes, I had a 279M EM Frenzy SJP and it still has the 2M default score for EM frenzy.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3233 3 years ago

Anyone have any news on the topper? They still making it?

#3234 3 years ago

Just got the email my Side Armor has shipped!

#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have any news on the topper? They still making it?

My distro said they are next on line, as soon as ehoh toppers are done. But no estimate of arrival.

#3236 3 years ago

Is there an attract mode so you can hit the flipper buttons or something to make the music play?

#3237 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Is there an attract mode so you can hit the flipper buttons or something to make the music play?

Push and hold both flippers, cycle thru until you see music

#3238 3 years ago

Feel free to continue posting how great this game is while I wait for mine to be built. I usually keep my games fairly stock but I think new speakers and a sub are warranted here. Shaker? Scrolled through most of this thread and haven’t seen much about the shaker. I usually lean yes but sometimes (Beatles I’m looking at you) it isn’t.

#3239 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Feel free to continue posting how great this game is while I wait for mine to be built. I usually keep my games fairly stock but I think new speakers and a sub are warranted here. Shaker? Scrolled through most of this thread and haven’t seen much about the shaker. I usually lean yes but sometimes (Beatles I’m looking at you) it isn’t.

Pinwoofer definitely, and the shaker is well integrated. Both well worth the money,

#3240 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pinwoofer definitely, and the shaker is well integrated. Both well worth the money,

Awesome. Thanks brother.

#3241 3 years ago

Speaker lights too, mine should arrive this week

#3242 3 years ago

Speaker lights arrived today but not installed yet.

I've gotta say, this EM Frenzy mode has about the best spinner sounds I've ever heard. Have you heard it yet? Sounds a lot like Robotron. You guys with sub woofers must be loving it!

#3243 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm not one for modding but here's a nice solution to hide the ball gate from Space Coast Pinball. It's about $85. They are very nice people to order from. Before and after.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Got mine the other day, can’t wait to install.

#3244 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've gotta say, this EM Frenzy mode has about the best spinner sounds I've ever heard. Have you heard it yet? Sounds a lot like Robotron. You guys with sub woofers must be loving it!

I’ll admit to buying this game because of the spinners. Everyone else was drooling all over the stuff on GNR..meh. I saw that spinner rising up like Monger and I absolutely lost my shit. Oh and also because it’s fucking Led Zeppelin!

#3245 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

How do you get to it? I played something today that sounded like fireworks going off...and it had a light show to match. It was stunning but I had no f**king idea what I was doing.

#3246 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

How do you get to it? I played something today that sounded like fireworks going off...and it had a light show to match. It was stunning but I had no f**king idea what I was doing.

So, you've gotta play the EM Magic MB. When that's completely over, then knock down enough LED ZEP targets(2 sets on default I believe) to bring up the EM again. You'll know it's different because the Frenzy insert will be lit. The sounds in the build up phase are fantastic but when you get to the SJP spinner it's pretty special.

#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So, you've gotta play the EM Magic MB. When that's completely over, then knock down enough LED ZEP targets(2 sets on default I believe) to bring up the EM again. You'll know it's different because the Frenzy insert will be lit. The sounds in the build up phase are fantastic but when you get to the SJP spinner it's pretty special.

Damn, goin nuts waiting here. Internet is so bad in our area I had a buddy download new code for lz and ehoh, he's 120 miles away in Seattle! Really wanting to try new code.

#3248 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Damn, goin nuts waiting here. Internet is so bad in our area I had a buddy download new code for lz and ehoh, he's 120 miles away in Seattle! Really wanting to try new code.

I hear you cause my internet is pretty bad and it took about 1hr 40m to download the code!

#3249 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I hear you cause my internet is pretty bad and it took about 1hr 40m to download the code!

Ha, that's too easy. Last ehoh code was 5 gig, took over 10 hours!! Still have dsl, sometimes we don't even have internet, not enuf bandwidth. Thinkin about signing up for elon musks new service

#3250 3 years ago

I do speed tests ,and sometimes I'm less than 1 mb, like being back in the early 90s.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

5,699 (OBO)
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.