IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 191.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Limited Edition is paid in full and on order. Can't wait!

Me too. Just dropped check in mail. Didn't wanna make guy pay the cc fees

#152 3 years ago

Is $9,199 really the price?

#153 3 years ago

The stern topper guy needs to be fired

#154 3 years ago

If you'd take an LE for $85 or more if you grab more than one ticket.

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/led-zeppelin-le-pinballmachineraffle

#155 3 years ago

I posted this in the other thread

3 wizard modes and since this is a hype thread I’m going to go out on a limb here
Top of the charts - Stairway - number one rock some to most.
World Tour - not sure maybe the ocean
The Zeppelin with ? - Dazed and confused, it’s from that album.

I’d shit if this is correct

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I posted this in the other thread
3 wizard modes and since this is a hype thread I’m going to go out on a limb here
Top of the charts - Stairway - number one rock some to most.
World Tour - not sure maybe the ocean
The Zeppelin with ? - Dazed and confused, it’s from that album.
I’d shit if this is correct

Major marketing fail on Stern's part if the game actually has all of those songs, but doesn't mention them in any of the promotional materials. That's what makes me worry that they don't. I'm wondering if this is a case (much like Aerosmith with "Dream On") where the biggest song was too expensive to license.

#157 3 years ago

Just because she should be on every page of this Thread.

eb5a6f014d9339bb5feba9805dfdf851b0848267 (resized).jpgeb5a6f014d9339bb5feba9805dfdf851b0848267 (resized).jpg
#158 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Major marketing fail on Stern's part if the game actually has all of those songs, but doesn't mention them in any of the promotional materials. That's what makes me worry that they don't. I'm wondering if this is a case (much like Aerosmith with "Dream On") where the biggest song was too expensive to license.

Not sure but those inserts for wizard modes are descriptive and there are quite a few modes in this game to not have any specific music tied to any of it.

Don’t recall anyone saying dream on was too expensive, I remember everyone saying too slow much like stairway.

Mode called top of the charts, that’s stairway
Mode with a ? I read as dazed and confused.

Maybe not marketed because wizard mode, may never see it, element of surprise?

Again, just taking a wild guess.

#159 3 years ago

Led Zepplin is iconic but $9200 + tax + shipping
Is not Iconic enough for such Home pin version to me that they present here

I can play my Flash Gordon instead with Zepplin
Over the sound system in the room

Maybe down the line pick one up at $6500 or so
Look at Beatles

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Led Zepplin is iconic but $9200 + tax + shipping
Is not Iconic enough for such Home pin version to me that they present here
I can play my Flash Gordon instead with Zepplin
Over the sound system in the room
Maybe down the line pick one up at $6500 or so
Look at Beatles

I got one $9200 delivered.

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Did that come with Vasoline?

#162 3 years ago

Are any distributors taking just deposits? I’m in for an LE and the distributor wants payment full now.

Timing is bad for me with pending divorce and moving out of state. I was hoping for deposit and a few months wait.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

If you'd take an LE for $85 or more if you grab more than one ticket.
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/led-zeppelin-le-pinballmachineraffle

Todd, does the downvote mean you won't be buying a ticket?

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

Are any distributors taking just deposits? I’m in for an LE and the distributor wants payment full now.
Timing is bad for me with pending divorce and moving out of state. I was hoping for deposit and a few months wait.

Game room guys wants money paid upfront! Why would anyone do that? Can they even legally take full payment for a item that isn’t produced or shipped yet?

#165 3 years ago

First le I've bought, but reading here in past, le up front payment kinda normal. Im sure well known buyers and a few others get past that. Also, with what's goin on in the world now, im sure distributors want to be assured they aren't on the hook for these.

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

The stern topper guy needs to be fired

I agree - just make some effort to make me feel like it's close to worth the price I am paying

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I agree - just make some effort to make me feel like it's close to worth the price I am paying

This is simple capitalism. Why would Stern make a more expensive topper if people are willing to pay the price for the current BOM? If anything they are probably kicking themselves for not charging enough for the BKSOR topper. That topper should have been $1000 if you want to compare the value to the current toppers.

#168 3 years ago

I'm in on an LE.. and have a GNR LE as well. Although this is not what I was expecting? I think it makes total sense and very excited about! If there are others who own a GNR and have played it? I think they will love the contrast. I'm really anticipating a great shooter and having the ball go somewhere. GNR has been like playing 3D chess, it's great, but my brain is about to explode. With this? I'm just excited to get the Led out. The retro blue is cool and the Icarus was Always the defining logo of Led Zeppelin, it was on everything, they even picked it for the Swan Song record label. Great job Steve Ritchie! and congrats LE owners. Can't wait to play!

