20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 194.
#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Move that right flipper just slightly forward, maybe 1/16 ". Fixed my prob..those index marks are a guideline, not the absolute point

is flipper adjustment from the coin door.i know you mentioned this before but i am learning to do adjustments.

#2702 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

is flipper adjustment from the coin door.i know you mentioned this before but i am learning to do adjustments.

This is my first modern Stern.
Same here, still learning menus and settings.
Bot used to this style. Im old school williams bally guy.
On a side note....WHATS UP?
Is there 2 owner's threads?

#2703 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

i am not aware of a second LZ owners thread

#2704 3 years ago

I guess we can forget about accessories being available by end of month, I haven’t heard squat lately.

#2705 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Nope. Remove balls, Tip up playfield and flipper is held in place with an Allen head bolt. Loosen it, move to position, tighten the crap out if it!!

#2706 3 years ago

See the little index holes? They should be centered from factory as a starting point and usually are spot on, but mine was just behind center. I had to move right flip just slightly ahead to hit ramp shot. With glass off in position how I got it, I could never hit it, tried maybe 50 or 60 shots, angle was off just enough. Anyways, worked for me

20210226_121257 (resized).jpg20210226_121257 (resized).jpg20210226_121304 (resized).jpg20210226_121304 (resized).jpg

#2707 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Anyone having problems with the EM spinner mech cycling too much

Mine seems to go up and down more since code update? They probably need to adjust the timing more for future updates? I had to cradle my ball a couple times waiting. Might have to set timing of EMS to open when in upper saucer and lower after all balls drain?

#2708 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Mine seems to go up and down more since code update? They probably need to adjust the timing more for future updates? I had to cradle my ball a couple times waiting. Might have to set timing of EMS to open when in upper saucer and lower after all balls drain?

It’s so easily to qualify by accident, not hard to hit led zep. Maybe need to add a scoop shot within a certain amount of time to raise it?

#2709 3 years ago

The problem is having no magnet to catch the ball other than EMS. How can you avoid hitting while raising and lowering other than saucer and ball drain? Mine is still holding up well but I have gotten some dents starting to appear on my top plastic and I do not want to have to replace it. Only thing I can think of is adjustment the timing in future update with added saucer shot after LED ZEP to stall the ball?

#2710 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The problem is having no magnet to catch the ball other than EMS. How can you avoid hitting while rasing and lowering other than saucer and ball drain? Mine is still holding up well but I have gotten some dents starting to appear on my top plastic and don't want to have to replace. Only thing I can think of is adjustment in timing in future update with added saucer shot to stall the ball?

Email stern with pics ,serial # and le #. I got a new plastic and spinner in a week. I think when original one is beat up worse, I'll plane edge down to a 45° and try

#2711 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The problem is having no magnet to catch the ball other than EMS. How can you avoid hitting while rasing and lowering other than saucer and ball drain? Mine is still holding up well but I have gotten some dents starting to appear on my top plastic and don't want to have to replace. Only thing I can think of is adjustment in timing in future update with added saucer shot to stall the ball?

It’s gonna get some dents, no way around it. The PF gets worse dents but at least the plastic is cheap and easy to swap.

#2712 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s gonna get some dents, no way around it.

It will not get dented if they figure out the timing of the up and down EMS. Yes I could probably call and get an extra and then what-same thing? I want to find a solution

#2713 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It will not get dented if they figure out the timing of the up and down EMS. Yes I could probably call and get an extra and then what-same thing? I want to find a solution

Unless they code it so scoop hold ball until motor done running to raise the em it will continue. The more difficult part to code is when you drain down to last ball and it lowers. I suppose it can stay up until no balls in play then lower.

#2714 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

until no balls in play then lower.

Yes that is what I was thinking. Actually programming certain second count stall in saucer for rising of mech should be pretty easy.

#2715 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I want a solution too, but until more people request repair/ warranty parts, not much will be done.

#2716 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes that is what I was thinking. Actually programming certain second count stall in saucer for rising of mech should be pretty easy.

The timing of raising and start of mode is simple, just make it so to activate you need to hit led zep, shoot scoop then Em raises while ball held in scoop. New ball put in play and need to lock on magnet within 15 secs for mode to start. Then two options, smash ball off the em or shoot loop and lock for another ball to be auto launched into play.

