close cab pst (resized).jpg
coindoor pst (resized).jpg
Left side pst (resized).jpg
right side pst (resized).jpg
Zep decal set pst (resized).jpg
IMG_6115 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 196.
#9601 36 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No. You must have your game set SUPER shallow to make the backhand. I don't believe it was designed for that consistently.
It can't be done on my machine, which is set up pretty steep, even with fresh as petunia flippers.

I can back hand and make it reliably, although a little more than just barely at a 6.7 degree pitch with the flippers turned up a bit.

#9602 36 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I can back hand and make it reliably, although a little more than just barely at a 6.7 degree pitch with the flippers turned up a bit.

Is there a way to add power to the flippers? Factory default is 250 and it didn’t seem to go higher than that. Or did you mean to angle them higher?

#9603 36 days ago

I dont know about backhanding the right ramp but I was able to backhand 2 balls during multiball with the left flipper and hit both the left and center ramp simutanieously. Love this game.

#9604 36 days ago

Back handing my LZ

#9605 35 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Back handing my LZ

Stock flipper strength?

#9606 35 days ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Stock flipper strength?

I’ll check tonight when I get home what the setting is.

#9607 35 days ago

I adjusted my right flipper until it was possible to backhand the right ramp reliably. I can still hit the other important shots from that flipper. It’s just a very slight difference from the factory angle.

#9608 35 days ago

Ahh I just tried from trap on game one and can hit it if my flippers aren’t faded. After a few games not possible really may get the pinmonk fans

#9609 35 days ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Ahh I just tried from trap on game one and can hit it if my flippers aren’t faded. After a few games not possible really may get the pinmonk fans

It just seems like a forced issue, trying to make the game easier.

If you were supposed to be able to backhand the right ramp consistently, you wouldn't need to jump through hoops to do it.

It's not a backhand game. If you need to get your fix on that buy a Venom, where EVERY shot that isn't an orbit is supposed to be a backhand!

#9610 35 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you were supposed to be able to backhand the right ramp consistently, you wouldn't need to jump through hoops to do it.
It's not a backhand game. If you need to get your fix on that buy a Venom, where EVERY shot that isn't an orbit is supposed to be a backhand!

I did not find Venom very fun

#9611 35 days ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I did not find Venom very fun

Yeah, nobody did. Mando either.

Bryan Eddy seems obsessed with backhands.

#9612 35 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I liked mando. Bond is probably my favorite newer stern out atm. Will probably be my next purchase

#9613 35 days ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Stock flipper strength?

Both left and right are at 255. I don’t think my flippers are lined up any different than stock. I got this game used, so I don’t know if the original owner made any adjustments, but it doesn’t look like it.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9614 35 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Funny thing is on the Mando pro I had, I really had to mess with it to back hand that right ramp. That game got old quick as I never got into the shot geometry. I did prefer the upper mini playfield on the pro over the premium. It felt like you had more control, and success was more due to skill than luck. You also got an extra skill shot out of it. Ended up trading it straight up for a NIB Bond pro

#9615 35 days ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I liked mando. Bond is probably my favorite newer stern out atm. Will probably be my next purchase

Bond got better as the code got better, but it still didn’t have enough staying power. The layout was neat, but the tons of short modes never clicked. Ended up trading it for a nice Star Trek VE.

#9616 35 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Funny thing is on the Mando pro I had, I really had to mess with it to back hand that right ramp. That game got old quick as I never got into the shot geometry. I did prefer the upper mini playfield on the pro over the premium. It felt like you had more control, and success was more due to skill than luck. You also got an extra skill shot out of it. Ended up trading it straight up for a NIB Bond pro

That was a hell of a good trade. I just can't get into Mando. It's one of my least favorite of the more recent Sterns. That wave ramp that just clangs around and spits the ball back at you without making the ramp even when you drill it is about the worst shot I have seen in pinball. I actually think Venom is ok, although the theme does nothing for me. Bond? Love it so much there's one in the back of my truck right now.

The shots in LZ are very satisfying. I want one.

#9617 35 days ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I dont know about backhanding the right ramp but I was able to backhand 2 balls during multiball with the left flipper and hit both the left and center ramp simutanieously. Love this game.

When multiball is going…and the song is uptempo…and you’re hitting jackpot shots left & right…and the EL is syncing with the music…mmmwah! (chef’s kiss).
I think it might be the most fun multiball on any of the machines that I play on a regular basis, both my own and ones on location.

#9618 33 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can backhand every shot from the left flipper although the left vuk is tough. I used to be able to backhand the right ramp but that doesn't work anymore.

#9619 33 days ago

I've currently got mine set up on competition install and no EB's. It's a real challenge to get 3 sets of LED ZEP targets to start EM MB. I just got one and got both ejects fairly quickly. Awesome feeling hitting 3 super jackpots worth 30M each. This game still rocks so hard. I'm well over 2000 games in and it's still a blast to play!