#169 3 years ago

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think the LE looks bad ass and is the best looking one of the three. Yes , at first sight I thought the blue on the LE looked kind of funky, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. It has that 1970's look and fits in with the theme perfectly. If the blue is bothering to a person, I think traditional stainless steel armor would look great also.

Im looking forward to my LE.

#170 3 years ago

That Topper looks like it was designed, reviewed and approved over a Zoom call.

#171 3 years ago

The ascending spinner is like the Stonehenge prop.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#172 3 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think the LE looks bad ass and is the best looking one of the three. Yes , at first sight I thought the blue on the LE looked kind of funky, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. It has that 1970's look and fits in with the theme perfectly. If the blue is bothering to a person . I think traditional stainless steel armor would look great also.
Im looking forward to my LE.

The stern armor, blk legs and black lock bar might really look good

#173 3 years ago

JJ is sold out. Any other ideas? I agree *puke* on the blue trim, but I'm still in.

#174 3 years ago

My distro did not require pay in full in advance for the LE, just 2k deposit until ready to ship.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

First le I've bought, but reading here in past, le up front payment kinda normal. Im sure well known buyers and a few others get past that. Also, with what's goin on in the world now, im sure distributors want to be assured they aren't on the hook for these.

Quoted from 80sMan:

I'm in on an LE.. and have a GNR LE as well. Although this is not what I was expecting? I think it makes total sense and very excited about! If there are others who own a GNR and have played it? I think they will love the contrast. I'm really anticipating a great shooter and having the ball go somewhere. GNR has been like playing 3D chess, it's great, but my brain is about to explode. With this? I'm just excited to get the Led out. The retro blue is cool and the Icarus was Always the defining logo of Led Zeppelin, it was on everything, they even picked it for the Swan Song record label. Great job Steve Ritchie! and congrats LE owners. Can't wait to play!

Congrats to all the new owners! I think the game looks killer.

Maybe the OP can change the name of the thread to an owners club once the game starts shipping.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 3 years ago

Just came here to say don’t worry about all the hate guys. This game is going to rock. As someone who watched my favorite title get shit on last December and has it ruin my excitement a bit I’ll just say that Stranger Things is still my most played game in my collection. The group think on pinside is silly. Don’t let the bastards get you down and enjoy the new game!

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Just came here to say don’t worry about all the hate guys. This game is going to rock. As someone who watched my favorite title get shit on last December and has it ruin my excitement a bit I’ll just say that Stranger Things is still my most played game in my collection. The group think on pinside is silly. Don’t let the bastards get you down and enjoy the new game!

I think many will be eating crow when it’s shoots great and actually know how the modes and game progresses.

I also think there may be some misinterpretation on this whole linear rule issue, we will know soon.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think many will be eating crow when it’s shoots great and actually know how the modes and game progresses.
I also think there may be some misinterpretation on this whole linear rule issue, we will know soon.

As far as linear progression down the list of songs Tim seems to mention this in the podcast where he explains it was by design to make it flow like a concert set list song to song but it did also sound like you can disable this not sure how song selection would work then, maybe random?

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

As far as linear progression down the list of songs Tim seems to mention this in the podcast where he explains it was by design to make it flow like a concert set list song to song but it did also sound like you can disable this not sure how song selection would work then, maybe random?

I didn’t get to watch that yet. Any discussion about the tour modes and wizard modes and how they come into play?

#180 3 years ago

$2K deposit paid for an LE and also requested the topper. The blue armor looks like crap IMO, but I plan to change it out with black or chrome trim and switch out the blue speaker trim rings with a color changing kit like I did for Aerosmith LE and Maiden LE. I'm glad they limited LE production to 500 units as this is a special game for die hard Zeppelin fans and pin collectors. Taking a pass on that huge Stern shooter knob and will look into other options once the game arrives. Let's hope for high-quality playfields with no clear lifting or chipping around posts. This is going to be a special game, can't wait to see some live gameplay footage and review of the rule set. Do we know if Stairway to Heaven will be the attract mode song or an unlockable song by completing the final wizard mode? It was super cool to unlock End of the Line on Metallica LE.

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

$2K deposit paid for an LE and also requested the topper. The blue armor looks like crap IMO, but I plan to change it out with black or chrome trim and switch out the blue speaker trim rings with a color changing kit like I did for Aerosmith LE and Maiden LE. I'm glad they limited LE production to 500 units as this is a special game for die hard Zeppelin fans and pin collectors. Taking a pass on that huge Stern shooter knob and will look into other options once the game arrives. Let's hope for high-quality playfields with no clear lifting or chipping around posts. This is going to be a special game, can't wait to see some live gameplay footage and review of the rule set. Do we know if Stairway to Heaven will be the attract mode song or an unlockable song by completing the final wizard mode? It was super cool to unlock End of the Line on Metallica LE.

