IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 193.
#1251 3 years ago

What does action button do besides select song and tour mode?

#1252 3 years ago

Nothing yet I've heard. Hoping it will code in but no evidence.

#1253 3 years ago

How does LZ compare to ACDC prem,/le. I have a small collection and I'm interested in LZ but worried it plays too similar

#1254 3 years ago

I've owned acdc and don't see lots of similarities. Lz will play faster, no lower field, great lighting. Just my opinion tho, ,

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

How does LZ compare to ACDC prem,/le. I have a small collection and I'm interested in LZ but worried it plays too similar

I’m curious as well. FWIW, the LZ pro I put time on wasn’t similar feeling - less greedy outlines w/no target danger near flippers like AC/DC but LZ prem/LE owners may feel different.

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I have an AC/DC premium and it’s one of my favorite pins. I just finished a marathon playing session on my Led Zeppelin LE, and to me it doesn’t feel anything like AC/DC.

In fact, the shots are reminiscent to some of the shots on my Jurassic Park LE in my opinion.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Code is deeper in acdc. LZ is easier to shoot. They play nothing alike.

#1258 3 years ago

My magic spinner needed adjustment. All good now. I will post pics on fix later. I am starting stream now at 4pm https://www.twitch.tv/motorcitypinball

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

My magic spinner needed adjustment. All good now. I will post pics on fix later. I am starting stream now at 4pm https://www.twitch.tv/motorcitypinball

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Code is deeper in acdc. LZ is easier to shoot. They play nothing alike.

I think LZ could evolve to a fairly deep code, we will see.

#1261 3 years ago

My magic spinner needed adjustment. All good now. I will post pics on fix later.

Yep, my magic spinner seized up on my first game yesterday. The arms of the spinner were pushing against the bracket. So I removed the top and bent them back to 90 degrees with needle-nose pliers. Since I already had the top off I went ahead and replaced the rubbers with Titans as well.

158FC5F4-C76E-4F57-B34B-FB50CFC1F4B4 (resized).jpeg158FC5F4-C76E-4F57-B34B-FB50CFC1F4B4 (resized).jpeg
#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from Cidco:

Yep, my magic spinner seized up on my first game yesterday. The arms of the spinner were pushing against the bracket. So I removed the top and bent them back to 90 degrees with needle-nose pliers. Since I already had the top off I went ahead and replaced the rubbers with Titans as well.
[quoted image]

Those Titans look good!!
Im worried the spinner arm will bend again , we shall see

#1263 3 years ago

Those Titans look good!!

Great steam today..really excited to get my LE this week!

Did you get any photos of the spinner issue?

#1264 3 years ago

Hey guys! I have a new video of
Led Zeppelin LE pinball Unboxing and gameplay! Check it out!

#1265 3 years ago

Unboxed mine and everything works perfectly right out of the box including the spinner. The clearcoat is the best that I have seen. Perfectly flat and no pooling or wood grain. The Expression lighting is better than I expected. The integration into the side of the game makes it totally neat and unobtrusive with no clutter, yet it is bright as shit when it wants to be. There is frosting over the LEDs and because they are inset, they can be angled towards the back of the machine. This makes them comfortably bright for the player without seeing the burning hot center of the LED itself. The mirrored backglass also looks amazing in person. The whole games looks great and I love the blue rails, especially when it is in the game room lighting. It really pops in my lineup.

We picked up two LEs today and my friend waited to see what mine looked and played like in person before opening his. He was pretty sure ahead of time that he would like the game, but figured he could sell it instantly if for some reason he didn't like it. Anyway the game blew us away and he is on his way home to open his LE.

The game play is top shelf Ritchie with Elwin inspired ramps. All of the ramp shots are satisfying and fast and ready for combos. The left ramp is really tight for backhanding. To me this is great, so it's not too easy to cradle and backhand like the left ramp in ST or the right ramp in ACDC. The left orbit, to upper flipper, to upper ramp is one of the most satisfying combo shots ever. It's tough to hit, but when you do it's hard not to step away and do a Tiger Woods fist pump. The Led Zep integration is also really cool with the video clips and riffs along with some cool sound effects on the slings and other shots. I love spinners so the importance of the spinner in this game just plays right in to my taste. Software is not as early as the Stern game of old on release. .93 feels pretty good and I can't wait to see what else is in store.

The game looks great in the lineup and will look even better with the topper and speaker lighting kit. Will be installing some shooter lane protectors before playing many more games. I might pour a margarita and have another game right now though...

#1266 3 years ago
20210130_194818 (resized).jpg20210130_194818 (resized).jpg20210130_194840 (resized).jpg20210130_194840 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1267 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! But you are ruining it with that old paragon next to it. Happy to take that off your hands.

#1268 3 years ago

Is the shaker integrated yet?

