20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 194.
#2601 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Quick question for Anyone with a premium or LE.
My electric magic spinner mechanism has 2 rods on the back side of it. I noticed a few times that these rods are coming up onto the playfield. Are there rods supposed to come up onto the playfield?

I'm pretty sure those come up to stop the ball when the magnet is lit to catch it. That way, even if the ball overshoots the magnet, it'll doink off the posts and back down to the magnet. Check it next time you light the magnet.

#2602 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm pretty sure those come up to stop the ball when the magnet is lit to catch it. That way, even if the ball overshoots the magnet, it'll doink off the posts and back down to the magnet. Check it next time you light the magnet.

That makes sense. Thanks.

#2603 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That makes sense. Thanks.

Speaking of those, one of mine came off today, tight to get it back together. I didn't locktite because its so tight to get a 1/4" wrench in there. Other side was loose, but left screw fell all the way out. Something you need to look at,,,

#2604 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Speaking of those, one of mine came off today, tight to get it back together. I didn't locktite because its so tight to get a 1/4" wrench in there. Other side was loose, but left screw fell all the way out. Something you need to look at,,,

Going to check my mech tonight. I don’t think mine always come up. I have noticed the ball balling in from the back when it’s time to hit the ball on the magnet off.

#2605 3 years ago

The right side had no washers. But I found 2 in bottom of cabinet so I put them on . Don't know why it would be needed, but I know they came from there because I've had it open enough times to not see them before.

20210222_124620 (resized).jpg20210222_124620 (resized).jpg20210222_124626 (resized).jpg20210222_124626 (resized).jpg20210222_124631 (resized).jpg20210222_124631 (resized).jpg

#2606 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Going to check my mech tonight. I don’t think mine always come up. I have noticed the ball balling in from the back when it’s time to hit the ball on the magnet off.

They only come up once you've crossed the magnet after its been activated. It will lock a ball from the back side. Easiest way to see, pull the glass, roll ball thru spinner enough to activate lock ,then roll thru again. They come up as soon as ball touches magnet

#2607 3 years ago

Anyone airballing off the center ramp into the plastic panel (hitting Bonham in the neck)?

#2608 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The right side had no washers. But I found 2 in bottom of cabinet so I put them on . Don't know why it would be needed, but I know they came from there because I've had it open enough times to not see them before.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can not believe the amount of helpful and constructive information I am getting from this thread,good job guys

#2609 3 years ago

Does anyone else think it is odd that Pinstadium is pimping their products for the Premiums and LEs? Why on earth would anyone want to put those things in a game with Expression lighting? Especially when the Pinstadiums will basically block the view of the expression lighting from the players perspective.

#2610 3 years ago

My left bar lock latch fell off. Went to check right side and screws were very loose. Looks like they installed with small #8 screw and stripped them. I installed these #12 Nice and secure now.

67C76061-BC43-4CCC-A9B1-7943916FBD50 (resized).jpeg67C76061-BC43-4CCC-A9B1-7943916FBD50 (resized).jpeg

#2611 3 years ago

Yup, my left is loose too, just haven't fixed yet. Good to know

#2612 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

These worked perfectly.

BCF9AC13-1638-498C-B30F-C42878E72C76 (resized).jpegBCF9AC13-1638-498C-B30F-C42878E72C76 (resized).jpeg
#2613 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

These worked perfectly. [quoted image]

Headin to my shop right now. Thx again!!

#2614 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Headin to my shop right now. Thx again!!

Nut driver won’t have enough clearance. Have to use flathead screwdriver

#2615 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Does anyone else think it is odd that Pinstadium is pimping their products for the Premiums and LEs? Why on earth would anyone want to put those things in a game with Expression lighting? Especially when the Pinstadiums will basically block the view of the expression lighting from the players perspective.

Nothing stops Pinstadiums pimping their products. And their fans are so brainwashed, they probably buy them for LZ also.

#2616 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Anyone airballing off the center ramp into the plastic panel (hitting Bonham in the neck)?

Yup! Nice clean fast shot and BRICK. Not every time, but often enough to make me take notice. Pitch is pretty standard maybe around 7.

Haven’t had time to mess with it yet but that’s the one issue I’ve been having.

First thought is perhaps it’s hitting the clear plastic guard at the top of the ramp (which perhaps sits too low) and that needs to be raised with a couple washers or a little bend.

If you find a fix LMK! I’ll do the same cheers.

#2617 3 years ago

Dupe post

#2618 3 years ago

I’m having the shot brick maybe 1 out of 5 shots or so. And I’m at 7.1. I think it’s hitting the clear plastic as well.

#2619 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I’m having the shot brick maybe 1 out of 5 shots or so. And I’m at 7.1. I think it’s hitting the clear plastic as well.

That’s about my percentage too. Gotta be that clear plastic!

#2620 3 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Anyone having an issue with electric magic raising and lowering? Mine gets stuck periodically, maybe once a game. Wondering if a solution was found.

Mine was sticking and wouldn’t come up, the unit was off center on the opening. I removed the top and rotated it 180 degrees, problem solved!

