IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 193.
#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You can shoot my theory all to hell by reversing yours and see if it hangs differently, but if its working I wouldn't touch it. My decals are gettin pretty dinged up too, but not a big deal.

If I had a spare on hand I’d give it a try because it’s just odd.

Every other spinner I have in my collection hangs almost vertical.

#2452 3 years ago

Just joined the club bought a pro. Is anyone making side blades yet for it.

#2453 3 years ago
Quoted from palmettophoto:

That is exactly the way mine looks. When it grabs the ball and takes it underneath the playfield, I notice it straightens out to almost perfect perpendicular at the last second as it disappears. My spinner works with no problems.

Mine only tilts out a bit but it does go vertical when it retracts

#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Just joined the club bought a pro. Is anyone making side blades yet for it.

Buy the lit ones from Stern, you can thank me later.

#2455 3 years ago

I tried bending brackets- would eventually fail. Bending the arms of the spinner with a needle nose that someone described pages ago did the trick. Has to be right angle or less.

#2456 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

I tried bending brackets- would eventually fail. Bending the arms of the spinner with a needle nose that someone described pages ago did the trick. Has to be right angle or less.

Hold bottom of bracket with needle nosed pliers, and come in from top of bracket with normal pliers. Doesn't need much

#2457 3 years ago

When I reversed my spinner it now has bottom going toward the back. All my other spinners are leaning bottom forward. Works either way but it takes some hard hits if it is bottom forward. Did Pablo from Stern say why not to turn around the spinner?

I also fixed the Icarus. Cleaned it up and lubed. The top screw was loose. I put a piece of mylar over the target face to cover the groove caused by the metal piece that the ball hits to raise Icarus.

Anyone else hit the crossover from the left flipper? Happened so fast I do not know how that worked!

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i am having trouble downloading the newest code,i go on sternpinball.com go to lz le and hit download but cant get past pdf agreement.

Me also. You can just see the top of the next "button" to click on below the agreement. I clicked and it downloaded in 6 minutes. Could not open though. Got an error message. Not sure why the page will not scroll down. Will try again this weekend.

Added over 3 years ago:

Went to tool symbol on top right and changed zoom. Now all of screen is viewable.

#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Did Pablo from Stern say why not to turn around the spinner?

He didn’t really, I posed the question and said is it possible that they were installed backwards and didn’t think it was likely. Said engineering was looking into a fix.

I think I hit that shot once and was a hard carom off the rock targets.

I’ll one up you, have you hit right ramp from third flipper? I’ve seen it once and was ridiculous.

Clearly not an intended shot!

#2460 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

When I reversed my spinner it now has bottom going toward the back. All my other spinners are leaning bottom forward. Works either way but it takes some hard hits if it is bottom forward. Did Pablo from Stern say why not to turn around the spinner?
I also fixed the Icarus. Cleaned it up and lubed. The top screw was loose. I put a piece of mylar over the target face to cover the groove caused by the metal piece that the ball hits to raise Icarus.
Anyone else hit the crossover from the left flipper? Happened so fast I do not know how that worked!

If yours is leaning back now it seems like it was correct before. Did you have issues before you reversed it?

#2461 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If yours is leaning back now it seems like it was correct before. Did you have issues before you reversed it?

Worked great but I thought it would continue to bend the arms. Has not been stuck since I bent the side brackets.

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

He didn’t really, I posed the question and said is it possible that they were installed backwards and didn’t think it was likely. Said engineering was looking into a fix.
I think I hit that shot once and was a hard carom off the rock targets.
I’ll one up you, have you hit right ramp from third flipper? I’ve seen it once and was ridiculous.
Clearly not an intended shot!

OK. I will look for that shot. It looks possible but low %.

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

OK. I will look for that shot. It looks possible but low %.

It was an oddball for sure, I’ve only seen it completed once but I’ve had several that made it most of the way up the scoop but just not enough.

#2464 3 years ago

I have my LZ premium a week and have around 160 plays. Love it! Gets better every day.

