IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 193.
#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well in that case it seems with reasonably good gameplay the two mini wizards are attainable so never say never on the final wizard mode being reached.
That’s something I truly like about Beatles, if you have a good game going you have a shot at getting one of the wizard modes.
Doesn’t happen too often for me but it is reachable.

Couldn’t agree more

#1002 3 years ago

The pro is getting some hideous rankings. Highly doubtful they are based on actual gameplay. So sad.

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

The pro is getting some hideous rankings. Highly doubtful they are based on actual gameplay. So sad.

Yeah there are some pathetic individuals on pinside.

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah there are some pathetic individuals on pinside.

Good thing ratings don't mean anything, the JJP fan boys need some sort of validation for their 12k machine.

Loving my pro so far, tons of strategy.

#1005 3 years ago

The ratings will be low because the art is poor and the playfield is bare. I personally like the game a lot, and that's all that matters.

#1006 3 years ago

Actually the ratings are pretty decent for the age of the code. Will only get better im sure

#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I'll be joining the Rolling Stones club this week (not and LE

Not sure if you already pulled the trigger, but there is a huge difference between the Pro and LE. If you are a huge RS fan I would recommend holding out for the LE-very under-rated and the pop ups make the game play really unique. They come up periodically and there is actually one currently for sale on marketplace.

#1008 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure if you already pulled the trigger, but there is a huge difference between the Pro and LE. If you are a huge RS fan I would recommend holding out for the LE-very under-rated and the pop ups make the game play really unique. They come up periodically and there is actually one currently for sale on marketplace.

Other differences from pro are the mirrored backglass, chrome armor, 2 PF magnets, poweball and 1-2 additional songs.

LE is definitely the way to go for sure.

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

LE is definitely the way to go for sure.

Not to mention with the wide 'Fast Ramps' and 'Ceramic Navi-ball' make it literally the fastest game ever made in terms of ball speed.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not to mention with the wide 'Fast Ramps' and 'Ceramic Navi-ball' make it literally the fastest game ever made in terms of ball speed.

Yeah it’s a blur at times.

Shaker motor is integrated well on the stones too.

Made it to Encore last night for the first time in years, was pretty cool. Records multiball played to Shattered was cool too, nice animations.

#1011 3 years ago

I will say for people that like toppers, I would recommend picking one up now for LZ. I am not a topper guy-sometimes I put cheap toys on top but that is it. Anyway my point is there is a recent pattern of pinball flippers that are starting to turn into not pinball flippers but pinball scalpers. Scalpers who really bend people over to seek profit(and help inflate pricing). Do you want to pay $800(or whatever it is) now or pay $2500 tomorrow? I hate to see the scalpers bending people over and Stern is making such limited quantities on certain toppers it is creating this problem. If you want a LZ topper-better put your order in now or buy some K-Y jelly for tomorrow.

#1012 3 years ago

Fortunately the ball drops off both ramps to mylar before rolling over the switches. Not sure why a lot of games drop the ball directly onto the switches, but at least we won't need the Cliffy switch protectors.

#1013 3 years ago

I see your argument on the toppers (going up in value) I have an LE incoming. I’m not seeing the greatness of this topper Convince me that I’m wrong

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I see your argument on the toppers (going up in value) I have an LE incoming. I’m not seeing the greatness of this topper Convince me that I’m wrong

I'm getting one because it completes the LE package. Nobody should need to convince you of anything. But what if you're wrong?

#1015 3 years ago

Should Stern offer downloadable Song Modes to add to the game and would you be willing to pay extra for them?

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Should Stern offer downloadable Song Modes to add to the game and would you be willing to pay extra for them?

A better question is whether I would even be buying the game itself if this were the case.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1017 3 years ago

Mods here, just need my game!! Lermods hermit is great!

20210124_111028 (resized).jpg20210124_111028 (resized).jpg20210124_111042 (resized).jpg20210124_111042 (resized).jpg
#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The ratings will be low because the art is poor and the playfield is bare. I personally like the game a lot, and that's all that matters.

I would describe the pf as open rather than bare. 4 ramps, 4 banks of targets, 2 spinners 2 kickouts magnet ball lock (le) but even the pro i think is fine. Open pf games are tried and true as always being good players. Glad im hearing positives. Can't wait for mine.