If you are making all those changes, why not just get a premium?

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

$2K deposit paid for an LE and also requested the topper. The blue armor looks like crap IMO

Nice.

I think it is gonna look pretty badass in person, myself.

...but if not, it can be swapped out to your tastes, like you said.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I didn’t get to watch that yet. Any discussion about the tour modes and wizard modes and how they come into play?

Yeah, it’s worth a listen. Sounds like zeppelin multiball is easy to achieve, tour multi ball allows selection of the tour from the left eject scoop. Tours are scored on top of songs so two objectives may overlap for more score based on what you select. Quite a bit of information. Also they note that it will be streamed on Facebook live on Friday from what they said. I will say that it sounds like a bunch of time was spent on the lighting system interacting with songs so interesting to see what that will look like in gameplay.

#184 3 years ago

Based of how inferior this is to my JJPCE....I'm out! It doesn't even come close to the immersion of what Jersey Jack is offering compared to this crap! I don't need to see the same picture over and over again as to only find out that the biggest feature is nothing more than the spinner! The one thing I got out of this is that jjp cares more about how to use their licensing versus Stern. If anything, this only solidified my purchase and makes me thank God I did not get rid of my GNR for this turd

#185 3 years ago

Dealer told me a few hours ago all LE's are spoken for per his conversation with Stern today. Luckily I snagged one, can't wait!

#186 3 years ago

I’m all in. Distributor required full payment upfront. I’ve been number 3 on a list for over 2 years just in case it really happened. It’s Celebration Day!

#187 3 years ago

Any word on when the LE's will be produced? I heard the Premiums will be produced in February, I'm assuming the pros are already made or on line now, so when would the LE's be made?

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Difficult to say this as I love me some Led Zeppelin and not a GNR fan at all - but GNR LE blows away LZ LE
that blue armor just looks blah
Game Does look a whole lotta fun - there is just no real value in a stern LE
and when I read signature included - I looked to see what band member --- Steve Ritchie
Can't wait to play this and the other dozen pins I have yet to try due to COVID
and I just have to say, stern is really phoning it in with the $1000 toppers
Could of at least given us a 1/2 molded blimp - flat plastic blimp looks terrible
take the PF blimp, cut it in half and stick it on that topper with some leds

Fantastic read!!

#189 3 years ago

What a turd!

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from Daveeb2000:

Any word on when the LE's will be produced? I heard the Premiums will be produced in February, I'm assuming the pros are already made or on line now, so when would the LE's be made?

According to the distributor, LZ LE’s will ship in January

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Based of how inferior this is to my JJPCE....I'm out! It doesn't even come close to the immersion of what Jersey Jack is offering compared to this crap! I don't need to see the same picture over and over again as to only find out that the biggest feature is nothing more than the spinner! The one thing I got out of this is that jjp cares more about how to use their licensing versus Stern. If anything, this only solidified my purchase and makes me thank God I did not get rid of my GNR for this turd

3C6C7444-1A6A-4288-9550-D0C30EEBE15F.gif3C6C7444-1A6A-4288-9550-D0C30EEBE15F.gif
#192 3 years ago

Well prove me wrong

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Well prove me wrong

Do you have either machine yet? I'm curious to see how both play. I've yet to buy a jjp, and will still give gnr a try. But until I put time on both, I think its absurd, at best , to compare

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Do you have either machine yet? I'm curious to see how both play. I've yet to buy a jjp, and will still give gnr a try. But until I put time on both, I think its absurd, at best , to compare

I agree with gameplay... But especially, there's no comparison. LZ makes me want to choke on my on vomit

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I agree with gameplay... But especially, there's no comparison. LZ makes me want to choke on my on vomit

Seems excessive but to each his own

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

GNR makes me feel like I’m splitting logs the old school way.

#198 3 years ago

Dammit, if JJP had gotten the license I would be all in. But nooooo, he went with a rehash of asshat blows. God I hate that tool.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

I’m all in. Distributor required full payment upfront. I’ve been number 3 on a list for over 2 years just in case it really happened. It’s Celebration Day!

I locked into my LE several months ago. Now locked in and looking forward to my next LE. Dec 2021. Ozzy/Sabbath. After that I’m done. Can’t think of anything I would want. Unless Stern did a Metallica kill em all. With every song from the Kill em all album. Full artwork also. Honestly if they did this I would be in at 12k sight unseen.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Hope someone is home to help you when you do

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.