20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 194.
#3101 3 years ago

Just a sticker but I like it. I also updated to .98 all good so far. I got EM frenzy for the first time. It was cool.

IMG-20210310-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20210310-WA0002 (resized).jpg
#3102 3 years ago

#3103 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Just a sticker but I like it. I also updated to .98 all good so far. I got EM frenzy for the first time. It was cool.
[quoted image]

What is the size of the sticker that you used? Was it regular cut vinyl? Asking because someone asked me to make one for this purpose but I have not heard back with the sizing.

#3104 3 years ago

After revealing my custom 3D Coin Reject Buttons (featuring 'The Object'), someone suggested I go a step further and make it a playfield mod -- and so I have. Notably missing from the Led Zeppelin playfield is 'The Object' from the 'Presence' album. Not anymore! Here it is, as a magnificent 3D-printed pop bumper cover toy, from Rocket City Pinball!

TheObject_RCP_1 (resized).jpgTheObject_RCP_1 (resized).jpg

The Object mod stands about 4.5" tall and is designed with a custom snap-fit mounting system built into its base and the included translucent pop bumper cap mount. (This mount design was created so The Object wouldn't require thru holes for the bumper cap screws). Installation is a snap (pun intended) --
1) Remove the original pop bumper cap by removing the two small mounting screws.
2) Install the included custom pop bumper cap/mount using the same screws.
3) Place The Object onto the cover and press down -- it will snap into place for a very snug fit! (It can still be removed later if necessary, by gently pulling/rocking it until it pops off, so you can access the screws below.)

You can rotate The Object about its center axis to your preferred orientation -- I've designed the mount to accommodate this adjustable rotation (while including including clearance for the screw heads) while still remaining snug in place.

TheObject_RCP_6 (resized).jpgTheObject_RCP_6 (resized).jpg

The translucent bumper cover/mount is available in your choice of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or clear/white. (In my opinion, the clear looks the best -- but it's your game, you do you!)

Clear/white cap/mount, unlitClear/white cap/mount, unlitClear/white cap/mount, litClear/white cap/mount, lit
Orange cap/mount, unlitOrange cap/mount, unlit Orange cap/mount, litOrange cap/mount, lit
Red cap/mount, unlitRed cap/mount, unlitRed cap/mount, litRed cap/mount, lit

Now available in my shop, including a combo offer if you want coin buttons too.
The Object mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04919-the-object-led-zeppelin-pop-bumper-mod
Coin Buttons: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04899-3d-coin-reject-buttons-led-zeppelin

Presence (resized).jpgPresence (resized).jpg

#3105 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

[quoted image]

I like the scale of that decal, where did you get it?

#3106 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:After revealing my custom 3D Coin Reject Buttons (featuring 'The Object'), someone suggested I go a step further and make it a playfield mod -- and so I have. Notably missing from the Led Zeppelin playfield is 'The Object' from the 'Presence' album. Not anymore! Here it is, as a magnificent 3D-printed pop bumper cover toy, from Rocket City Pinball!
[quoted image]
The Object mod stands about 4.5" tall and is designed with a custom snap-fit mounting system built into its base and the included translucent pop bumper cap mount. (This mount design was created so The Object wouldn't require thru holes for the bumper cap screws). Installation is a snap (pun intended) --
1) Remove the original pop bumper cap by removing the two small mounting screws.
3) Place The Object onto the cover and press down -- it will snap into place for a very snug fit! (It can still be removed later if necessary, by gently pulling/rocking it until it pops off, so you can access the screws below.)
You can rotate The Object about its center axis to your preferred orientation -- I've designed the mount to accommodate this adjustable rotation (while including including clearance for the screw heads) while still remaining snug in place.
[quoted image]
The translucent bumper cover/mount is available in your choice of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or clear/white. (In my opinion, the clear looks the best -- but it's your game, you do you!)
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image] [quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
The Object mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04919-the-object-led-zeppelin-pop-bumper-top
Coin Buttons: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04899-3d-coin-reject-buttons-led-zeppelin
[quoted image]

Looks great!

