20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 194.
#1801 3 years ago

If you can put this on a guitar pick you can put it on a cap and how about instead of round pop caps an oversized guitar pick shape?

98D1ACDD-A668-490A-8182-C6321A61D321 (resized).png98D1ACDD-A668-490A-8182-C6321A61D321 (resized).png

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Setup LE #24 last night and today, game was perfect right out of the box, no spinner issues and being one shouldn’t fix anything that’s not broken, just put some white lubricant grease with a q-tip on the sides of the bracket and through the holes where the wireform goes through so no friction. I have to say too that I absolutely love the Stern unboxing experience. The way they wrap the legs and put them on the sides, near impossible to cut with the utility knife or scratch up and the washers for the screws while putting the legs on are the perfect size for a socket wrench so no marking them up that way either. When unboxing JJP’s, you have to really watch, the legs aren’t wrapped and they can come crashing down and damage easily so many different ways, plus they are heavy as hell, I was able to put LZ together in the garage, and move it inside without taking the door off, what a relief. Cartoon Gary on the playfield glass always brings a smile too, love that guy. Guys, the Lermods Hermit is a MUST. It fills the otherwise sparse area in the back right corner and I think it looks aesthetically pleasing as it’s the right size to balance with the Zeppelin on the left and the lantern flickering is Awesome, too! I added some apron protectors, chose yellow and put up my makeshift topper too until the official one comes in, chose yellow vinyl as well. Something cool, I met Steve Ritchie at a show once a few years back and he was signing translites, I didn’t have a game of his at the time and was kind of bummed out because I sold my T2 many moons ago so I think it’s super cool that the game is singed by him and feels like redemption. Steve, if you ever read Pinside? I just want you to know that my wife played both GNR and Zeppelin tonight, she rarely plays pinball, I didn’t say anything and I asked her which game she liked better? And she said Zeppelin before I could even finish! I asked why ands she said that it was faster and more fun. Then the very next thing was.. and oh my God, just look at it! That GNR seemed old. That she liked when the songs came on, but was weirded out by the weak plunger skill shot. Lol. Overall, I think LZ is fun, period! And I’ve played and have owned a heck of a lot of games in my lifetime. It ain’t going nowhere! Love it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!! Where did you find your apron protectors?

#1803 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where did you get the flipper art?
Anyone getting the Big Ben/Parliament mod from mezel mods?

I have these coming from cointaker going to try red ones with red flipper rubbers first

Screenshot_20210207-071317_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210207-071317_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have these coming from cointaker going to try red ones with red flipper rubbers first
[quoted image]

Wow..I like those, I think I like the red. Maybe get the red mothership decals for the Zep to tie it all together.

#1805 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I 3D print my own simple protectors, but a fellow pinsider has taken the design to the next level and offers a number of colors. Before buying a 3d printer I always would put a strip of mylar under the metal apron to keep it from digging into the clear coat. To me the full plastic protector is a much better method. For the price, this is a no brainer:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1192-apron-envy/04424-apron-edgers-stern-metal-aprons-with-riveted-eye-bolts

#1806 3 years ago

Anyone else have issues with weak shooter rod on this game?

#1807 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow..I like those, I think I like the red. Maybe get the red mothership decals for the Zep to tie it all together.

If you look on cointakers site it shows them with reference flipp rubbers. I think it looks great!

#1808 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If you can put this on a guitar pick you can put it on a cap and how about instead of round pop caps an oversized guitar pick shape?
[quoted image]

I ordered volume 1 & 2 from Etsy and they showed up yesterday. I suppose they can be just attached to the apron or other places, but I am very picking about clutter and bolting on toys and things just because they are there. If I find a nice spot for them on the back panel or something I might double side tape a few in.

The real reason I got them was to possibly scan them an make some new spinner decals. To me the picks would be the perfect size for this.

Quoted from colonelmikey:

My shooter works ok, but it was really poorly built. It had mold lines around the edges that I had to try to sand down. I don't like the Stern shooter enough to pay $90 for it, so I will be looking for an alternative shooter and housing sticker when they come available.

And yes, I still would like to see another option or two on the pop bumper caps.

