IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 193.
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nice, he’s shipping mine out today and hope to have Friday!
I can’t believe all the shit people said about the art, it’s really a stunning looking game.

I didn't talk shit bout the art, but was concerned. But I figured pics were at maximum lighting for press photos. Looks so good in a lineup. Now just need those toppers to complete it.

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I didn't talk shit bout the art, but was concerned. But I figured pics were at maximum lighting for press photos. Looks so good in a lineup. Now just need those toppers to complete it.

I wasn’t referring to you, I was talkin bout all the haters over in the other thread.

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I can’t believe all the shit people said about the art, it’s really a stunning looking game.

I couldn't agree more. The artwork on Led Zep beats GnR in my opinion.

#1404 3 years ago

Man, these LE's look great! How do the cabinet light strips look in person?

#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You will love it. Machine looks great and the lighting with the pin blades is insane! Changes the entire feel of the game during gameplay, so cool. A must have on this game for sure, skip the pro and get premium or LE for this feature alone.

First impressions after 3 games. Top glass is stupid tight, feel like its going to break and I only got it off 1/3 the way to get the zip tie off Icarus. Needs a sub badly, speakers are a bit tin sounding, maybe there is a way to tweak the equalizer. I have a new REL 10" HT 1003 to hook up later today, I'll let you know if it helps. Some clunker shots with left flipper, especially with magnet shot, but sure that will take getting used to. The upper flipper shot is hard and rejects so far about 90% of time. May need to tweak the ramp or something there. Shaker motor is strong and rattles for sure, worth having.

#1406 3 years ago

Anyone play around with the jukebox mode yet and is there any attract clips or sounds in the settings?

#1407 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I wasn’t referring to you, I was talkin bout all the haters over in the other thread.

I know haha. Just saying I was wondering. But it ties in so well. I can't even look at the vs thread anymore, 3 or 4 children ruining it.

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

My Premium will be delivered tomorrow afternoon!

Need pictures please!

#1409 3 years ago

Just got LE #495 setup. The friction on the magic spinner definitely needed help, I was getting less spins than a normal switched spinner, and the spinner often stopped horizontally.

I followed Ritchie's solution and it has solved the problem, for now. Hopefully it was a one time thing and won't need regular tweaking.

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

Just got LE #495 setup. The friction on the magic spinner definitely needed help, I was getting less spins than a normal switched spinner, and the spinner often stopped horizontally.
I followed Ritchie's solution and it has solved the problem, for now. Hopefully it was a one time thing and won't need regular tweaking.

Play a few more games. Let me know if the problem comes back.

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

It has been fine for a few more games, but I'll be playing it for the next several hours and will report back if it's still holding up after 50+ games.

#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah. Wish the art packages were better for the pro & premiums!

#1413 3 years ago

Supposedly my LZ shipped out yesterday. Last night there was a tractor trailer accident where the truck went off the road in Pittsburgh. That's between Chicago and Jersey. My wife pointed at the screen and laughingly said, "That's your pinball machine!!!"

Bitch.

*Disclaimer: I love my wife.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My wife pointed at the screen and laughingly said, "That's your pinball machine!!!"

I would be like " Hey now-that shit ain't funny-don't jinx my shit!" LOL

#1415 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Magic spinner is jacked up again. 4 games later. Now it finishes spinning tilted back and ball just passes under it. No spin. Wtf!!!!!
This is definitely an issue that’s going to have to be fixed by Stern with the premiums about to flood the market.
[quoted image]

4 seems to be the magic number. Got through 4 games and spinner is stuck. Hoping this janky fix does the trick. And hope they come up with a worthwhile remedy soon.

#1416 3 years ago

Received #405 last night. Set up and only played a couple of games. Not only is the game absolutely beautiful in person (pictures do not do it justice), but the game play is awesome and fast!

749F0B6E-EA26-43E7-A67E-46CBA37C03CF (resized).jpeg749F0B6E-EA26-43E7-A67E-46CBA37C03CF (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1417 3 years ago

So pretty!!

#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from Stevemoerke:

Received #405 last night. Set up and only played a couple of games. Not only is the game absolutely beautiful in person (pictures do not do it justice), but the game play is awesome and fast!
[quoted image]

Sweetness...and I'm not talking about the pin.

#1419 3 years ago

Tik Tok Tik Tok as I stare at the clock, congrats to all opening up those badass machines.

Crank it UP!

#1420 3 years ago

Yeah, I can’t take the wait any longer!

#1421 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah, I can’t take the wait any longer!

The dude waiting..gifThe dude waiting..gif
#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Supposedly my LZ shipped out yesterday. Last night there was a tractor trailer accident where the truck went off the road in Pittsburgh. That's between Chicago and Jersey. My wife pointed at the screen and laughingly said, "That's your pinball machine!!!"
Bitch.
*Disclaimer: I love my wife.
[quoted image]

BAHAHAHAHAH dude your wife is a hoot!!!!!!

