IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 191.
#2151 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Is it LE only?

I’m not sure, the LE got the upgraded speakers I do know that.

Did you go back and look at matrix from Stern?

#2152 3 years ago

I just checked and you should have the 10 band EQ.

The LE only sound feature was the speaker upgrade and 3 channel amp.

#2153 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Is it LE only?

Premium has the equalizer. I just changed mine to a smile.

I ordered Flipper Fidelity speakers from PL to put in LZ. They made a vast improvement in my LOTR.

#2154 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I just checked and you should have the 10 band EQ.
The LE only sound feature was the speaker upgrade and 3 channel amp.

The LE did not get an amplifier upgrade. They all have the same 3 channel amp.

#2155 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I installed the PinWoofer GT 8in Spike-2 Super Kit this morning on my Zep LE. I opted to use the cabinet speaker that comes with the kit to replace the stock LE cabinet speaker - the PinWoofer is a slight upgrade in quality over the stock LE cabinet speaker. I also ordered the amplifier mounting bracket in blue. I kept the backbox speakers the same. I worked with Dan this morning - this was my first PinWoofer install - he was very responsive and helpful. I also spoke to him after the install to discuss the settings I came up with and give him some initial feedback. I was planning on doing a full review shortly after I get it fully dialed in (next 1-2 days), but thought I'd share a quick blurb here in the meantime because the question was asked.
In short, get it. Some may opt for just connecting a subwoofer, which I'm sure will offer an improvement, but my experience in music equipment - both listening and performing (I'll spare you the details, but I had long hair at one point) tells me this pin needs an amplification source upgrade. I cannot comment on the difference between the 2 approaches though as I've only listened to the difference between the LE stock sound and the PinWoofer kit. I can tell you that the difference I'm hearing is significant, both with music, sounds and call outs. It's important to note.....music (like art) is subjective and we all hear things in our "own way" if that makes sense so when I say "get it", it's based on my musical experience, preference, taste, etc...I'm sure others will weigh in with their thoughts.
Overall, the sound with the PinWoofer upgrade was what I was hoping for with the stock LE, but sadly the stock sound was disappointing, IMHO. For what we paid for this pin, in my opinion, this sound upgrade is a no brainer. My suggestion is upgrade as you see fit, but this pin needs an upgrade.
Again, full review coming shortly, including install notes and settings.
p.s. I thought this pin was addictive BEFORE the sound upgrade......

PinWoofer GT 8in Spike-2 Super Kit: Led Zeppelin LE install, quick review, setting optimization

As follow up to my previous post (shown above - I’m allowed to respond to myself, right? ha), I wanted to share some more details around the experience of installing this PinWoofer system in my Led Zeppelin LE. This was my first PinWoofer install.

Install:

I kept the LE backbox speakers (Kenwood) the same, so the install was the amp system and cabinet speaker. Overall, I would rate the install as relatively easy with little technical knowledge required. There are instructions to download from the Pinwoofer.com site as well as a video from HurryUpPinball that I highly recommend – I actually followed along with that video step by step. The only hurdle I ran into was how to connect the existing backbox speakers to the PinWoofer harness speaker wires (there is a connector mismatch here). I reached out to Dan and he responded immediately (early on a Saturday morning) and walked me through the 3 options. I utilized the enclosed splice connects because I didn’t want to get my soldering iron out – ideally, soldering is probably the best way to go, but the splices were easy and the connection is great so it’s a very solid option.

It’s important to be patient with any connections on the boards – some may require some jiggling to detach. Don’t crank anything too hard without understanding how snap-fit features work. Also, tidy up those wires – either with existing wire routers or the enclosed wire ties. On the cabinet speaker, I had to slightly pry open one of the speaker connectors from the harness and also slightly bend up the speaker attachment point to be able to have an appropriate angle to push the connector on.

Overall, installation concerns should NOT be a factor when considering this system.

