IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 193.
#9351 3 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I just realized I never attached photos to my previous question post. I'm a dummy. And, still don't know what the 34,000 pictured represents.
[quoted image]

Pretty sure that’s the ‘sales amount’ tied to the next lit shot you hit on your way to 100k sales for a gold record on the current song. I believe it declines quickly, and the idea is to blow this up via shots like the spinner(et al) to pump that sales number up and hit a couple lit shots to amass gold and ultimately platinum records for each song.

Said another way, the bigger this number you picture, the fewer shots to ‘complete’ a song with 5 golds or a platinum.

#9352 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Pretty sure that’s the ‘sales amount’ tied to the next lit shot you hit on your way to 100k sales for a gold record on the current song. I believe it declines quickly, and the idea is to blow this up via shots like the spinner(et al) to pump that sales number up and hit a couple lit shots to amass gold and ultimately platinum records for each song.
Said another way, the bigger this number you picture, the fewer shots to ‘complete’ a song with 5 golds or a platinum.

This sounds good but doesn't appear to be the case for the number over the black record in the bottom left hand corner, just the lighter colored record in the upper right hand corner. I've hit a song shot with over 100k and over 1M indicated over the black record and it didn't add a record.

Any other ideas? It can't be this hard to figure out, right?

#9353 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The ramp flap from cliffy fixed this reject issue for me. Shotnis like butter now and no big screw heads for the ball to hit.

You're referring to this thing? How does it work exactly? I can't seem to find any details on Cliffy's site.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9354 3 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:This sounds good but doesn't appear to be the case for the number over the black record in the bottom left hand corner, just the lighter colored record in the upper right hand corner. I've hit a song shot with over 100k and over 1M indicated over the black record and it didn't add a record.
Any other ideas? It can't be this hard to figure out, right?

It counts up the points earned from the spinner(s)

#9355 3 months ago

The cliffy's carbon fiber ramp piece works like a dream, like someone said smooth as butter. I installed like this, the metal one i put a small dot with a sharpie on the left back corner of it on the inside of the ramp where the metal one stops. Remove the 2 screws, line up the cliffy's one where the metal one was, don't forget to clean the area with alcohol test fit it to see how its going to line up with the sharpie dot peal the backing off lay it in there, i used a small flathead screw driver to move it where i wanted it to be making sure its lined up straight then pressed down in the middle of the cliffy's to stick it down an then flatten the rest of it to stick it all down an rub it good. Bam no more screws sticking up for the ball to hit an the ball does hit hit the screws. Now it is a smooth transition. Stupid to put screws there that stick up. Now i can make the ramp on the plunge most of the time an with the upper flipper to. One more thing i installed a purple shooter spring the stock one was orange the purple is just a little stronger.

#9356 3 months ago
17048011551038443482368895316497 (resized).jpg17048011551038443482368895316497 (resized).jpg
#9357 3 months ago
Quoted from prairieslayer:

The cliffy's carbon fiber ramp piece works like a dream

How do you order it on Cliffy's website? It is under new product but no tabs to purchase? Do you have to call him or something?

#9358 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

How do you order it on Cliffy's website? It is under new product but no tabs to purchase? Do you have to call him or something?

For my order it was part of the complete protector set. Just email him. Must have piece.

#9359 3 months ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

You're referring to this thing? How does it work exactly? I can't seem to find any details on Cliffy's site.[quoted image]

Now I know what those things are that came with my Jurassic Park Cliffys years ago. The Jurassic helicopter 180 ramp is the same as Led Zeps, so I'll install the one I have on Led Zep. Never noticed any issues with rejects on Jurassic and they have the same exposed screws. But the ball hits at a much different angle that obviously does not affect Jurassic.

#9360 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Must have piece

Dude at this point I am about to try and MacGyver with some scotch tape because I get more rejects than a pimple faced derelict at a Prom dance.

#9361 3 months ago

Yea email him tell him you want the led zeppelin cf ramp entrance piece only if you don't want the full set, I put the full set on but have just ordered specific pieces from him so he shouldn't have a problem with it.

#9362 3 months ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

It counts up the points earned from the spinner(s)

I figured it's such a prominent graphic when it pops up, it had to be something above and beyond that. But if that's all it is, that's it.

#9363 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Dude at this point I am about to try and MacGyver with some scotch tape because I get more rejects than a pimple faced derelict at a Prom dance.

The shot a become a repeatable shot since installing as long as I do my part on timing.

Still not the easiest shot but now it is smooth with no rejects, great feeling shot.

#9364 3 months ago

Just joined the club, my premium arrives on Monday.

#9365 3 months ago

Congrats!! We love ours! Order the ninjamods expression lighting speakerrs and cabinet lighting! The tie into the existing expression lighting is amazing.

Quoted from PinballQeer:

Just joined the club, my premium arrives on Monday.

#9366 3 months ago

Just got to hope I don't screw it all by stupidly having it delivered on a day it's supposed to be -1f outside.

