IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 193.
#202 3 years ago

If you haven't yet, listen to this. Game has a lot of new ideas. Let's give it a chance .

#203 3 years ago

We use to joke on pinside, “$10,000 by Christmas.” We’re going to have to update that saying

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

We use to joke on pinside, “$10,000 by Christmas.” We’re going to have to update that saying

That's what we'll say about the bad games falling in value to.

#205 3 years ago

I'm very disappointed, was really looking forward to this game coming out. Congrats to everyone that likes it, but I just can't dish out that kind off dow for this thing looking at what JJP did with Guns and Roses. Wish JJP got the license for Zed.

#206 3 years ago

Waited on LZ release to decide on whether to get a GnRle or LZle. Still can’t decide so I ordered both. Now I need to sell some pins from my collection. Anyone interested in a Munster LE with 75 games?

Just need Queen LE to come out in 2021 and a Beastie Boys in 2022 and all will be right with the world.

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

JJP games are already past that mark.

Don’t worry LZ LE owners. You’ll have your games before JJP CEs come out.

#208 3 years ago

I find it funny people are backing out of Zeppelin LE models they had secured. I’m calling BS. Anyone who had and also can afford to grab an LE would do it. Worse case if the game or artwork was horrifying to you. At the very least, you could play the shit out of the game until next summer maybe longer. And still get what you paid for it nib. Everyone bashing Stern and Steve Ritchie. I honestly can say that they don’t give a rats ass about what you think or how disappointed you are about the release. End of the day. They are smiling. I mean really smiling!!

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Has anyone tried to use the Klipsch R-125W 12" on any of their pins?
I have the 10" Polk on some of mine but thinking LZ may deserve more juice?
Oh snap just read that Best Buy has a 400W 15"-this could get dangerous [quoted image]

I have a Klipsch R-12 SW on my JP...I'm putting the other on my Guns N Roses.

I upgraded my home theater to two of the newer 15" SPL 150 SW's, so the 12" s had to go somewhere...2 birds 1 stone that was my rationale anyways

The 12 sounds amazing on JP, using Pinnovators Sub Out Kit

Don't have a photo handy of my JP, but here is my lonely sub waiting for it's GnR daddy...

Also, what I put in the theater see below... You can put these on your pin, but they would be way way waaaaaay overkill, hell the 12 is overkill... Probably wouldn't fit under either
20201110_205259 (resized).jpg20201110_205259 (resized).jpg

20201110_211628 (resized).jpg20201110_211628 (resized).jpg

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

LZ makes me want to choke on my on vomit

Please do that.

#211 3 years ago

Ok just finished purchasing a Popeye .. I think it has better artwork then the LZ LE , might pass on this one

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'm very disappointed, was really looking forward to this game coming out. Congrats to everyone that likes it, but I just can't dish out that kind off dow for this thing looking at what JJP did with Guns and Roses. Wish JJP got the license for Zed.

Take your JJP/GNR fanboy BS comments to those threads. You need to reread the title...this is an LE owners thread. We don’t care about your love affair with JJP/GNR.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok just finished purchasing a Popeye .. I think it has better artwork then the LZ LE , might pass on this one

Stop the BS, you were always going to pass on this one. LZ artwork on the 3 Stern LZ machines have been well known and liked for over 50 years. If you don’t like the artwork, you’re not a true LZ fan from the beginning.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Wish JJP got the license for Zed.

zed.gifzed.gif
#215 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I upgraded my home theater to two of the newer 15" SPL 150 SW's, so the 12" s had to go somewhere...2 birds 1 stone that was my rationale anyways
Don't have a photo handy of my JP, but here is my lonely sub waiting for it's GnR daddy...
Also, what I put in the theater see below... You can put these on your pin, but they would be way way waaaaaay overkill, hell the 12 is overkill... Probably wouldn't fit under either[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why are you posting about GNR in an LZ owners thread???

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Also, what I put in the theater see below... You can put these on your pin, but they would be way way waaaaaay overkill, hell the 12 is overkill... Probably wouldn't fit under either[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you really have visible floor led strips?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#217 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Why are you posting about GNR in an LZ owners thread???

I'm not...someone asked about the subwoofer for his LZ, I had the one he's talking about...look at the post I quoted

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from smedium75:

Do you really have visible floor led strips?

Yep, for the movie theater floor guide light effect only.. I had the house lights on for the pic...They look great with the lights off which is most of the time. Quite common in movie theaters.. They aren't just bare strips, they are sealed in smokey plastic/ aluminum floor channels

#219 3 years ago

After covid, Zepp is gonna rake in the coin on location.
Hope my local location gets a copy.

