20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 193.
#8701 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Foo fighters has the expression lights in the LE, option to add them later in the premium. Unfortunately, for led Zeppelin fans who want to add them to the pro that probably increases their demand in general.

I'm usually a get the table and slap all the mods on at once as I'd already have them in anticipation. I hope the expression lights don't follow Stern's historic trend of 'most anticipated accessories" timeline.

I don't even think you can get them STILL for RUSH, right? (Don't own RUSH....so not entirely sure.)

#8702 1 year ago

Anybody replace an opto board for the electric magic spinner? I have a replacement for a broken one. Is it fairly intensive install for someone with very little skill, know how, or experience in pinball maintenance. Cheers

#8703 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I don't even think you can get them STILL for RUSH, right? (Don't own RUSH....so not entirely sure.)

Correct.

#8704 1 year ago

Joining the club for a while tomorrow. Getting a pro (I love the cab art) with the light kits and picking up a topper as well. Definitely have to get a plunger and side armor. Going to look good in my basement but also going to be the first to go when I need room.

#8705 1 year ago

My “topper”

I will be going legit for my Rush LE without a doubt!!

39580671-3153-4EA0-BB63-277939974156 (resized).jpeg39580671-3153-4EA0-BB63-277939974156 (resized).jpeg
#8706 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

Joining the club for a while tomorrow. Getting a pro (I love the cab art) with the light kits and picking up a topper as well. Definitely have to get a plunger and side armor. Going to look good in my basement but also going to be the first to go when I need room.

The shooter rod is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in pinball for awhile and I freaking love it. Side armor is really nice too

#8707 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

The shooter rod is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in pinball for awhile and I freaking love it. Side armor is really nice too

That shooter rod should come with it's own integrated mode.

#8708 1 year ago

Latest wooden sign by a local artist. The detail is incredible, with the three dimensional ZOSO symbols and blimp. PM if interested. Thanks.

8D043143-7A2B-4C9B-97FE-67922BF065C9 (resized).jpeg8D043143-7A2B-4C9B-97FE-67922BF065C9 (resized).jpeg92B11F38-6266-4397-B814-88371D37754C (resized).jpeg92B11F38-6266-4397-B814-88371D37754C (resized).jpeg
#8709 1 year ago

Expression light kit is amazing. I think I’m skipping the side armor though on this one.

#8710 1 year ago

Hi all, I’m getting a ball stuck behind the fin of The Mothership (see photo) any suggestions on preventing this from happening? Thank you in advance!!

2B6A1304-30FB-4BBC-B5C5-30350182B036 (resized).jpeg2B6A1304-30FB-4BBC-B5C5-30350182B036 (resized).jpeg77EC8FDB-7E8C-4D72-8BEA-4AD80DD82A52 (resized).jpeg77EC8FDB-7E8C-4D72-8BEA-4AD80DD82A52 (resized).jpegE931999D-BE59-4921-A3B0-98FAF2429CDB (resized).jpegE931999D-BE59-4921-A3B0-98FAF2429CDB (resized).jpeg
#8711 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Hi all, I’m getting a ball stuck behind the fin of The Mothership (see photo) any suggestions on preventing this from happening? Thank you in advance!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe a little rubber cabinet stopper right there would either bounce it off or not allow it to settle there?

#8712 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

I'm away from my machine at the moment, but I don't think the ball should be going up there at all. Looks like it's leaving the Zeppelin ramp after the turn.

Does your ramp and track leading towards the Zeppelin (after the 180 degree turn) appear mostly level? Have you done any work on that area lately that would have changed it's flow? I see you replaced the Zeppelin itself, is that installed level over the track?

#8713 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

I was having some fly outs off the left ramp when my game was brand new. They were a little further along on the return hough. I turned down the right flipper for a while until the ramp was "broken in" and providing a bit more friction. Hasn't been an issue after the first week or so.

#8714 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

I'm away from my machine at the moment, but I don't think the ball should be going up there at all. Looks like it's leaving the Zeppelin ramp after the turn.
Does your ramp and track leading towards the Zeppelin (after the 180 degree turn) appear mostly level? Have you done any work on that area lately that would have changed it's flow? I see you replaced the Zeppelin itself, is that installed level over the track?

Yeppers that’s exactly what it’s doing! Yes the Zeppelin was swapped out but it’s identical to the OG except painted. Everything ‘looks’ the same and this is a recent development. I appreciate the feedback!!!!

#8715 1 year ago

is there a 'secret' skill shot in this game?

#8716 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:is there a 'secret' skill shot in this game?

Not that I've found, I would think it would be hitting the skill shot + the upper flipper to cross ramp for it if they did.

#8717 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Not that I've found, I would think it would be hitting the skill shot + the upper flipper to cross ramp for it if they did.

This adds ball save time.

#8718 1 year ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

This adds ball save time.