I think the end of the mode is a more of an issue as I think the EM will need to stay up until all balls are out of play otherwise the risk is still there to smash it while lowering.

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I want a solution too

Maybe if enough people report to Stern's bug complaint department?

I would prefer a more controlled method for the mech rising and lowering, I do not want to have to limit my gameplay and cradle or avoid hitting the EMS.

#2718 3 years ago

Agreed. I just wanted parts on hand before there's a waiting list.

#2719 3 years ago

I reported my concerns and although I haven’t had spinner issues to date I did request a spare and plastic just in case about a week ago and no response yet.

I’ve never had luck with them requesting coding changes and what not due to issues etc..

I suppose if enough of us take the time to send a msg it could help. Maybe even worth hitting Jack D or Ray D up on one of their pinball streams.

#2720 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

There is a second thread but is not as active as this one. Only 37 posts.

The Official Stern Led Zeppelin Owners Thread(The Mothership).

#2721 3 years ago

Here ya go Doc

20210226_171421 (resized).jpg20210226_171421 (resized).jpg
#2722 3 years ago

From the man himself

Guys,

We are working hard for resolving spinning target/EM unit issues. I read all the comments in the Led Zeppelin Owner's Thread and want to assure you that a solution is in the works. Pat Powers and the guys in Stern Customer Service are doing their best to resolve your problems, and they are the best in the business. Please be patient until we get these issues resolved.

Thanks,

Steve Ritchie

#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

From the man himself
Guys,
We are working hard for resolving spinning target/EM unit issues. I read all the comments in the Led Zeppelin Owner's Thread and want to assure you that a solution is in the works. Pat Powers and the guys in Stern Customer Service are doing their best to resolve your problems, and they are the best in the business. Please be patient until we get these issues resolved.
Thanks,
Steve Ritchie

This is great news! Glad that SR and Stern are listening and following this thread. Other than a code update or stronger spinner arms, does anyone have any other ideas?

#2724 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

This is great news! Glad that SR and Stern are listening and following this thread. Other than a code update or stronger spinner arms, does anyone have any other ideas?

One more song, one more song, one more song!

Need an encore performance!

#2725 3 years ago

So I've got the ZOSO symbols ordered from Amazon showing up soon. The Zep is just so plain looking. I had a crazy idea from watching some hydro dipping video tutorials on youtube. I think with the right color scheme it could look awesome. Maybe dip it and then apply the decals afterwards? Anyone crazy enough to try this?

I know if I had a spare Zep I would try it, just in case I totally screwed it up. Here is a video for reference.

#2726 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So I've got the ZOSO symbols ordered from Amazon showing up soon. The Zep is just so plain looking. I had a crazy idea from watching some hydro dipping video tutorials on youtube. I think with the right color scheme it could look awesome. Maybe dip it and then apply the decals afterwards? Anyone crazy enough to try this?
I know if I had a spare Zep I would try it, just in case I totally screwed it up. Here is a video for reference.

One of the mod guys had a mothership color option Zep that looked pretty cool but forgot whose it was. Would like to see what it looks like in the game.

#2727 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

One of the mod guys had a mothership color option Zep that looked pretty cool but forgot whose it was. Would like to see what it looks like in the game.

#2728 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

My left bar lock latch fell off. Went to check right side and screws were very loose. Looks like they installed with small #8 screw and stripped them. I installed these #12 Nice and secure now.
[quoted image]

mine were stripped too looks like maybe the whole run is like this.They should look into the installer and QA and have a discussion .If it was 1 or 2 games would be different but the whole run is not caring about your work IMO

#2729 3 years ago

To all the LZ premium owners, please rate your pin to get this model in the top 100 list. Fifteen more rating are needed.

#2730 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I think that is MEZELmods.

Lermods has it

#2731 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Lermods has it

Sorry about that.

#2732 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Lermods has it

i might misunderstand the question,I am refering to the red mothership decal

#2733 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Mezel has red letters on his zep mod. It does not look like a decal though.

#2734 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I think mezel has one in development that is actually a new Zep and not decal. Looked red and black like on album cover. He has his own Zep mod thread.

#2735 3 years ago

I got these apron protectors from EightBitWhit , these pics are from ehoh. They keep apron from cutting into your clear, which was happening on ehoh. I got a blue set and red set for lz. I recommend them, elvira had a groove cut the full length.