Backbox Speakers:

Some are suggesting that the Pyle speakers may be a small upgrade over the Kenwood stock speakers that come with the LE. The only way to know for sure is to do an apples-to-apples comparison so I have a set of the Pyles arriving early next week. I’ll do a comparison vs. the Kenwood speakers and report back for those interested. One thing is for sure, the Kenwood speakers sound entirely different (in a really good way) with the PinWoofer amp vs. the stock amp.

Sound:

I spent numerous sessions over the course of 4-5 days dialing this in, both the PinWoofer amp settings and the machine settings. Right out of the gate it probably won’t sound very good, so please make sure you adjust settings. The ones I’m using right now are below. You may find that something else works better for you. I went heavy on the music….because…well, this is a Led Zeppelin pinball machine. It’s interesting to note that all the songs have different dynamics to them so it was a bit difficult to find a setting that works across this group of songs, while also balancing the game sound effects and call outs.

PinWoofer Amp:

Bass Freg: 1:00 (clock position)
Bass Vol: 2:00
Backbox Vol: 12:00
Treble: 12:00
Volume: 3:00
Gain: 3:00

Game Settings:

Music Attenuation: -10
Speech Attenuation: +3

EQ (Backbox):

31Hz (+5), 62 Hz (+3), 125Hz (+1), 250Hz (-1), 500Hz (-2), 1kHz (-2), 2kHz (-2), 4 kHz (-1), 8 kHz (0), 16 kHz (0)

EQ (Cabinet):

31Hz (0), 62 Hz (+1), 125Hz (+3), 250Hz (+4), 500Hz (+6), 1kHz (+6), 2kHz (+4), 4 kHz (+2), 8 kHz (+1), 16 kHz (-1)

Game Volume:

Usable range probably 6 - 20. Sweet spot for loud playing is 15-17 with 15 being a good overall rockin' volume. I go to 17 after a couple of beers. Some may find 15 too loud – I’m not one of those people. (side note: my guitar rig is a MesaBoogie Dual Rectifier into a Marshal 4x12 speaker cabinet so for those guitarists out there you will probably understand.)

Overall Sound:

I’m beyond thrilled with how this is sounding – the game just takes on a different feel. The additional tweaking has made an improvement over my initial adjustments. There is clearly a lot of headroom in the PinWoofer amp to drive the speakers without distortion. With the stock system, I tinkered until I couldn’t ticker any more, had the volume at like 50 and it was just…..well, bad, in my humble opinion. The PinWoofer is a sound game changer for this pin. While tinkering I realized just how much of the game sounds come out of the backbox speakers vs. the cabinet speaker. Being a pinball noob, I really hadn’t been paying much attention to this until the Zep LE showed up.

I’m getting tight bass and drums from the backbox, with crystal clear game sounds and call outs. The stock system was like a jumbled mess of sounds and got worse as the volume was increased. Here, you can crank the volume and maintain that tightness and separation of sounds. It was definitely a challenge trying to balance the frequency ranges here – I don’t need shrieking vocals nor piercing guitar solos when playing it loud so you’ll see the EQ settings compensate for the mediocre midrange quality of the Kenwoods. Will be interesting to see if the Pyles can improve this.

Are there any downsides? Well, if you get crazy with the volume and certain EQ frequencies on the backbox speakers you may get some glass rattle. I worked on the settings to eliminate/reduce this at high volumes and feel it’s in a good spot. GT actually stands for Glass Tamer so there is technology built into the amp (frequency filtering, I believe) that helps to reduce glass rattle. The only other thing is you may have some static/hiss during start up that was not there prior to the install – Dan assured me that is normal and nothing to worry about. It’s important to note that this static/hiss is not present during gameplay.

Questions? Feel free to post or PM me. Happy to help!

Oh, almost forgot…..I haven’t touched my AIQ Premium nor JP Pro in the 2 weeks since the Zep LE showed up. It’s THAT good.

