IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 193.
#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So “?” Does not equal new song

Has anyone tried it to find out?

If it’s the same stuff rehashed a 4th or 5th way that would be a major short coming in my opinion.

#2302 3 years ago

#39 is only 1 hour away they say they can deliver friday,I want to pickup today waiting to see if its accesible for me to pickup.we will see.only other issue is how to get the pallet off my truck so i can assemble.

#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

#39 is only 1 hour away they say they can deliver friday,I want to pickup today waiting to see if its accesible for me to pickup.we will see.only other issue is how to get the pallet off my truck so i can assemble.

Take it off pallet and lay it on its side in the box. Its marked which way is ok to lay down. I couldn't stand it to know it was so close!!

#2304 3 years ago

Would this be the first Rock Pin with a final wizard mode Not featuring a unique song?

#2305 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Would this be the first Rock Pin with a final wizard mode Not featuring a unique song?

So did someone confirm this or did you play it and are saying there is nothing to see?

I haven’t heard anyone claim they’ve played the mode yet.

#2306 3 years ago

No but I was assume they would announce an additional song in the wizard mode if they added it.

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

No but I was assume they would announce an additional song in the wizard mode if they added it.

Not necessarily, they really don’t need to announce anything of the sort as a marketing ploy.
Take the glass off and report back, I’m sure many would like to know what is so special that Tim hyped the shit out of on all the initial podcasts.

#2308 3 years ago

Got mine today.

I normally need a second person to get the hand truck on wheels after I make the stupid 90 degree turn in my tight hallway to the basement.

Being clever, I thought if I removed the head I could do it myself. LOL nope.

I was texting with a local buddy about it and he just happened to be passing through on his way home from work. HUGE cheers to Flash71 for the assist! When they say Buffalo is the city of good neighbors they are not fucking around!

Can’t wait to finish up work and shred tonight!
76FBC446-A093-485C-BA23-B933053BC6CC (resized).jpeg76FBC446-A093-485C-BA23-B933053BC6CC (resized).jpeg

#2309 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Take it off pallet and lay it on its side in the box. Its marked which way is ok to lay down. I couldn't stand it to know it was so close!!

they wont let me pickup until tommorow between 2 and 5 so I will be there at 2

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

they wont let me pickup until tommorow between 2 and 5 so I will be there at 2

as if I wasnt excited enough I have been happy to follow this great thread and hear all the great advice and insights as well as so many good photos and tips.good group LZ people

#2311 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

as if I wasnt excited enough I have been happy to follow this great thread and hear all the great advice and insights as well as so many good photos and tips.good group LZ people

Dang, how will you sleep tonight?

#2312 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Dang, how will you sleep tonight?

just like christmas eve when i was a child i guess

#2313 3 years ago

I emailed stern last week about spinner and plastic piece getting dented, was happy to recieve today a new spinner, set of decals, and new em top plastic. Also got a stern key lanyard. Spinner measures the same, has wire running thru in same spot. I didn't weigh because since I turned mine 180°, it has worked flawlessly, and I'm not gonna take it off. If its not a fix, at least for now I have a replacement.

#2314 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

just like christmas eve when i was a child i guess

As Jimmy Buffett says “growing older but not up” we are!

#2315 3 years ago

If nobody is going to pop the glass to satisfy all the inquiring minds on the super secret “?” mode anyone have Pinball browser to take a peek to see if there are any hidden nuggets?

#2316 3 years ago

Got a few games in on the new code. I like the new "jingling" sound to let you know when you have made it to 5 gold records. Getting to Platinum is now slightly easier. I made it to Mothership MB for the first time, but I got way too excited and started bricking every shot, drained out and scored only 5.5 million from the mode. The graphics on the screen at the beginning of Mothership were incredible.

Anyway, I just got my 2nd best score at 801M.

#2317 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I dont have it yet and it already has 3,000 miles on it.its been like waiting on ketchup to come out old style of course not the squeeze

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Got a few games in on the new code. I like the new "jingling" sound to let you know when you have made it to 5 gold records. Getting to Platinum is now slightly easier. I made it to Mothership MB for the first time, but I got way too excited and started bricking every shot, drained out and scored only 5.5 million from the mode. The graphics on the screen at the beginning of Mothership were incredible.

dang thats a bunch of points

#2319 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I dont have it yet and it already has 3,000 miles on it.its been like waiting on ketchup to come out old style of course not the squeeze

Its worth the wait, you ordered pinwoofers didn't ya? I'd play a few stock, then take a few minutes to install and hear the diff.