#3107 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like the scale of that decal, where did you get it?

Agreed. Looks good.

#3108 3 years ago

Seems there is just a lot of variance in parts/QC. Many of the LE owners reported lock down bar latches coming unscrewed for the cab. I have a first run premium and had no issues with that. Same with the shooter lane gate. I have over 500 games on mine and the gate has never come lose.

#3109 3 years ago

My gate has been fine, but left latch had one screw hole stripped and laying on cab floor. But, spinner has been doin great for 2 weeks now, happy bout that.

#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New code:
LE V0.98 - March 9, 2021
==========================
Fixed:
- Lights:
- Fixed a conflict between the Song Change is ready light show and the
Mothership Multiball is ready light show.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Expression Lights to freeze when
returning to attract mode from DJ Mixer.
Tweaked:
- Devices:
- Added additional shaker effects.
- Adjustments:
- Increased the Mothership Multiball default ball saver to 30 seconds.
- Display:
- Added the elapsed time to the Top of the Charts total display effect.
- Added outlines to all attract mode text.
- Rules:
- Change the switch hit requirement for USA 1975 tour to:
- Easy: 50
- Medium (default): 100
- Hard: 150
- Max: 200
- Tour modes can no longer be lit when World Tour MB is active.
- Consolation extra ball score increased to 10,000,000.
- Zeppelin Award Extra Ball default reduced to 8 (was 10.)
- Increased scoring in Mothership Multiball.
- Tweaked USA Tour 1975 Multiball:
- When ramps are made for jackpots, all other ramp shots are relit.
- Right ramp now scores a double jackpot.
- After 5 jackpots, the left and center ramps are unlit and the super
jackpot is lit at the right ramp.
- The Super Jackpot is worth the sum of the 5 jackpots and double jackpots
that were scored.
- Increased scoring in USA Tour 1977 Multiball.
- Tweaked Rock and Roll mode:
- During the verses, the zeppelin, center, and right ramps are now lit
and all 3 must be completed to replenish the shots.
- Tweaked Kashmir mode:
- Once both shots have converged, hitting the shot will start an 8 second
timer. Each hit to the converged shot resets the timer. Once the timer
expires, the shots diverge apart.
- Added an adjustment for the timer value.
- Tweaked ? Multiball
- The song award is now based on the song shots made throughout all song
modes.
- Balanced scoring of other jackpots.
- Increase Zeppelin Award base score to 500,000.
New:
- Add 6 Expression Lights Modes.
- ORIGINAL SHOWS
- REMIX SHOWS -- 10 brand new song light shows.
- ALL SHOWS (default) -- Randomly selects between the Original and Remix
shows when a new song is selected.
- USER SET COLOR - Visit DIAGNOSTICS -> GAME -> SET EXPRESSION LIGHT COLOR
to set the Red, Green, and Blue values from 0-255.
- GENERAL ILLUMINATION - Provides general playfield illumination during
gameplay.
- MATCH MODE COLOR - The expression lights change color to match the arrow
color of the currently running song mode.
- Sounds:
- Added a "city jackpot lit" sound effect for World Tour Multiball.
- High Scores:
- Added Spinner Champion - most spins in 1 spinner hit.
- Moved to System 2.71:
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.
- Update HSTD REST COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when
>= 100 and by 10s when < 100.
- Moved to 0S 2.0.19

anyone having trouble loading this code on your machine 95 went on 1st try 98 my machine doesnt go to read code it just keeps initializing

#3111 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Seems there is just a lot of variance in parts/QC. Many of the LE owners reported lock down bar latches coming unscrewed for the cab. I have a first run premium and had no issues with that. Same with the shooter lane gate. I have over 500 games on mine and the gate has never come lose.

I haven't seen any other reports of LE latches coming off. But my left latch completely pulled out of the wood last week when I was attempting to latch the bar back down.