#1423 3 years ago

Let's put this on the table. If that truck really had Led Zeppelin LE's and some got destroyed. Can Stern make new ones of the numbers that were destroyed.? I would think that should be fine but will they have enough parts to make them and how fast could they do that. I live in NJ and work in NYC and in the last couple of days I have seen lots of trucks flipped over. Thank God none have said Stern Pinball on them. I couldn't help but think about this though as I still don't have mine in my basement. The distributor said he was getting them last week. I can't wait much longer. LOL

#1424 3 years ago

The spinner issue kind of sucks but easy to fix... temporarily. Pablo and the team are on top of it to find a good long term solution.

20210202_132905 (resized).jpg20210202_132905 (resized).jpg
#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have friends who can't handle color in their lives lol, and this game is loaded with it! You know exactly what game is sitting 50' away in any room which I think is awesome

#1427 3 years ago

Every pic looks better than the last! Distro emailed me my Pro# and that's great but have to wait till Friday for delivery!! 3 days like 3 weeks!

#1428 3 years ago

Alright, it's not Zep but totally digging this song right now.

#1429 3 years ago

Ok LZLE owners, I know the spinner might need an adjust but how is that third flipper shot to ramp? Smooth as silk?
Please provide more feedback!

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Alright, it's not Zep but totally digging this song right now.

(but its weed)

#1431 3 years ago

I get mine in 40 hours don't see much sleep in future

#1432 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

The spinner issue kind of sucks but easy to fix... temporarily. Pablo and the team are on top of it to find a good long term solution.
[quoted image]

They should have just had the wire arm go straight across instead of the 90 degree bend in it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1433 3 years ago

#1434 3 years ago

This spinner problem sucks. I emailed Stern early this morning but they didn’t respond yet.

Stopped playing it for now. Back on Metallica and maiden untill a fix is available.

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Mine lasts about 5 games and locks back up. Seriously frustrated.

#1436 3 years ago

Fits nicely between AS and IM and 3 doors down from SR’s first effort. Played like a dream right out of the box. No spinner issues with mine and boy is that thing a blast to rip and ‘charge’.

Love the blue trim, but I thought the entire LE art package was spot on right from the start, huge Led Zep fan here.

The only issues I’ve had is it has taken a couple tries to boot, but that seemed to resolve itself. The Icarus jumper stuck in the up position and when I work it manually I notice a metal on metal bind. Sent Stern a message through the support webform on their site, hopefully they’ll respond soon. The Icarus target still works so it’s no biggie.

Added remote subwoofer using PINsub module and it sounds bad ass, especially the sound effects which coordinate well with the shaker. The light show is amazing in person, especially during Kashmir and The Song Remains the Same.

I’m extremely satisfied and am loving shooting this game, great SR speed and flow but not the drain monster AC/DC was. For those still waiting, hang in there a few more days it’s well worth the wait!

939310FC-152D-42C9-8C5D-035CFC46DA01 (resized).jpeg939310FC-152D-42C9-8C5D-035CFC46DA01 (resized).jpeg

#1437 3 years ago

If you are having problems with your magic spinner mech, read this before sticking pliers into your beautiful new machine. I was just having a conversation with pinstadium and the topic of the problematic spinner came up. He found a solution that doesn't involve any tools and at least in our cases, totally fixed the problem. He has given me permission to post his solution here:

"The fix for the spinner is that it was put on wrong at the factory. I tried the plier trick posted by Steve Ritchie but it only works for a game or two. I figured it out and flipped it over. Rotate it 180 degrees by just pinching in the outside legs to release it so you can move and rotate it. After rotating it you'll notice the number is upside down on the target decal. That's the way it will look after you fix it unfortunately but oh well, it rips like crazy now and I hope that helps you. You can do it without removing the top plastic cover even. You don't need any tools just push those legs inward with your fingers on each side and it will come out. Then squeeze it when you put it back in (rotated 180 degrees from original) one side at a time"

#1438 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

Are you pushing the bracket to the right or pushing on the spinner itself? Thanks

#1439 3 years ago

If you are having problems with your magic spinner mech, read this before sticking pliers into your beautiful new machine. I was just having a conversation with PinStadium and the topic of the problematic spinner came up. He found a solution that doesn't involve any tools and at least in our cases, totally fixed the problem. He has given me permission to post his solution here:
"The fix for the spinner is that it was put on wrong at the factory. I tried the plier trick posted by Steve Ritchie but it only works for a game or two. I figured it out and flipped it over. Rotate it 180 degrees by just pinching in the outside legs to release it so you can move and rotate it. After rotating it you'll notice the number is upside down on the target decal. That's the way it will look after you fix it unfortunately but oh well, it rips like crazy now and I hope that helps you. You can do it without removing the top plastic cover even. You don't need any tools just push those legs inward with your fingers on each side and it will come out. Then squeeze it when you put it back in (rotated 180 degrees from original) one side at a time"

That would be great for owners if this is true. I've had a few games where spinners got "wonky", none like LOTR though. It's used a lot obviously. With Zep it's the only mech in the game. It's going to be absolutely HAMMERED.

