20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,628 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 193.
#2901 3 years ago

Stern Engineering responded to my email regarding the EM ball release logic and they said the Em is supposed to release the ball when it comes up and NOT hold it like a captive ball.

I’m wondering if this was a change with the code update?

#2902 3 years ago

Mine came out twice. Last time I bent the straight end on the very end so it cannot come out

#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from Wopmike2001:

Does anyone have the metal Gate from the shooter lane keep popping out? See attached pics. I put it back in and bend it outward, 5-10 games later comes back out.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, and I would also bend it wider, but it kept coming out. Finally I bent the end (tip) of the wire downward to make it impossible ( I think) to come out. Haven’t had a problem since.

#2904 3 years ago

So I was goofing around with shooter lane today, loosened top screw, pulled lane back as tight as I could, and now can get auto plunge to hit crossover ramp prob 90% of the time. I couldn't get it to do manually tho, so I put in a heavier spring, red, from Stern I had, and now can plunge to ramp if I do it correctly. Kinda nice if youre in em spinner mode and want to avoid knocking ball out of the magnet. Kinda like a skill shot, with no points, but at least it feeds to right flip for control.

#2905 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I got my fugly Stern shooter rod today.

Pics?

#2906 3 years ago

Anybody else not able to attach pictures?

Switched browser. Works now.

#2907 3 years ago

No prob here, my granddaughter!
IMG952282 (resized).jpgIMG952282 (resized).jpg

#2908 3 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Same. Either bend more aggressively, or adjust the shooter lane exit ball guide to allow the one way gate to sit closer to the metal bracket it hangs on on the right side. I had to do the latter. That ball guide is easily adjustable, loosen screw, move ball guide, tighten back up. Obviously it changes how the shooter lane shoots the ball though which is not ideal.

Thanks! Gonna try that!

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image]

And the cycle continues!

I will check my settings. I have no icon for attaching a picture.

Nothing.

#2910 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So I was goofing around with shooter lane today, loosened top screw, pulled lane back as tight as I could, and now can get auto plunge to hit crossover ramp prob 90% of the time. I couldn't get it to do manually tho, so I put in a heavier spring, red, from Stern I had, and now can plunge to ramp if I do it correctly. Kinda nice if youre in em spinner mode and want to avoid knocking ball out of the magnet. Kinda like a skill shot, with no points, but at least it feeds to right flip for control.

Crossover ramp starts super modes and extends playfield x mode (if you're in it).

#2911 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Crossover ramp starts super modes and extends playfield x mode (if you're in it).

I haven't had a chance to see if it does on the plunge or not. Got busy and haven't been back to game yet. Thx for tip..

#2912 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

have no icon for attaching a picture

May be the browser you are using, may try Google Chrome?

Boob-I want to see the pics of your shooter and Big Ben installed

#2913 3 years ago

I want to see the shooter too!

Topper coming really soon so I’m told.

#2914 3 years ago

Getting my LE in couple weeks now... looking forward to it. Just q for current owners: I've been watching a couple of the RD streams and it seams the Electric Magic MB does sweet FA? Is this the case with game play? I'm thinking the scoring needs to be increased to make it worthwhile?

He seems to want to pjss the thing off as soon as it raises. I think its a cool toy if it gets coded well. Cute sounds with the spinner isn't enough for me.it needs to have some weight to the scoring.

#2915 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Getting my LE in couple weeks now... looking forward to it. Just q for current owners: I've been watching a couple of the RD streams and it seams the Electric Magic MB does sweet FA? Is this the case with game play? I'm thinking the scoring needs to be increased to make it worthwhile?
He seems to want to pjss the thing off as soon as it raises. I think its a cool toy if it gets coded well. Cute sounds with the spinner isn't enough for me.it needs to have some weight to the scoring.

It's over-used a bit imo, at factory settings. Even moving them to "hard" for the EM makes it come up too much (again imo). It's a cool mech but it blocks some of the shots so it can mess with your song shot-making rhythm. It does lead to a multiball, and the song mode you're in continues so that's helpful, but the mech is up during the multiball too. Scoring seems a bit light. I'd rather see it used a lot less (1 or 2 times per game max) and have the 2nd run through of it have different rules than the 1st.

