IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 193.
#3151 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

pro or premium in white looks great

Yeah the sparkly white looks amazing with the Zep 3 artwork

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/60#post-6171064

#3152 3 years ago

Just landed

BA386D87-ADF4-471B-BE37-A39A79933399 (resized).jpegBA386D87-ADF4-471B-BE37-A39A79933399 (resized).jpeg31E7F384-E57D-4B47-87FE-6CA8A0CDD81C (resized).jpeg31E7F384-E57D-4B47-87FE-6CA8A0CDD81C (resized).jpegA86EF68D-752D-41FE-A5B4-15A9D4CF2C7B (resized).jpegA86EF68D-752D-41FE-A5B4-15A9D4CF2C7B (resized).jpeg7A3ADF27-C816-46F4-B094-52CC70AF8577 (resized).jpeg7A3ADF27-C816-46F4-B094-52CC70AF8577 (resized).jpeg47887090-A303-4ED1-B06A-450AB3643BB8 (resized).jpeg47887090-A303-4ED1-B06A-450AB3643BB8 (resized).jpeg1221716F-0721-4760-99BA-06BF721EEB91 (resized).jpeg1221716F-0721-4760-99BA-06BF721EEB91 (resized).jpeg
#3153 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday with my premium! Having a blast so far!

20210310_182759 (resized).jpg20210310_182759 (resized).jpg
#3154 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Message redacted because I'm an idiot.
Apologies to Steve and Tim.

Yesterday I accused bad code of being the culprit of my EM not working properly. People told me to chill and they were right. The real culprit was me being an idiot.

The behavior of the EM is so radically different now that unless you recognize the logic of why it's acting that way, you would think it's not acting right.

I've replaced my stupid post with the post above. And apologies to people on this thread for my blonde moment. I pride myself on being right but I was dead wrong this time.

I'm much better now.

#3155 3 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Joined the club yesterday with my premium! Having a blast so far!
[quoted image]

Do premiums come with the art blades/fancy lighting on the sides?

#3156 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yesterday I accused bad code of being the culprit of my EM not working properly. People told me to chill and they were right. The real culprit was me being an idiot.
The behavior of the EM is so radically different now that unless you recognize the logic of why it's acting that way, you would think it's not acting right.
I've replaced my stupid post with the post above. And apologies to people on this thread for my blonde moment. I pride myself on being right but I was dead wrong this time.
I'm much better now.

it's too late....

#3157 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I love it. But like most recent Steve Ritchie games, there always seems to be one thing that makes you want to claw your eyes out. The EM is it on this game.
Star Wars is brutal...this is easier, but both are tough. It really comes down to whichever theme speaks to you more.
And Happy Birthday (early), rcbrown316 !

thanks buddy. I am not a star wars fan and I'm a huge zep fan. probably more so than most. one fear i have is getting tired of the limited track list. I have a sweet metallica. couldnt stand the band but was really impressed with the game. it's a great game but we are just not drawn to it and i think the music is the reason.

#3158 3 years ago

#3159 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

it's too late....

That's Carole King. You're in the wrong thread.

You'll love LZ. Great game. And because the music is so good you don't really get tired of it. Like ACDC...

#3160 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Do premiums come with the art blades/fancy lighting on the sides?

Yes, and extra ramp/ wire form combo.

#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm much better now.

Don’t let it get to you my friend. We spend a lot of money on these machines. Lots of bugs to get worked out when games are newly released. Sometimes we get pissed and vent about it. If Steve and Tim were to get upset then they are in the wrong business. End of the day Stern machines are dependable, fast and fun to play! If any issues arise Stern will stand behind their product.

#3162 3 years ago

Put my order in on a Premium. Getting tingly just thinking about all the hot juicy spinner action.

#3163 3 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

If the gate part was an eighth of an inch longer, it wouldn't pop out of the hole... no excuse for this.

...Well I made the "W" shaped ball gate a little wider by stretching it out a bit and popping it back into the hole; so far so good --- its still in place after about 30 games; and I finally broke 100 million on the Pro.

IMG_1127 (resized).jpgIMG_1127 (resized).jpg
#3164 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Getting tingly

There's probably a short somewhere.

#3165 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's probably a short somewhere.

My body is nothing but shorted wires and cold solder joints.

#3166 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And, flynns arcade here is working on something that will look cool .