1BA9761F-17E6-47C8-9AD5-87F87DE6B0D7 (resized).jpeg1BA9761F-17E6-47C8-9AD5-87F87DE6B0D7 (resized).jpeg
#2621 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

Mine was sticking and wouldn’t come up, the unit was off center on the opening. I removed the top and rotated it 180 degrees, problem solved![quoted image]

I was just about to post about this issue. Mine is doing the same thing. It gets jammed in the down position but sits high enough to cause damaging air balls. Going to try your fix. Thank you!

#2622 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I had the thought of putting a drumstick in the empty space on right side of shooter lane above plastics? I was going to have it read John Bonham 1962-1980.

Correction 1948 - 1980

#2623 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

They are an overpriced unnecessary money grab... even before various mobs started running the added lighting features. The price they charge for a freaking led strip with a few wires integrated is a joke. Of course they are going to keep pushing their product... and there are few suckers left that will still buy them unfortunately.

Even my older games which some would consider darker have a couple of spotlights added to brighten it up.... $20 fixed.

#2624 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Both sides of mine stripped out the first time i removed the lock bar. I filled the holes with a couple of toothpicks and some wood glue. Not sure what type of wood they're using in the cabinet but it didnt seem too good for screws.

#2625 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Both sides of mine stripped out the first time i removed the lock bar. I filled the holes with a couple of toothpicks and some wood glue. Not sure what type of wood they're using in the cabinet but it didnt seem too good for screws.

I think its prob they just tightened too much, and stripped holes. They need to turn down those impact drivers

#2626 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think its prob they just tightened too much, and stripped holes. They need to turn down those impact drivers

As much force is on those brackets. The larger screws are definitely a needed upgrade.

#2627 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

As much force is on those brackets. The larger screws are definitely a needed upgrade.

Very true. Great lineup you have. I've had same except acdc pro, would like to find a luci

#2628 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Very true. Great lineup you have. I've had same except acdc pro, would like to find a luci

Luci is nice on the eyes! Lol.

#2629 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

Mine was sticking and wouldn’t come up, the unit was off center on the opening. I removed the top and rotated it 180 degrees, problem solved![quoted image]

To level that center mech (the top part) there are 3 nuts you need to loosen underneath the playfield on the front side of the mech. Then you loosen or tighten the bottom (single) screw as necessary. screw the nuts back down and GTG.
The top plastic piece and metal outer piece can then be tightened or loosened to get it leveled even better. (they both have 4 rubber grommet things that help with this.)

My plastic piece was missing one so I just used two in the front and leveled the back really well with the previous method. I leveled the front of the plastic piece with the rubber grommets by tightening the top front two phillips screws just enough to where it was flush.

It's the same with the bottom black portion. Loosen the 3 nuts on the BACK of the mech and move the motor arm up/down. tighten the nuts and tighten/loosen the TWO screws for that portion.

The back will always be slightly higher than the front (because of playfield slope) so try get the best average btwn the two to keep the ball from getting hung up.

#2630 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yes, found three of the four latch fasteners holes stripped on my game a few weeks ago. Repaired the holes and it is fine now. I checked all the other fasteners in the lower cabinet and they were fine. There was a Stern game a number of years ago that had a similar problem for all the mechs under the playfield. Fasteners were dropping out of the playfield onto the floor of the cabinet. Can't recall the title of the game now, think it was a SAM system title. This sort of thing can happen on occasion.

#2631 3 years ago

Watched Rayday stream - wow, he is having a great influence on the coding for LZ.

Many different places to score big.

I did want a GnR over LZ, but it's the other way round now.

All due to code.

#2632 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Watched Rayday stream - wow, he is having a great influence on the coding for LZ.

Where? Is it archived anywhere?

#2634 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

. I filled the holes with a couple of toothpicks and some wood glue

I typically use a small amount of gorilla glue. It is water activated so I get the area wet and apply a small amount. It's expansive capabilities really hold well and not much is needed. I would put a dab of GG glue in a stripped hole before I went out to the store to buy larger screws.

Was reading up on Bonhams life and I found it interesting how he passed away. Drinking over 40 shots of Vodka and then suffering from choking on his own vomit. I think I could take down 5 shots of Vodka before I would become incapacitated. I remember slamming a SOLO cup full of pure Vodka at a wedding as a dare once. I spent the entire night throwing up and had puke all over my rented tuxedo. I literally cannot fathom drinking over 40 shots of Vodka-that's is like an entire bottle? Mind boggling to me.

RIP John Bonham-the best drummer to ever live!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bonham

#2635 3 years ago

ULEK sent me some color swatches of what he can offer for flipper topper with drumstick. I am thinking blue with gold drumstick would look best, but also looked at pink with black drumstick and gold with black drumstick.

blue with gold.pngblue with gold.pnggold and black.pnggold and black.pngpink and black.jpgpink and black.jpg
#2636 3 years ago

I have a a LZ Pro and a few quick questions.

1. Anybody haveing an issue with the ball falling off the right ramp when it comes in too fast?

2. This is my first band new stern, how do I update the code? Is there a YT video?

#2637 3 years ago
Quoted from jpd632:

I have a a LZ Pro and a few quick questions.
1. Anybody haveing an issue with the ball falling off the right ramp when it comes in too fast?
2. This is my first band new stern, how do I update the code? Is there a YT video?