Didn’t realize that, I know the skill shot does but the cross over ramp adds even more? :O

#8719 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Didn’t realize that, I know the skill shot does but the cross over ramp adds even more? :O

Double check that to make sure. I'm on vacation or I would.

#8720 1 year ago

Just got a premium and started having random end of ball issues. Will be playing ball still active on playfield and the end of ball sequence kicks in. Wondering if I have a faulty trough board? I’ve put in switch mode and banged on playfield no close switches were noticed. Anyone else have this weird behavior?

#8721 1 year ago

I was thinking about changing up a couple of the songs. Has anyone done it while the machine is hooked up to insider connected? Are you all swapping out memory sticks to change the soundtrack?

#8722 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I was thinking about changing up a couple of the songs. Has anyone done it while the machine is hooked up to insider connected? Are you all swapping out memory sticks to change the soundtrack?

PM me if you want help swapping out songs in LZ. It is always recommended to keep the original sd card when you do custom codes. Thanks.

#8723 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Heres one to replace the songs in the same order:
Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp (I went with the How the West Was Won) version
Stairway (last 2:26)
Babe I’m Gonna Leave You
Misty Mountain Hop
How Many More Times
The Ocean
Over the Hills and Far Away
Dy’er Mak’er
Fool in the Rain
When the Levee Breaks

Ok, this is great! How do I do this? Pm if you would take a small fee to set up and guide me through it.

#8724 1 year ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ok, this is great! How do I do this? Pm if you would take a small fee to set up and guide me through it.

I recommend connecting with pinballjah

#8725 1 year ago

I picked up a set of LZ lenticular 3D apron cards from youbentmywookie. They're neat and look great. Photos don't do justice.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/08038-led-zeppelin-lenticular-3d-apron-cards

Pinside_shopitem_8038_1 (resized).pngPinside_shopitem_8038_1 (resized).png Pinside_shopitem_8038_0 (resized).pngPinside_shopitem_8038_0 (resized).pnglz-apron (resized).jpglz-apron (resized).jpg

#8726 1 year ago

How many of y’all are running insider connect at home on this one? I have used it in the arcade and I like it but not sure it’s worth the $200 for home use. I do like the idea of competing with other home users etc but wanted to see if you guys are using it / enjoying it as an upgrade?

#8727 1 year ago

I put one in mine. It’s fun for the achievements, but I was also under the impression we were getting home leaderboards and that was the main reason I bought it.

#8728 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I put one in mine. It’s fun for the achievements, but I was also under the impression we were getting home leaderboards and that was the main reason I bought it.

So no home leaderboards yet?

#8729 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

How many of y’all are running insider connect at home on this one? I have used it in the arcade and I like it but not sure it’s worth the $200 for home use. I do like the idea of competing with other home users etc but wanted to see if you guys are using it / enjoying it as an upgrade?

Worth it for home team login. I'm that lazy when its time to put up initials :p

#8730 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I like it. Was fun to compete in the focused global leaderboard. Got my highest score that way.

#8731 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I added one…I like it, and I see people using it when they come over for tournaments. I put mine in the coin door, but I’ll probably move it to the apron because I also want to add this volume control / headphone jack - highly recommended, I have it on Rush:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

#8732 1 year ago

I bought an SD card and wifi dongle from Amazon and stretched an ethernet to my other machine to get it online and added it to my Home Team. Cost $15.

#8733 1 year ago

Im in the minority but, I find Stern IC useless unless updating the code wirelessly.

#8734 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:Im in the minority but, I find Stern IC useless unless updating the code wirelessly.

I don't even use mine, waste of money

#8735 1 year ago

I like how IC keeps track of my progress. Love getting achievements. I know stern is working on expanding features. I have it in both of my sterns.

#8736 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

I bought an SD card and wifi dongle from Amazon and stretched an ethernet to my other machine to get it online and added it to my Home Team. Cost $15.

So you can run two machines off of one IC kit? Id like to try this as well

#8737 1 year ago

As long as you have 1 scanner/kit you can do it. To install it you need all 3 components, the scanner, micro SD card, and ethernet/wifi connection. Once you have it on one machine, you can just add the micro and wifi adapter (<$20) and run an ethernet to the scanner on the other machine just to get it set up. Then just add your name to the home team and it will save on all your machines. You can walk up to the machine without the scanner, hold the left flipper button down, and it will pop up your 5 team members to choose from. It works for me since I only have a couple frequent users on my home team. I have the full kit on Godzilla and Iron Maiden, no scanner option on Led Zeppelin. If somebody really wants to play my LZ they can join the home team on one of my scanner machines and it will save to LZ.

#8738 1 year ago

Thanks! Ill have to give it a try

#8739 1 year ago

So very mixed opinions but good to know. I do like IC in the arcade very much (though the last two trips I made never even registered to the system). Was just wondering if there was competition between other home users etc.

I would want to do the coindoor Mount but I also really want to get the headphone Jack as well.