20210207_112837 (resized).jpg20210207_112837 (resized).jpg
#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I ordered volume 1 & 2 from Etsy and they showed up yesterday. I suppose they can be just attached to the apron or other places, but I am very picking about clutter and bolting on toys and things just because they are there. If I find a nice spot for them on the back panel or something I might double side tape a few in.
The real reason I got them was to possibly scan them an make some new spinner decals. To me the picks would be the perfect size for this.

My shooter works ok, but it was really poorly built. It had mold lines around the edges that I had to try to sand down. I don't like the Stern shooter enough to pay $90 for it, so I will be looking for an alternative shooter and housing sticker when they come available.
And yes, I still would like to see another option or two on the pop bumper caps.

Modfather has some generic round mukti color shooters, might be ok. Im thinkin there won't be a ton of options. I prob should just buy the stern one as I've ordered the topper, but that shooter,,,,,,

#1810 3 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

I have issues with a weak shooter rod, but that's tied directly to the age of my "game."

I have no issues with the Zeppelin shooter rod because I don't have one yet. So...hooray?

#1811 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have issues with a weak shooter rod, but that's tied directly to the age of my "game."
I have no issues with the Zeppelin shooter rod because I don't have one yet. So...hooray?

My shooter is fine. And the one on zepp works good too. I remember having a small burr in metallicas guide I had to clean. And to the reviewers who say there's no skill shot, they are there, not real exciting but you change the led targets with flipper then plunge to hit selected letter. Shaker works well if you do hit it.

#1812 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

And yes, I still would like to see another option or two on the pop bumper caps.[quoted image]

I’m not a fan of clutter and cheap crap either. It needs to be tasteful and I was implying that if those images can be printed on a small guitar pick it would look better on a pop cap. Take it a step further and shape the pop bumper cap like a guitar pick and boom!

#1813 3 years ago

I've been looking through the adjustments....and can't find the EQ....how do I get to this?

#1814 3 years ago

After two days with the game:

- My spinner was almost stuck before I even played a game. Spread the brackets a bit and put a dab of silicone oil on the metal and it has been ripping perfectly since. Those shots through the spinner into Icarus and into the top ramp are some of the most satisfying ever in pinball IMHO.

- Glass is tighter than usual, but in my case not too bad. I can remove it easily.

- Holy crap this game is amazing to play! I am not even sure I understand *why* it all flows so perfectly and why the shots feel so damn fun to hit, but there is clearly some kind of magic to this layout. Still exploring the rules but so far the progression has been very natural and interesting.

I love the way it looks, it shoots and the way it feels... I am only a bit ashamed to admit that I got quick goosebumps from a few song/gameplay moments. These songs man... these songs are forever.

#1815 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I've been looking through the adjustments....and can't find the EQ....how do I get to this?

Its in utilities, under volume. Toggle thru and you'll see it

#1816 3 years ago

Got word that my premium may get delivered this week!

#1817 3 years ago

Hey guyz and dollz...I thought I would post a heads up on a problem I discovered on a pro we delivered to a cxustomer. there is a spot where the ball can bounce out of the rail and get stuck next to the zeppelin. The fix is an easy one. Get a piece of spring steel wire, like what is used for ball gates. (piano wire) and bend it so it will attach to the screws next to the zepp...if you have this problem you will see what i mean...

zepp (resized).jpgzepp (resized).jpg
#1818 3 years ago

Designed these for my Friend Rusty's LZ-LE - the Blue Filament is the closest one I could find to the LZ-LE BackBox Blue Vinyl Trim.

The Purple Metallic will be for our LZ-Premium when it finally gets here.

Shown with FF Speakers & PBL's 5-1/4" LE-Style Speaker Panels & I'm betting the Factory LE Speakers with the Silver Cones will really kick-up the LED lighting I'll be adding to them this week.

PBL Link requested:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html

IMG_3174 (resized).JPGIMG_3174 (resized).JPGIMG_3176 (resized).JPGIMG_3176 (resized).JPG

#1819 3 years ago

Did stern not install the handle on the on back of playfield to help lifting it on track when sliding back into place? My maiden Premium has one. Nothing on zep LE.

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Did stern not install the handle on the on back of playfield to help lifting it on track when sliding back into place? My maiden Premium has one. Nothing on zep LE.

