20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 194.
#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Could be a setup issue. In 100+ no airball off the third flipper. Seems odd.
I have seen one go go up center ramp and jump off ramp to the left, not sure why though. Landed on wireform so no harm no foul.

Just something to watch, not too surprising for a new game. That open area under the left ramp will need to be blocked off or balls will end up there one way or the other. My LZ Pro is on location and I haven't found a ball sitting on that plastic until I hit one there myself. Game has around 900 plays on it. Other than having all lockdown bar latch screw holes stripped out and a couple of minor adjustments, game has been very reliable.

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Just something to watch, not too surprising for a new game. That open area under the left ramp will need to be blocked off or balls will end up there one way or the other. My LZ Pro is on location and I haven't found a ball sitting on that plastic until I hit one there myself. Game has around 900 plays on it. Other than having all lockdown bar latch screw holes stripped out and a couple of minor adjustments, game has been very reliable.

900 plays is good in these times!!

#1853 3 years ago

Nothing compared to some of the scores I've seen, but I'm loving this game more and more!!!! Steve Ritchie nailed it on this one!

20210207_094026 (resized).jpg20210207_094026 (resized).jpg
#1854 3 years ago

Wow as soon as I think I have seen it all, something new comes about. You guys talking about apron protectors really had me scratching my head? I did not realize an apron is something to protect? I have thousands of games on my machines and have never had an issue with apron wear? Is this for real? I can see protecting the shooter lane(it gets hammered), but to protect the apron? I know it is cheap or whatever-but I seriously am having a hard time understanding why?

#1855 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Steve Ritchie nailed it on this one!

The 'KING' has struck again!

Another Ritchie masterpiece...We are not worthy!

Steve Ritchie.jpgSteve Ritchie.jpgWere not worthy.gifWere not worthy.gif
#1856 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Damn. 20 games after fixing the spinner issue, the mech will no longer retract all the way.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine did this 10 games in last tuesday night ,Mine was binding with right side higher than left ,Motor stopped working ,had to take off motor actuator for it to go down .I Have had no electric magic since then ,Sent e mail to stern that night ,Be 1 week tommorrow and no reply ?

#1857 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Wow as soon as I think I have seen it all, something new comes about. You guys talking about apron protectors really had me scratching my head? I did not realize an apron is something to protect? I have thousands of games on my machines and have never had an issue with apron wear? Is this for real? I can see protecting the shooter lane(it gets hammered), but to protect the apron? I know it is cheap or whatever-but I seriously am having a hard time understanding why?

Its not the apron that is being protected. It is the playfield that the metal aprons cut into. I have seen fairly new HUO games cut to the wood through the clear coat. Look at the 5th picture in this ad. The one with the apron removed:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1192-apron-envy/04424-apron-edgers-stern-metal-aprons-with-riveted-eye-bolts

#1858 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnsarcade:

Mine did this 10 games in last tuesday night ,Mine was binding with right side higher than left ,Motor stopped working ,had to take off motor actuator for it to go down .I Have had no electric magic since then ,Sent e mail to stern that night ,Be 1 week tommorrow and no reply ?

I am guessing that we will be seeing a few more of these posts. Right after I had fixed the spinner issue, I noticed that I became very hesitant to aim, or should I say, clobber the spinner shot. The mech has "break" written all over it... The engineers are probably working on a solution(s), but this might be an ongoing issue due to the constant pounding on the mech.

#1859 3 years ago

Listening to Dazed and Confused on radio right now and man would this make for an epic wizard mode!

???????????

#1860 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I am guessing that we will be seeing a few more of these posts. Right after I had fixed the spinner issue, I noticed that I became very hesitant to aim, or should I say, clobber the spinner shot. The mech has "break" written all over it... The engineers are probably working on a solution(s), but this might be an ongoing issue due to the constant pounding on the mech.

Mine is retracting ok, but Saturday the spinner came off and jammed the mech while it was retracting. I've contacted stern too, let's see what happens. Im still diggin the game immensely tho, ,

#1861 3 years ago

Did anyone see my msg last night from a different thread mention a Stern Service bulletin that has been issued?

Is this legit?

#1862 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did anyone see my msg last night from a different thread mention a Stern Service bulletin that has been issued?
Is this legit?

I saw the thread, recieved nothing from stern

#1863 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I saw the thread, recieved nothing from stern

Did they get it because they are an operator?

Be nice if they shared that with all owners.

#1864 3 years ago

I just asked him to share that service bulletin over here since Stern isnt responding to any of you who contacted them.

