IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 193.
#2751 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You've put up some huge scores, what's the best way to collect records? Quickest way i guess. I have trouble scoring consistently. Every now and then I get a great game ( for me), but would like to be more consistent. Thx,,

Of course collecting records is different with every song, but here are some ideas.

Combo the center ramp/right ramp/center ramp etc.

Listen for the change to the guitar solo. If the solo is getting close in the song, go ahead and trap up on the left flipper and wait. Then start spamming the center ramp the instant the solo begins. If you can get this going with two balls at the same time even better.

Figuring what to do with the ball coming out of the left eject is important. All games will be a little different. You can live catch. You can just let it bounce to the other flipper. But what I've been doing lately is like a delayed slap away shot to the right ramp or right orbit. I'm getting to where I can pull that off like 40-50% of the time.

Pay attention to the white "Cue Lights" during the songs. They let you know where the shots are going to move to as the song changes. There is a kind of "reverse grace period" with these. If the shot is white, shooting it just before it changes color will still count as a song shot.

Get the timing down for backhanding the spinner and the left ramp from a trap. Unlike backhanding the right ramp, both of these shots are relatively easy.

#2752 3 years ago

Ya, I can hit the shots haha, just hard to figure out without watching someone else shoot. Good info, I'll be trying later tonight

#2753 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

, wife won't play 2 person gsme , she says its boring to wait , s.

i hear ya, brother. i dont play 2 player with my wife. She loves the "Top of the Charts" challenge. She put up her initials for the first time ever a few days ago and it was glorious.

#2754 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

i hear ya, brother. i dont play 2 player with my wife. She loves the "Top of the Charts" challenge. She put up her initials for the first time ever a few days ago and it was glorious.

Haha, my wife likes that and ghostbuster God mode too. Just flail away and havin fun. I have ehoh set on easy for her to enjoy. Zeppelin is so shot specific, its hard for her, so I'm kinda solo there,

#2755 3 years ago

OK, since we are talking points and scores, let's talk about Icarus X. It is very easy to begin Icarus by mistake. The shot is right up the center, right next to the main shot(center ramp) and it just gets hit when you don't want it. Especially in MB. So what can happen is you get Icarus after Icarus in the 1.5-2.2X range. We want more than that!

Try this. Once Icarus is ready, You've got to avoid hitting it. Try a bunch of "one way combos" to build it up first. Some examples.
Center ramp to Rock targets.
Left orbit/Hold up upper right flipper to LED targets.
Backhand left ramp/Hold up left flipper and bump the ball over to the right flipper/Kickback targets.
Backhand left ramp or center ramp into Zep targets(watch out for that Icarus)
All of these one way combos will add .1x to that band member.

Try not to cash in on your Icarus until a guitar solo. Or if in MB, not until super JP are available.

One more important thing about how Icarus X works. We all know that it is the value of the four band members multiplied together. What is super important about this is that if even ONE band member is really low, that will severely stunt your Icarus value. Example:

Icarus values begin at 1.0 and build by .1 for every combo. So lets say you are able to do 20 combos before beginning your X. If the combos are evenly spread out you have the following:
1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 5.06X(not sure if the game awards 5.0 or 5.1 in this case)

But the same amount of combos spread out unevenly could give you this:
1.0 x 1.1 x 1.3 x 2.6 = 3.7

See? Same exact number of combos terminating into a target bank. One gives you 3.7X. One gives you 5X.

Now apply that to a real scenario. You're deep into Kashmir and you've got your shot values up to 4.5 Million. The verse begins, you start your Icarus, and you start looping the center ramp. In one example you're looping the ramp for 16.65M/shot and in the other example you are looping for 22.5/shot. Of course the shot value increases with every center ramp but you get the point.

TLDR; Spread your combos out to all the different target banks as long as possible. Then start Icarus X at an opportune time.

#2756 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Haha, my wife likes that and ghostbuster God mode too. Just flail away and havin fun. I have ehoh set on easy for her to enjoy. Zeppelin is so shot specific, its hard for her, so I'm kinda solo there,

your lucky that way ,my wife and son keep trying to replace my initials off the board

#2757 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

your lucky that way ,my wife and son keep trying to replace my initials off the board

Just lucky our families enjoy our childish pursuits

#2758 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I dont see this decal available at Lermods anymore.not sure why.licensing ?