#2916 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image]

Great picture awesome shirt.

#2917 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Great picture awesome shirt.

Thx, pinball life has the shirt

#2918 3 years ago

I am digging the EMS and have gotten used to the frequency. I find it gets better as you get further in the game as well. I really like charging the EMS, it is a great feature and a great feeling with the added sounds.

This game is a COMBO MONSTER! and the FLOW IS OUT OF CONTROL!

Did I mention how stunning the backglass is on the LE yet?

Still on three ball

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am digging the EMS and have gotten used to the frequency. I find it gets better as you get further in the game as well. I really like charging the EMS, it is a great feature and a great feeling with the added sounds.
This game is a COMBO MONSTER! and the FLOW IS OUT OF CONTROL!
Did I mention how stunning the backglass is on the LE yet?
Still on three ball

I agree and the cool thing is if your paying attention you can hit left and center ramp off left flipper with em raised and right ramp off both flippers with it raised.

Total risk reward to shoot it or go around.

#2920 3 years ago

I won't be able to install it until at least tomorrow. But it's just as fugly as the Stern photos.

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I'll take pics of everything tomorrow or Saturday.

#2922 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yesterday it was working. Today it is not. I did not change anything. The bar below the reply block is blank.

I would send a picture but I can't.

#2923 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I won't be able to install it until at least tomorrow. But it's just as fugly as the Stern photos.

Dang, I told my distributor to hold one for me. Oh well,

#2924 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Dang, I told my distributor to hold one for me. Oh well,

Just get it. The Stern site has them as sold out, and if they haven't already, they will. You can always sell it if it's TOO fugly for you.

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just get it. The Stern site has them as sold out, and if they haven't already, they will. You can always sell it if it's TOO fugly for you.

Oh ya, im keeping it. Was hoping this would be like the "fugly" press pics of the game, and I'd be pleasantly surprised on how good shooter looks. Maybe it fits in when installed. You're first guy, get them pics!!

#2926 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You were right about the browser. Internet Explorer does not work now. Thanks.

20210304_112139 (resized).jpg20210304_112139 (resized).jpg
#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

It's over-used a bit imo, at factory settings. Even moving them to "hard" for the EM makes it come up too much (again imo). It's a cool mech but it blocks some of the shots so it can mess with your song shot-making rhythm. It does lead to a multiball, and the song mode you're in continues so that's helpful, but the mech is up during the multiball too. Scoring seems a bit light. I'd rather see it used a lot less (1 or 2 times per game max) and have the 2nd run through of it have different rules than the 1st.

Yes given its the main toy in the game i would expect you would want to be able to use it not want it to piss back off under the pf. Maybe coding where it raises less but is worth more plus like you said have the rules change up as you qualify it more.

#2928 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm still loving this game! About 410 games played in just under 3 weeks. I discovered something that is more about my play style than it is the game. I REALLY don't enjoy the Top of the Charts Challenge Mode. I mean, it's a great mode. I just suck at it. When I have to try to hit stuff in a hurry, I can't hit shit. The left scoop becomes impossible. The balls keep getting in the way. I can barely break 9 minutes. It's stressful and not fun for me.
Then I go back to regular gameplay and I realize how great this game is!

my first attempt at top of the charts mode with the new code i did it 5:30. Thought to myself it was pretty good but i could still do better. Since then i've struggled to get under 10mins. the damn left eject is my nemesis.

#2929 3 years ago

Hey guys working on a new topper design... let me know what you'll think

There's video on this page.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-zeppelin-topper#post-6168298

20210304_200241 (resized).jpg20210304_200241 (resized).jpg20210304_200305 (resized).jpg20210304_200305 (resized).jpg
#2930 3 years ago
20210304_202033 (resized).jpg20210304_202033 (resized).jpg20210304_202119 (resized).jpg20210304_202119 (resized).jpg20210304_202147 (resized).jpg20210304_202147 (resized).jpg
#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you. Took the pressure off me.

