20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 193.
#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's right where I stuck my hermit, since it's dark over there and there's not much going on.

I was thinking all the album art they have on plastics is lit except there and tons of room under plastic. Would look good if lit up. LZ II and Physical Graffiti at that location.

#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Wow that's interesting.
I having been beating mine to hell and I have two tiny dents you can barely see on top of my EMS plastic and that is it so far. I think I may add some more lube this week just to keep the EMS spinning well-no issues yet. I waxed the pf with blitz and still waiting for better balls to arrive in the mail.

you getting ninja balls

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i have been noticing the recent led zepp reviews.according to some this excellent game is no fun.I disagree most bads are on pros but still.

I see those too, and one guy on here is selling his le. I think if youre not a lz fan you might not like this game. Same way I feel about Rick and morty. Never seen the show, and I've played the pin and didn't like it. Pretty sure ours is bolted down

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I was thinking all the album art they have on plastics is lit except there and tons of room under plastic. Would look good if lit up. LZ II and Physical Graffiti at that location.

Comet sells some nice extensions called their matrix. Be easy to tap off a gi and add a light there

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I see those too, and one guy on here is selling his le. I think if youre not a lz fan you might not like this game. Same way I feel about Rick and morty. Never seen the show, and I've played the pin and didn't like it. Pretty sure ours is bolted down

mine is a keeper

#2556 3 years ago

My game is bolted, don’t know how anyone can sell it before 1.0 code.

One of the best shooting games I’ve played in a while.

#2557 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah, but it's really small and you can barely make out what it is. You really don't even notice it unless you're right on top of it and looking at it. I considered that it was two great albums, but no other really good place for the hermit since I'm putting the Big Ben in the back corner.

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah, but it's really small and you can barely make out what it is. You really don't even notice it unless you're right on top of it and looking at it. I considered that it was two great albums, but no other really good place for the hermit since I'm putting the Big Ben in the back corner.

You don’t notice it because it’s a black hole, if it were lit you’d notice it! Lol

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It’s me selling, I won’t be hurt if it doesn’t sell as I enjoy it but my kids are not fans and either is my wife. She is cool if we keep it although we do play pins together multiple times a week. If she doesn’t want to play something it usually sells. Gnr she loves, LZ she just can’t get into so figured I’ll see what options are out there but I’ll be picky.

#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

It’s me selling, I won’t be hurt if it doesn’t sell as I enjoy it but my kids are not fans and either is my wife. She is cool if we keep it although we do play pins together multiple times a week. If she doesn’t want to play something it usually sells. Gnr she loves, LZ she just can’t get into so figured I’ll see what options are out there but I’ll be picky.

Good luck with sale. Like I said, it helps if youre a lz fan. Its a different style pin and not for everyone. You've put a very fair price on it.

#2561 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Comet sells some nice extensions called their matrix. Be easy to tap off a gi and add a light there

This would be ideal, just not sure what to tap into or how to get power to that spot, no holes to the bottom side and no GI nearby from what I can tell.

#2562 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This would be ideal, just not sure what to tap into or how to get power to that spot, no holes to the bottom side and no GI nearby from what I can tell.

You can buy extensions 12" long hook up as many as you want. I've added lights to lots of older pins this way.

#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You can buy extensions 12" long hook up as many as you want. I've added lights to lots of older pins this way.

I’ll take a look tomorrow to see how I can route a wire to that spot, kind of a odd spot between flipper and shooter lane. I think it would look good lit though.

beelzeboob what did you tap into for hermit and how did you get the wire there?

#2564 3 years ago

If anyone had only played a pro on location I could see someone having a bad experience.

I played in a tourney today and LZ pro was in the tourney. A lot of players were frustrated because they couldn't hit the shots. It was impossible to backhand the right ramp. The left flipper was slightly misaligned making looping the center ramp difficult. The game was also too steep. With three attempts allowed, I had the #1 score at only 230M.

Then I come home and my game just flows like butter. I told a friend who is a pretty good player he just needs to get a couple dozen games on it and the shots will start to come. If you can't make the shots on LZ you're really going to suffer. I know that's true of just about any pinball machine but with LZ, I feel it takes a little longer to learn the shots.

#2565 3 years ago

Yep, flipper alignment very important on this game. I could not right flipper right ramp even with glass off till I moved it

#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yep, flipper alignment very important on this game. I could not right flipper right ramp even with glass off till I moved it

What should the flipper alignment look like? I have not changed a thing from out of the box and I cannot backhand the right ramp. I have a pro if that matters.

#2567 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ll take a look tomorrow to see how I can route a wire to that spot, kind of a odd spot between flipper and shooter lane. I think it would look good lit though.
beelzeboob what did you tap into for hermit and how did you get the wire there?

