20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 194.
#1951 3 years ago

Got my LE on Friday. Got alot of plays on it since then! Played great outta the box, then Sat morning the spinner issue popped up, took it apart spread the arms and flipped the spinner around and its worked like a champ since. While we had it opened up to look at the spinner decided to go ahead and swap out the rubber rings for Super-Band rings, posts and flippers. Yesterday I got the Speaker Light kit installed...I'm a little different than most. I prefer the whole speaker area being lit as opposed to just the round speaker area. Most of my games are premiums anyway so I don't have to worry about the speaker showing up. I just went with the deluxe speaker light kit it has the moving lights and multiple patterns. I have this kit in several of my other games and it looks great but it is perfect in Led Zeppelin with all the 70's psychedelic images on the LCD screen. Doug @ Speaker Lights suggested that black plastic canvas would look better mounted behind the light frame and would hide the speaker and allow the hermit acrylic to show up better. I ordered the black canvas from Amazon it comes in a 10.5 X 13.5 #7 sheet that is big enough to get both sides out of 1 sheet. Here's a few pics. I think it looks awesome! I'm lovin' this pin so far!!

Here's the link to the Speaker Lights!! Thanks Doug!!
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

Phoebe

20210209_180800 (resized).jpg20210209_180800 (resized).jpg20210209_181301 (resized).jpg20210209_181301 (resized).jpg20210209_181303 (resized).jpg20210209_181303 (resized).jpg20210209_180733 (resized).jpg20210209_180733 (resized).jpg
#1952 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Needs to be made of thicker wire. It bends easy. This is the issue. Having said this, after bending mine I haven't had issues in about 50-60 plays.

I think for the money this game costs us that Stern should replace this spinner with one that works. We can turn it around, bend wires and stand on our heads, but this is just not right. tech support is also lacking at Stern but I plan to send a message to tech anyway.

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Got my LE on Friday. Got alot of plays on it since then! Played great outta the box, then Sat morning the spinner issue popped up, took it apart spread the arms and flipped the spinner around and its worked like a champ since. While we had it opened up to look at the spinner decided to go ahead and swap out the rubber rings for Super-Band rings, posts and flippers. Yesterday I got the Speaker Light kit installed...I'm a little different than most. I prefer the whole speaker area being lit as opposed to just the round speaker area. Most of my games are premiums anyway so I don't have to worry about the speaker showing up. I just went with the deluxe speaker light kit it has the moving lights and multiple patterns. I have this kit in several of my other games and it looks great but it is perfect in Led Zeppelin with all the 70's psychedelic images on the LCD screen. Doug @ Speaker Lights suggested that black plastic canvas would look better mounted behind the light frame and would hide the speaker and allow the hermit acrylic to show up better. I ordered the black canvas from Amazon it comes in a 10.5 X 13.5 #7 sheet that is big enough to get both sides out of 1 sheet. Here's a few pics. I think it looks awesome! I'm lovin' this pin so far!!
Phoebe[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang! Now I have to spend more $$$$ That looks great!

#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

I think for the money this game costs us that Stern should replace this spinner with one that works. We can turn it around, bend wires and stand on our heads, but this is just not right. tech support is also lacking at Stern but I plan to send a message to tech anyway.

I’d like to know how an operator gets immediate service bulletin for this issue and nothing but crickets for all of us.

#1955 3 years ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

Played a few hours yesterday with no issues but the spinner hung up today so I guess I’m on the list.
[quoted image]

I can only see the one side of the spinner in your picture and it is definitely all the way up against the side. Is there a gap on the other side to let the spinner spin freely?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/31#post-6114295

#1956 3 years ago

How are people fishing wire through to a sub? Drilling a hole ?

#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Through the vent holes on the bottom of the cabinet. Remove one staple and push the plastic screen up a little to fish the wire out.

#1958 3 years ago

One thing that concerns me in regards to the electric magic mech is how it comes up and down during play. I already have held off flipping a few times when it’s moving to avoid smashing the top and the plastic. I know if someone else plays with little pinball knowledge they are gonna smash the hell out of that thing, and possibly air ball right to the icarus. Maybe they will make adjustments with code to how that comes up and down to reduce the risk of it getting hit. If not there might be a need for a replacement plastic for the top at some point or maybe a thin protector for the front edge. Anyone else notice this?

#1959 3 years ago

Was really racking my brain to determine if there is anything that I don’t like about the game/code and there just isn’t. Every freakin shot feels good which is nuts.