#220 3 years ago

I did purchase a Led LE today. I don't think it looks as good as the Guns/Roses that JJP is doing, but I strongly prefer Led's music.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

After covid, Zepp is gonna rake in the coin on location.
Hope my local location gets a copy.

I don’t think so. Typically hipsters in their 20’s and early 30’s don’t connect with LZ overall. This game skews older than recent releases. Look at the get off my lawn 55 year olds posting here.

#222 3 years ago

I have several friends who own record stores in socal, and they cant keep Zepp lp,s in stock. It's the kids buying them. Zepp , Sabbath, Rush, any vintage pressing goes right out the door. Even the expensive represses.
Zepp still sells.
Don't underestimate all the younger generation, alot have decent taste.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I have several friends who own record stores in socal, and they cant keep Zepp lp,s in stock. It's the kids buying them. Zepp , sabbath rush, any vintage pressing goes right out the door. Even the expensive represses.
Zepp still sells.
Don't underestimate all the younger generation, alot have decent taste.

Interesting. Maybe it’s a LA thing?

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don’t think so. Typically hipsters in their 20’s and early 30’s don’t connect with LZ overall. This game skews older than recent releases. Look at the get off my lawn 55 year olds posting here.

I’ve seen enough of your posts to understand that you would drop your panties for a Taylor Swift Jjp machine.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I’ve seen enough of your posts to understand that you would drop your panties for a Taylor Swift Jjp machine.

I’ve have owned one JJP machine out of 40+. So no, you are misinformed. Again.

#226 3 years ago

No it's the difference between pop fans, who are shallow, mindless, followers of what's hip. They dont follow artists careers, they're just on to the next soulless trend.

Rock fans are loyal to the genre and artists. They go to concerts, they know the history, and bands that inspired thier band.
Look at Iron Maidens last Tour , 40 years on and it's the biggest tour of thier career, half the audience was under 35 , hell I'd say at the LA gig 20% was under 19.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

No it's the difference between pop fans, who are shallow, mindless, followers of what's hip. They dont follow artists careers, they're just on to the next soulless trend.
Rock fans are loyal to the genre and artists. They go to concerts, they know the history, and bands that inspired thier band.
Look at Iron Maidens last Tour , 40 years on and it's the biggest tour of thier career, half the audience was under 35 , hell I'd say at the LA gig 20% was under 19.

I get that. Still looking for the young “rock” fans that don’t reside on the coasts. Haven’t seen much.

#228 3 years ago

Had my order in for LE last Friday. Verified I am in the lucky 500. Super pumped to get in on the LE, I might even pass if it was another model. The Premium looks like the old generic food isle at the grocery store, they forgot to add color to the cabinet.

I have had a GnRLE on order since 2 days after release and looking like I won't get it for months after my LZ. Was told to expect LZLE shipment around Mid January. Gives me plenty of time to get the Led out before wanting to bash my head in with the complexity of Gibson multi balls. Now just need a TOOL pin to get in the works.

#229 3 years ago

I’m torn .I purchased my first 3 pins this year starting in April and have a GnR LE deposit in .I have to get my youngest his grail DP prem (used) as I already got my oldest his grail family guy .I can’t sell our WOZRR because my wife loves it and she’s the key in all this .My grail pin would be a Motley Crue pin but I settled for IMDN prem and truly believe there’s no better pin to learn pinball (I’ve probly played about 100 different pins this year we have a Awsome pincade by our summer camper ).IMDN is like my third kid and was voted Sterns best for a reason ! That being said that’s 5 which is what I agreed to a limit with the boss lady .Then comes this and I have to have it ! What is a pinhead to do in this situation ? So many needs ,so little room !

#230 3 years ago

My LE order was confirmed today - I was just outside a guaranteed spot list on Sunday, so some people must have bailed.

Fine by me... more Zeppelin and Ritchie goodness for yours truly.

#231 3 years ago

Steve Ritchie games are always fast and fun, no matter the theme, I think this will be a long term seller like Metallica.
I like the pro and premium art, and I bet the LE will look alot better in person.
I thought the Deadpool art was hideous in the photo's.
But when I finally got to see one at Banning and California Extreme, I thought it was great in person.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hope someone is home to help you when you do

I’ll hose him down .
I have a high pressure washer. And proper PPE!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#233 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stop the BS, you were always going to pass on this one. LZ artwork on the 3 Stern LZ machines have been well known and liked for over 50 years. If you don’t like the artwork, you’re not a true LZ fan from the beginning.