20210226_165356 (resized).jpg20210226_165356 (resized).jpg20210226_165423 (resized).jpg20210226_165423 (resized).jpg20210226_170123 (resized).jpg20210226_170123 (resized).jpg
#2736 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think mezel has one in development that is actually a new Zep and not decal. Looked red and black like on album cover. He has his own Zep mod thread.

I see said the blind man (me) looks pretty good the red mothership looks like my red decal from Lermods exactly though the body may have been done in black and tail in red.choose either cant go wrong.looking good

#2737 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I see said the blind man (me) looks pretty good the red mothership looks like my red decal from Lermods exactly though the body may have been done in black and tail in red.choose either cant go wrong.looking good

I dont see this decal available at Lermods anymore.not sure why.licensing ?

#2738 3 years ago

Pin down. Well, this kinda stinks. Looks like the the Rubber O-Ring around the drop bank crapped out. Anyone else have this issue? Seems a bit early in its life for this to happen. I called the distro, who said they will contact Stern on Monday to order a replacement part. I asked for 2 of them. Luckily, Pinball Life is nearby and looks like they carry them so I'm putting an order in there - guessing I'll get them much quicker.

I was, literally, in the process of dialing in the sound for the Pyle backbox speakers (will post a quick update shortly on that) and now I'm sidelined.....

My afternoon plan was to drink beer and play Zep. My day is ruined. ha ha.

Led Zep rubber 1 (resized).jpgLed Zep rubber 1 (resized).jpgLed Zep rubber 2 (resized).jpgLed Zep rubber 2 (resized).jpg
#2739 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Pin down. Well, this kinda stinks. Looks like the the Rubber O-Ring around the drop bank crapped out. Anyone else have this issue? Seems a bit early in its life for this to happen. I called the distro, who said they will contact Stern on Monday to order a replacement part. I asked for 2 of them. Luckily, Pinball Life is nearby and looks like they carry them so I'm putting an order in there - guessing I'll get them much quicker.
I was, literally, in the process of dialing in the sound for the Pyle backbox speakers (will post a quick update shortly on that) and now I'm sidelined.....
My afternoon plan was to drink beer and play Zep. My day is ruined. ha ha.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pull one off another machine and get back to that beer!!

#2740 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin LE PinWoofer Backbox Speaker Showdown!

The Contenders: Kenwood KFC-1366S vs. Pyle Blue Label PL53BL

I set up my equipment including a spectrum frequency analyzer, cross-over mixing equalizer, sequenced condenser and dynamic microphones, and a flux capacitor for good measure. OK, that last one should be the giveaway that I made that all up.

Here's what I really did....

I installed the Pyle on the left side and kept the Kenwood on the right. I listened to a variety of songs and passages to make sure it was as apples-to-apples as it could be, taking into account left/right channel mixing. I kept the settings the same based on my previous post (#2155) where I dialed in the PinWoofer with the Kenwoods. I also listened at different volumes.

The verdict: Pyle speakers are the clear winner. I installed the Pyle on the right side and am going with those moving forward. (The good news is I'll repurpose all 3 Zep LE speakers into my AIQ Premium)

Overall, the Pyle had a bit better bass response, but really shined in the midrange. The vocals, callouts and guitar solos were much more clear and could be played at a higher volume while still maintaining their shape vs. the Kenwoods.

As soon as I get my O-Ring replacement (see my recent post) I'll finish the setting adjustments and share what I came up with - based on what little I did I do believe a few adjustments can improve the sound slightly from what I reported before, to take advantage of the Pyles.

Just a side note, if you do get a Pinwoofer and go with the Pyles, the install ease alone is almost worth it vs. connecting the Pinwoofer harness speaker wires to the Kenwoods.

#2741 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pull one off another machine and get back to that beer!!

Funny you mention that.....it crossed my mind to see if my AIQ Premium or JP Pro have that size and then I decided maybe I should just play one of those instead because they both have been ignored for the last 4 weeks.

But because you (Hayfarmer) are so inspiring in these forums, I checked the manuals thinking, well, I think I will do that now.....sadly, neither game has the 1 3/4" size I need. oh well.