#1865 3 years ago

I'd like to at least know if the bulletin was a fix or replacement or disable until a fix,,,,

#1866 3 years ago

Apparently Stern has piss poor technical support. Been waiting days myself on weak shooter rod right out of the box on my LE.

FB profile pic (resized).jpgFB profile pic (resized).jpg
#1867 3 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

Apparently Stern has piss poor technical support. Been waiting days myself on weak shooter rod right out of the box on my LE.[quoted image]

Have you tried a diff spring or cap?

#1868 3 years ago

I found the culprit. Now I can't get the magic box to budge to remove the post. Ran motor test but no go. I am surprised that tech support hasn't got back to some of you.. They have always been really good at getting back to me anytime I have had a machine problem. Usually the same day.

20210208_123341 (resized).jpg20210208_123341 (resized).jpg20210208_124516 (resized).jpg20210208_124516 (resized).jpg
#1869 3 years ago

Cant tell, did post break or come unscrewed, or

#1870 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Cant tell, did post break or come unscrewed, or

Looks like unscrewed hopefully, I can see a bunch of threads on it.

#1871 3 years ago

Haha, I see so much better with my readers on. Should be easy fix, guess I'll go check mine ,maybe a bit of blue lock time needed, depending on ease of removal in future

#1872 3 years ago

Yes. Easy fix, once I figured out the cause. Obviously something everyone should check and tighten.

20210208_132256 (resized).jpg20210208_132256 (resized).jpg
#1873 3 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

Apparently Stern has piss poor technical support. Been waiting days myself on weak shooter rod right out of the box on my LE.[quoted image]

The rod is likely off center. Loosen the four screws on the assembly and move it so the rod hits the ball dead center.

#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Yes. Easy fix, once I figured out the cause. Obviously something everyone should check and tighten.
[quoted image]

I'd put a small dab of blue locktite on it. Not much is needed and don't use red. Heat is needed to loosen red locktite 1 drop of blue shoukd be plenty

#1875 3 years ago

After observing my kids play a bunch of games yesterday and paying close attention to the spinner and mech behavior, I have a new theory on the potential cause of binding.

I haven’t experienced any binding yet however I do see a violent action taking place when the magnet grabs the ball at times. I can easily see how if the spinner isn’t oriented properly the magnet would grab ball and totally bend the spinner wire.

You really need to focus on the magnet grab and interaction with target and need it in slo mo video because it happens so fast.

Just a casual observation and maybe someone else can take a look.

Edit - want to add that I think I see when magnet grabs ball it doesn’t always move in a front back motion, sometimes it moves on an angle to get to the center and I would think that could be bad for spinner and brackets.

#1876 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd put a small dab of blue locktite on it. Not much is needed and don't use red. Heat is needed to loosen red locktite 1 drop of blue shoukd be plenty

Great idea! Thanks!

#1877 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

Well thats new. Thanks for posting. Will check mine!

#1878 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Great idea! Thanks!

I checked mine, all were tight but I still locktited em all. However, all 4 bolts holding mech in playfield were extremely loose, each took 2 or 3 turns to snug. Better be checking these often too. I didn't locktite these. Wanna see if they do loosen first. I have red ones coming, these look better on game than pic shows

20210208_122951 (resized).jpg20210208_122951 (resized).jpg
#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I checked mine, all were tight but I still locktited em all. However, all 4 bolts holding mech in playfield were extremely loose, each took 2 or 3 turns to snug. Better be checking these often too. I didn't locktite these. Wanna see if they do loosen first. I have red ones coming, these look better on game than pic shows[quoted image]

You talking the screws visible from above or is there something beneath to check as well?

#1880 3 years ago

Does anyone else think about the decapitation scene from the original Omen when placing lock bars on the ground? Fortunately, we won't need to worry about it with LZ.

#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You talking the screws visible from above or is there something beneath to check as well?

The 4 visible Phillips on the playfield

#1882 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Does anyone else think about the decapitation scene from the original Omen when placing lock bars on the ground? Fortunately, we won't need to worry about it with LZ.

Mine is getting better tho, have had it out 10 times at least

#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thanks, I’ll give them a look later.

#1884 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

The rod is likely off center. Loosen the four screws on the assembly and move it so the rod hits the ball dead center.