#2156 3 years ago

Had an amazing combo last night-shot up through Magic Spinner-went up center ramp then flipped to orbit-down to upper right flipper to side ramp down and then left ramp-what a rush! Hitting the combo ramp shots with the monster flow is very satisfying on this machine. Steve Ritchie is my hero

#2157 3 years ago

My spinner was stuck 1/2 way up so I had to adjust . Just wondering if anyone has had magical spinner come off as has happened to me a few times. I need to bend it out some and make sure i get the flips . Also I think ball hitting the front of the mech that comes up because ball seems to jump sometimes .

#2158 3 years ago

Thank You Greaseman
I’m a Pinwoofer / Dan fan
Can’t wait to dial My LZLE in to your settings

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Had an amazing combo last night-shot up through Magic Spinner-went up center ramp then flipped to orbit-down to upper right flipper to side ramp down and then left ramp-what a rush! Hitting the combo ramp shots with the monster flow is very satisfying on this machine. Steve Ritchie is my hero

The combos being built into the rules and even having inserts to light is one of my favorite parts of this game. I used to love the bogie mode in Ironman and now this takes that to the next level. It only works on a Ritchie style playfield where shots can flow from one to another. As soon as I hit a shot, I pick and focus on a lit Combo insert and try to move from shot to shot. The ultimate rush is including an upper flipper ramp in the combo. It doesn't happen often enough for me but when it does, the shot satisfaction can't beat.

#2160 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

the shot satisfaction can't beat

Certain games have shots that are super satisfying for me...Hitting Star Wars fork ramp during hurry up(destroying Death Star), Hole in One-NGG, 3 or more warp ramp shots on ST, hitting crane with shaker motor on BDK, etc.

Now I can add.....Hitting combo shots on Led Zeppelin with epic tunes and great light show!

#2161 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The combos being built into the rules and even having inserts to light is one of my favorite parts of this game. I used to love the bogie mode in Ironman and now this takes that to the next level. It only works on a Ritchie style playfield where shots can flow from one to another. As soon as I hit a shot, I pick and focus on a lit Combo insert and try to move from shot to shot. The ultimate rush is including an upper flipper ramp in the combo. It doesn't happen often enough for me but when it does, the shot satisfaction can't beat.

my go to combo is Zeppelin ramp--backhand the center ramp-- right ramp-center ramp-- cash out. except most times i get greedy and try to alternate right/center ramp until i screw it up. 10way combo is my top so far.

#2162 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I have a set of the Pyles arriving early next week

Great write-up Greaseman - love the detail!

Can't wait to learn about your take on the Pyle's in conjunction with the PinWoofer system, compared to the Kenwood. Having done a head to head evaluation in the shop last week, we are strongly advising guys to go with the Plye speakers over the KFC-1366S.

We have no doubt the Pyle sounds better owing to a larger magnet (2x the size), stiffer suspension and larger voice coil which all contribute to a better speaker in the Pyle. The Pyle mid-ranges are "fuller" and the tweeters are cleaner. (This was not what we expected since the Kenwood cost us twice as much as the Pyle.)

Below is the recommended system for all trims:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-5-25in-spike-super-kit/

Good times!

#2163 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

My EM mech keeps hanging up on the edge of the opening causing the plastic to raise about 1/16” followed by dangerous air balls rendering the game unplayable!

Update: I fixed this last night by removing the EM cover plastic and the metal assembly beneath it, rotating it 180 degrees and reinstalling. EM mech is now centered on the opening and goes up and down without issue. It does sit slightly low when in the down position though, has anyone fine tuned this?

A826E32F-7815-4B78-AB01-22E44F1B276A (resized).jpegA826E32F-7815-4B78-AB01-22E44F1B276A (resized).jpeg
#2164 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