I got mine as an add on option when I purchased the RGB illumination mod. Simple, but I really think it adds a lot. Looks great.

#2759 3 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I got mine as an add on option when I purchased the RGB illumination mod. Simple, but I really think it adds a lot. Looks great.

thats right thats where i got mine,i suppose we could paint our blimp black before we put it on if we choose

#2760 3 years ago

I got some pop caps today, mirrored and I think they look great. Pm me if you want the guys name. I did 2 sets, one with lyrics, others are ,zeppelin, 4 symbols and hermit. Looks great when lit up, much better than my pics

20210227_155639 (resized).jpg20210227_155639 (resized).jpg20210227_155824 (resized).jpg20210227_155824 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210227-155516_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210227-155516_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210227-155921_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210227-155921_Video Player (resized).jpg
#2761 3 years ago

Newbie here. First post actually. Bought the Pro and thanks to Dthwsh for helping me set her up! Appreciating the knowledge on here! Y’all are seriously impressive. Bought those wet stickers on Etsy for the zeppelin that was posted here-thanks! I owned a Waterworld many years ago but the Zep is another level. Back to lurk(learn) mode.

7BFA8625-D0C6-45F0-8042-687946583879 (resized).jpeg7BFA8625-D0C6-45F0-8042-687946583879 (resized).jpeg7D620BB9-F537-4224-A08E-197C7F328900 (resized).jpeg7D620BB9-F537-4224-A08E-197C7F328900 (resized).jpeg
#2762 3 years ago
Quoted from Mouseyjoe:

Newbie here. First post actually. Bought the Pro and thanks to Dthwsh for helping me set her up! Appreciating the knowledge on here! Y’all are seriously impressive. Bought those wet stickers on Etsy for the zeppelin that was posted here-thanks! I owned a Waterworld many years ago but the Zep is another level. Back to lurk(learn) mode.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, and welcome!

#2763 3 years ago

EDIT: Trying to delete. Mis-read thread title.

IMG_20210227_150432347[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20210227_150432347[1] (resized).jpg
#2764 3 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Just played my first (and only) game. Not very impressed. I mean, I love both Led Zeppelin and pinball (check my high scores) but this one leaves me cold. Took forever just to get this score, and I feel it's way too easy. Its the first pin I've ever played that acknowledges how easy certain shots are and punishes you for it (taking away the lane change after center ramp shots). I really wanted to love it. [quoted image]

Who did you buy your pro from?

#2765 3 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Just played my first (and only) game. Not very impressed. I mean, I love both Led Zeppelin and pinball (check my high scores) but this one leaves me cold. Took forever just to get this score, and I feel it's way too easy. Its the first pin I've ever played that acknowledges how easy certain shots are and punishes you for it (taking away the lane change after center ramp shots). I really wanted to love it. [quoted image]

Probably should have tried the premium/le before buying the pro. Not even comparable in my opinion.

#2766 3 years ago

Still trying to delete.

MODS: Please delete my posts. I completely mis-read the thread title and have no business posting here.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2767 3 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Still trying to delete.
MODS: Please delete my posts. I completely mis-read the thread title and have no business posting here.

I was trying to be gentle.

#2768 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was trying to be gentle.

I thank you for the consideration! Hopefully the mods will excise me from this thread. (I simply cannot find a delete post button anywhere.)

#2769 3 years ago

I just purchased a premium today. Fun shooter but I need to read the rules and objectives

#2770 3 years ago

I thought poor old Leon passed away last month?
The man had a huge heart, not the most skilled boxer, but fun to watch.

#2771 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

I have a pro and I find it very difficult to hit the right ramp from the left flipper.
It oftens goes up, kind of hit something and comes back down.
Simple setting to do or real issue?

Solved.
Adjusted the 2 steel rods from the ramp going into the assy so that the ramp does not shake at all when the ball is coming.

#2772 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh, it'll grow on you alright. Read through the 11 pages of rules Stern posted...it'll give you a better idea of how to think when you're playing. The suggestion to move along to the next song after 5 gold records was a good one as well.
PS - I LOVE that when you finish a tour mode, the poster says "Sold Out" the next time the menu comes up. Really nice touch!

Where are these 11 pages of rules Stern posted? Do you have to be a Stern Insider to see it?