This can be seen E Bay Led Zeppelin Pinball Button Mod For the front of your machine (Item ID: 203303390273)

I Like this better than stock

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3167 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnsarcade:

This can be seen E Bay Led Zeppelin Pinball Button Mod For the front of your machine (Item ID: 203303390273)
I Like this better than stock

IMG_6265 (resized).JPGIMG_6265 (resized).JPGIMG_6268 (resized).JPGIMG_6268 (resized).JPGIMG_6271 (resized).JPGIMG_6271 (resized).JPG
#3168 3 years ago

The new software is awesome. The EM moving twice as fast and only moving when the ball is known to be away from the flippers is a simple solution for the spinner bashing issues. So everyone needs to install the new software and tweak the spinner to be perfectly straight and put the issues behind (hopefully).

The lighting effects keep getting better too. I have the left ball save turned down to be a little harder to get, because the game is a little easy and I don't like virtual ball savers. Looking forward to hitting 1.0 before not too long!

#3169 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The new software is awesome. The EM moving twice as fast and only moving when the ball is known to be away from the flippers is a simple solution for the spinner bashing issues. So everyone needs to install the new software and tweak the spinner to be perfectly straight and put the issues behind (hopefully).

You stole the words right out of my mouth, I came here and was about to type out many of the exact same points as above!

I'll add one more - not only does the new EM avoidance code save the spinner from being bashed, it will also protect the EM top plastic from getting bashed and chipped. Nice!

#3170 3 years ago

So what's the secret to getting a new EM plastic if the one you have is all dinged up in the front? Or even if you want to buy a spare to have on had when it gets dinged up down the road? Now that they've lessened the chances of the ball hitting the front with the new code, it would be nice to have a fresh start on a new game.

#3171 3 years ago

Can someone tell me what the playfield Zoso, feather,etc lights mean? Just below tour lights.
Thanks!

#3172 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Can someone tell me what the playfield Zoso, feather,etc lights mean? Just below tour lights.
Thanks!

The Feather represents the completion of the ROCK targets. The insert is lit when ROCK is completed. The color is changed on the insert based on what the ROCK (feather) multiplier value is.
You increase the multiplier by successfully making combos and then ending the combo with a hit to the ROCK target bank.

#3173 3 years ago

The ZOSO Insert represents the left target bank (2 targets, Ball AKA ball saver)

#3174 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So what's the secret to getting a new EM plastic if the one you have is all dinged up in the front? Or even if you want to buy a spare to have on had when it gets dinged up down the road? Now that they've lessened the chances of the ball hitting the front with the new code, it would be nice to have a fresh start on a new game.

I took good close up pics and sent to stern with a pic of serial # and LE # of game. Also sent place and date of purchase. I had a new spinner and plastic in 10 days.

#3176 3 years ago

Any update when toppers are coming out?

#3177 3 years ago

Thanks again Hayfarmer for the information on my other game lighting.I love it when things work.

#3178 3 years ago

Im seeing tons of decals on ebay.
Anybody buy one yet for playfield zep?

#3179 3 years ago

I'm not one for modding but here's a nice solution to hide the ball gate from Space Coast Pinball. It's about $85. They are very nice people to order from. Before and after.

PXL_20210312_194308926 (resized).jpgPXL_20210312_194308926 (resized).jpgPXL_20210312_190417215 (resized).jpgPXL_20210312_190417215 (resized).jpg
#3180 3 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Any update when toppers are coming out?

Today, I received the side armor kit I ordered back in Dec. In late Dec, upgraded to a LE after my distro received an unexpected additional allocation. Guess I forgot I ordered the side armor. I probably ordered a shooter knob too, lol...

I've been told late March on the toppers.

#3181 3 years ago

I used to be a pretty avid pin collector but sold off all my machines back in 2007 after selling my old house. I'm back in the market and interested in a Led Zeppelin. I've been a big fan of their music since I was a kid. Whatever I end up with will likely be my only pin for a while due to space limitation. It seems unlikely I'll get a chance to see or play one before I pull the trigger. I'm considering either an LE or Premium. I like the Premium's more subdued look based on the photos I've seen online, but it might be a completely different story in flesh. Has anyone come across high-res photos of them side by side? I'd be interested in the groups' opinion on having this an only pin or do you think I should turn my attention to getting a classic like an MB or TZ. Thanks in advance.

#3182 3 years ago

I have a large collection and think LZ would be fine as an only pin. It shoots really good and the rules are solid already and still evolving. I have a premium and think it looks great in person. Just classic Zep I art.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3183 3 years ago

I wonder if these white pop pumper lights can be changed out to a multicolor?
Anyone ever do this?