#9620 31 days ago

I have 4 Minature Guitars from Jimmy Page from AxeHeaven for sale. New and unused. These are perfect to add to Led Zepplin. Originally at $50-60. Add above the wireforms with Back Alley Creations EZ Clips!. Each has a guitar stand as well and mini pick.

- 2 Sunburst guitars - $20 ea
- 1 Double bass guitar -$30
- 1 Asian art guitar - $20

Please ping if interested in 1 or more

Jim

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/175817

2 Guitars (resized).jpg2 Guitars (resized).jpgBass Guitar (resized).jpgBass Guitar (resized).jpgGuitar 3 (resized).jpgGuitar 3 (resized).jpgPage Guitars (resized).jpgPage Guitars (resized).jpg
#9621 31 days ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I used to be able to backhand the right ramp but that doesn't work anymore.

And the titanic used to float !

Backhanding that right ramp is not normal folks!!

#9622 31 days ago

i just got a premium with 200 plays for a good price and i think this has to be one of the most underrated music pins out there....

#9623 31 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Backhanding that right ramp is not normal folks!!

IMG_1773 (resized).jpegIMG_1773 (resized).jpeg
#9624 30 days ago

Can someone explain to me why there’s so much dislike to this game and so much bashing on it I just got it two days ago or three days ago and I’ve been playing at four hours a day. It’s fucking awesome but I’m also a diehard Led Zeppelin fan I like how it’s a backhanders delight….

Everyone told me not to buy it but I played it and loved it!

#9625 30 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can someone explain to me why there’s so much dislike to this game and so much bashing on it I just got it two days ago or three days ago and I’ve been playing at four hours a day. It’s fucking awesome but I’m also a diehard Led Zeppelin fan I like how it’s a backhanders delight….
Everyone told me not to buy it but I played it and loved it!

Shhhhh. Don’t let Levi hear the B word

#9626 30 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

It’s fucking awesome but I’m also a diehard Led Zeppelin fan

I think that's the answer. I mean I'm also a diehard fan and I also can't understand the dislike however, I have no desire to go get me a Rush or an Aerosmith or a GnR or a Beatles or any other Rock n Roll Pinball. Those bands are great but I'm not a diehard fan of any of them so maybe that's why I really don't care if I ever own one of them but I HAD to have a Zep. I mean I HAD TO HAVE IT! Maybe it's that "diehard" feeling that makes us love the machine? Dunno but you aren't alone, I've seen a lot of folks post that same question here.

#9627 30 days ago

I’m not a zep fan at all. Like nothing. But I picked up a game and felt same way. Great game lots of fun and wondered why underrated.

I think it get a bad rap as it really is a players game. You’ve got to have some skill to enjoy this.

#9628 29 days ago

yeah if your not that good at pinball and i could see it being kinda daunting; the code is fantastic; top 5 music pin in my opinion; but i guess to each their own.....

and yes being a diehard zepellin fan helps; i just wish it had atleast 15 songs but i dont get tired of the 10 they made great choices.

#9629 29 days ago

I think people find the Icarus multiplier rules confusing, even though they’re really pretty straightforward to me. I tell newbies to focus on hitting green shots first, to advance the various multiballs. I have to talk them through how EM multiball works, because that’s a little confusing. Related, I wish the EM jackpot counted down more slowly.

My wife’s a huge Led Zeppelin / Robert Plant fan, so I’m going to spin up a ROM with all different songs for her.

Tournament players gravitate to LZ when they come over to play for fun. There are very few to play on location.

#9630 29 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

i just got a premium with 200 plays for a good price and i think this has to be one of the most underrated music pins out there....

If you got the one I was trying to buy, then you suck!

Please stop telling people it's good so that the price keeps dropping and I can get one for a good price.

#9631 29 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:If you got the one I was trying to buy, then you suck!
Please stop telling people it's good so that the price keeps dropping and I can get one for a good price.

Tell anyone who hasn’t rated the game yet to give it low marks, so that it will drop lower on the Top 100.

#9632 29 days ago

Hot take: 90% percent of the time you’re rock’n the premium, you’re actually just loving everything that’s great about the pro.

#9633 29 days ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Hot take: 90% percent of the time you’re rock’n the premium, you’re actually just loving everything that’s great about the pro.

I'm loving the premium expression lights 100% of the time.

#9634 29 days ago

Pro takes some flack, but it plays great as well. I almost bought a pro, but got the premium with expression lights and invisiglass for lest than a new pro

#9635 29 days ago
Quoted from MayDave:

I'm loving the premium expression lights 100% of the time.

I was going to add “as long as you have the EL kit installed”. But honestly, the gameplay on the pro is severely underrated, even without it.

#9636 29 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Pro takes some flack, but it plays great as well. I almost bought a pro, but got the premium with expression lights and invisiglass for lest than a new pro

Nice!

#9637 29 days ago

I was going to add “as long as you have the EL kit installed”. But honestly, the gameplay on the pro is severely underrated, even without it.