#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This is mine in resting position and I haven’t messed with it.
I will say, the tilt of it is far more than any other spinner on any game I own. Looks odd.
[quoted image]

I have this same issue. I feel this is separate from the issue of separating the two pieces of metal that hold the spinner which was the source of the spinner not spinning well in the some games (the PDF that Stern release as well as the comment from Steve on FB addressed that issue). The issue you show I believe is due to this spinner having the center of gravity too close to the fulcrum. I can bend the spinner arms to fix it but it is very sensitive to often goes back to an unfavorable position as it gets bashed around. Sometimes mine even ends up being completely horizontal so it can't be hit at all. I've talked to Stern about this and they agreed to send me a new spinner but I don't have it yet.

#2466 3 years ago

I have had no spinner issues at all since "fixing" it before starting the first game (did pretty much exactly what the Stern bulletin eventually recommended: removed top, spread bracket, put a touch of silicone oil... been working flawlessly since and it spins for ages). I also don't avoid the EM at all like some suggested - pound the crap out of it every chance I get, actually.

I have had my GNR and LZ (both LEs) for long enough now that a clear favorite has emerged... I still love my GNR and it's here to stay, and the two could not be more different in feel and play so maybe comparing them is pointless, but for me this Stern is just a whole other level of fun. If I had to pick just one, the choice would be easy.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I have this same issue. I feel this is separate from the issue of separating the two pieces of metal that hold the spinner which was the source of the spinner not spinning well in the some games (the PDF that Stern release as well as the comment from Steve on FB addressed that issue). The issue you show I believe is due to this spinner having the center of gravity too close to the fulcrum. I can bend the spinner arms to fix it but it is very sensitive to often goes back to an unfavorable position as it gets bashed around. Sometimes mine even ends up being completely horizontal so it can't be hit at all. I've talked to Stern about this and they agreed to send me a new spinner but I don't have it yet.

Can’t really tell if spinner arms are bent or mangled but maybe I will remove the top plastic to have a look later. Hard to tell as is.

Interesting theory and unless Stern uses heavier gauge wire or changes the balancing to counter this, we can have all the spares we want but it will not sit correctly.

#2468 3 years ago

I think biggest issue is bending the wire. Loses all its tensile strength, and will eventually just break off. This is the only time I've ever had a spinner issue, some games I've had were 40 yrs old.

#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I thought about that and what about front mounting with just double sticky tape? Some reflective turquoise blue mirror phenolic?
[quoted image]

Here's a few pics of what they look like with the 5.25" Stern Speaker Plates and 5.25" Kenwood Speakers w/the Silver Woofer Cone (LOVE the reflective effect they add!).

I'll try to knock something out this weekend that goes in front of the Grills if these don't have enough definition/visibility for some Folks.

Just let me know what you think.

IMG_3217 (resized).JPGIMG_3217 (resized).JPGIMG_3219 (resized).JPGIMG_3219 (resized).JPGIMG_3220 (resized).JPGIMG_3220 (resized).JPGIMG_3222 (resized).JPGIMG_3222 (resized).JPGIMG_3223 (resized).JPGIMG_3223 (resized).JPGIMG_3225 (resized).JPGIMG_3225 (resized).JPGIMG_3228 (resized).JPGIMG_3228 (resized).JPGIMG_3229 (resized).JPGIMG_3229 (resized).JPGIMG_3230 (resized).JPGIMG_3230 (resized).JPG
#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can’t really tell if spinner arms are bent or mangled but maybe I will remove the top plastic to have a look later. Hard to tell as is.
Interesting theory and unless Stern uses heavier gauge wire or changes the balancing to counter this, we can have all the spares we want but it will not sit correctly.

Agree. The spinner may need to be beefier.

The EM spinner is heavier than the Icarus spinner. Maybe not enough though.

#2471 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This is mine in resting position and I haven’t messed with it.
I will say, the tilt of it is far more than any other spinner on any game I own. Looks odd.
[quoted image]

That's exactly how mine was and it started to get banged up so I did the 180 flip and it sits much better now.