PinWoofer GT 8in Spike-2 Super Kit: Led Zeppelin LE install, quick review, setting optimization
As follow up to my previous post (shown above - I’m allowed to respond to myself, right? ha), I wanted to share some more details around the experience of installing this PinWoofer system in my Led Zeppelin LE. This was my first PinWoofer install.
Install:
I kept the LE backbox speakers (Kenwood) the same, so the install was the amp system and cabinet speaker. Overall, I would rate the install as relatively easy with little technical knowledge required. There are instructions to download from the Pinwoofer.com site as well as a video from HurryUpPinball that I highly recommend – I actually followed along with that video step by step. The only hurdle I ran into was how to connect the existing backbox speakers to the PinWoofer harness speaker wires (there is a connector mismatch here). I reached out to Dan and he responded immediately (early on a Saturday morning) and walked me through the 3 options. I utilized the enclosed splice connects because I didn’t want to get my soldering iron out – ideally, soldering is probably the best way to go, but the splices were easy and the connection is great so it’s a very solid option.
It’s important to be patient with any connections on the boards – some may require some jiggling to detach. Don’t crank anything too hard without understanding how snap-fit features work. Also, tidy up those wires – either with existing wire routers or the enclosed wire ties. On the cabinet speaker, I had to slightly pry open one of the speaker connectors from the harness and also slightly bend up the speaker attachment point to be able to have an appropriate angle to push the connector on.
Overall, installation concerns should NOT be a factor when considering this system.
Backbox Speakers:
Some are suggesting that the Pyle speakers may be a small upgrade over the Kenwood stock speakers that come with the LE. The only way to know for sure is to do an apples-to-apples comparison so I have a set of the Pyles arriving early next week. I’ll do a comparison vs. the Kenwood speakers and report back for those interested. One thing is for sure, the Kenwood speakers sound entirely different (in a really good way) with the PinWoofer amp vs. the stock amp.
Sound:
I spent numerous sessions over the course of 4-5 days dialing this in, both the PinWoofer amp settings and the machine settings. Right out of the gate it probably won’t sound very good, so please make sure you adjust settings. The ones I’m using right now are below. You may find that something else works better for you. I went heavy on the music….because…well, this is a Led Zeppelin pinball machine. It’s interesting to note that all the songs have different dynamics to them so it was a bit difficult to find a setting that works across this group of songs, while also balancing the game sound effects and call outs.
PinWoofer Amp:
Bass Freg: 1:00 (clock position)
Bass Vol: 2:00
Backbox Vol: 12:00
Treble: 12:00
Volume: 3:00
Gain: 3:00
Game Settings:
Music Attenuation: -10
Speech Attenuation: +3
EQ (Backbox):
31Hz (+5), 62 Hz (+3), 125Hz (+1), 250Hz (-1), 500Hz (-2), 1kHz (-2), 2kHz (-2), 4 kHz (-1), 8 kHz (0), 16 kHz (0)
EQ (Cabinet):
31Hz (0), 62 Hz (+1), 125Hz (+3), 250Hz (+4), 500Hz (+6), 1kHz (+6), 2kHz (+4), 4 kHz (+2), 8 kHz (+1), 16 kHz (-1)
Game Volume:
Usable range probably 6 - 20. Sweet spot for loud playing is 15-17 with 15 being a good overall rockin' volume. I go to 17 after a couple of beers. Some may find 15 too loud – I’m not one of those people. (side note: my guitar rig is a MesaBoogie Dual Rectifier into a Marshal 4x12 speaker cabinet so for those guitarists out there you will probably understand.)
Overall Sound:
I’m beyond thrilled with how this is sounding – the game just takes on a different feel. The additional tweaking has made an improvement over my initial adjustments. There is clearly a lot of headroom in the PinWoofer amp to drive the speakers without distortion. With the stock system, I tinkered until I couldn’t ticker any more, had the volume at like 50 and it was just…..well, bad, in my humble opinion. The PinWoofer is a sound game changer for this pin. While tinkering I realized just how much of the game sounds come out of the backbox speakers vs. the cabinet speaker. Being a pinball noob, I really hadn’t been paying much attention to this until the Zep LE showed up.
I’m getting tight bass and drums from the backbox, with crystal clear game sounds and call outs. The stock system was like a jumbled mess of sounds and got worse as the volume was increased. Here, you can crank the volume and maintain that tightness and separation of sounds. It was definitely a challenge trying to balance the frequency ranges here – I don’t need shrieking vocals nor piercing guitar solos when playing it loud so you’ll see the EQ settings compensate for the mediocre midrange quality of the Kenwoods. Will be interesting to see if the Pyles can improve this.
Are there any downsides? Well, if you get crazy with the volume and certain EQ frequencies on the backbox speakers you may get some glass rattle. I worked on the settings to eliminate/reduce this at high volumes and feel it’s in a good spot. GT actually stands for Glass Tamer so there is technology built into the amp (frequency filtering, I believe) that helps to reduce glass rattle. The only other thing is you may have some static/hiss during start up that was not there prior to the install – Dan assured me that is normal and nothing to worry about. It’s important to note that this static/hiss is not present during gameplay.
Questions? Feel free to post or PM me. Happy to help!
Oh, almost forgot…..I haven’t touched my AIQ Premium nor JP Pro in the 2 weeks since the Zep LE showed up. It’s THAT good.

