20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 193.
#2201 3 years ago

I did some glass off testing of the colors for the individual band members. Yes, you can check these in your instant info, but I wanted to get a visual representation at a glance. Keep in mind, this is not your total Icarus X, just one of the four band members that get multiplied together.

Dark Orange 1.0-1.1
Lighter Orange 1.2-1.3
Shades of Yellow 1.4-1.9
Light Green 2.0-2.2
Darker Green 2.3-2.5
Blue/Green 2.6-2.7
Shades of Aqua 2.8-3.6
Light Blue 3.7-3.9
Dark Blue 4.0-4.3
Shades of Purple 4.4-4.9
Shades of Pink 5.0-5.6
Magenta 5.6-5.9
Dark Orange starts over at 6.0

Of course, most of us will never see most of these colors. It's hard enough to get past any shade of green. But at least this gives some reference.

#2202 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Well your 7:32 gives me something to shoot for. GOOD job on that. I previously read your post about 6 albums at once. Thats what needs to be figured out. Thats huge. It probably has something to do with combos then the red shot. Yes i can verify that red shot is more powerful than the normal shot. I cant find a rules explanation for challenge anywhere. I have to go to work on this!

i think albums are how many balls you have in play at the end of the challenge. when i got 6 albums, i was crushing the last few songs and kept getting add a balls.

#2203 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK, one more post before bed. I took a close look at the opto spinners in Beatles and LZLE in my game room along with the pictures people have posted of the malfunctioning spinners and the fix that Steve Ritchie posted and have a pretty good theory. I always put precision oil on all of my game's spinners. Over the years I have noticed that all good functioning spinners have a little play back and forth left and right if you hold the bottom edge in your finger tips. The mounting brackets on LZ seem to be a little too close together and there is only a little bit of play compared to the opto spinners on the Beatles. Even still there is more play on mine than it appears there is on the ones pictured here as malfunctioning.
My recommendation is to only bend the brackets and not the spinner unless the spinner itself has been bent for some reason. If you can't move the spinner left and right at least a little bit (1/16+ of an inch or a couple of mm) then you need to bend it further and put a tiny amount of oil if possible while you are in there.
The brackets are built into the ball guides that goes through the assembly. They are held down it appears by the posts on either side of the spinner entrance. It might be possible that there is some play there if you were to loosen those posts and move the guides open a bit. It would not take much to make a difference. For now a little bending should help. I made a crude drawing if people can't visualize what I am fumbling to say. As I mentioned this is just a theory, but I think this is likely the issue.[quoted image]

The picture in #1509 was so helpful!

#2204 3 years ago

Top of the charts score for me on 5th try and I’m average at best.

19F68F81-CB2B-4A02-8080-F3F1F541172B (resized).jpeg19F68F81-CB2B-4A02-8080-F3F1F541172B (resized).jpeg
#2205 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Top of the charts score for me on 5th try and I’m average at best.[quoted image]

What pitch are you playing on? I have a hard time gettin over 200 mill each time , but have only tried 4 or 5 times. Seems hard for me to hit ejects on a regular basis.

#2206 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What pitch are you playing on? I have a hard time gettin over 200 mill each time , but have only tried 4 or 5 times. Seems hard for me to hit ejects on a regular basis.

6.7, left eject is the toughest part for me, especially with more than two balls going.

#2207 3 years ago

Ya, im same. Left seems hard for me too with more than 1 ball. But, im below avg

#2208 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Added Top of the Charts Challenge Mode:
Display the game mode menu by holding in both flippers.
Choosing Top of the Charts challenge mode starts a challenge mode game.
Top of the Charts Challenge is plays through all 10 songs starting from
a fixed number of sales. Shooting lit shots and hitting switches advances
the number of sales.
When a player earns 999,999 sales, shooting the left eject will award a
platinum record, advance the player to the next song, and add an
additional ball into play.
When the song ends, Top of the Charts challenge ends, all balls in play
will drain, and the game will end.
Player starts with 4 balls in play.
Shooting the ejects during a song increases the song shots and sales
earned at each shot to 2x and 3x.
When a player drains all balls in play, the song sales they have earned
are reduced and a ball is returned to play.
Added a leaderboard to show the top 3 Top of the Charts challenge scores
and Top of the Charts challenge times.
Added a high score entry for Top of the Charts multi-album master.
No real explanation of the "Multi Album Master". My best is two. I'm going to guess it is how many songs completed while maintaining a MB.