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its worth the wait, you ordered pinwoofers didn't ya? I'd play a few stock, then take a few minutes to install and hear the diff.

yes pinwoofers here and some mods,pinwoofers came in about 3 days now thats fast. got the hermit .I like the clock tower too but it wasnt available yet when i was shopping but I see it is now.I think i am ready to play day 1 got to see if i can find some pants for the icarus maybe

#2321 3 years ago

The rgb light for ramp from lermods looks good too.

#2322 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

What was the mode like and how were graphics during the actual mode?

#2323 3 years ago

Just got a prem. Whoa. I had some initial judgement on this game prior to it arriving. Playfield in the pictures felt lacking. Not the case, seems to have everything you’d expect.

I like how the music continues on after a ball drain. The music and callouts feel real good on this game. It feels like an experience with my external sub hooked up. A couple pin friends commented they werent much into LZ. Im not a die hard fan, but love good rock music. Glad to have a Steve Ritchie game in house, not a fan of Elwins games.

#2324 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yea, new code is much better. Just that little jingle made me like it 10 times more. Like I said in my earlier posts. It’s been like listening to lz and playing a fun shooting pin. Now they tell you that you beat the song and it switches to the next of you start a new ball. Might be a keeper after all

#2325 3 years ago

As ForwardToThePast said, turning around the spinner works. After I spread the brackets and re-bent the spinner, the spinner still got bent from taking hits. I took off the EM top and turned around the spinner. The bottom of the spinner now sits almost vertical. Spins like crazy.

As others have said the shots from the upper right flipper are all possible. I have done two crossovers in a row. I also made the center ramp from the upper flipper. I have done multiple combo ramp shots with all three ramps. The game is definitely a Steve Ritchie masterpiece in my view.

So far I have put in Flipper Fidelity speakers, red Perfect Play flipper bands, clear button shields and replaced the visible clear GI bulbs with frosted white.

I do not think the playfield is barren. The EM adds a lot. Many other Sterns are similar such as EHOH, MET and IMDN and they play great.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2326 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

As hayfarmer said, turning around the spinner works. After I spread the brackets and re-bent the spinner, the spinner still got bent from taking hits. I took off the EM top and turned around the spinner. The bottom of the spinner now sits almost vertical. Spins like crazy.
As others have said the shots from the upper right flipper are all possible. I have done two crossovers in a row. I also made the center ramp from the upper flipper. I have done multiple combo ramp shots with all three ramps. The game is definitely a Steve Ritchie masterpiece in my view.
So far I have put in Flipper Fidelity speakers, red Perfect Play flipper bands, clear button shields and replaced the visible clear GI bulbs with frosted white.
I do not think the playfield is barren. The EM adds a lot. Many other Sterns are similar such as EHOH, MET and IMDN and they play great.

I can't take credit for turning, another owner suggested that earlier and I'm glad he did. Not a single issue since, 100+ games. Still makes no sense to me at all. I see on the new spinner they sent, with decals not on , it is 2 pieces of metal welded together, with wire sandwiched between. Im wondering if one half is heavier,,,,

#2327 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I can't take credit for turning, another owner suggested that earlier and I'm glad he did. Not a single issue since, 100+ games. Still makes no sense to me at all. I see on the new spinner they sent, with decals not on , it is 2 pieces of metal welded together, with wire sandwiched between. Im wondering if one half is heavier,,,,

Can can you post a picture?

#2328 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can can you post a picture?

Benjam47 was owner who suggested turning around spinner. Thx again!!

#2329 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I didn’t mean that, I haven’t had any spinner issues. Was looking for a picture of the revised Stern part where you said it looked welded.

#2330 3 years ago

Changed. Thanks Hayfarmer and @Benjam47.

#2331 3 years ago

Its actually 3 pieces, spot welded together. Not sure if its a revision or same piece

20210218_064339 (resized).jpg20210218_064339 (resized).jpg20210218_064414 (resized).jpg20210218_064414 (resized).jpg
#2332 3 years ago

Check your plastic top too, I recieved a replacement

20210210_092144 (resized).jpg20210210_092144 (resized).jpg20210211_141359 (resized).jpg20210211_141359 (resized).jpg20210211_141406 (resized).jpg20210211_141406 (resized).jpg
#2333 3 years ago

Are those chips or cracks?

#2334 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Dents. Mine is also dented.

#2335 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its actually 3 pieces, spot welded together. Not sure if its a revision or same piece
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are the spinner arms thicker?

#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Are the spinner arms thicker?