I can't agree more with you. Sound quality and volume increase, if you want, is tremendous. I went with the pyles, and while I didn't do a before and after, I can't imagine the Kenwoods could sound better. It's a music pin! It should have the best sound system available.I set pin volume at 12, and set pinwoofer at about 2 or 3:00 position, gives you lots of range to suit your mood while playing.

#2165 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

Update: I fixed this last night by removing the EM cover plastic and the metal assembly beneath it, rotating it 180 degrees and reinstalling. EM mech is now centered on the opening and goes up and down without issue. It does sit slightly low when in the down position though, has anyone fine tuned this?[quoted image]

Loosen the top screws while the EM is down untill the plastic is flush with the playfield. It shouldn't take much to ease up on the little black washers and it will get you level.

#2166 3 years ago

This game is a 10 out of 10 for me but can anyone provide some color on how to play the Magic Spinner?

So far for me it is a huge drain trap that disrupts the flow. I try to avoid activating it and when I do by accident my ball is over in about 15 seconds most of the time.

#2167 3 years ago

This may be the best $66 (includes taxes and shipping) I've ever spent. Just installed it this morning. Tired of opening the coin door to adjust volume. Also, there are times the family would prefer I use headphones - ha ha. Headphone sound quality is serviceable, not great, but will definitely work.

Zep volume control (resized).jpgZep volume control (resized).jpg
#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

This may be the best $66 (includes taxes and shipping) I've ever spent. Just installed it this morning. Tired of opening the coin door to adjust volume. Also, there are times the family would prefer I use headphones - ha ha. Headphone sound quality is serviceable, not great, but will definitely work.
[quoted image]

I have to agree with you on that. It is definitely a MUST for a music pin

#2169 3 years ago

Anyone try out component speakers? with separate mids/tweeters.... To my ears component speakers always sound much better...just have to figure out where to place the tweeters and mount them.

#2170 3 years ago

I’m starting to get a good feel for that third flipper ramp. At first I thought it was way to hard to hit but now I do it pretty often and it feels great. More I play this the happier I am. I’m glad I didn’t buy my buddys pro which was also a fun shooter when I played it

#2171 3 years ago

My spinner was in horizontal resting position so I attempted to flip it around and see if that fixes it. Unable to squeeze wire to get out of brackets with needle nose pliers I was using so instead bent wires back in place and got the spinner fix. Guess I don't need to turn spinner around yet but what is procedure when I want to.

#2172 3 years ago

My premium came in yesterday! Game worked great right out of the box. I have done a few tweaks like adjusting the wireform position on both inlanes for a smoother transition. Also adjusted the right flipper switch for better action on the upper flipper. Put a coat of wax on it. Put a dab of Tri-flow on both spinners. EM spinner has been fine, no problems there. Added some blue perfect plays on all three flippers. The wife loves it. Happy Wife, Happy Life!