#3112 3 years ago

Two of best MODs out there in my opinion.

guitar2  (resized).jpgguitar2 (resized).jpg
#3113 3 years ago
Quoted from Cidco:

I haven't seen any other reports of LE latches coming off. But my left latch completely pulled out of the wood last week when I was attempting to latch the bar back down.

I have read previous posts showing most of the screws are stripped and you just add #12 screw and problem solved.Every game owner should check these screws I had 1 tight and 1 stripped on each side.pretty sure hayfarmer posted photos

#3114 3 years ago

Latest update is great! Way to go team Stern! Good improvements on the Electric Magic rules, and the faster speed of its motor. EM Frenzy super jackpots are awesome! Some cool new lights as well and some song mode changes. Great stuff! Can't wait for even more!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c4c3 (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c4c3 (resized).jpg
#3115 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

What is the size of the sticker that you used? Was it regular cut vinyl? Asking because someone asked me to make one for this purpose but I have not heard back with the sizing.

It's 6 inch

#3116 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

This is the 4th Stern game in the last four years that I have run into some kind of a gate problem, and I just don't understand why this continues to happen. First time was on Aerosmith, then Jurassic Park, Stranger Things and now LZ. Not sure why this continues to occur. Prior to LZ, each time the problem was communicated back to Stern. Is it design or a crappy part that continues to be re used? I don't see how it can be that expensive or difficult to design a simple ball gate that won't fail in use.

If the gate part was an eighth of an inch longer, it wouldn't pop out of the hole... no excuse for this.

#3117 3 years ago

Never mind.

#3118 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

anyone having trouble loading this code on your machine 95 went on 1st try 98 my machine doesnt go to read code it just keeps initializing

Try with a different thumb drive? The spike system is finicky with some of them.

#3119 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just installed the new code and I'm frustrated because my EM is working strangely now. I'll spell LED ZEP and it'll tell me to shoot for the spinner (and the first arrow is lit), but the EM doesn't come up. Sometimes it seems to go down for now reason, like I hit the Zeppelin ramp (Zeppelin Launch Phase 1), and the spinner goes back down for no reason at all...and doesn't come back up for a substantial amount of time. When I start a new game while the match sequence is going, the EM mech stays up and inactive for a long time before finally going down into the playfield.
Has anybody seen any of this? It's gotta be a code issue unless there's some switch that would cause all these weird things to suddenly happen with the new code.
I'm sad.

Mines doing the same.

#3120 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

After revealing my custom 3D Coin Reject Buttons (featuring 'The Object'), someone suggested I go a step further and make it a playfield mod -- and so I have. Notably missing from the Led Zeppelin playfield is 'The Object' from the 'Presence' album. Not anymore! Here it is, as a magnificent 3D-printed pop bumper cover toy, from Rocket City Pinball!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The Object mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04919-the-object-led-zeppelin-pop-bumper-top
[quoted image]

I'm really enjoying having both the coin return and pop bumper Objects in my machine. They really fit in well. Andy and I tried all of the pop cap colors on my machine and I really like the clear. I've been waiting for a pop bumper mod for this game and I'm happy with this one. The mount that it is on is really nice because it fits perfectly in less than five minutes and lets you turn it to the perfect position without sacrificing sturdiness. It also doesn't block the view of the ball or my guitar amp mod in the background!

Now I am about to install the new .98 software and hopefully it will wipe out Skyking GC high score. At least he didn't post a picture the GC score above!

#3121 3 years ago

Message redacted because I'm an idiot.

Apologies to Steve and Tim.

#3122 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm really enjoying having both the coin return and pop bumper Objects in my machine. They really fit in well. Andy and I tried all of the pop cap colors on my machine and I really like the clear. I've been waiting for a pop bumper mod for this game and I'm happy with this one. The mount that it is on is really nice because it fits perfectly in less than five minutes and lets you turn it to the perfect position without sacrificing sturdiness. It also doesn't block the view of the ball or my guitar amp mod in the background!
Now I am about to install the new .98 software and hopefully it will wipe out Skyking GC high score. At least he didn't post a picture the GC score above!

Nooooo dont wipe my score!!!