#2742 3 years ago

thanks to the folks who posted the YT videos to update the code. I just did. SUPER easy! Looking at decals to spice up the Zep. Any suggestions other than the ones already listed?

#2743 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I dont see this decal available at Lermods anymore.not sure why.licensing ?

Pm me if you (or anyone) want the decal.

#2744 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Pm me if you (or anyone) want the decal.

its already installed on my zeppelin and looks great I was just trying to remember where i got it.thank you all my mods you sent look great.

#2745 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Funny you mention that.....it crossed my mind to see if my AIQ Premium or JP Pro have that size and then I decided maybe I should just play one of those instead because they both have been ignored for the last 4 weeks.
But because you (Hayfarmer) are so inspiring in these forums, I checked the manuals thinking, well, I think I will do that now.....sadly, neither game has the 1 3/4" size I need. oh well.

The pyles sound so much better. I never heard the groaning of the em spinner rising until I put them in. Great review!!

#2746 3 years ago

I have a pro and I find it very difficult to hit the right ramp from the left flipper.
It oftens goes up, kind of hit something and comes back down.

Simple setting to do or real issue?

#2747 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

I have a pro and I find it very difficult to hit the right ramp from the left flipper.
It oftens goes up, kind of it something and comes back down.
Simple setting to do or real issue?

I call that "the rattler" and I do it about ten times a game. It just has to be a clean shot. You can try waxing the ramp. I did that to all my ramps and it does help.

#2748 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I call that "the rattler" and I do it about ten times a game. It just has to be a clean shot. You can try waxing the ramp. I did that to all my ramps and it does help.

You've put up some huge scores, what's the best way to collect records? Quickest way i guess. I have trouble scoring consistently. Every now and then I get a great game ( for me), but would like to be more consistent. Thx,,

#2749 3 years ago

Some random thoughts on gameplay after I just finished a really long session.

Pulling off the Kashmir strat can be really difficult. But you don't really have to hit ALL the shots in the correct order to land the orange shot on the center ramp during the verses. Just don't go past the center shot on one side before also doing it on the other side. And even if you don't get the shots to converge on the center, Kashmir is such a long song you can get some really good song shot values by the 2nd or 3rd ball, 4-5M per shot, before any Icarus X. Verses come up 3 times during the song. Two times on the front end and a 3rd time towards the end.

As much as I love The Song Remains the Same, it's just about the worst song to pick for scoring. True to the name, the shots remain on the left side. Just the left eject and left orbit are lit, and some parts of the song also add in the left ramp. This makes combos nearly impossible and extremely hard to get 5 gold records on this song. Platinum on this song seems out of reach.

Sticking with the short playing songs is a good strat to get EB and Mothership MB, but so far I have not been able to get any really good score from MMB. Some good songs for this are Rock and Roll, Immigrant Song, Good Times Bad Times, Black Dog, Communication Breakdown, Ramble On.

The right ramp is a very key shot. It is a song shot in pretty much every song. It is an important shot for building combos. It is the only shot that gets you towards the Tour Modes which lead to tour multiballs. I have only made it to World Tour twice so far which requires a lot of right ramps and then playing the tour modes well to get through all four of them.

Code Improvements: Could we please get the Icarus timer to pause while the EM has the ball trapped and is lowering? This eats up a ton of Icarus time and is super frustrating. Seems like there was another time I felt like it should be paused but can't remember the specifics.

Question: You are in the middle of a song and drain. Now the next ball is in the shooter lane. If you switch off of the song, then go back to the song you were in and plunge the ball, do the shot values(points) reset? Do the record sales shot value reset? If either of those reset without plunging the ball that needs to be fixed.

Obviously I'm still loving the game. Currently, 2.016B is my GC and it takes over 942M now to get on my scoreboard.

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit: Correction to Kashmir. Verse comes up 4 times in the song. Twice near the beginning and twice near the end.

#2750 3 years ago

Thx, I can get to all the multiballs easy enough, just hard for me to get much past 450 mill on score. I hadn't thought too much on songs to stay away from. It's hard to see what's going on, only friend who is into pinball in my area only likes old bally games, wife won't play 2 person gsme , she says its boring to wait , so I'm trying to figure game out while I'm playing and watching a few streams. Thx for the ideas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
5,699 (OBO)
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.