#1269 3 years ago

The video that was posted from Empire Pinball of the unboxing really shows how nice that Blue armor is, I had no idea it had a subtle metallic flake to it.

Good lookin game!

#1270 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is the shaker integrated yet?

Yeah the shaker seems fully implemented. Feels good! Also, someone asked about lights on the apron behind the flippers. Yes, it has them and they really light the game up even in my dark game room.

#1271 3 years ago

Damn, Superb unboxing video.. Colors are Authentic! Can’t wait!!

5362EC8E-C653-4E63-BE6D-3427E0E24C8F (resized).jpeg5362EC8E-C653-4E63-BE6D-3427E0E24C8F (resized).jpeg
#1272 3 years ago

I had to bend the spinner arms back as well on the magic spinner today after about 20 games. Everything else worked right out of the box. This is our first pinball machine. Any certain settings I should change from default such as flipper strength etc? Also any certain protectors that are a must have?

#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The video that was posted from Empire Pinball of the unboxing really shows how nice that Blue armor is, I had no idea it had a subtle metallic flake to it.
Good lookin game!

Thanks for the kind words on my video, once I saw the mettalic finish I knew others needed to see that!

#1274 3 years ago

Just a couple of notes.

First is a nice surprise on the game play. Having owned Ironman and other games with toys that rise out of the playfield, I'm used the ball getting slowed down by the Iron Monger when it hits the back of it and has to slowly make its way around and down to the flippers. With the Electric Magic assembly, it can pop up in front of the ball and most of the time the ball simply passes through it keeping the game flowing. I realize this should have been obvious, but I'm so used to Ironman, MM, LoTR, etc that this is a very welcome change. Not to mention being able to hit the shots behind it after ripping the spinner. As much as I like the typical bash toys, this is definitely next level in game play.

A side note. Stern changed the colored rings surrounding the speaker cutout from plastic to metal. The metal is powder coated the same blue as the rails. Normally this sort of upgrade in quality would be welcome, but I would prefer the translucent plastic because of the way it looks with the new speaker lighting kit. At least the LE has the Kenwood speakers which are white and light up really nice, so the kit will still look incredible anyway. Eventually I'll replaced these metal surround panels with some plastic cutouts. I would have bought white or orange or possibly the turquoise cutout while I was buying the speaker kit if I had known. There are a ton of colors to choose from that would look great ( https://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html )

#1275 3 years ago

I tried blue flippers but I'm kinda digging the purple. I left blue on the upper.

20210131_092905 (resized).jpg20210131_092905 (resized).jpg
#1276 3 years ago
20210131_093243 (resized).jpg20210131_093243 (resized).jpg
#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

The expression lighting lens looks like it has a glittery appearance, is this correct or a lighting reflection?

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The expression lighting lens looks like it has a glittery appearance, is this correct or a lighting reflection?

Very glittery

#1279 3 years ago

The spinner is a simple fix. Thought I would post for newbies. NIB repairs can be frustrating. The theory is that the spinner arms need to have a 45 degree bend in them, otherwise the arms rub and cause friction with the holder causing it to not want to come down in its desired position.

1. You can do it with the electric magic top left on or off. I took mine off to perform

2. take some small needle nose pliers and bend the arms back to the 45 degree angle needed. Don't be scared to bend it. I had to do mine a second time because I did NOT bend it far enough the first time, and it started not working again after a couple of games.

3. If you have some spinner lube ( lube the spinner while you are in there. It will also make huge difference in the amount of revolutions per spin. ( Apply a drop of lube where the arms go into the holes)

4. Install the electric magic top back on with the 4 screws. Make sure you did not lose any of the 4 tiny washer rubbers that go on the end. Don't over tighten the top. I then started a game so that the mech would lower down to playfield level so I could then tighten it flush. Put your finger around the edges of electric magic as you tighten the 4 screws down so that it feels flush!

RIP that spinner!!

20210130_132843 (resized).jpg20210130_132843 (resized).jpg20210130_133117 (resized).jpg20210130_133117 (resized).jpg20210130_133218 (resized).jpg20210130_133218 (resized).jpg20210130_133638 (resized).jpg20210130_133638 (resized).jpg20210130_135522 (resized).jpg20210130_135522 (resized).jpg
#1280 3 years ago

Mod squad people. Please come up something cool to replace this plastic guard. Maybe something interactive like the HOH ramp cover.

20210131_101032 (resized).jpg20210131_101032 (resized).jpg
#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I tried blue flippers but I'm kinda digging the purple. I left blue on the upper.
[quoted image]

I've got purple waitin here for ours. They look good! But we really need some flipper decals or toppers to cover that white!