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mods here, just need my game!! Lermods hermit is great!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a few items too. For now I'm going to try to make my own Hermit. I know the white is kind of proper and looks good, but I want to try to color mine more like the traditional Tarot card that it came from. It will probably turn out bad because I am no artist but will be fun to try. I also have this cool guitar to find a spot for that doesn't block any view. Looks just like the Les Paul Jimmy uses. It might end up on the wall haha.
jimmypage1973 (resized).jpgjimmypage1973 (resized).jpg

20210119_143138 (resized).jpg20210119_143138 (resized).jpg
#1020 3 years ago

I wish I had the knowledge and the need for a 3d printer. Looks fun, but I can't do another hobby.

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

A better question is whether I would even be buying the game itself if this were the case.

Jeez. I would gladly pay for DLC content. Maybe Im a PC gamer and not bothered by it. Either bake into the overall cost of the game 13 songs or 10 for Main Game and 2-3 extra as DLC. Breaking it out with DLC would be a good cost effective means to balance overall game cost vs offering as many songs as possible.

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Jeez. I would gladly pay for DLC content. Maybe Im a PC gamer and not bothered by it. Either bake into the overall cost of the game 13 songs or 10 for Main Game and 2-3 extra as DLC. Breaking it out with DLC would be a good cost effective means to balance overall game cost vs offering as many songs as possible.

I don't really disagree, but statements like that can bring out the torches and pitch forks in pinside faster than saying that all playfields get dimples.

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Seriously bro, it’s like you work for the Stern micro economics team and are tying to find creative ways to milk customers.

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

This shows how the Pinside ranking system is such a farce, with absolutely no real substance. GNR lovers are going to come out in the droves and give any music pin Stern does, laughable low ratings without ever playing the game. It’s so obvious to what is actually happening.

Alas, the only real ranking systems that have real substance are known sales numbers like Bally/Williams era games. It is an absolute fact that Adam’s family is the highest ranked pinball of all time, because we know how many were sold. It’s like top 40 hit records, its not an opinion or love/hate manipulation, its real sales numbers only that matter.

#1025 3 years ago

If Pinside top 100 was based on what people actually purchased, it would yield a much more accurate picture, since we don’t know how many are made, but members can share what they’ve purchased. This would be a much more meaningful top 100.

What’s so tragic about the unfair/hate review process is; LZ is a very good game and loaded with unusual code fun.

#1026 3 years ago

It’s also unfortunate for those that don’t know all the pinside BS about rankings trying to use it as an informative guide for quality or gameplay. Maybe it’s time for a disclaimer banner on that page.

#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from Snotdoc:

It’s also unfortunate for those that don’t know all the pinside BS about rankings trying to use it as an informative guide for quality or gameplay. Maybe it’s time for a disclaimer banner on that page.

Wait...so you're saying I'm NOT an idiot if I don't agree with a game in the Top 10???

#1028 3 years ago

Posted this over in the mod thread but I think we need to start emailing stern to have these guys use the LZ Boeing 720 Starship for their video animations. They are using a next gen 737 and it doesn’t fit the vintage look.

Their starship color scheme matches the game color profile perfectly.

Here is what it should look like.

Drives me nuts they didn’t even think of this.

Anyone know how to email Tim or stern with a suggestion?

CD1EF9A3-0313-44B0-8384-3B5F4EF8608B (resized).pngCD1EF9A3-0313-44B0-8384-3B5F4EF8608B (resized).png

#1029 3 years ago

Man where are these LE's!? Maybe its the anticipation but they seem a bit more lagged than normal behind the pro's

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Man where are these LE's!? Maybe its the anticipation but they seem a bit more lagged than normal behind the pro's

I agree, as of mid week last week my distro did chance I see it by end of week.

Automated responded to a inquiry I made about their LE being in stock, response said they ship today and tomorrow.

So hopefully we start seeing them this week!

Very excited for this one!

#1031 3 years ago

So I played a Pro on Friday on location. My 10 year old Daughter LOVED it. I thought it shot very well. I put down a deposit on a Premium on Saturday.