20210212_191057 (resized).jpg20210212_191057 (resized).jpg20210212_191157 (resized).jpg20210212_191157 (resized).jpg20210212_232455 (resized).jpg20210212_232455 (resized).jpg20210212_235322 (resized).jpg20210212_235322 (resized).jpg20210213_132649 (resized).jpg20210213_132649 (resized).jpg
#2173 3 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

My spinner was in horizontal resting position so I attempted to flip it around and see if that fixes it. Unable to squeeze wire to get out of brackets with needle nose pliers I was using so instead bent wires back in place and got the spinner fix. Guess I don't need to turn spinner around yet but what is procedure when I want to.

Its easy to grab one side of support bracket right below wire with pliers and spread out. It will spring back into position

#2174 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Someone mentioned the welds on top of the right ramp, so I put some thin weather strip foam on to even out then some chrome tape. I think my friend has some of the holographic tape from future spa I'll try to get. They could of at least cleaned these welds up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

"Prism tape" used for fishing lures would look great up there. There are a lot of cool colors and patterns.

https://smile.amazon.com/s

#2175 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

"Prism tape" used for fishing lures would look great up there. There are a lot of cool colors and patterns.
amazon.com link »

That would reflect good too

#2176 3 years ago

Anybody else having issues with Icarus binding up and not jumping? I took it out, greased it (SuperLube), and put it back in. He jumped for the first few times, then got stuck, then jumped again. Not sure if the slots he rides in are lined up right or not. Has anyone seen this?

#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anybody else having issues with Icarus binding up and not jumping? I took it out, greased it (SuperLube), and put it back in. He jumped for the first few times, then got stuck, then jumped again. Not sure if the slots he rides in are lined up right or not. Has anyone seen this?

Yes, a few of us have had this issue. I had to grind the stick to make it thinner and narrower using a dremel, works fine now. The bracket that it slide in is just too narrow.

#2178 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, a few of us have had this issue. I had to grind the stick to make it thinner and narrower using a dremel, works fine now. The bracket that it slide in is just too narrow.

Thank you! That would have driven me nuts. And in return, let me say that Lermods hermit is an awesome mod. For those of you considering getting Mezel's Big Ben mod, you can get both. Big Ben goes in the right back corner and the hermit fits beautifully facing the playfield just in front of the upper flipper (so it looks exactly like the picture!).

Thanks for some awesome work, Rob, and for the info on the dickless wonder.

#2179 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Oh...and wouldn't it be easier just to widen the slot with a small file?

#2180 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It will loosen up over time from getting broken in I’m sure. Just need to keep hammering away at that target!

#2181 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It will loosen up over time from getting broken in I’m sure. Just need to keep hammering away at that target!

Put a bit of wax on, make sure its perfectly straight. Same issues with ehoh.

#2182 3 years ago

My spinner is working great again after bending wires a little and not knowing what the hell I was doing. Beginners luck maybe. This pin is so fun, it is sad not yet rated in pinside.com top 100. Our so called "competition" Guns and Roses is there. If you google Led Zeppelin pinside this game comes up to rate. This is a great game and needs some credit.

#2183 3 years ago

Has anyone notice that the lead and right flipper switches are different on the LE. Anyone know why the right flipper has 4 while the left only has 2?

3440C79C-66E3-4B7E-90DB-DD150FA9C9F5 (resized).jpeg3440C79C-66E3-4B7E-90DB-DD150FA9C9F5 (resized).jpeg6684A3B2-6BDB-4E74-9E52-B36F38A90249 (resized).jpeg6684A3B2-6BDB-4E74-9E52-B36F38A90249 (resized).jpeg
#2184 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I had tried that and couldn’t get it right. Was easier to file down the stick.

#2185 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Has anyone notice that the lead and right flipper switches are different on the LE. Anyone know why the right flipper has 4 while the left only has 2?

I would assume that it's because of the two flippers on that side. Why it would be like that for only the LE?

#2186 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I wouldn't alter it, maybe pull it out and buff with steel wool.

#2187 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

My premium came in yesterday! Game worked great right out of the box.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey guys lets post Pics of challenge times. If you have not tried it yet. Its pretty fun. Its like a game inside of a game. Its pretty tough. My best is 9:07. I think anything under 10 is hard to get. Any strategies you guys using?