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Mod squad people. Please come up something cool to replace this plastic guard. Maybe something interactive like the HOH ramp cover.
[quoted image]

What is the hoh ramp cover?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1283 3 years ago

Wow hearing all the praise is really awesome! Seeing the excitement for people getting their machines really puts a smile on my face. One thing that keeps standing out to me as people post pictures is the backglass. I cannot get over how stunning the mirrored backglass is on Led Zeppelin LE. It truly is a work of art and I am bursting at the seams for mine to arrive. They are telling me Wednesday for mine to arrive, and we have a snowstorm coming in-so crossing my fingers. This wait has been agonizing for me but at the same time-it has given me something to look forward to the last couple of months and has helped my mindset stay positive. A blessing in disguise if you will.

Really happy for all the excited Led Zeppelin owners, and I can't wait until next week to get mine.

My daughter is even getting into the Led Zeppelin pinball arrival hype-as she came up to me last night to show me this video she found on Youtube....

#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

One has spider webs decal other has bits of 8 mm film. Lermods has the lighted lz cars, would look good there

#1285 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210131-084501_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210131-084501_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210131-084515_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210131-084515_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1286 3 years ago

I had another mod idea for the magic spinner.

Not sure I like the decal with just plain flat color album art on it, with no reflection?

How about a decal with a picture of a holographic colorful guitar pick to match the playfield art package? Having cool reflection for super spinning action will help tie in the magic?

spinner decal.jpgspinner decal.jpg
LZ pick.jpgLZ pick.jpgHolographic guitar picks.jpgHolographic guitar picks.jpg

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

One has spider webs decal other has bits of 8 mm film. Lermods has the lighted lz cars, would look good there

Don’t like the cars and while those pop caps are ok I think it’s a bit off because it only has 3 of 4 band members. He should of put all 4 on each cap or created 3 different caps in same color palette like a Icarus, 4 band members and the third could be something else.

Looking forward to seeing the Memel mods pop caps, he said they are coming soon.

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I had another mod idea for the magic spinner.
Not sure I like the decal with just plain flat color album art on it, with no reflection?
How about a decal with a picture of a holographic colorful guitar pick to match the playfield art package? Having cool reflection for super spinning action will help tie in the magic?
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

This would be awesome! Even a lit spinner would be cool.

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This would be awesome! Even a lit spinner would be cool.

I have already spoken with Rob about the lit spinner. I want one in blue. I have one that I got from Steve for my Iron Man Monger and it really makes it pop as it ties into flashers. I am waiting for my machine to arrive to see how we can mount and tap into. Then hopefully combine that with reflective guitar pick replacement decal.

#1290 3 years ago

I got these awhile back. Thinkin of putting 1 each on sling plastics at an angle. Wont know how it looks till thur or fri

20210131_092121 (resized).jpg20210131_092121 (resized).jpg

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Obviously off theme, but something like this, where the doors open as the ball passes underneath. I'm trying to think what would go with Zeppelin. There are not a lot of moving parts on this game so a simple moving mod somewhere on this game would certainly add to the toy factor.

Screenshot_20210131-112121_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210131-112121_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

. Thinkin of putting 1 each on sling plastics at an angle

I kept thinking of ways to incorporate guitar picks and basically came up with a few ideas. Number one is a reflective spinner decal,#2 a translucent picture of guitar pick that shines through smart button on lockdown bar, and #3 is a keychain for door keys.

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Obviously off theme, but something like this, where the doors open as the ball passes underneath. I'm trying to think what would go with Zeppelin. There are not a lot of moving parts on this game so a simple moving mod somewhere on this game would certainly add to the toy factor.
[quoted image]

I asked Medisinyl, he said he only likes to work on horror themes, so no go for lz

#1294 3 years ago

Raydaypinball on twitch live now

#1295 3 years ago

I was hoping and thought for sure there could have been 4 pop bumpers with their individual symbols on the caps. Like Kiss. Just a thought I always envisioned for a led zeppelin machine.

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Raydaypinball on twitch live now

Been watching his Twitch. If He lived close to Me I'd pay for lessons from Him!!!

My LZLE comes Tuesday and I would like to play like He does!

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

I wish the blimp had a physical ball lock like Elvira. Would be pretty awesome!!

#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I wish the blimp had a physical ball lock like Elvira. Would be pretty awesome!!

How about an opto that flashed the bands symbols on the blimp as it passed under it?

#1299 3 years ago

Those Titans look good!!

Im having the same issue. If you can post your fix pics that would be great.

#1300 3 years ago

I had an afterthought about making a holographic decal sticker replacement for the spinner. What I want is a picture of a holographic guitar pick with Icarus in middle. Now here is my thought...have Icarus with wings spread open on one side and closed on the other side. When the spinner rotates it will appear as if Icarus wings are flapping.

-Make it so
Hologram guitar pick (resized).pngHologram guitar pick (resized).png

Flying.gifFlying.gif

icarus flying.gificarus flying.gifMake it so (resized).pngMake it so (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/26?hl=darkfader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.