20210218_121352 (resized).jpg20210218_121352 (resized).jpg
#2472 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

That's exactly how mine was and it started to get banged up so I did the 180 flip and it sits much better now.
[quoted image]

Mine sits like this also after I flipped my spinner.

#2473 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine only tilts out a bit but it does go vertical when it retracts

i flipped mine have not had a problem yet,my pinwoofer kit sounds great I am told you can hear it in the house from my detached garage.tommorow it comes in the house lets see if they can hear it then.very fun game.hermit looks cool.glad I have this machine

#2474 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

I'll try to knock something out this weekend that goes in front of the Grills if these don't have enough definition/visibility for some Folks.

Yes I really like them and will mount mine in front with double sticky tape-I want blue that matches the blue t-mold. The other idea I had since mounting in front will give it more definition is having it be larger and in square format to match entire rectangular speaker? I might like the circular ones better? I asked my wife what she thought and she said they are hard to see behind grill-I tend to agree. Let me know when ready (;

#2475 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think biggest issue is bending the wire. Loses all its tensile strength, and will eventually just break off. This is the only time I've ever had a spinner issue, some games I've had were 40 yrs old.

thank you for all the great info on this machine

#2476 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Me also. You can just see the top of the next "button" to click on below the agreement. I clicked and it downloaded in 6 minutes. Could not open though. Got an error message. Not sure why the page will not scroll down. Will try again this weekend.

i tried and your right it doesnt scroll down enough,but i got it on my stick lets see if it works.thanks

#2477 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

[quoted image]

What's going on here?

temp pin (resized).jpgtemp pin (resized).jpg
#2478 3 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Anyone's upper control gate occasionally slow down/impede the ball slightly when shooting the right orbit? It's almost like the ball hits something and it slows it enough that it doesn't make it to the lock scoop. Since the coil opens the gate coming from that direction, I don't think it has anything to do with timing of gate activation. I've even theorized that the ball is getting slightly airborne on some shots and hitting the mechanism or bracket. Any thoughts/anyone else experiencing?
Love this game!

Just refreshing this - anyone having issues here?

#2479 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

What's going on here?
[quoted image]

That's weird because it looks fine in person. Just like the art work!!!!

#2480 3 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Just refreshing this - anyone having issues here?

Mine does , just thought it was in the scoring, maybe not enough shots to open lock?

#2481 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine does , just thought it was in the scoring, maybe not enough shots to open lock?

I thought that too at first, even though it seemed clunky. However, it has happened to me at times when the lock is clearly qualified and that shot should be open (e.g. EM multiball when you are trying to lock additional balls before starting the multiball). Also, I can't figure out mechanically how it would offer resistance in that direction...if the coil activates it should open, and if the coilnisnt activated it should be free flowing that way.

#2482 3 years ago

Just bought the stern elusion side blades. You were right only way to go for the pro. Thanking you again for suggestion. Sold out at stern but nitro pinball still had them.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2483 3 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Just bought the stern elusion side blades. You were right only way to go for the pro. Thanking you again for suggestion. Sold out at stern but nitro pinball still had them.

Pricey but smart move if your planning on keeping it. The lightshow adds a ton to the overall vibe of the game.

#2484 3 years ago

Has anyone experienced the crackling sound for call-outs and sound effects at high volumes? (55+) I really like the call-outs and sounds but may have to turn way down and I don't want to have to do that. Running stock speakers and the decibel level is more than I need for the music but call-outs are sounding crackly? Wondering if a software thing?(I have zero interest in tapping into my CPU to add anything).

#2485 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i tried and your right it doesnt scroll down enough,but i got it on my stick lets see if it works.thanks

How long did it take to download?

#2486 3 years ago

What's up with the shooter knobs? Anyone get one yet? Any dealers stocking yet?

#2487 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Has anyone experienced the crackling sound for call-outs and sound effects at high volumes? (55+) I really like the call-outs and sounds but may have to turn way down and I don't want to have to do that. Running stock speakers and the decibel level is more than I need for the music but call-outs are sounding crackly? Wondering if a software thing?(I have zero interest in tapping into my CPU to add anything).