1. Download correct file from Stern, make sure if you have a pro you get the PRO code.
2. If file is a .zip file, extract the .zip and it will turn into two or three files that have very odd file extensions
3. Drag all 2-3 files with weird file extensions onto a FAT32 or maybe exFAT formatted usb drive, just sitting in the root directory (NOT in a folder). NTSF doesn't work I believe. A lot of usb drives you buy these days will be of the FAT variety as it is the more universal format. NTSF is more of a Windows specific thing, but windows works fine with FAT formatted drives.
4. With game turned off, plug the usb drive into the right-most USB drive near the center of the CPU board in the backbox.
5. Turn the game on, follow on screen instructions, accepting default settings and watch it update. Once you've used the buttons to start the update, make sure the coin door is CLOSED so the node boards can update.

#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

1. Download correct file from Stern, make sure if you have a pro you get the PRO code.
2. If file is a .zip file, extract the .zip and it will turn into two or three files that have very odd file extensions
3. Drag all 2-3 files with weird file extensions onto a FAT32 or maybe exFAT formatted usb drive, just sitting in the root directory (NOT in a folder). NTSF doesn't work I believe. A lot of usb drives you buy these days will be of the FAT variety as it is the more universal format. NTSF is more of a Windows specific thing, but windows works fine with FAT formatted drives.
4. With game turned off, plug the usb drive into the right-most USB drive near the center of the CPU board in the backbox.
5. Turn the game on, follow on screen instructions, accepting default settings and watch it update. Once you've used the buttons to start the update, make sure the coin door is CLOSED so the node boards can update.

i used the left usb port and left my coin door open ,I wonder if I need to do it again.shows updated code on display

#2639 3 years ago

#2640 3 years ago

Oops. Wrong one. It is funny tho

#2641 3 years ago

#2642 3 years ago

looks like what i did ,thanks

#2643 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I am not sure how they would work with the expression lighting, but in defense of the products themselves, they look fantastic on other games! I have installed hyperbeams on HOHLE and IM and the differences are night and day. In addition to brightening the playfield accenting colors of choice, the interactive hyperbeams give the machines an additional wow factor... Eventually, I am adding Neo Fusions to AIQ and thinking about adding to MET... even though it already has power blades installed. Sorry if this sounds like a plug for PS, but Scott has been great to work with so I felt like I should share my experienced opinion.

#2644 3 years ago

I want to add though Pinstadiums are expensive you know what they are in advance so you can take it or leave it. Also they support Pinsider and if you have a problem they take care of it-they are a good reputable dealer and an asset to Pinsider. I agree they shouldn't advertise for LZ because the factory light show is so great - kind of like putting hub caps on your mag wheels.

#2645 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yup! Nice clean fast shot and BRICK. Not every time, but often enough to make me take notice. Pitch is pretty standard maybe around 7.
Haven’t had time to mess with it yet but that’s the one issue I’ve been having.
First thought is perhaps it’s hitting the clear plastic guard at the top of the ramp (which perhaps sits too low) and that needs to be raised with a couple washers or a little bend.
If you find a fix LMK! I’ll do the same cheers.

Take a look at post #2146 I added some washers to the ramp plastic and it has helped this issue drastically for me.

#2646 3 years ago

Oooh, I had a 44M spinner rip today! How you ask? Super spinner running with a 10.2 Icarus X. One rip and I looked up and saw 44M. Hey Theguyoverthere , how hard would it be to add a high score table for best spinner rip? (or is it already in there?)

#2647 3 years ago

Oh baby, a little water slide decal followed up with some automotive clear coat.

20210223_181846 (resized).jpg20210223_181846 (resized).jpg20210223_182745 (resized).jpg20210223_182745 (resized).jpg
#2648 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Oooh, I had a 44M spinner rip today! How you ask? Super spinner running with a 10.2 Icarus X. One rip and I looked up and saw 44M. Hey theguyoverthere , how hard would it be to add a high score table for best spinner rip? (or is it already in there?)

I think this would be cool especially if it could be for score which is multiplier dependent and have another score that shows most revolutions for a rip. They may not happen on same spinner rip.

#2649 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Oooh, I had a 44M spinner rip today! How you ask? Super spinner running with a 10.2 Icarus X. One rip and I looked up and saw 44M. Hey theguyoverthere , how hard would it be to add a high score table for best spinner rip? (or is it already in there?)

I'm sorry, but you've been banned from further posts. Makin me look bad!!! Nice rip

#2650 3 years ago

So I was playing the crap out of this tonight but my spinner was rocking and then got stuck. I bent the little arm of the spinner on the right to straighten it. Was back to spinning great and about 200-300 spins later the damn thing is back to being stuck and bent. Anyone else having this problem and have a fix?

A09990AD-7328-4D48-86EE-A63FA8673773 (resized).jpegA09990AD-7328-4D48-86EE-A63FA8673773 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/53?hl=jpd632 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.