#1440 3 years ago

rotated 180 degrees from original

I would not be surprised if the factory workers put them in backwards-I have seen worse things from the factory workers. I still think they need to produce a handful of machines to send out to beta testers first before producing 100's to ship out. I keep thinking about the non-pinheads getting their machines and then having issues-scratching their heads. Not everyone is on Pinside. If Stern is looking for a certified know it all beta tester-I currently have a vacancy open.

#1441 3 years ago

If you are having problems with your magic spinner mech, read this before sticking pliers into your beautiful new machine. I was just having a conversation with PinStadium and the topic of the problematic spinner came up. He found a solution that doesn't involve any tools and at least in our cases, totally fixed the problem. He has given me permission to post his solution here:

Put a new decal on if it’s upside down, there should be some spares in your goodie bag. If not I’m sure stern would send a few.

#1442 3 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Are you pushing the bracket to the right or pushing on the spinner itself? Thanks

Actually a little of both. As I was rotating the wire, the pliers pushes the bracket out. I also grabbed the bracket and gave it a little twist out. I played a few games last night and it is good for now... but as mentioned in a previous post, that spinner takes a beating.

#1443 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Put a new decal on if it’s upside down

Hey this is a perfect reason for someone to make a holographic replacement spinner decal. Am I the only one that wants a holographic spinner decal? Bueller Bueller Anyone Anyone?

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hey this is a perfect reason for someone to make a holographic replacement spinner decal. Am I the only one that wants a holographic spinner decal? Bueller Bueller Anyone Anyone?

I’d like to see one and would give it a try. Can always change it back if I don’t like.

The mod threads have been pretty quiet.

#1445 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’d like to see one and would give it a try. Can always change it back if I don’t like.

I just want a thin replacement decal that goes over original and is easily removable and does not affect rotation speed. Looking at lubricants for the spinner and saw a Tri-Flow pin point lubricator. Looks like a nice and easy way to keep that spinner lubed up and spinning at full speed. I have some WD-40 and bicycle chain oil, but I think I am going to buy some of this Tri-Flow pin point lubricator for using for moving parts like the spinner mech...
Tri flow pin point.jpgTri flow pin point.jpg

#1446 3 years ago

IMO you shouldn't need any lubricant on spinners. They have been in pinballs for decades and don't need lubricants. Lubricants eventually gather pinball dust and cause the spinner to show down or gum up. If the spinner is aligned properly it should be good to go and go and go....

Quoted from pinmister:

I just want a thin replacement decal that goes over original and is easily removable and does not affect rotation speed. Looking at lubricants for the spinner and saw a Tri-Flow pin point lubricator. Looks like a nice and easy way to keep that spinner lubed up and spinning at full speed. I have some WD-40 and bicycle chain oil, but I think I am going to buy some of this Tri-Flow pin point lubricator for using for moving parts like the spinner mech...
[quoted image]

#1447 3 years ago

#311 in the house...what a beauty!!

5A1C734E-B8EC-4270-AB99-92C68BCB3DC5 (resized).jpeg5A1C734E-B8EC-4270-AB99-92C68BCB3DC5 (resized).jpeg
#1448 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

IMO you shouldn't need any lubricant on spinners

I tend to agree, but this spinner will take some fast direct ball hits and I feel a little lube may help? Not too concerned about build up. It will not be like the gobs of grease they used for STTNG cannons that eventually gummed up-I remember cleaning out that gunk a couple of times. Also just taking Steve's recommendation

#1449 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

IMO you shouldn't need any lubricant on spinners. They have been in pinballs for decades and don't need lubricants. Lubricants eventually gather pinball dust and cause the spinner to show down or gum up. If the spinner is aligned properly it should be good to go and go and go....

Quoted from pinmister:

I tend to agree, but this spinner will take some fast direct ball hits and I feel a little lube may help? Not too concerned about build up. It will not be like the gobs of grease they used for STTNG cannons that eventually gummed up-I remember cleaning out that gunk a couple of times. Also just taking Steve's recommendation

Simple fix if it’s installed upside down like previous person mentioned. No lube or oil needed.

Can’t hurt to flip it around and give it a rip. Again, worst case you need to replace the decals if they are upside down.

#1450 3 years ago

I have had zero spinner issues so far, but I have less than 20 plays on my game because I've been busy. I have to think there is something going on here that is one of two things.

One, maybe the spinner is getting hit hard up high while the assembly is still rising/lowering out of the playfield and just bricks instead of going under and spinning the spinner? This would bend it backwards and cause issues. This could possibly be fixed in software by only raising/lowering the assembly when it is safe. This being a Ritchie game with no stop and go aside from a single saucer, there are not a lot of options along these lines when there are no balls moving on the playfield.

Two, maybe the assembly is not sitting flush and the ball is hopping at the entrance into the spinner? Or maybe it is the metal protector plate embedded in the playfield sitting up a little high at the entrance and the ball is hopping off of it? Running my finger across mine it is sitting flush and maybe sticks up a single mm.

To me both of these things should be fairly obvious to people having problems if that is what is happening. I suppose other things could be at work. Please post more up close pictures of the spinner when it is failed. Maybe the wire is not crimped into the spinner well and it is rotating?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/29?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.