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

So I played a Pro on Friday on location. My 10 year old Daughter LOVED it. I thought it shot very well. I put down a deposit on a Premium on Saturday.

Awesome! Welcome to the club and you have to love the kids digging the music, timeless!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1033 3 years ago

On the east coast, they're predicting some sort of coastal storm to roll in Sunday into Monday that could dump some serious snow. Since God hates me, you can plan on LEs arriving early next week when I can't get it into the basement until March.

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

On the east coast, they're predicting some sort of coastal storm to roll in Sunday into Monday that could dump some serious snow. Since God hates me, you can plan on LEs arriving early next week when I can't get it into the basement until March.

have it delivered to my house, not much snow expected in this part of the state? But don't be surprised if when you open the box there is a pro in it!

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

have it delivered to my house, not much snow expected in this part of the state? But don't be surprised if when you open the box there is a pro in it!

As long as it came back to me with some free Lermods in it, that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

#1036 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Posted this over in the mod thread but I think we need to start emailing stern to have these guys use the LZ Boeing 720 Starship for their video animations. They are using a next gen 737 and it doesn’t fit the vintage look.
Their starship color scheme matches the game color profile perfectly.
Here is what it should look like.
Drives me nuts they didn’t even think of this.
[quoted image]

They could've gone with that whole 70s Purple/Gold vibe and immediately improved the pins looks IMO. I like the Pro art though. Led Zeppelin III kicks ass.

#1037 3 years ago

Yeah I am hearing maybe by this weekend. If not, should be next week.

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

[quoted image]

It also bothered me that they used not only a generic plane but one with winglets which are a relatively recent innovation. Email [email protected]

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It also bothered me that they used not only a generic plane but one with winglets which are a relatively recent innovation. Email [email protected]

Thanks..sent the msg. If you’d like to see the change made I suggest sending a msg too.

Need some LZ starship in there!

#1040 3 years ago

I just want my damn game to get here

#1041 3 years ago

Hooked up a pinnovators pinsub to my game and man does the sound really come to life. Hooked it to a psw10, really nice improvement.

Also did a little more modding adding some psychedelic lighting to the mothership.

PXL_20210125_220223859 (resized).jpgPXL_20210125_220223859 (resized).jpg
#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hooked up a pinnovators pinsub to my game and man does the sound really come to life. Hooked it to a psw10, really nice improvement.
Also did a little more modding adding some psychedelic lighting to the mothership.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the mothership decal?

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just want my damn game to get here

Seriously, the wait is almost agonizing!

#1044 3 years ago

I picked up a ghostbusters pro today to tide me over until zepp arrives

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I picked up a ghostbusters pro today to tide me over until zepp arrives

Great game!

Color dmd and the custom soundtrack is a must have.

#1046 3 years ago

Tons of mods, no color dmd. Maybe if we keep i will

#1047 3 years ago

Hopefully going to play a pro soon. I am disappointed with this release. I felt LZ deserved way more. Love the band but not in love with the pin visually and the openness of it with 4 ramps, spinner, drop targets. But I need to play it before I make up my mind. May not change my mind enough to make it a NIB purchase, but still trying to keep an open mind. I always try before I buy, if I can.

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Hopefully going to play a pro soon. I am disappointed with this release. I felt LZ deserved way more. Love the band but nit in love with the pin visually and the openness of it. But I need to play it before I make up my mind. May not change my mind enough to make it a NIB purchase, but still trying to keep an open mind. I always try before I buy, if I can.

Well, that's what everyone has said and most have changed their minds after playing. Go in with an open mind, and you might be surprised. Hope so,,,,

#1049 3 years ago

Personally, I like longer shot games like ehoh and lz fits the bill for me. Gnr, while beautiful to look at, looks like a snorefest to play. Short shots and toooooooooo many multiballs. Hope im wrong ,have to play. Open mind, right?

#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well, that's what everyone has said and most have changed their minds after playing. Go in with an open mind, and you might be surprised. Hope so,,,,

I love LZ enough to keep an open mind. I didn’t care for EHOH at first but now have a deposit down for one. Hopefully Stern comes through.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.99
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/21?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.