I've determined the best strategy for fastest time is to constantly aim for the ejects and once a ball is locked then start going for the other shots with a secondary focus on getting the red shots. I think its possible i could shave another 30-60 seconds off this time.

149344409_426157231820281_3696002765835153405_n (resized).jpg149344409_426157231820281_3696002765835153405_n (resized).jpg
#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I've determined the best strategy for fastest time is to constantly aim for the ejects and once a ball is locked then start going for the other shots with a secondary focus on getting the red shots. I think its possible i could shave another 30-60 seconds off this time.
[quoted image]

Thats the fastest ive seen yet. I saw RAY do a 6:04 yesterday.
GOOD JOB!

#2210 3 years ago

Can anyone backhand the right ramp ? I watched rayday stream, he does regularly, but did say in earlier stream that it was the best ramp hes ever played. With glass off, and repeating shot over and over I can't hit it. Going to index flipper forward a bit to see if it helps. Flipper strength at 255.

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can anyone backhand the right ramp ? I watched rayday stream, he does regularly, but did say in earlier stream that it was the best ramp hes ever played. With glass off, and repeating shot over and over I can't hit it. Going to index flipper forward a bit to see if it helps. Flipper strength at 255.

I can backhand mine. It takes some learning

#2212 3 years ago

It would not do before. I moved right flipper just slightly ahead , from center, and I can hit now from a cradle. Didn't affect the left scoop shot by doing

#2213 3 years ago

Anyone's upper control gate occasionally slow down/impede the ball slightly when shooting the right orbit? It's almost like the ball hits something and it slows it enough that it doesn't make it to the lock scoop. Since the coil opens the gate coming from that direction, I don't think it has anything to do with timing of gate activation. I've even theorized that the ball is getting slightly airborne on some shots and hitting the mechanism or bracket. Any thoughts/anyone else experiencing?

Love this game!

#2214 3 years ago

Having the spinner problem again. How do I remove the spinner to turn it around? I don't want to damage it and lose warranty. Assume you squeeze wire until it pops out.

#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

My spinner was in horizontal resting position so I attempted to flip it around and see if that fixes it. Unable to squeeze wire to get out of brackets with needle nose pliers I was using so instead bent wires back in place and got the spinner fix. Guess I don't need to turn spinner around yet but what is procedure when I want to.

Having the spinner problem again. How do I remove the spinner to turn it around? I don't want to damage it and lose warranty. Assume you squeeze wire until it pops out.

This happens to me also. It is because the center of gravity of the spinner is too close to the fulcrum. I can fix it by pushing the two ends of the spinner inward which has the effect of moving the center of gravity down slightly. In the past it has bent back slowly over time and the problem returns. I asked Stern for a new spinner, but you can fix the issue in a few minutes using a screw driver and some pliers. I demonstrated it here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/915697775

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I can backhand mine. It takes some learning

It's possible to backhand all ramps. Takes a couple of tries but worth it to slow things down and aim smart

20210203_183543 (resized).jpg20210203_183543 (resized).jpg
#2217 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anybody else having issues with Icarus binding up and not jumping?

With the mankini the only kind of binding is up the backside.

LZ_Icarus_Mankini (resized).jpgLZ_Icarus_Mankini (resized).jpg
#2218 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

This happens to me also. It is because the center of gravity of the spinner is too close to the fulcrum. I can fix it by pushing the two ends of the spinner inward which has the effect of moving the center of gravity down slightly. In the past it has bent back slowly over time and the problem returns. I asked Stern for a new spinner, but you can fix the issue in a few minutes using a screw driver and some pliers. I demonstrated it here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/915697775

Hard to see exactly what this guy is doing with his hand and pliers in the way. Assume he is just squeezing both ends of the spinner wire inward. Is that the fix? Damn shame we have to keep doing this though. Stern needs a real fix but that might mean the whole mechanism and they of course do not want to spend any money on this. Stern tech support is pretty much non existent. I sent message Tuesday on this spinner problem and now Monday and still no response.