I think you are absolutely correct. I remember now I had to do that on my Spiderman and that worked well after that. I simply forgot that fix. Thanks. Funny how we get better technical support on pinside forums. I recently had problem with my Chicago Gaming Monster Bash,LE about a week ago. Got immediate tech support there from George. He sent pictures and his cell number to call. Just like the old days at Stern.

#1885 3 years ago

I have had a ton of fun with this game and dialing in the shots. I just Posted a Gameplay tutorial for the current code as I have reached as far as you can possibly get in the current code. There is no secrets or spoilers revealed in the video other than some great tips.

I made it to WORLD TOUR and completed 7/10 cities. Made it to Berlin
Completed Top of the Charts and went Platinum on all 10 songs
Had A 12x Icarus Multiplier
1.8 Billion Score

#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I have had a ton of fun with this game and dialing in the shots. I just Posted a Gameplay tutorial for the current code as I have reached as far as you can possibly get in the current code. There is no secrets or spoilers revealed in the video other than some great tips.
I made it to WORLD TOUR and completed 7/10 cities. Made it to Berlin
Completed Top of the Charts and went Platinum on all 10 songs
Had A 12x Icarus Multiplier
1.8 Billion Score

Dang, blocked already

#1887 3 years ago

Picked up 443/500 today. So far only two issues, after about four games the right flipper button fell out so I had to replace the c-clip holding it together and the serial number sticker on the back of the game was ripped. Reached out to stern hopefully they can send me a replacement sticker. I did see number 420 in the box so someone in NJ might be getting lucky with the 420 Blaze It Edition LOL.

LED ZEP LE (resized).JPGLED ZEP LE (resized).JPGLED ZEP LE BACKBOX (resized).JPGLED ZEP LE BACKBOX (resized).JPGLED ZEP LE SN (resized).JPGLED ZEP LE SN (resized).JPG
#1888 3 years ago

I have a small chip in the glass. Its not visible as it sits under the moulding in the back. Thoughts? Should I contact Stern? I noticed it the first time I had the glass out and every time I remove it it bothers me more.

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Dang, blocked already

Yeah I was worried about that. The songs. Crazy that my last one is still up. Same music. Im going to try 30 minute gameplay instead of over an hour

#1890 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Dang, blocked already

The content seems to be available again.
Go check it out while you can

#1891 3 years ago

after about 40 games, you can add me to the spinner list.

this is how it came to rest 3 different times.

operating on it this afternoon.

IMG_8204 (resized).jpgIMG_8204 (resized).jpgIMG_8205 (resized).jpgIMG_8205 (resized).jpgIMG_8207 (resized).jpgIMG_8207 (resized).jpg
#1892 3 years ago

#25 sits beside #25

8D4F4343-3EA7-45C8-8FF8-461A48C36CDE (resized).jpeg8D4F4343-3EA7-45C8-8FF8-461A48C36CDE (resized).jpegEEA28A2D-1F0D-4851-9B45-A52BA1119671 (resized).jpegEEA28A2D-1F0D-4851-9B45-A52BA1119671 (resized).jpeg
#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think those 4 screws are to level mech even with playfield. Too tight and mech sits to low.

#1894 3 years ago

\

Quoted from Diamond:

I think those 4 screws are to level mech even with playfield. Too tight and mech sits to low.

Yes. They had blue locktite on them as well. I originally put them back and screwed them all the way in. Bad move as it wasn't level.

#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

That is correct - they only hold the cover on and they have rubber rings on the other side so that there is pressure back to avoid having the mech sink in. They should be tightened to level the top to the playfield and no tighter.

#1896 3 years ago

Anyone hear anything about premiums on the line yet or is it still CE’s? I saw a couple pics of premiums and wasn’t sure if that was a fluke. Lol

#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

The content seems to be available again.
Go check it out while you can

Just tried. Blocked

#1898 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Mine were very loose. I'll have to check level, didn't notice a diff when I did it

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

So too tight and EM plastic sits below metal bezel and backing them out slightly would raise it to be flush with the metal ring?

Am I reading this correct for future reference?

#1900 3 years ago

after a week of delays due to weather (or just poor UPS freight service) #391 has arrived at the Wicked Pissa Pinball Pit. The game went together flawlessly and played perfectly out of the box. Looks and plays even better than expected. spinner worked well out of the box, but ill still give it a tweak next time i have the glass off.

146649804_527530118227216_7768504018972696902_n (resized).jpg146649804_527530118227216_7768504018972696902_n (resized).jpg147439487_122429783105460_616572647699877354_n (resized).jpg147439487_122429783105460_616572647699877354_n (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/38?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.