They did not - however it seems like they may have redesigned the "Stop/Bump" you need to nudge it over as it seems to go over fairly smoothly with a little push on the Premium and LE's I've come across so far.

#1821 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

My first with the new lock bar latches on each side....and the on/off switch on the head... Not sure how I feel about both....

#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

It's not a handle, it's a crash bar to protect parts back there. That said, it does work well as a handle! Not all games will have them sadly, only the ones that need them.

#1823 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

- Holy crap this game is amazing to play! I am not even sure I understand *why* it all flows so perfectly and why the shots feel so damn fun to hit, but there is clearly some kind of magic to this layout. Still exploring the rules but so far the progression has been very natural and interesting.

This would be Sir Steve Ritchie!

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Got word that my premium may get delivered this week!

Schweeet!

#1825 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

Designed these for my Friend Rusty's LZ-LE - the Blue Filament is the closest one I could find to the LZ-LE BackBox Blue Vinyl Trim.
Shown with FF Speakers & PBL's 5-1/4" LE-Style Speaker Panels & I'm betting the Factory LE Speakers with the Silver Cones will really kick-up the LED lighting I'll be adding to them this week.
PBL Link requested:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Been waitin for something like these. Looks great!! Where can I get a blue set?

#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

PBL Link requested:
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like, you able to get a photo installed?

#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like, you able to get a photo installed?

I'm wondering how they look behind the grills at a players distance away.

#1828 3 years ago

Are you going to be making something soon? I've been waiting on ordering lights till I see what you have. Thx

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are you going to be making something soon? I've been waiting on ordering lights till I see what you have. Thx

Yeah, I hope to have these on my website (www.SpeakerLightKits.com) in the next couple of days. They will be in the Acrylic Designs section for $22.50 a pair. Each design will be facing opposite from each other and include the mounting hardware and spacers that are recommended to go between the back of the designs and the front of the honeycomb grill of the SPIKE 2 speaker panel.

With this type of design (one that has a large etched area that allows light to shine through it) it is recommended to NOT use the speaker foam or the plastic canvas that I sell on my website. As you can see from the pictures, the foam darkens the design and when adding the plastic canvas to help spread the light....it just makes the honeycomb grill pattern show through the etched detail area of the design more than it should. So a person is free to mount things as they would like, but I think leaving the area behind the grill with no foam or plastic canvas looks much better with this type of design.

This is showing the design with a Type 11 or Type 12 Speaker Light Kit that lights the entire grill area. I will post some follow up pictures showing the design with a Type 13 Speaker Light Kit as well as some LE "mock up" pictures with the Type 11 and Type 12 light kits.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

LZ design suggestions (resized).jpgLZ design suggestions (resized).jpg
#1830 3 years ago

Here is a "mock up" of the design with a Type 11 or Type 12 Speaker Light Kit in an LE type scenario. The reason I say it is a mock up is because it is using one of my turquoise speaker surrounds as opposed to the Blue Metal ones that are installed from the factory on LE games. However, when using the Type 11 or 12 light kits...any surrounds in a game is being lit from the front and not the back. So I suspect it would look very much like the picture with the fully lit grill.

None of my current Acrylic Designs are made with the Type 13 (only lights around the speakers) light kits in mind. Though many of them work fine with the smaller lit speaker area. This one, being a bigger design, it is very much recommended to keep what area will be lit by the Type 13 light kit when mounting the design. Also, as you can see from the Type 13 lit picture, these pictures are using the turquoise acrylic surround that I mentioned before. As the factory Blue Metal surround would not allow the light kit to back light it.

These acrylic designs should be added to my Acrylic Designs page in the next couple of days. I also have the different type of SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits and different color 5.25" speaker surrounds available. As well as the 5.25" speaker plates (if needed) that are even lower priced when bought with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

T12 LE crop resize (resized).jpgT12 LE crop resize (resized).jpgT13 LE crop off resize (resized).jpgT13 LE crop off resize (resized).jpgT13 crop on resize (resized).jpgT13 crop on resize (resized).jpg
#1831 3 years ago

I just ordered a 3'x5' one of these to go under the machine. I'm sure Doctor6 will think it's "super-gay."

https://inkteeshop.com/product/led-zeppelin-area-rug-amazon-best-seller-sku-2430-rug/

#1832 3 years ago

Naw, yr just obsessed

#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Naw, yr just obsessed

Your 10 band eq adjustment definitely rounds it out will full sound when coupled with the sub.