#2773 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Where are these 11 pages of rules Stern posted? Do you have to be a Stern Insider to see it?

Nope, here you go:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Led-Zeppelin-Rulesheet.pdf

#2774 3 years ago

Anyone getting this malfunction message? Any known fixes?

20210211_153544 (resized).jpg20210211_153544 (resized).jpg
#2775 3 years ago
Quoted from Bman6945:

Anyone getting this malfunction message? Any known fixes?
[quoted image]

I think someone else had this and a post came loose and jammed it. I’d take a look and see if something came off the mech.

#2776 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think someone else had this and a post came loose and jammed it. I’d take a look and see if something came off the mech.

Yes, I saw that post, I checked the mech and nothing is off or loose. I tried contacting Stern, but that was 2 was ago. Nothing but crickets!

#2777 3 years ago

Find the subtle change! Minor but I like it.

A2BEFA38-22A1-40C7-8DC7-49D5D76CD666 (resized).jpegA2BEFA38-22A1-40C7-8DC7-49D5D76CD666 (resized).jpeg
#2778 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Find the subtle change! Minor but I like it.
[quoted image]

Hey, you found a way to add a light under that plastic! Nice.

#2779 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey, you found a way to add a light under that plastic! Nice.

Have to light those albums man!

That was driving me crazy and it was kind of a dark spot.

This game has a ton of plastics with no art so to not light one of the few with something showcasing the theme is a major wtf!

#2780 3 years ago

This is a difficult game. Those who say it isn't have not had enough time on the game to realize you brick one or two shots, you drain. And my outlane posts are factory. I think I don't even want to see this game in a tourney with posts moved up, rubber removed, etc. I'm a tourney player and ranked just outside the top 200 in IFPA and even I think this is a tough game. But that's what makes it a good game. It keeps you coming back for more. I have started over after one or two balls more than I'd care to admit!

After the game kicked my ass for about 8-10 games straight today, I finally got on the board again. Score was 992M, but this right here was worth taking a picture of....

20210228_154915 (resized).jpg20210228_154915 (resized).jpg

Always be Kashin....LOL

#2781 3 years ago

curious anyone else getting variances with the with the magic spinner height. I leveled the black part and everything is good for like 5 days, and all the sudden its unleveled again. This last time caused the spinner to go to high. The ball hit the bottom of the spinner and barely moved it.
I leveled it again and it works like it supposed to... Might have something to do with those timing settings in adjustments, maybe setting tighter margins?

#2782 3 years ago

I played an LE at Boxcar in Greensboro NC. I went in with low expectations, but I can away very impressed with the game. Really fun game, I enjoyed playing. Nice lighting and great sound

37F2BF88-AA54-45F2-B658-8FD3DA0D0D33 (resized).jpeg37F2BF88-AA54-45F2-B658-8FD3DA0D0D33 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2783 3 years ago

Is anyone having issues with the electric magic magnet? When the electric magic portal rises up with the ball locked (magnetized) it releases the ball sometimes without me even hitting it to release it. I’m guessing it’s an opto issue but I’m a noob when it comes to this stuff.

#2784 3 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Is anyone having issues with the electric magic magnet? When the electric magic portal rises up with the ball locked (magnetized) it releases the ball sometimes without me even hitting it to release it. I’m guessing it’s an opto issue but I’m a noob when it comes to this stuff.

I think mine does this too but figured it was normal.

#2785 3 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

If you see the ball moving front to back repeatedly as it raises, then it would seem not to be an opto issue but rather the problem is the magnet isn't holding the ball still as it should - the opto is correctly "reading" the ball movement, and yes that will start multiball just as if you had hit the ball. Mine does this too sometimes, I'm not sure how to fix it.

#2786 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think mine does this too but figured it was normal.

I don’t think it’s normal because sometimes mine will require a hit (almost acting like a captive ball) to release it. I think the issue is the magnet not holding it strong enough so the ball is slightly moving, triggering the opto as if it was hit. Not positive though. Maybe others have seen this and resolved it.

#2787 3 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I don’t think it’s normal because sometimes mine will require a hit (almost acting like a captive ball) to release it. I think the issue is the magnet not holding it strong enough so the ball is slightly moving, triggering the opto as if it was hit. Not positive though. Maybe others have seen this and resolved it.