My first and only game on it so far, here it is immortalized before you wipe it with the new code.

Thanks again for letting me use your machine to test my mod! Our two mods look amazing together -- The Object and the guitar & amp!

20210309_201020 (resized).jpg20210309_201020 (resized).jpg

TheObject_RCP_3 (resized).jpgTheObject_RCP_3 (resized).jpg
#3123 3 years ago

Is " the object" too tall to sit above the upper flipper? Might look good there with a small spot light.

#3124 3 years ago

Scores don't wipe now with Spike 2 updates. Neither do your settings.

#3125 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is " the object" too tall to sit above the upper flipper? Might look good there with a small spot light.

The Lermods Hermit is 4.75inches, so it should be ok.

#3126 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just installed the new code and I'm frustrated because my EM is working strangely now. I'll spell LED ZEP and it'll tell me to shoot for the spinner (and the first arrow is lit), but the EM doesn't come up. Sometimes it seems to go down for now reason, like I hit the Zeppelin ramp (Zeppelin Launch Phase 1), and the spinner goes back down for no reason at all...and doesn't come back up for a substantial amount of time. When I start a new game while the match sequence is going, the EM mech stays up and inactive for a long time before finally going down into the playfield.
Has anybody seen any of this? It's gotta be a code issue unless there's some switch that would cause all these weird things to suddenly happen with the new code.
I'm sad.

Boob, chill man. Everything is fine. The new code is working properly. When EM is ready to go, it will not raise until the ball is in a safe place like a ramp or eject. I have seen where the EM stays up when restarting a game. If you just let the ball sit in the shooter lane for like 10-15 seconds the EM will go down.

I've seen the EM go back down for two reasons. One is for inactivity on the spinner. The other is for starting any other MB. I have not seen it go down for just shooting the lock ramp once.

#3127 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm sad.

Your EM is working as it should. Check out the read me for the new code and that should clarify it.

#3128 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

The Lermods Hermit is 4.75inches, so it should be ok.

Yeah while John and I were playing with it, we perched it over there, no problem heightwise. IIRC the base stuck out a little over the edge though, so I wasn't super crazy about how it looked there. If there is serious interest I could look into designing another mount to accommodate that, but for now the pop bumper is great option.

#3129 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have the hermit right next to the upper flipper, so the object should be good there.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Boob, chill man. Everything is fine. The new code is working properly. When EM is ready to go, it will not raise until the ball is in a safe place like a ramp or eject. I have seen where the EM stays up when restarting a game. If you just let the ball sit in the shooter lane for like 10-15 seconds the EM will go down.
I've seen the EM go back down for two reasons. One is for inactivity on the spinner. The other is for starting any other MB. I have not seen it go down for just shooting the lock ramp once.

Quoted from Potatoloco:

Your EM is working as it should. Check out the read me for the new code and that should clarify it.

I'm chill. Sorry if my post came off a little...um...intense. I read the read me file about the updates, but the behavior just doesn't jibe with what's written in there. It's not logical at all. So I'm going back to playing Stranger Things to cheer up. At least when the TK lock doesn't work on that game, I know why.

#3130 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Yeah while John and I were playing with it, we perched it over there, no problem heightwise. IIRC the base stuck out a little over the edge though, so I wasn't super crazy about how it looked there. If there is serious interest I could look into designing another mount to accommodate that, but for now the pop bumper is great option.

How wide is the base of object, not the mount for the pop cap?

#3131 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How wide is the base of object, not the mount for the pop cap?

1.5" x 1.7" (rectangular, not square).

#3132 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank you. Barring some strange set of rules that have been coded and I'm not understanding, I think the EM's been coded like shit. I can't believe they didn't see all the bugs in the code for this thing if they play tested it before release. It's just not behaving properly at all and I'm pretty sure it's not my switches.
I may just back it up to .95 and wait for a better release.

There's a setting to change the EM spinner behavior back to "normal" so there's no need to go back to .95 code. I haven't tried it yet, but I assume you'd still get the faster movement, just without the extra protection.