There are NO holes anywhere around there. After much brainstorming about how to route the wire to the back of the playfield (under plastics? along the side rail?), I just decided the easiest option was best: Gorilla tape directly down the side to the underside of the playfield. Luckily, LZ has some of the best clearance on either side of the playfield, and the thin wire fits easily and is protected by the tape. You don't even see it.

#2568 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

What should the flipper alignment look like? I have not changed a thing from out of the box and I cannot backhand the right ramp. I have a pro if that matters.

See the alignment holes? You want hole centered on the tip of the flipper. In general, this will put the flipper bat in a straight line with the inlane guide.

20210212_232455 (resized).jpg20210212_232455 (resized).jpg
#2569 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

My right flipper was slightly behind center of index dot. I moved it forward just past center

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup, that fake brit is hard to listen to, wish we had a female option. I love the sound effects tho, think they are a huge plus for the game. Especially in communication breakdown when music kinda pauses, they really shine there.

Pinsound and change the callouts? Can this be done? I know nothing about how this stuff works.

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

you getting ninja balls

Getting some Silver Jets, had to buy 2-5 packs for the 6 balls.

Also @ Psw757-if you want to add some illumination to the side section plastic by the upper flipper-may reach out to Rob at Lermods. He makes a great LCD strip with small alligator clips that tap into the nearest GI outlet(very affordable). While you are at it-order the Hermit with Lit Lantern mod-it really pops and looks like it was there from factory.

While I was visiting ULEK's website yesterday I noticed he custom engraves drumsticks(cheap!) I had the thought of putting a drumstick in the empty space on right side of shooter lane above plastics? I was going to have it read John Bonham 1962-1980.
https://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/1871.htm

Custom Drumsticks from ULEK.jpgCustom Drumsticks from ULEK.jpg

#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Also @ Psw757-if you want to add some illumination to the side section plastic by the upper flipper-may reach out to Rob at Lermods. He makes a great LCD strip with small alligator clips that tap into the nearest GI outlet(very affordable).

You think a 3smd strip frosted cool white would be the way to go since there is no hole to mount a socket for bulb?

Ideally want it to match without having a hotspot.

#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You think a 3smd strip frosted cool white would be the way to go

Yes the strip would fit perfect and illuminate the entire section. I have already gone overboard adding the ramp, trough, backbox and extra spot. The modding madness does not seem to be slowing down yet? I still want the 3D speaker symbols, the flipper bats with drumsticks and now considering adding custom drumstick to side. I swear I am done after that

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes the strip would fit perfect and illuminate the entire section. I have already gone overboard adding the ramp, trough, backbox and extra spot. The modding madness does not seem to be slowing down yet? I still want the 3D speaker symbols, the flipper bats with drumsticks and now considering adding custom drumstick to side. I swear I am done after that

Yeah sure...until someone comes out with the next must have item! Lol

#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah sure...until someone comes out with the next must have item! Lol

I am having a love affair with my LZ? I am having so much fun playing, learning rule-set, and modding the shit out of it. I thought I had fun with Jurassic Park and now JP is collecting dust while I crack out on LZ. This honeymoon stage could go on for some time as my admiration and respect continues to grow. I may have to bust out the hammer drill, and epoxy to get this thing bolted to the floor

#2576 3 years ago

LZ IS NEVER LEAVING!

#2577 3 years ago

I’ll make a bold statement here because code isn’t mature yet but I think this could end up being Stern’s best rock pin to date.

#2578 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

LZ IS NEVER LEAVING!

If I make the custom drumsticks-I would only need 1 of them. The extra drumstick will be sent to drummermike at no charge because I like his name and Avatar

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If I make the custom drumsticks-I would only need 1 of them. The extra drumstick will be sent to drummermike at no charge because I like his name and Avatar

You can get actual JB sticks online. Not cheap though. Promuco from Amazon. $28.00.

#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ll make a bold statement

I was thinking about this the other day actually. I need some more time on LZ-Metallica is going to be difficult to de thrown for me(almost apples and oranges-I like both).

#2581 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

You can get actual JB sticks online.

I like the ability for custom engraving on them, I think the John Bonham 1948-1980 will add some respect and remembrance. Plus I want to support ULEK.

#2582 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was thinking about this the other day actually. I need some more time on LZ-Metallica is going to be difficult to de thrown for me(almost apples and oranges-I like both).

Metallica while good just wasn’t as fun of a shooter and I think ACDC is a closer comparison to LZ as far as style(SR) but LZ just is more fun period. ACDC could really use a mini wizard like mothership mb.

Iron Maiden has an interesting layout and fun to shoot but man is the music f’ing terrible. Shame to waste a good unique layout with music like that.