From a theme integration code standpoint something I think can use a little polish is these tour modes and their associated multi balls.

While some different video clips/imagery of these tours would be nice they need to throw something else in there specific to say US ‘77 whether it be some vintage Ticket stubs, concert posters, venues/cities on the tour.
Being picky here but this would be icing on the cake for these modes and there’s tons of this stuff out there to use.

Fingers crossed more to come in these areas!

Love this damn game, can’t wait for topper!

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

One thing that concerns me in regards to the electric magic mech is how it comes up and down during play. I already have held off flipping a few times when it’s moving to avoid smashing the top and the plastic. I know if someone else plays with little pinball knowledge they are gonna smash the hell out of that thing, and possibly air ball right to the icarus. Maybe they will make adjustments with code to how that comes up and down to reduce the risk of it getting hit. If not there might be a need for a replacement plastic for the top at some point or maybe a thin protector for the front edge. Anyone else notice this?

I do the same thing. I try not to hit it when its going up or down. Everyone in my house thinks I'm insane.

#1961 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I can only see the one side of the spinner in your picture and it is definitely all the way up against the side. Is there a gap on the other side to let the spinner spin freely?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/31#post-6114295

Yeah there was no gap. I took the top off and bent the brackets just slightly like the bulletin from stern showed and it has been working since then.

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I just pry up with a screwdriver and leave it in while I fish wire thru

#1963 3 years ago

I had spinner problems about 5 games in on my LE. I turned my spinner around 5 days ago, not 1 problem since, it rips. Could have been the bending the wire while turning it made it coincidental, but then I look at the other spinner on the left side, the shorter side is always closer to the bottom of the machine. I think it might be that some just had the sticker put on backward and the spinner was put in the wrong way.

#1964 3 years ago

I prefer the whole speaker area being lit as opposed to just the round speaker area

I think they look great and really match the colors on the game well.

Congrats on receiving your game!

#1965 3 years ago

Darn, sure enough, glass clearance issue...

TheObject.jpgTheObject.jpg
#1966 3 years ago

Phoebe[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Was really racking my brain to determine if there is anything that I don’t like about the game/code and there just isn’t. Every freakin shot feels good which is nuts.

I usually always can find something that is off or needs major tweaking and I have yet to find an issue with my Led Zeppelin LE.

This game is still in my honeymoon stage but I have a strong feeling that this game is a true keeper for me.

Amen Brother!.jpgAmen Brother!.jpg
#1968 3 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Darn, sure enough, glass clearance issue

Topper maybe?

#1969 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

While some different video clips/imagery of these tours would be nice they need to throw something else in there specific to say US ‘77 whether it be some vintage Ticket stubs, concert posters, venues/cities on the tour.
Being picky here but this would be icing on the cake for these modes and there’s tons of this stuff out there to use.

It's laying around everywhere!

StuffToUse (resized).jpgStuffToUse (resized).jpg
#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:It's laying around everywhere!
[quoted image]

Nice, exactly what I’m talking about. Need some
Memorabilia from these tours worked into those modes.

#1971 3 years ago

LOL, with some of the enthusiastic players that come through here here normally, could be an unnecessary glass test situation, and it'd likely dent the armor... think I'll stick with the Stern one.

Game is a blast! Congrats to everyone digging in.

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I removed the plastic topper plug and ran it out of the top of the head, plenty of cable to reach the sub underneath.

#1973 3 years ago

So I have a confession......some Ritchie games kick my ass and force me to put some of my machines on 5 ball(cough Star Wars) but I am having some decent games so far and thinking this machine is a 3 ball machine for me. Some of my machines are 5 ball depending on the level of difficulty for me.

I will say this...I have my Ripley's on 3 ball and it annoys one of my buddies really bad(he wants me to switch to 5 ball so he can get to Antarctica)

#1974 3 years ago

Love the game ! Spinner issue here as well . I bend those brackets and it works and 3 games later it sticks again . Can anyone explain. How to turn it over ? I’m not getting that solution . And how do you remove the spinner at all?
Thanks

#1975 3 years ago

Too snowy here to get mine into the basement.
Snuck it in the front door. Hoping it blends in enough that nobody notices.

4745D2B0-2175-4408-B181-515F22A2596C (resized).jpeg4745D2B0-2175-4408-B181-515F22A2596C (resized).jpeg
#1976 3 years ago

For those with spinner issues. Is there a way to disable the magnet? If I had this title I would adjust the spinner disable the magnet to see if the problem goes away.