Perfection!

#1834 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Your 10 band eq adjustment definitely rounds it out will full sound when coupled with the sub.
Perfection!

It sounds good, but I ordered pinwoofer kit. Had it on maiden and it was concert like. And his new kit will be better. It completely changed metallica too. Highly recommended!!!

#1835 3 years ago

Damn. 20 games after fixing the spinner issue, the mech will no longer retract all the way.

20210207_183446 (resized).jpg20210207_183446 (resized).jpg20210207_190533 (resized).jpg20210207_190533 (resized).jpg
#1836 3 years ago
20210207_192006 (resized).jpg20210207_192006 (resized).jpg
#1837 3 years ago

Can you see the cause? Is it binding ?

#1838 3 years ago

Guy on Helicon Brewery thread claiming Stern sent service bulletin tonight.

Any of us owners get a copy?

I’m 100+ games in with no issues, fingers crossed!

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image]

How do you think one of each would look?

Red left black right?

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you see the cause? Is it binding ?

I haven't figured it out yet. A little nudge while it is lowering, it will go in place.

#1841 3 years ago

The good news is that it looks like an easy mech to replace, if that is what it takes.

#1842 3 years ago
Quoted from Startek2:

Hey guyz and dollz...I thought I would post a heads up on a problem I discovered on a pro we delivered to a cxustomer. there is a spot where the ball can bounce out of the rail and get stuck next to the zeppelin. The fix is an easy one. Get a piece of spring steel wire, like what is used for ball gates. (piano wire) and bend it so it will attach to the screws next to the zepp...if you have this problem you will see what i mean...
[quoted image]

I think we will see this happen a lot with that upper flipper. It shoots across the playfield and can jump the ball guide if there is enough speed behind it. Flies under the left ramp and comes to rest against the Zeppelin. Had it happen to me while playing it.

#1843 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How do you think one of each would look?
Red left black right?

I have never liked mismatched. Tmnt flipp rubbers were different, at least the one I saw and played and I didn't care for it. Maybe just me and my ocd tho

#1844 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I think we will see this happen a lot with that upper flipper. It shoots across the playfield and can jump the ball guide if there is enough speed behind it. Flies under the left ramp and comes to rest against the Zeppelin. Had it happen to me while playing it.

Could be a setup issue. In 100+ no airball off the third flipper. Seems odd.

I have seen one go go up center ramp and jump off ramp to the left, not sure why though. Landed on wireform so no harm no foul.

#1845 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I haven't figured it out yet. A little nudge while it is lowering, it will go in place.

Wonder if its loose down below? This mech is gonna take a beating, wondering if a fastener has backed out.

#1846 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wonder if its loose down below? This mech is gonna take a beating, wondering if a fastener has backed out.

It doesn't seem like anything is loose. And I can't see anything hanging up or binding. Kind of a head scratcher for me.

20210207_204639 (resized).jpg20210207_204639 (resized).jpg
#1847 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That is awesome!
Dude your Flash Gordon looks off the hook! Holy pinball porn batman
-I am digging your homebrew topper, it is my style for sure

Thanks so much, appreciated. I figure when the new topper comes in will take it down and spin the record for real. Flash Gordon was actually a 2 year project for me, every single part was replaced with new, including the cabinet rebuilt, repainted and chromed, Kruzman clearcoated, signed by Sam Jones. A labor of love, will probably get buried in it. Batman is a whole other story. LOL

#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where did you get the flipper art?
Anyone getting the Big Ben/Parliament mod from mezel mods?

Ebay. There is a really good Dude on there that sells all the cushioned decals for drop targets and flipper decals, etc. topnotchtargetshields.

#1849 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

It doesn't seem like anything is loose. And I can't see anything hanging up or binding. Kind of a head scratcher for me.
[quoted image]

Is there a motor test in the menu where you can turn up/down?

Any tech alerts?

#1850 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thanks, man.. hit up Whitney, name of the company is AproN Envy. Pinside member EightBitWhit, really great guy and the best service. He makes them.. I ordered for all games in different colors that have this same style apron.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.