Actually I’m a huge lz fan but the cabinet looks so cheaply done , it’s repeated on every side looks like a Coke can . They could have done better

Look at Beatles pin , now lz
Pin

819AB12E-5029-4D4F-8EA5-566B5CCDCADC (resized).jpeg819AB12E-5029-4D4F-8EA5-566B5CCDCADC (resized).jpegC3DBDAF7-53C5-4F9B-AB3C-EAEE66B9B9AB (resized).pngC3DBDAF7-53C5-4F9B-AB3C-EAEE66B9B9AB (resized).png
#234 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Actually I’m a huge lz fan but the cabinet looks so cheaply done , it’s repeated on every side looks like a Coke can . They could have done better
Pin [quoted image][quoted image]

Ugh I may end up ordering one anyways

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

AMEN!!!!!!

#236 3 years ago

Glad to see people cancel their orders based on artwork. I completely get that since I cancel my artwork orders based on how they play.

Still in on my LE, still pumped, never bailing.

#237 3 years ago

I did all night looking at those pictures. Now I I have to get my eyes checked out from being exposed to the worst art packages ever on a pinball

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hope there is a stairway song clip somewhere

If you win it should play the rockin end part of stairway!
I think the boys from LZ wanted to put stairway to bed for a bit though. They just got through mega copyright battles.

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Glad to see people cancel their orders based on artwork. I completely get that since I cancel my artwork orders based on how they play.
Still in on my LE, still pumped, never bailing.

You still have the worlds most amazing spinner!

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Pin [quoted image][quoted image]

Well on that comparison, we agree. I like Beatles art package better too. Not really a fan of 10 naked Ikarus all over the machine, lol. Overall, still like the LE, maybe will put clothes on Ikarus. It was a bold decision by Stern to go with that art package, which seems to have a bunch of people up in arms. Think if Franchi would have done it, it would be so much better, like Beatles.

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well on that comparison, we agree. I like Beatles art package better too. Not really a fan of 10 naked Ikarus all over the machine, lol. Overall, still like the LE, maybe will put cloths on Ikarus.

Honestly the side art would be great if the translite was more interesting.

#242 3 years ago

Who is ordering shooter rod and topper? I am not a topper guy so I will probably pass but the shooter looks kinda cool? Other thing I am worried about is if I do not purchase one now, history shows they tend to sell out and become hard to find later.

Thoughts?

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Who is ordering shooter rod and topper? I am not a topper guy so I will probably pass but the shooter looks kinda cool? Other thing I am worried about is if I do not purchase one now, history shows they tend to sell out and become hard to find later.
Thoughts?

I'm not big on bulky shooter rods. I like the topper and will probably get one but I haven't seem them for sale yet and don't even know how much they cost.

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I find it funny people are backing out of Zeppelin LE models they had secured. I’m calling BS. Anyone who had and also can afford to grab an LE would do it.

Why? - The LE doesn't offer anything over the premium that you can't add after purchase besides artwork
so if you don't like the LE art, I can 100% see just getting a premium
There is just no FOMO with not getting a Stern LE

JJP on the other hand actually did a good job this go around with creating a substantial difference for CE buyers that LE buyers can recreate.

With all being said, I grew up with LZ and I am really looking forward to playing this pin!!!!!
But they really went off track with the LE colors/art on this one

#245 3 years ago

Did they really commit to 600 LEs?

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Did they really commit to 600 LEs?

500 last I heard. The LE is begging for an Electric Magic alt translite or something similar.

201008182133423532 (resized).jpg201008182133423532 (resized).jpgc995cf11733395.560fc63115448 (resized).pngc995cf11733395.560fc63115448 (resized).png
#247 3 years ago

It looks like im in the minority on liking the LE artwork. I'm surprised no one has commented on the playfield art resembling Bally Rolling Stones (which isn't a bad thing). they nailed the 70's vibe.
Ill be passing on the shooter knob and topper- In general i don't like adding mods to my games.

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

It looks like im in the minority on liking the LE artwork

I love it and when my wife saw it she said "WOW that is awesome!"

Remember you can't play art-but when the whole package comes together it makes for a masterpiece

#249 3 years ago

My rough mock up - Thinking of Black powder coat with gold flake. Im ok with the Blue but I likeTrim with a lot of contrast to the cabinet art.

Stern LE Black Legs (resized).jpgStern LE Black Legs (resized).jpg
#250 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

- Thinking of Black powder coat with gold flake

I like the Blue, but think orange and brass plating would be the best looking. If someone could do a mock up for comparison?

Really think brass would look good with the gold accents, would also need the gold t-molding as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

5,699 (OBO)
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.