#2583 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Iron Maiden has an interesting layout and fun to shoot but man is the music f’ing terrible. Shame to waste a good unique layout with music like that.

I am still holding onto a sliver of hope that Stern will do a re-theme for IRMDN(The music is like nails on chalk board for me). Hell they could do a Van Halen or Def Leppard re-theme and I would buy sight unseen.

#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am still holding onto a sliver of hope that Stern will do a re-theme for IRMDN(The music is like nails on chalk board for me). Hell they could do a Van Halen or Def Leppard re-theme and I would buy sight unseen.

I’d be good with those.

#2585 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’d be good with those

Or give me a Black Sabbath re-theme while Ozzy is still around to be part of development?

Flip the layout?

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

After you finally install your pinwoofers, then you are done modding. Seriously, best mod for any pin by far, if you like to play loud

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

same with my Iron Maiden

#2588 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

same with my Iron Maiden

wasnt a big maiden fan but my game is fun and im not burnt out on the music like other bands because i didnt listen to it before.I actually like it now

#2589 3 years ago

#2 has landed!

F11A8054-35AF-425E-86B9-0A6A212C1A59 (resized).jpegF11A8054-35AF-425E-86B9-0A6A212C1A59 (resized).jpeg
#2590 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Metallica while good just wasn’t as fun of a shooter and I think ACDC is a closer comparison to LZ as far as style(SR) but LZ just is more fun period. ACDC could really use a mini wizard like mothership mb.

Totally disagree. Zeppelin in probably my favorite band of all time, but Maiden is SUCH better pinball music than Zep. The best hard Zep songs (Communication, Good Times, Immigrant) are also too damn short.

If anything, Maiden the pin got me more interested in Maiden's music.

#2591 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Totally disagree. Zeppelin in probably my favorite band of all time, but Maiden is SUCH better pinball music than Zep. The best hard Zep songs (Communication, Good Times, Immigrant) are also too damn short.

my Maiden and my zeppelin will be passed down to family when they haul my carcass out to pasture

#2592 3 years ago

Well I disagree too. Zeppelin music is perfect for pinball , probably the best I've owned and I've had em all except Beatles and primus. What I really like is when the music kinda slows in whole lotta love and you get to hear all the great sound effects they put in this pin. I can't call it a keeper yet, I've only put 200 games on it. But I'd bet its here years from now.

#2593 3 years ago

I laugh when people say this, all 10 the Zep songs are perfect Pinball songs and there were several more they could have used as well. All 10 are rockin toe tapping tunes man.

Maiden is just blah overall for me, the music that is. I shouldn’t have to try to get into something to enjoy.

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well I disagree too. Zeppelin music is perfect for pinball , probably the best I've owned and I've had em all except Beatles and primus. What I really like is when the music kinda slows in whole lotta love and you get to hear all the great sound effects they put in this pin. I can't call it a keeper yet, I've only put 200 games on it. But I'd bet its here years from now.

It’s nice to have those occasional slow moments to catch your breathe, shake the wrists out and take a look at what you need to do yet and then back to jammin out!

#2595 3 years ago

For those still wondering or holding out hope, I can 100% confirm there is no secret song at the final wizard mode (? Multiball). However, I'll say it's worth your time getting to that point in the game. I don't want to spoil too much, but I was very pleased with the experience from beginning to end with that mode.

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

i played 1 game of maiden at a friends house and knew I had to own it and I was no maiden fan I am now.I only saw Led Zepp on video and new I had to have 1.I am sure their are great games many people like I might not enjoy.Thank goodness we have so much to choose from

#2597 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s nice to have those occasional slow moments to catch your breathe, shake the wrists out and take a look at what you need to do yet and then back to jammin out!

if not for the slow moments I would never be fast enough to see the screen

#2598 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i played 1 game of maiden at a friends house and knew I had to own it and I was no maiden fan I am now.I only saw Led Zepp on video and new I had to have 1.I am sure their are great games many people like I might not enjoy.Thank goodness we have so much to choose from

Maiden was a great game, justvwasnt big fan of all the music. I'll own again im sure

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Maiden is the only game I ever bought at a pinball show -- and I didn't go in looking for a game. It's that good. Nerve racking going to a bank in Allentown and withdrawing 5K.

I'm keeping an eye on Zep threads. I was in on and LE, then out after gameplay. I want to see the rules shake out first. Not to say they're bad, but they're written by a tournament player for a tournament player so far and I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for.

Overall, yes: music wise, yes, if you don't like the band, you're probably not going to like the pin.

#2600 3 years ago

Quick question for Anyone with a premium or LE.
My electric magic spinner mechanism has 2 rods on the back side of it. I noticed a few times that these rods are coming up onto the playfield. Are there rods supposed to come up onto the playfield?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/52?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.