#2219 3 years ago

Hard to see exactly what this guy is doing with his hand and pliers in the way. Assume he is just squeezing both ends of the spinner wire inward. Is that the fix? Damn shame we have to keep doing this though. Stern needs a real fix but that might mean the whole mechanism and they of course do not want to spend any money on this. Stern tech support is pretty much non existent. I sent message Tuesday on this spinner problem and now Monday and still no response.

Pm'd ya

#2220 3 years ago

Anyone have their machine crash and restart while having the best game you ever had? Microsoft OS?

#2221 3 years ago

I've not had a single issue with the spinner. Of course, I knew ahead of time about the issues. So I don't shoot the spinner while it's spinning. I also don't shoot the EM at all while it is moving up or down. To be perfectly honest, quite often I just ignore it until it goes back down because there's just not much coded into that mode yet and the points from it are way too low.

#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Anyone have their machine crash and restart while having the best game you ever had? Microsoft OS?

I haven't had any crashes at all. But a couple of times on boot up I get a weird grainy pattern on the screen and then it gives up and reboots itself. It has never failed to boot up, just does it weirdly every now and then.

#2223 3 years ago

I had a game re set message after ball 1. But only happened once.

#2224 3 years ago

Yeah it was the first time it crashed in about 150 games or so. It scared the bejesus out of me. The sound and video stopped. I was able to keep flipping...but then eventually that went dead and then it restarted.

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Yeah it was the first time it crashed in about 150 games or so. It scared the bejesus out of me. The sound and video stopped. I was able to keep flipping...but then eventually that went dead and then it restarted.

Kiss had this problem, was fixed with updated power supply. Same type issue, or is it a bug in code?

#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Kiss had this problem, was fixed with updated power supply. Same type issue, or is it a bug in code?

Probably code bugs. Kiss Pros and some of the early pros of others only had a 300W power supply. Stern eventually ended up putting the 500W one in all Pro/Prem/LEs.

#2227 3 years ago

Joined the club, was originally in on an LE but backed out after the reveal. I played a pro and thought it played decent enough, had the chance to try a premium and came home with it this weekend. I got to see an LE up close and it is a nice looking machine in person.
I really enjoy the lighting system and the way the game shoots.

A90D7D06-3678-4F2C-91DD-F38C4EAC9F8C (resized).jpegA90D7D06-3678-4F2C-91DD-F38C4EAC9F8C (resized).jpeg
#2228 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With the mankini the only kind of binding is up the backside.
[quoted image]

Lol. The Mankini could be the best pinball mod of the year.

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lol. The Mankini could be the best pinball mod of the year.

If I had a LZ, it would already be done. No idea what Stern was thinking with that straight-at-the-player sculpt.

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If I had a LZ, it would already be done. No idea what Stern was thinking with that straight-at-the-player sculpt.

There should be a T-Shirt that says “I’d hit that...for 2x scoring”

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Modesty Mankini (tm)....making the modest even more modest.

#2232 3 years ago

Yes, just using the pilers to push in the ends. I've contacted my distributor and Stern about a more permanent fix. I agree that Stern tech support isn't great, you need to be persistent and keep CCing your distributor.

#2233 3 years ago

Anyone else get the occasional right orbit shot that rather than going into the lock or pops actually goes all the way around and comes out left side?

I’ve had this happen maybe 5-10 times in 150 games played or so.

#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else get the occasional right orbit shit that rather than going into the lock or pops actually goes all the way around and comes out left side?
I’ve had this happen maybe 5-10 times in 150 games played or so.

I believe I have and I thought that was by design

#2235 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I believe I have and I thought that was by design

I’m not sure since there is a gate

#2236 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m not sure since there is a gate

Ok, I just looked at mine and I thought you meant the left to the right with the gate that does lift.