Yup, I think this is correct. I looked in the adjustments menu and found one that seemed related to magnet hold strength, but when I tweaked it it didn't seem to change anything so I went back to the factory setting. I didn't play with too many different values though, maybe it's worth trying again.

#2788 3 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Yup, I think this is correct. I looked in the adjustments menu and found one that seemed related to magnet hold strength, but when I tweaked it it didn't seem to change anything so I went back to the factory setting. I didn't play with too many different values though, maybe it's worth trying again.

Curious to see if this works and if anyone else has had this issue.

#2789 3 years ago

Do you guys think that maybe the pro version is a bit easier? The elctric magic mech is cool but it can interupt flow when making good progress on songs. Also, hitting the dead-end target from the upper flipper is easier (but not as satisfying) than hitting the ramp clean.

#2790 3 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Need more info on this, because sometimes the game will shoot a ball into play when the ball is locked, and it'll doink off the LED targets, fall into the EM area, and knock both balls forward through the spinner. OR...your time will expire to shoot a left or right eject scoop to lock more balls, and it'll just release the ball to start your multiball. It's the machine's not-so-subtle way of saying F.U.--you suck. (Steve Ritchie would just tell you when playing ACDC...LOL!)

In related news, I suck so bad at this game, I can't hit 3 of the most important shots to save my life. And as I stated before, it's the only game I'm so bad at that ball search was initiated in the middle of my game.

#2791 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Need more info on this, because sometimes the game will shoot a ball into play when the ball is locked, and it'll doink off the LED targets, fall into the EM area, and knock both balls forward through the spinner. OR...your time will expire to shoot a left or right eject scoop to lock more balls, and it'll just release the ball to start your multiball. It's the machine's not-so-subtle way of saying F.U.--you suck. (Steve Ritchie would just tell you when playing ACDC...LOL!)
In related news, I suck so bad at this game, I can't hit 3 of the most important shots to save my life. And as I stated before, it's the only game I'm so bad at that ball search was initiated in the middle of my game.

Um, best way I can describe it is when the portal rises above the Playfield, a ball should be locked in the center by the magnet. Sometimes the ball is perfectly locked and to release it and start the multiball, you need to strike the ball with a shot. Other times the ball is released from the magnet shortly after it rises from below the Playfield.

#2792 3 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Um, best way I can describe it is when the portal rises above the Playfield, a ball should be locked in the center by the magnet. Sometimes the ball is perfectly locked and to release it and start the multiball, you need to strike the ball with a shot. Other times the ball is released from the magnet shortly after it rises from below the Playfield.

I have recently been having this same issue.

#2793 3 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

mine is the same

#2794 3 years ago

When he ball is locked on the magnet and you need to hit it to release, where is the spinner sitting?

#2795 3 years ago

My point is that there's a timer on that magnet. If you don't knock the ball out within a certain time, it releases the ball. That's normal.

#2796 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My point is that there's a timer on that magnet. If you don't knock the ball out within a certain time, it releases the ball. That's normal.

Not sure how long the timer is or if adjustable but often my ball is released at the same time the ball is ejected from scoop if I’m able to lock one and there is never enough time to lock a second scoop as the magnet releases it right away.

Would be nice to know what the intended logic is.

Edit - now that I’m thinking about it I’m not sure if I’ve ever had the opportunity to hit the ball off like a captive ball.

#2797 3 years ago

It’s erroneous because sometimes it works normal and there’s at least 5-10 seconds of time for me to knock the ball. Other times it is released within 2 seconds of the electric magic rising.

Anyway, I have the spinner issue now so I need to find the fix for that

#2798 3 years ago

Haven't had that issue yet. Always time to lock a ball in both ejects before ball is released. Still on factory settings

#2799 3 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

It’s erroneous because sometimes it works normal and there’s at least 5-10 seconds of time for me to knock the ball. Other times it is released within 2 seconds of the electric magic rising.

And when this happens, you can hear the sound effect of the opto firing from the captured ball oscillations. It's pretty obvious something is wrong when it happens.

#2800 3 years ago

I figured out the EM problem with releasing the ball too soon. My spinner was very slightly bent. It was bent for the very first time. Straightened it out and added a small drop of oil to each side and did some glass off testing and the EM is back to working correctly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

5,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/56?hl=nihonmasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.