#9367 3 months ago

I love this pin…my absolute favorite multiball table…but I always wish the zeppelin would move when I hit that shot…like…even just rock would be so awesome…is anyone out there smart enough, or rather, has the skills and tools to figure out how to make that happen…? I’d pay far more than it’s worth for it to do that

#9368 3 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Congrats!! We love ours! Order the ninjamods expression lighting speakerrs and cabinet lighting! The tie into the existing expression lighting is amazing.

Out of curiosity, how difficult is it to install those?

#9369 3 months ago

Its pretty easy. Their instructions are fantastic. Highly recommend. Its a true quality product. I hope ninjamods makes the same kits for Jaws.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Out of curiosity, how difficult is it to install those?

#9370 3 months ago

At first, I just did the speakers. I liked them so much I added the cabinet and backbox kits.

Quoted from nocreditdot:

Its pretty easy. Their instructions are fantastic. Highly recommend. Its a true quality product. I hope ninjamods makes the same kits for Jaws.

#9371 3 months ago
Quoted from prairieslayer:

The cliffy's carbon fiber ramp piece works like a dream, like someone said smooth as butter. I installed like this, the metal one i put a small dot with a sharpie on the left back corner of it on the inside of the ramp where the metal one stops. Remove the 2 screws, line up the cliffy's one where the metal one was, don't forget to clean the area with alcohol test fit it to see how its going to line up with the sharpie dot peal the backing off lay it in there, i used a small flathead screw driver to move it where i wanted it to be making sure its lined up straight then pressed down in the middle of the cliffy's to stick it down an then flatten the rest of it to stick it all down an rub it good. Bam no more screws sticking up for the ball to hit an the ball does hit hit the screws. Now it is a smooth transition. Stupid to put screws there that stick up. Now i can make the ramp on the plunge most of the time an with the upper flipper to. One more thing i installed a purple shooter spring the stock one was orange the purple is just a little stronger.

So it comes with an adhesive backing? And it stays put over time? How long have you had it in your machine?

#9372 3 months ago

Yes it has adhesive backing, yes it has stayed put, it's been on for 6 months with over 300 game's since installed.

#9373 3 months ago

Has anyone had any issues with the "One Way Wire Gate?" Mine is broken once again!!!!

#9374 3 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Has anyone had any issues with the "One Way Wire Gate?" Mine is broken once again!!!!

photos ?

#9375 3 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I'd bet almost every machine has a problem with the gate. It's a definite design flaw that Stern has ignored. Someone posted a great solution in the thread - use a pair of wire cutters to make a slight grove around the end of the gate wire and push on a very small e-clip to stop the gate from coming out of the bracket.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9376 3 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I'd bet almost every machine has a problem with the gate. It's a definite design flaw that Stern has ignored. Someone posted a great solution in the thread - use a pair of wire cutters to make a slight grove around the end of the gate wire and push on a very small e-clip to stop the gate from coming out of the bracket.

This or just putting a bend on the end of the gate

#9377 3 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

This or just putting a bend on the end of the gate

That might actually work. Mine has been reshaped many times now and is no longer able to be put back in place.

#9378 3 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

That might actually work. Mine has been reshaped many times now and is no longer able to be put back in place.

worked for me and forgot about it.

#9379 3 months ago

Hey guys.

I'm back in the club. Original had a pro, but now I have a premium. It's a blast to play.

Have a question. Currently there is code 1.00 on my premium. I noticed when I had my pro that the latest code got rid of the attract mode concert footage.

Am I missing much leaving 1.00 on my premium?
Is the magic spinner frenzy light show on 1.00 code?

Thanks.

#9380 3 months ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hey guys.
I'm back in the club. Original had a pro, but now I have a premium. It's a blast to play.
Have a question. Currently there is code 1.00 on my premium. I noticed when I had my pro that the latest code got rid of the attract mode concert footage.
Thanks.

Sounds like your pro had @pomc's free code update?

#9381 3 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Sounds like your pro had @pomc's free code update?

No it didn't.

#9382 3 months ago

I know you guys are probably going to holler at me and it's probably one of the earlier post. But how do I get the magic spinner to sit vertical?

Thanks

PXL_20240115_005626317 (resized).jpgPXL_20240115_005626317 (resized).jpg
#9383 3 months ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hey guys.
Thanks.

Don’t leave 1.00 code on there. Update to the latest Stern or message me for the link to my latest update that adds the attract videos and replaces some in game animations with better ones.

#9384 3 months ago

I ended up flipping the spinner around so it leans outwards now. Tried bending the sidebars and got it as straight as possible. It ended up when it was leaning backwards it was blocking the optos when the ball was locked and could not register on the optos.

#9385 3 months ago

Hey just joined the club and after attempting to readjust and tighten a droopy flipper i went to put the playfield back in and it just won't seat in, doesn't feel like there's any room to go back further - anyone else have this issue?