#3133 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have the hermit right next to the upper flipper, so the object should be good there.

I'm chill. Sorry if my post came off a little...um...intense. I read the read me file about the updates, but the behavior just doesn't jibe with what's written in there. It's not logical at all. So I'm going back to playing Stranger Things to cheer up. At least when the TK lock doesn't work on that game, I know why.

Im ready to launch this game over that EM.

#3134 3 years ago

Some Led Zeppelin LE's being customized by Pinball Refinery, I love Steve's work-he does a great job.
Pinball Refinery LZ LE (resized).jpgPinball Refinery LZ LE (resized).jpg

Pinball Refinery LZ LE. (resized).jpgPinball Refinery LZ LE. (resized).jpg

#3135 3 years ago

White powder looks good and ties in well, I still would like to see someone do an orange with flake and maybe a full brass job?

Bling Bling

#3136 3 years ago

I think the new EM logic is much better however they really need to time the callout to shoot it with the raising of the mech and I have seen the EM stay up for a bit on game restart.

They need to time it so as soon as game start selected it goes down. Holding ball in shooter lane for 20 seconds isn’t food when you playing a 2:00 song like communication breakdown. That’s valuable time!

#3137 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

White powder looks good and ties in well, I still would like to see someone do an orange with flake and maybe a full brass job?
Bling Bling

Honestly I am a fan of the Refinery, but I like the factory blue better for the cabinet and I am never a fan of powder coating ramps like that. I agree that orange with flake would look good.

#3138 3 years ago

They do an amazing job, but the blue in the LE looks better. Despite all the original controversy, I find it hard to imagine a better colour now.

#3139 3 years ago

Another blue vote here too. I've been thinkin about powder coating the wireforms but not the ramps.

#3140 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

My rough mock up - Thinking of Black powder coat with gold flake. Im ok with the Blue but I likeTrim with a lot of contrast to the cabinet art.
[quoted image]

I like my blue but this is beautiful

#3141 3 years ago

I’ll stick with the blue...the white is just blah looking on LZ.

White looks great on Star Wars premium though!

#3142 3 years ago

Anyone hearing anything on our toppers?

#3143 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Honestly I am a fan of the Refinery, but I like the factory blue better for the cabinet and I am never a fan of powder coating ramps like that. I agree that orange with flake would look good.

Factory blue is better IMO. I don't like the white at all. The only "good" white I've seen is on ghostbusters. It's not an issue with PF work, it's just what I think looks good on a pin.

For example, I've yet to see a better color that black on TSPP, despite the pink, yellow and green attempts people have made.

#3144 3 years ago

I gotta admit ,the pro done in white was beautiful.

#3145 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I gotta admit ,the pro done in white was beautiful.

pro or premium in white looks great

#3146 3 years ago

One of the white LZ's Steve did is mine. It's called "hottest white" and has a red tint--very sharp. I very much like the powdered wire forms and ramps which I always have him do. Just my personal preference.

#3147 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

One of the white LZ's Steve did is mine. It's called "hottest white" and has a red tint--very sharp. I very much like the powdered wire forms and ramps which I always have him do. Just my personal preference.

nice

#3148 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

do you like the game? I am looking to switch things up. Thinking about selling star trek prem and/or met prem. is star wars better?

#3149 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

do you like the game? I am looking to switch things up. Thinking about selling star trek prem and/or met prem. is star wars better?

I love it. But like most recent Steve Ritchie games, there always seems to be one thing that makes you want to claw your eyes out. The EM is it on this game.

Star Wars is brutal...this is easier, but both are tough. It really comes down to whichever theme speaks to you more.

And Happy Birthday (early), rcbrown316 !

#3150 3 years ago

Watched Jack Danger hit over 3B with the new code the day before yesterday and it was some of the most fun pinball I'd ever seen - the 200+ people watching the stream seemed to agree. Of course he death saves... that's why I can't get to 3B point. That's it, that is the only difference between us.

This game is really something special IMHO. The more I play it the more I love it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.