They don't appear to be, but I didn't measure. Not taking spinner off till I have to

Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Dented like crazy. You can see light reflecting off them. I think once original gets real bsd im going to plane edge down slightly, to a 45° edge

#2337 3 years ago

Mine has some small dents starting. I need to work to level it better. It’s close but still a little off on a spot or two.

The goodie bag was so pathetic hopefully they had that plastic to the new builds. I’ll probably ask some new one too just so I have it

#2338 3 years ago

I've only had 3 issues with stern, lz, maiden and munsters. I've always tried the ask nice approach instead of demanding or being pissed off and I've been successful all 3 times, maiden was a node board, after warranty expired. I hear lots of people on different threads saying they never heard back from Stern, so just my 2 cents

#2339 3 years ago

I always send pics of the problem and a pic of serial #, it seems to speed up the process, they will ask for those anyways.

#2340 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've only had 3 issues with stern, lz, maiden and munsters. I've always tried the ask nice approach instead of demanding or being pissed off and I've been successful all 3 times, maiden was a node board, after warranty expired. I hear lots of people on different threads saying they never heard back from Stern, so just my 2 cents

They are super hit or miss and I’ve owned a lot of sterns. Chaz was responsive but I still had some issues with getting my stuff after approval. my new issues have been really bad response after the Initial email. I’ve had a few with my new ones and I just stopped emailing them. I actually have a guy i know who routes them so he has an inside contact that gets me things quick but i have to order and pay for them. Small things like decals or art blades that probably would be covered as it’s their issue on why they were damaged. Sucks because I’m buying LEs a lot of times but I guess I’m small potatoes to them otherwise they would respond

#2341 3 years ago

Its hard to understand why stern handles these issues the way they do. I've owned 13 sterns in last 4 years, been lucky I guess.

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its hard to understand why stern handles these issues the way they do. I've owned 13 sterns in last 4 years, been lucky I guess.

Yeah, you have been. I’m still waiting on a couple of playfield resolutions, a light issue on BKSOR. Pins I don’t own anymore and I’ve bought pretty much every pin they have made in the last 4 years. Sometimes different models of them. Only a few I haven’t and that’s because my brother owned them.

Jjp I get really good response but I don’t want to turn this into a bashing thread so I’ll leave it be. I like sterns. They make some really fun pins

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

did you take the top off to flip the spinner around ,I seem to remember some saying not necessary but last posts are saying remove the top

#2344 3 years ago

One constant with all my Stern's I discovered is when you have to go to the bathroom really, really, bad you are awarded with a lengthy multiball- how do they do that?

#2345 3 years ago

Dealing with a problematic left slingshot that doesn’t appear to be leaf switch issue.

While I had it opened up I decided to have a look at the ? Wizard mode.

I’ll just say the pre mode display stuff is cool but unfortunately more of the same type of gameplay.

I sure hope they spend a couple dollars for another song, otherwise if 10 is it I would have rather had 9 main gameplay songs and the 10th is your encore or wizard mode. Oh well.

Now if I can figure out this sling.

#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Dealing with a problematic left slingshot that doesn’t appear to be leaf switch issue.
While I had it opened up I decided to have a look at the ? Wizard mode.
I’ll just say the pre mode display stuff is cool but unfortunately more of the same type of gameplay.
I sure hope they spend a couple dollars for another song, otherwise if 10 is it I would have rather had 9 main gameplay songs and the 10th is your encore or wizard mode. Oh well.
Now if I can figure out this sling.

Dang, did you atleast get a grand champion score on your way to getting the final wizard mode?

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Dang, did you atleast get a grand champion score on your way to getting the final wizard mode?

Because my machine wasn’t working right I f’ed around with the glass off and no I shut it off because I cheated. Didn’t want the score logged.

I’m partly disappointed that I can’t get this sling figured out and partly disappointed that there wasn’t something more to the wizard during the actual gameplay.

#2348 3 years ago

Just an FYI. A newish feature that many may not be aware of. Hold in the left flipper button and start together for a few seconds to end the current game at any time, even on 1st ball.

#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

did you take the top off to flip the spinner around ,I seem to remember some saying not necessary but last posts are saying remove the top

Ya, its so much easier, just don't take the 4 screws all the way out cuz the little o ring will fall off. Keep loosening them until free. Then remove unit as a whole. Push top of bracket over with yr thumb and spinner will fall out

#2350 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Because my machine wasn’t working right I f’ed around with the glass off and no I shut it off because I cheated. Didn’t want the score logged.
I’m partly disappointed that I can’t get this sling figured out and partly disappointed that there wasn’t something more to the wizard during the actual gameplay.

What’s the issue? Sling isn’t registering?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,699 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.99
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/47?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.