PXL_20240117_200823300 (resized).jpgPXL_20240117_200823300 (resized).jpg
#9386 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballQeer:

Hey just joined the club and after attempting to readjust and tighten a droopy flipper i went to put the playfield back in and it just won't seat in, doesn't feel like there's any room to go back further - anyone else have this issue?
[quoted image]

You are handling this too gingerly. force it to the back and it will drop in where it should be. you aren't going to hurt it.

#9387 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballQeer:

[quoted image]

I would just check to make sure there isn't anything in the way. Saw that happen to someone after shipping. Turned out they didn't notice the coin box had fallen into the back of the cabinet and the drop target assembly was now bumping into it in the back of the lower cabinet.

#9388 3 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I would just check to make sure there isn't anything in the way. Saw that happen to someone after shipping. Turned out they didn't notice the coin box had fallen into the back of the cabinet and the drop target assembly was now bumping into it in the back of the lower cabinet.

Thanks, I will definitely take a peak around it, coinbox is in place but maybe I'm missing something else - it's so close and every video I found it seems to drop right in for folks so I couldn't figure out was I missing.

#9389 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballQeer:

Thanks, I will definitely take a peak around it, coinbox is in place but maybe I'm missing something else - it's so close and every video I found it seems to drop right in for folks so I couldn't figure out was I missing.

Levi isn't wrong. I have had a couple that need a bit if persuasion, and with some small correction drop in.

#9390 3 months ago

I believe you and levi but there just doesn't seem to be any more room, i was able to get the left side in once with a lot of effort but I couldn't get the right tab even close. Took a a couple pictures in the coin door and it looks like I'm all the way back?

PXL_20240117_212024261 (resized).jpgPXL_20240117_212024261 (resized).jpgPXL_20240117_212053792 (resized).jpgPXL_20240117_212053792 (resized).jpg
#9391 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballQeer:

I believe you and levi but there just doesn't seem to be any more room, i was able to get the left side in once with a lot of effort but I couldn't get the right tab even close. Took a a couple pictures in the coin door and it looks like I'm all the way back?
[quoted image][quoted image]

THose photos don't show anything of value unfortunately.

Look...there HAS to be room. Unless the playfield stretched out an inch?

#9392 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THose photos don't show anything of value unfortunately.
Look...there HAS to be room. Unless the playfield stretched out an inch?

I get the feeling there is something behind there or on the back of the playfield. It doesn't look like the stops are all the way back on the support slides especially on the left side.

#9393 3 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I get the feeling there is something behind there or on the back of the playfield. It doesn't look like the stops are all the way back on the support slides especially on the left side.

Yeah couldn't hurt to slide the playfield all the way to the front and just make sure there's no bundles of wires or anything in the way. Remove the balls and lean playfield against the head as well.

#9394 3 months ago

I appreciate you all as a total noob, I gave it one more shot on y'alls advice and was able to get the left side in and then with a little force and what looked like a little twisting of the playfield the right popped down, unfortunately, the left flipper started resting further and further down within one game to the point it wouldn't let balls drain during MB....guess i need to get back under there and try tightening it again....feels like the appropriate welcome to ownership

#9395 3 months ago

If this is your first pin, you'll come to get used to the level of force you use when working on these. Don't worry, they aren't delicate little flowers. Pins are pretty tough and designed to stand up to the abuse of being out on location.

#9396 3 months ago

I’m suprised short of a few magic spinner adjustments I haven’t really had many issues or stuck balls even. Once it’s tuned in right I don’t see a ton of maintenance needing to be done on mine short of rubbers and waxing etc. hope you get it dialed in , it’s such a great game

#9397 3 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

If this is your first pin, you'll come to get used to the level of force you use when working on these. Don't worry, they aren't delicate little flowers. Pins are pretty tough and designed to stand up to the abuse of being out on location.

Second this. I find it helps if you cuss at it.

#9398 3 months ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I’m suprised short of a few magic spinner adjustments I haven’t really had many issues or stuck balls even. Once it’s tuned in right I don’t see a ton of maintenance needing to be done on mine short of rubbers and waxing etc. hope you get it dialed in , it’s such a great game

I think I got the flipper set, prolly played 10 games and plenty of MB and the flipper is solid...I had one stuck ball on a zeppelin shot, came off the ramp and got stuck under the zep propped on the side ramp but it was a hard shot, a couple small airballs over the electric magic, but nothing major like others in the thread. Owning one is quite the time!

Side note, at least my side ramp is dialed in, tough shot for sure, but definitely scored a few hits, prolly 50/50 rejections but those are on sloppy shots for sure, when it works its smooth as butter.

#9399 3 months ago

Welcome to the club! What’s your second machine gonna be???

#9400 3 months ago

Ha - I don't know yet, someday I'd like to get an Elton, but that was just priced to high for a first pin, maybe I'll catch someone wanting a trade someday, but the current basement is a chore and a half to get a pin down the stairs, even with esclara type dolly due to a wall at the top of the stairs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.99
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

5,699 (OBO)
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/188?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.