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

For those with spinner issues. Is there a way to disable the magnet? If I had this title I would adjust the spinner disable the magnet to see if the problem goes away.

I use the spinner sparingly now until there is a fix. Sure its fun to rip the spinner, but its not coded to the progression of the game or completing wizard modes. I have completed Top of the charts and took World Tour to Berlin (7/10 cities) by avoiding the spinner. Its a fun mech to rip, but honestly if you brick its usually going to one of out lanes or SDTM. When the spinner pops up, I avoid the spinner and continue to make my other shots and it times out shortly after and retreats.
I will start a game occasionally with the spinner rip in mind and rip away but 90 percent of my games are played trying to get a higher score and reaching Wizard modes. Which is still a ton of fun. I got 2.6 Billion score avoiding the spinner. When they code it better and their is a fix, I will add it bag in to the shot arsenal!

#1978 3 years ago
20210209_192639 (resized).jpg20210209_192639 (resized).jpg
#1979 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I use the spinner sparingly now until there is a fix. Sure its fun to rip the spinner, but its not coded to the progression of the game or completing wizard modes. I have completed Top of the charts and took World Tour to Berlin (7/10 cities) by avoiding the spinner. Its a fun mech to rip, but honestly if you brick its usually going to one of out lanes or SDTM. When the spinner pops up, I avoid the spinner and continue to make my other shots and it times out shortly after and retreats.
I will start a game occasionally with the spinner rip in mind and rip away but 90 percent of my games are played trying to get a higher score and reaching Wizard modes. Which is still a ton of fun. I got 2.6 Billion score avoiding the spinner. When they code it better and their is a fix, I will add it bag in to the shot arsenal!

I was playing and the spinner locked up in the first ball. Ended up with a nice grand champion score. Definitely a cool shot that we shouldn't have to avoid but it doesn't seem critical to getting a good score.

#1980 3 years ago

Has anyone received any kind of response from Stern?

I requested a couple extra spinner decals via email the other day just to have in case and mentioned there not being any in the goodie bag and that there should be when your spending this kind of money.

I got a response without yes/no answer. Why do they need to make getting a f’ing sticker difficult?

#1981 3 years ago

#39 GOING TO CALIFORNIA should be here monday ,could be here on friday.I guess that means tuesday.number correction somehow my # changed from 37 to 39 but I dont care as long as its any # between 1 and 500

#1982 3 years ago

What the hell is THAT???

#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Have you turned the spinner around? I did on 2nd day and no issues since. I can't score like you do, but activate the spinner at every opportunity, and always lock a ball on it. Not sure why it seems to work but others are reporting same.

#1984 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What the hell is THAT???

I thought it was appropriate

#1985 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I thought it was appropriate

Oh...did you photoshop that? I thought it was in the game, which is why I got all excited.

#1986 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh...did you photoshop that? I thought it was in the game, which is why I got all excited.

Custom MSG option?

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Have you turned the spinner around? I did on 2nd day and no issues since. I can't score like you do, but activate the spinner at every opportunity, and always lock a ball on it. Not sure why it seems to work but others are reporting same.

I had to fix spinner 3 times originally. I have NOT had to fix it since. Probably about 70 plays and really looooong games since last fix and all is good. I did not flip. I bent to proper angle and have not had problem since. Its weird except the only thing I can think is that I am more conscious of bashing it when another ball is in there.

#1988 3 years ago

Looks perfect in that room I wouldn't bring it into the basement.

#1989 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Too snowy here to get mine into the basement.
Snuck it in the front door. Hoping it blends in enough that nobody notices.[quoted image]

I am going to try this again learning the quot thing. That game looks prefect in that room.

#1990 3 years ago

My premium seems to be working fine out of the box. No spinner issues, glass is reasonably snug. I did change game adj. #47 voice to plus 5-Why didn't they get the AFM
"Blast those martians" lady???
Anyway, 'love the rocking music but I could use some strategy tips. When do you change songs and when is it avisable to just play the current song using multiple balls?
I hear "shoot the eject" for the electric thingy, what is the eject?

#1991 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Its in the settings under custom message. You can write whatever you wish

#1992 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

My premium seems to be working fine out of the box. No spinner issues, glass is reasonably snug. I did change game adj. #47 voice to plus 5-Why didn't they get the AFM
Anyway, 'love the rocking music but I could use some strategy tips. When do you change songs and when is it avisable to just play the current song using multiple balls?