I upgraded my front speakers to these. It makes a big difference. I also reused the stock speakers on my Elvira and she sounds so much better now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NWWM6SB

#2488 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I upgraded my front speakers to these

The mid and treble levels are great for music but I think something is off with sound level for call-outs and sound effects(especially sound effects). I actually want to turn up my attenuation but want to be able to adjust volume separately or have a future code update to address?

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I spent some time tweaking the stock speakers and eq yesterday. I started with @hayfarmers suggested pattern on the eq but further optimized.

I faded the speakers so only the backbox speakers were playing and I adjusted until they sounded good and I was actually able to get them to sound pretty good and much fuller sound. The second to filter up to the fourth I think is 500 hz need to be set a little higher than the typical V shape.

After these were set to my liking I faded to the cabinet speaker which was a little tougher to do because when standing at the playing position you can’t quite hear the small changes so you need to almost sit at the coin door and adjust so you can hear the down firing speaker better. Again, I was able to get a fuller not as mushy sound by further adjusting.

I’m also running a Polk 10” sub so you may want to turn the sub off while optimizing and then slowly bring it back in to the sound field.

I’ve settled at -10 attenuation for music and I think I’m at -4 for callouts and depending on the mood I jam anywhere from volume 10-25.

Hope this helps, I think it sounds good. Just takes lots of tweaking and everyone’s ear is different.

#2490 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What's up with the shooter knobs? Anyone get one yet? Any dealers stocking yet?

My distro told me hopefully end of month for all accessories.

I was thinking about ordering the black flipper toppers from cointaker and they no longer even show them on the site. You think they were asked to stop selling?

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The mid and treble levels are great for music but I think something is off with sound level for call-outs and sound effects(especially sound effects). I actually want to turn up my attenuation but want to be able to adjust volume separately or have a future code update to address?

I had more of a problem with BKSOR. Steve Richie voice is very bassy. The power rate on the new speakers is 350w and it definitely helps with pops and crackling. I don't have my game up to 55 more like 42. I can try it out at 55 and let you know if I get any pops or crackling.

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Why are you against tapping into the cpu? Have you had issues in the past? I haven't heard of any, but haven't been looking for any topics related to this. I don't know if it would solve your sound issue, but just curious if you've had a cpu failure, I know they are not cheap to replace. Thx,,,

#2493 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

How long did it take to download?

i wasnt paying attention but about 10 minutes

#2494 3 years ago

This has been said before but if you can't consistently back hand to the right ramp check your right flipper and see if it is aligned with the little alignment hole. Mine was just slightly too low from the factory. 'Adjusted and this pin ROCKS!..even more.

#2495 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

This has been said before but if you can't consistently back hand to the right ramp check your right flipper and see if it is aligned with the little alignment hole. Mine was just slightly too low from the factory. 'Adjusted and this pin ROCKS!..even more.

Yep. Mine was same, now its fairly easy. It did take me a bit to get left eject figured out after I changed tho

#2496 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My distro told me hopefully end of month for all accessories.
I was thinking about ordering the black flipper toppers from cointaker and they no longer even show them on the site. You think they were asked to stop selling?

Would not surprise me if they were given a cease and desist order. But I could be wrong.

#2497 3 years ago

There are some yellow flipper toppers on ebay, maybe he can do diff colors

#2498 3 years ago

Anyone having an issue with electric magic raising and lowering? Mine gets stuck periodically, maybe once a game. Wondering if a solution was found.

#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i wasnt paying attention but about 10 minutes

OK. Did the install work?

#2500 3 years ago

I have downloaded the files for LZ premium update. Is it necessary to open the files or just copy them to the thumb drive? If I need to open the files, what software is needed to open a SPK file? Why are there 3 files, apparently with the same name?

Led Zeppelin (resized).PNGLed Zeppelin (resized).PNG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, KS
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/50?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.