I will agree with that. I kind of like the Pro not having the Electric Magic rollover when it is down. Much smoother.

#9638 29 days ago
Quoted from MayDave:

I will agree with that. I kind of like the Pro not having the Electric Magic rollover when it is down. Much smoother.

Right now there are used Pros for 4500. Add an EL kit plus Interactive Hermit Ramp mod, and I think a person would have a really great game for a minimal price tag.

#9639 28 days ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Right now there are used Pros for 4500. Add an EL kit plus Interactive Hermit Ramp mod, and I think a person would have a really great game for a minimal price tag.

Absolutely! And I even like the target. It’s more consistently notable, and the fast (sometimes chaotic) rejects test your recovery and nudging skills. But I’m sure the ramp mod is great as well.

#9640 28 days ago

Speaking of which, how do folks like the hermit ramp mod?

#9641 28 days ago

do you have to remove the zepellin and ramp to clean the left orbit? or can i stick a small micro fiber in there and put it in with a long screw driver?

it does curve so im guessing ill have to take everything off

#9642 28 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

do you have to remove the zepellin and ramp to clean the left orbit? or can i stick a small micro fiber in there and put it in with a long screw driver?
it does curve so im guessing ill have to take everything off

I would not recommend using a screwdriver. If you're doing a deep clean, I'd just remove the ramp, or at least the zeppelin, and then you should be able to get to most, if not all of it. With the screwdriver you risk going from having a mildly dirty orbit to having a gouge in your playfield.

#9643 28 days ago

Shit take!

I’m grooving to the EL lighting with every beat, I’m shooting for the upper flipper ramp every time (it’s a absolutely the most satisfying shot in the game when you make it), and I’m using the backboard song list display every time I’m picking a song.

The EM mech is gravy and awesome.

Pro is fine. But Glad I have an LE; there’s very few games with such a pronounced difference between them.

Like it or not, the barren pro is pretty much completly responsible for this game’s terrible reputation and reception. They dialed it back way too much and it hurt this game’s sales and release beyond measure.

Still, it’s a good game for 4000-4500, which is what you’ll have to settle for if you are trying to dump one these days.

#9644 28 days ago

I would not recommend using a screwdriver. If you're doing a deep clean, I'd just remove the ramp, or at least the zeppelin, and then you should be able to get to most, if not all of it. With the screwdriver you risk going from having a mildly dirty orbit to having a gouge in your playfield.

Don’t use a screwdriver, but some other dull stick like instrument is good for quickee orbit shops on most games.

#9646 28 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shit take!
I’m grooving to the EL lighting with every beat, I’m shooting for the upper flipper ramp every time (it’s a absolutely the most satisfying shot in the game when you make it), and I’m using the backboard song list display every time I’m picking a song.
Pro is fine. But Glad I have an LE; there’s very few games with such a pronounced difference between them.
Like it or not, the barren pro is pretty much completly responsible for this game’s terrible reputation and reception. They dialed it back way too much and it hurt this game’s sales and release beyond measure.
Still, it’s a good game for 4500, which is what you’ll have to settle for if you are trying to dump one these days.

Meh. Nuts to ya’ , I say!

#9647 28 days ago

Im a huge fan of this game as well. We have well over 2500 plays on ours already. My suggestions to the newbies of this game:

1 Set the EM difficulty to harder. It helps to get some tours mode first and bring the EM in later in the game. It makes the EM more special. Changes strategy for the better.
2 Set the tour MB directions to on- it tells you what shots to do right on the screen before MB starts. You can skip thru if you like.
3 If you like the lighting, get the ninja mod kits to light up the speakers and undercabinet lighting the same as the expressions lighting.

#9648 28 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shit take!
Still, it’s a good game for 4500, which is what you’ll have to settle for if you are trying to dump one these days.

I am a pro owner and the expression lights take it up a level.

I wish more pro's were sold as I would really like the backboard song list display.

A modder would have made this if sales were higher!

#9649 28 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don’t use a screwdriver, but some other dull stick like instrument is good for quickee orbit shops on most games.

You could also use something with a gooseneck handle and fasten some cloth around the end of it. Something like this would be perfect:

https://a.co/d/0TF7hk4

#9650 28 days ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Im a huge fan of this game as well. We have well over 2500 plays on ours already. My suggestions to the newbies of this game:
1 Set the EM difficulty to harder. It helps to get some tours mode first and bring the EM in later in the game. It makes the EM more special. Changes strategy for the better.
2 Set the tour MB directions to on- it tells you what shots to do right on the screen before MB starts. You can skip thru if you like.
3 If you like the lighting, get the ninja mod kits to light up the speakers and undercabinet lighting the same as the expressions lighting.

I also think this game should be set to “spell ROCK to light left ramp for locks.” It’s just too easy having it ready to go.

Also should be set to “shoot right ramp once
To light tour modes.”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Portland, OR
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

10,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Forest, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shady Spring, WV
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 9,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 196.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/193 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.