Eject is the ball lock on left above flipper, and upper right orbit shot behind pop bumpers

#1993 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its in the settings under custom message. You can write whatever you wish

Yeah...I took Psw757 's hint. Sorry about that. It's a feature I never use, which is why I didn't even consider it. Duh.

#1994 3 years ago

So I was able to get Stern to send me decals just to have on hand.

I did ask about the spinner and all I got was engineering looking into and they aren’t sure if turning spinner around will be remedy. This came from Pablo.

I was thinking, Jack D streamed for 3+ hours bangin the heck out of it. I don’t recall seeing him have to dick around with the spinner at all.

Is this a luck of the draw issue that depending on who installed spinners on a certain day?

#1995 3 years ago

Got my premium this morning. Game looks so much better sitting in your house. Glass is super tight. I replaced it with Invisiglass and it is slightly looser. I had to bend both the side brackets holding the spinner. It has worked great ever since. It does rip! It is a great player.

I like the looks and sound. I do not mind the call outs. The sound effects are great. The factory speakers are good enough for me also. The side lights are also great. The pin is a beauty.

I do not like the new on/off switch location on the back box.

This pin will never leave while I am still living.

20210210_081635 (resized).jpg20210210_081635 (resized).jpg20210210_092604 (resized).jpg20210210_092604 (resized).jpg20210210_092614 (resized).jpg20210210_092614 (resized).jpg20210210_102147 (resized).jpg20210210_102147 (resized).jpg
#1996 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Got my premium this morning. Game looks so much better sitting in your house. Glass is super tight. I replaced it with Invisiglass and it is slightly looser. I had to bend both the side brackets holding the spinner. It has worked great ever since. It does rip! It is a great player.
I like the looks and sound. I do not mind the call outs. The sound effects are great. The factory speakers are good enough for me also. The side lights are also great. The pin is a beauty.
I do not like the new on/off switch location on the back box.
This pin will never leave while I am still living.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! As far as the sound, I just recieved my pinwoofer kit and am trying backbox speakers too , to see if they fit. Should have sound test in 2 hours, have a few things to do before I can install.

#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Once you get the song to at least 5 gold records ( the record counter is at the top right of the LCD) its a good time to think about going to the next song. *Unless, you are approaching solo which is center ramp or song shot is at center ramp. Ive looped 20 plus shots at center ramp and taken a gold to platinum in a short time.
I start multiballs myself on only certain songs. It sometimes helps you make sure you get through the song. My goal while multiball is running is: Not to only get multiball jackpots, but to get as many song shots as possible also to advance the gold records!
One song I try NOT to run multiballl; is KASHMIR. I feel its a waste. Song is long and if you follow the proper strategy for shots. LEFT shot, right shot,left shot, right shot, you next shot will be center for the rest of the songs verse. That is considering you pulled that off during the verse! I took KASHMIR to 30 gold with this strategy and just kept hammering the center ramp.

Ramble on is GOOD song to run Multiball

SO once you have a least 5 GOLD records you can shoot top eject (green) to change songs

The Electric Magic does NOT help you get to the wizard mode. So if I am trying to advance to the end and progress toward wizard modes, I avoid the electric magic for now.

By the way. The Electric Magic callout to shoot eject: Once you lock the ball in the Electric magic, The shooter lane will then put another ball in play. You have around 15 to 20 seconds to either put that ball in the left eject or the top right orbit eject. If you do it quickly the timer will reset and put another ball in play. Your goal is to lock that ball in the other green eject that is left. If you do, You will now have a 4 ball electric magic multiball. If you fail to lock any further balls. The Electric magic multiball will just be a 2 ball multiball.

Hope this helps and is NOT all Confusing

gold records (resized).jpggold records (resized).jpg
#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks great! As far as the sound, I just recieved my pinwoofer kit and am trying backbox speakers too , to see if they fit. Should have sound test in 2 hours, have a few things to do before I can install.

please let me know if they fit mine are on the way

#1999 3 years ago

Thank you Motor City! Your instructions will help

#2000 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So I was able to get Stern to send me decals just to have on hand.
I did ask about the spinner and all I got was engineering looking into and they aren’t sure if turning spinner around will be remedy. This came from Pablo.
I was thinking, Jack D streamed for 3+ hours bangin the heck out of it. I don’t recall seeing him have to dick around with the spinner at all.
Is this a luck of the draw issue that depending on who installed spinners on a certain day?

I asked for spinner replacement or at the very least to send me decal replacement being the fix they emailed me was no fix. Turning it around was the fix. No response from them since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/40?hl=lrrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.