20210213_225641 (resized).jpg20210213_225641 (resized).jpg

#2188 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Hey guys lets post Pics of challenge times. If you have not tried it yet. Its pretty fun. Its like a game inside of a game. Its pretty tough. My best is 9:07. I think anything under 10 is hard to get. Any strategies you guys using?
[quoted image]

Haha, no way I can compete with your scores.

#2189 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

The RHS will have 2 sets of switches - one for the upper and one for the lower flipper. Its’s setup this way to allow you to stage flip (ie trap a ball on the lower flipper while also being able to operate the upper flipper separately).

#2190 3 years ago

[quoted image]

i've played it a few times. Still not entirely sure what im doing in the mode. what are the red shots vs the standard song shots? they seem to complete the song faster. i'm also not sure if i should be going for points or time in the top of the charts mode. the longer you play the higher your score can be.

#2191 3 years ago

Did a search for ‘ball search’, didn’t find this, apologize if this has been asked...

Several times (last night 3 times in 20 games) - so not all the time
I locked a ball in the EM, the EM drops, then nothing - it should serve a ball up, but instead raises the EM and goes into ball search and eventually releases the EM magnet and the ball comes out and the EM stay up and lets me lock a ball right away (no spinner build up needed).

Seems odd since the EM ‘knows’ a ball is in there and drops, but then the ball doesn’t register as locked.

#2192 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Did a search for ‘ball search’, didn’t find this, apologize if this has been asked...
Several times (last night 3 times in 20 games) - so not all the time
I locked a ball in the EM, the EM drops, then nothing - it should serve a ball up, but instead raises the EM and goes into ball search and eventually releases the EM magnet and the ball comes out and the EM stay up and lets me lock a ball right away (no spinner build up needed).
Seems odd since the EM ‘knows’ a ball is in there and drops, but then the ball doesn’t register as locked.

I'm guessing your spinner

[quoted image]

I'm thinking 6 minutes is probably doable by A level players and the elites will get it done in around 4-5

149022919_212055670609174_6770318897853502855_n (resized).jpg149022919_212055670609174_6770318897853502855_n (resized).jpg149745219_1316591398711912_3907654983526828029_n (resized).jpg149745219_1316591398711912_3907654983526828029_n (resized).jpg
#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I'm guessing your spinner

I'm thinking 6 minutes is probably doable by A level players and the elites will get it done in around 4-5[quoted image][quoted image]

Well your 7:32 gives me something to shoot for. GOOD job on that. I previously read your post about 6 albums at once. Thats what needs to be figured out. Thats huge. It probably has something to do with combos then the red shot. Yes i can verify that red shot is more powerful than the normal shot. I cant find a rules explanation for challenge anywhere. I have to go to work on this!

#2194 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Having an issue with an LE. The left eject scoop switch registers in test and in the game (because it gets kicked out right away). The problem is it doesn't register with the game code. The shot will be lit, you shoot the scoop and it'll kick the ball back out (without going into ball search) but nothing happens and the shot is still lit.
This happened once or twice yesterday, now all the time.

Turned out, the momentum of the ball hitting the switch triggered it only momentarily. Guessing the programming logic is different for the coil to fire and for the game code to register the ball was there. For the coil to fire the switch only needs to register for a split second, for the game to register it, it needs to be some time longer. No idea why the balls weight wasn't enough to actuate the switch any longer, it did seem a little stiff but not so much that you couldn't press it down.

Had me going down a different rabbit holes, because it seemed like it was working fine. Tested fine with an ohm meter/in test mode. Goes to show this is why it's important to do all tests with the balls weight.

#2195 3 years ago

Well your 7:32 gives me something to shoot for. GOOD job on that. I previously read your post about 6 albums at once. Thats what needs to be figured out. Thats huge. It probably has something to do with combos then the red shot. Yes i can verify that red shot is more powerful than the normal shot. I cant find a rules explanation for challenge anywhere. I have to go to work on this!