IMG_4831 (resized).jpgIMG_4831 (resized).jpg
#3184 3 years ago
Quoted from hdavidson:

I used to be a pretty avid pin collector but sold off all my machines back in 2007 after selling my old house. I'm back in the market and interested in a Led Zeppelin. I've been a big fan of their music since I was a kid. Whatever I end up with will likely be my only pin for a while due to space limitation. It seems unlikely I'll get a chance to see or play one before I pull the trigger. I'm considering either an LE or Premium. I like the Premium's more subdued look based on the photos I've seen online, but it might be a completely different story in flesh. Has anyone come across high-res photos of them side by side? I'd be interested in the groups' opinion on having this an only pin or do you think I should turn my attention to getting a classic like an MB or TZ. Thanks in advance.

Your really can’t go wrong with either as they are the same from a game play standpoint.

Question is do you like bold and in your face color(LE) or black and white(premium).

Super fun game.

#3185 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I have a large collection and think LZ would be fine as an only pin. It shoots really good and the rules are solid already and still evolving. I have a premium and think it looks great in person. Just classic Zep I art.

How is the quality of the art on the premium cabinet? I've not come across any high res pics.

#3186 3 years ago
Quoted from hdavidson:

How is the quality of the art on the premium cabinet? I've not come across any high res pics.

I have a premium and find the cabinet very nice. Stern's prints are all pretty high quality these days, nothing like the dots of the LOTR era.

#3187 3 years ago

Anyone else having trouble getting the top flipper return ramp to go? At least on my machine its almost an impossible shot. Wondering if there is any adjustment I can make.

#3188 3 years ago

Yes. Tough shot. You’ll get better at it. I’ve made no changes but someone suggested bending the habit rail down.

#3189 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I took good close up pics and sent to stern with a pic of serial # and LE # of game. Also sent place and date of purchase. I had a new spinner and plastic in 10 days.

OK, help me out. All I see on Sterns website is a Contact Us form, but no way to attach photos. I want to file a claim for a new EM plastic top. Mine has gotten pretty dinged up. Do you have an email address to contact them? Thanks!

20210312_220836 (resized).jpg20210312_220836 (resized).jpg
#3190 3 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Anyone else having trouble getting the top flipper return ramp to go? At least on my machine its almost an impossible shot. Wondering if there is any adjustment I can make.

See my post #2246

#3191 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, help me out. All I see on Sterns website is a Contact Us form, but no way to attach photos. I want to file a claim for a new EM plastic top. Mine has gotten pretty dinged up. Do you have an email address to contact them? Thanks![quoted image]

Ask your distributor. I sent e-mails about an issue on a different game and was met with radio silence. Sent an e-mail to my distributor with a pic of my serial number and the part was in my mailbox in 2 or 3 days.

#3192 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, help me out. All I see on Sterns website is a Contact Us form, but no way to attach photos. I want to file a claim for a new EM plastic top. Mine has gotten pretty dinged up. Do you have an email address to contact them? Thanks![quoted image]

Sent ya a pm

#3193 3 years ago
Quoted from hdavidson:

It's not grainy like the older Sterns, but there isn't a lot of detail to the art. The pictures on here represent it well.

#3194 3 years ago

This is now officially my favorite pin (EHOH and AFM have been beat out)The shots are oh so sweet, especially 5 and 6 way combos - they are just so fluid. Buy this pin unless you hate Led Zeppelin!

#3195 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

This is now officially my favorite pin (EHOH and AFM have been beat out)The shots are oh so sweet, especially 5 and 6 way combos - they are just so fluid. Buy this pin unless you hate Led Zeppelin!

Who hates Led Zeppelin. Actually I was picking up a pinball at JJP and I was talking with Jake Jr. I said you guys should make a Led Zeppelin pinball and Jack Jr. said that his Mom hates Led Zeppelin so that's not going to happen. I really can't see someone hating Led Zeppelin and liking Guns and Rose's, But it is called not in this lifetime.

#3196 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Who hates Led Zeppelin.

My wife. "Are there any good songs?" she asked me. "Yeah," I said. "All of 'em."

#3197 3 years ago

I had some extra t-molding from when I did my Hoops. Compared the colors and it's almost an exact match. Super easy to do. The whole thing took like 30 minutes. Looks very factory in person.

20210313_113705 (resized).jpg20210313_113705 (resized).jpg20210313_113715 (resized).jpg20210313_113715 (resized).jpg20210313_114740 (resized).jpg20210313_114740 (resized).jpg20210313_114746 (resized).jpg20210313_114746 (resized).jpg
#3198 3 years ago

Ugh my game died already. 100 plays on the nose. Throwing node board 1 errors, no start or top button. Emailed distributor.

#3199 3 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Ugh my game died already. 100 plays on the nose. Throwing node board 1 errors, no start or top button. Emailed distributor.

I know it sucks, but look on the bright side: Better now than when it's out of warranty.

#3200 3 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Did you try re-seating the connectors on the board? They tend to work loose and may have already been loose from shipping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, KS
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.99
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/64?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.