I haven’t done it the other way

#2237 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, I just looked at mine and I thought you meant the left to the right with the gate that does lift.
I haven’t done it the other way

I’ve had it happen going right to left. Can’t see it happen but I’m wondering if it bounces off the scoop and somehow gets behind the gate.

Gate always seems to be in proper position and not up.

Odd and it surprises you when the ball comes flying around the left side.

#2238 3 years ago

Never had that happen. Something else to look for now,,

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve had it happen going right to left. Can’t see it happen but I’m wondering if it bounces off the scoop and somehow gets behind the gate.
Gate always seems to be in proper position and not up.
Odd and it surprises you when the ball comes flying around the left side.

Yeah, very weird and for it to keep its momentum. It must get stuck up to be able to do it. Maybe take the glass off and flip it. See if it sticks every once in a while

#2240 3 years ago

I can definitely backhand the right ramp on mine but it takes a super early flip and it’s real tight. I still think it’s safer and a lot less risky then shooting from the left flipper across in the games I’ve played.

#2241 3 years ago

I love the lights-I think they will be a standard feature on future machines. And of course the music is great! I'm mixed on the EM. I'd like to see it better integrated and maybe award more points, though it just might be me. All in all, a great machine for Zep fans

#2242 3 years ago

Yeah, I actually try to avoid getting it raised as ones it does than that’s all you can really do. I think I might make it harder to get in settings. I will check that out tonight

#2243 3 years ago

Anyone notice the extra switch a third of the way up the shooter lane? Can't say I remember ever seeing this in a game before, wonder what it's for.

#2244 3 years ago

I'm really enjoying the game. Man I really suck I don't think I can get close to the scores I have seen here. I would like to mention that my EM spiner that I adjusted before one play on the game got bent and looked like it was going to get worse. I removed the spiner and bent it back and installed it backwards like mentioned here. I really like the way it's sitting now. It's ready for the ball to hit the target not tilted at all. I will contact Stern and see if they get back to me.

#2245 3 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone notice the extra switch a third of the way up the shooter lane? Can't say I remember ever seeing this in a game before, wonder what it's for.

AC/DC had it for sure. It's to lock in your song selection on AC/DC if I remember right. I think TMNT does, too. It's not that uncommon.

#2246 3 years ago

I've been getting a ton of rejects from the side ramp. It's a difficult enough shot already so when you hit it and it rejects 75% of the time, well I needed to do something. So I took off the wireform that leads out of that turnaround. Waxed the turn around, waxed the rail that leads into the turnaround, and waxed the playfield from the upper flipper all the way to the shot. I had previously adjusted the upper flipper power from 240 to 255.

So, one thing I noticed about this shot is the way the wireform interfaces to the turnaround. The two tines that accept the ball out of the turnaround were such that there was plenty of room for the ball below them, but barely enough room for the ball above them. I bent the tines downward a small amount, about 1/8th inch. I have attached a crude drawing of this. The top drawing is how I found it. The bottom drawing is after bending. Again, I only bent them a small amount, like 1/8th inch.

I'm happy to say I now get FAR less rejects. I'm actually making the shot like 2-4 times per game now. It plays so much better and my scores have improved. Before all this my best score was around 500M. Only a few games after doing all this my best score jumped to 832M.

20210216_082121 (resized).jpg20210216_082121 (resized).jpg
#2247 3 years ago

Stern official spinner fix: remove electric magic top careful not to lose the O rings at bottom of the 4 screws. See picture showing O rings. Then bend out brackets as Stern diagrams show.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#2248 3 years ago

They send you that with new parts, or,,,

#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It would not do before. I moved right flipper just slightly ahead , from center, and I can hit now from a cradle. Didn't affect the left scoop shot by doing

I haven't tried moving a flipper before, but I would like to know how to. What does this involve? Is it done by loosening the flipper from the PF and using the play in the fasteners to slightly move them, or is it done by adjusting a part of the mech?

Thanks!

#2250 3 years ago

Remove balls,, Lift up field, there's an Allen head bolt on flipper. Loosen, check your alignment, pretty easy to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/45?hl=number_runner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.