Added Top of the Charts Challenge Mode:

Display the game mode menu by holding in both flippers.
Choosing Top of the Charts challenge mode starts a challenge mode game.
Top of the Charts Challenge is plays through all 10 songs starting from
a fixed number of sales. Shooting lit shots and hitting switches advances
the number of sales.
When a player earns 999,999 sales, shooting the left eject will award a
platinum record, advance the player to the next song, and add an
additional ball into play.
When the song ends, Top of the Charts challenge ends, all balls in play
will drain, and the game will end.
Player starts with 4 balls in play.
Shooting the ejects during a song increases the song shots and sales
earned at each shot to 2x and 3x.
When a player drains all balls in play, the song sales they have earned
are reduced and a ball is returned to play.
Added a leaderboard to show the top 3 Top of the Charts challenge scores
and Top of the Charts challenge times.
Added a high score entry for Top of the Charts multi-album master.

No real explanation of the "Multi Album Master". My best is two. I'm going to guess it is how many songs completed while maintaining a MB.

#2196 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Added Top of the Charts Challenge Mode:
Display the game mode menu by holding in both flippers.
Choosing Top of the Charts challenge mode starts a challenge mode game.
Top of the Charts Challenge is plays through all 10 songs starting from
a fixed number of sales. Shooting lit shots and hitting switches advances
the number of sales.
When a player earns 999,999 sales, shooting the left eject will award a
platinum record, advance the player to the next song, and add an
additional ball into play.
When the song ends, Top of the Charts challenge ends, all balls in play
will drain, and the game will end.
Player starts with 4 balls in play.
Shooting the ejects during a song increases the song shots and sales
earned at each shot to 2x and 3x.
When a player drains all balls in play, the song sales they have earned
are reduced and a ball is returned to play.
Added a leaderboard to show the top 3 Top of the Charts challenge scores
and Top of the Charts challenge times.
Added a high score entry for Top of the Charts multi-album master.
No real explanation of the "Multi Album Master". My best is two. I'm going to guess it is how many songs completed while maintaining a MB.

ahhh, that sounds right. I will try that strategy

#2197 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

i might have had the same issue on my game. ball would get captured and should start multiball instead it was repeatedly go back up and down. Turned out the the spinner was resting on the ball and probably was blocking the opto which confused the game. in short- make sure the spinner is moving freely.

ok nvmd the spinner thing is back again . Must of been a coincidence.
I know what your talking about, the magnet usually holds on to the ball the whole time though right?.
on mine the magnet lets go of the ball when the spinner is moving down (about half way)

The spinner is free moving, I've already bent the arms and everything so no issues there.
I figure it might be a pin connector issue, the wire is getting pushed pulled on the way down causing the magnet to loose power.
Maybe the opto is loosing power IDK, I'm not sure how the game logic works and what keeps the magnet engaged.

#2198 3 years ago

My wife hooked up my blank pin cup as I wait for my LZ Premium to arrive!

24A17B7A-691E-454E-832F-E20EA242F650 (resized).jpeg24A17B7A-691E-454E-832F-E20EA242F650 (resized).jpegA0714C5E-DDD4-430D-9A67-964D0B659F2E (resized).jpegA0714C5E-DDD4-430D-9A67-964D0B659F2E (resized).jpeg
#2199 3 years ago

Per the instructions at the beginning of the mode:
"KEEP MULTIPLE ALBUMS CHARTING AT ONCE"
"TO MULTIPLY POINTS! (BALLS IN PLAY)"

Ending mode with x number of balls in play = that's how many albums you charted at once

Red shots are 2x points and 2x sales, and boost all other sales shots. Can see how much each shot is giving you sales-wise on LCD.

#2200 3 years ago

70 plays on my LE and no issues thank goodness. We played it a lot over the weekend. IMDN is our favorite music pin we own but LZ is gaining some traction.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 65.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 49.99
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Portland, OR
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions
Plastics
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/44?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.