#2932 3 years ago

Sorry but that plunger is hideous

#2933 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Ehh.no worse than all the other crap that people plaster all over their game.

#2934 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Actually, its nicer than a Deadpool or Iron Man head, those are terrible. Its the 2nd one I have ever bought, first was Sterns JP amber. I like it.

#2935 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank you. Took the pressure off me.

I knew you would slack off

#2936 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How does it shoot? Heavier spring? Was it whole unit or just shooter?

#2937 3 years ago

It's a whole unit. kidchrisso takes too long to answer.

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Correct. Again, I think it goes better on the pro and premium. The topper belongs on an LE and looks out of place on the other two models.

#2939 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Correct. Again, I think it goes better on the pro and premium. The topper belongs on an LE and looks out of place on the other two models.

weak sauce...buy buy buy

#2940 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How does it shoot?

Perfect...just like my...buy buy buy

#2941 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's a whole unit. kidchrisso takes too long to answer.

sorry, I was buy buy buying other crap I don't need

#2942 3 years ago

Not sure if I like the look of the Stern shooter knob on the LE? It does look like it would tie in better with the colors of the Premium and Pro models. It also looks to obtrude outwards quite a bit. I can just see myself walking by it and hitting my hip on it as I walk by. I was worried about them selling out and missing out-but now realize I really do not want one anyway.

I think what we need is some more Icarus for Psw757-he can't get enough Icarus(cowbell) need more Icarus(cowbell), make a shooter knob with Icarus-I keed I keed

#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure if I like the look of the Stern shooter knob on the LE? It does look like it would tie in better with the colors of the Premium and Pro models. It also looks to obtrude outwards quite a bit. I can just see myself walking by it and hitting my hip on it as I walk by. I was worried about them selling out and missing out-but now realize I really do not want one anyway.
I think what we need is some more Icarus for Psw757-he can't get enough Icarus(cowbell) need more Icarus(cowbell), make a shooter knob with Icarus-I keed I keed

Funny...but stern took care of that by putting it on the end of the knob, so we get some more Icarus.

#2944 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Funny...but stern took care of that by putting it on the end of the knob, so we get some more Icarus.

I'm having my friend paint an Icarus over the band symbols on the four sides of the shooter dreidel. Fits the theme better.

#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm having my friend paint an Icarus over the band symbols on the four sides of the shooter dreidel. Fits the theme better.

Make sure to post some pics

#2946 3 years ago

Lots of cool mods for the empty corner in Led Zepellin-great job to all the modders, I love the creativity!

LZ Big Ben mod (resized).jpgLZ Big Ben mod (resized).jpgGEDC6372 (resized).JPGGEDC6372 (resized).JPGLZ guitar amp mod (resized).jpgLZ guitar amp mod (resized).jpg
#2947 3 years ago

This game is ripe for mods

20210305_085315 (resized).jpg20210305_085315 (resized).jpg

#2948 3 years ago

Big Ben is nice but I'm worried about it breaking and balls getting stuck on it. The guitar and Amp look safe so I think I will go with them.

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

This game is ripe for mods
[quoted image]

That looks like IJ and LZ had a baby.

Quoted from sushko:

Big Ben is nice but I'm worried about it breaking and balls getting stuck on it. The guitar and Amp look safe so I think I will go with them.

Not sure that can happen...there's nothing in the vicinity that would launch the ball in that direction. At least I've never had airballs over there...and the orbit passes under the building. But the guitar and speaker are awesome as well!

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That looks like IJ and LZ had a baby.

Not sure that can happen...there's nothing in the vicinity that would launch the ball in that direction. At least I've never had airballs over there...and the orbit passes under the building. But the guitar and speaker are awesome as well!

I've launched a few off the top of the em while it was rising that have gone to the right, but not far enough to hit that area. I hope.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 9,628 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/59?hl=wopmike2001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.