I’ll probably hold off then til they expand functionality a bit more.

1 week later
#8740 1 year ago

OK... what is this? All the sudden it appeared above the left in/out lanes? I've searched.... no clue.

zep (resized).jpgzep (resized).jpg
#8741 1 year ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

OK... what is this? All the sudden it appeared above the left in/out lanes? I've searched.... no clue.
[quoted image]

Looks like some sort of cable holder. Do you have any mods on the game?

#8742 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Looks like some sort of cable holder. Do you have any mods on the game?

The only thing I have is the Westminster Abby building. I'll check that.

Thanks

#8743 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Just got a premium and started having random end of ball issues. Will be playing ball still active on playfield and the end of ball sequence kicks in. Wondering if I have a faulty trough board? I’ve put in switch mode and banged on playfield no close switches were noticed. Anyone else have this weird behavior?

So didn't get much help from pinside but after 2 weeks, 5 calls to Stern Tech support and robbing several boards out of mando we finally found the issues. It turned out to be a flakey com port on the MPU. When I moved the cable to the spare input the problem stopped. After using my mando's trough,node 8, and a spare cat 5 cable I was waiting on hold again for stern I said why not swap ports. An viola fixed the issue. Stern is sending me a new MPU but they need to marry it to my Serial number of the game so 3-4 week wait. So the days of having a spare mpu board are long gone. Prob another "advancement" of the Insider connect.

So hopefully this helps another owner down the road. Stern build quality is certainly become an issue of late. Never had a NIB game give me this much trouble (Broken Start Button, spinner broke on electric Magic, Flap on Shooter lane, Icarus issues and now rando ball ends on a game with less than 100 plays, and I've been collecting for 20+ years hope this is just a one off but after talking to my distributer not an uncommon issue lately... Game rocks however have enjoyed playing it since the fix but it was down for 3 weeks and lot a wasted time on hold to get to the bottom of the issues. Glad I had a mando to rob parts god knows how long I would have waited if I didn't make the troubleshooting easy for them.
Happy Flipping,
Al

#8744 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

So didn't get much help from pinside but after 2 weeks, 5 calls to Stern Tech support and robbing several boards out of mando we finally found the issues. It turned out to be a flakey com port on the MPU. When I moved the cable to the spare input the problem stopped. After using my mando's trough,node 8, and a spare cat 5 cable I was waiting on hold again for stern I said why not swap ports. An viola fixed the issue. Stern is sending me a new MPU but they need to marry it to my Serial number of the game so 3-4 week wait. So the days of having a spare mpu board are long gone. Prob another "advancement" of the Insider connect.
So hopefully this helps another owner down the road. Stern build quality is certainly become an issue of late. Never had a NIB game give me this much trouble (Broken Start Button, spinner broke on electric Magic, Flap on Shooter lane, Icarus issues and now rando ball ends on a game with less than 100 plays, and I've been collecting for 20+ years hope this is just a one off but after talking to my distributer not an uncommon issue lately... Game rocks however have enjoyed playing it since the fix but it was down for 3 weeks and lot a wasted time on hold to get to the bottom of the issues. Glad I had a mando to rob parts god knows how long I would have waited if I didn't make the troubleshooting easy for them.
Happy Flipping,
Al

Sorry about your issues Al, sounds like you have them all figured out though. This game really is amazing once you get to know it a bit. My biggest issue with it is it makes other modern games seem very boring!

#8745 1 year ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

My biggest issue with it is it makes other modern games seem very boring!

Totally get that. But it is nice to come back to it for some basic ramp and spinner fun. For me it holds a good spot for that.

#8746 1 year ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Sorry about your issues Al, sounds like you have them all figured out though. This game really is amazing once you get to know it a bit. My biggest issue with it is it makes other modern games seem very boring!

Yeah when I first played in on roll out I was a bit underwhelmed by it.. It was on location and you couldn't really hear the music. Then a few code updates I began to gravitate towards it. Then it went on the if I get a good deal I'll get one list. As luck would have it traded a nice Mustang plus a couple nice ems for a new in the box premium that was a demo. Unfortunately the gremlins also came with it. Think this is a dark horse stern premium that will gain more following once people start to understand the rule set. A lot deeper than my first impression and I enjoy the challenge of building the Icarus bonus up by converting combos. Good news is stern will not rerun it like my original ACDC premium so I think the value will stabilize and may appreciate considering what I have into it. Will be a good tournament machine we have it as hole #1 at next week's Pingolf Masters we are hosting at my garage. Its a par three with the objective of getting electric magic jackpot. Should be easy hole in one for some but for others could end up a solid bogey. Will see how the field handles the challenge.

#8747 1 year ago

It is accurate to say I really enjoy LZ music, but I love the way LZ pinball shoots more than anything. I can see why some folks don't like it, with its sparse mechs and its relative shallow theme integration , but for great flow, with options on shots, I just love it.

#8748 1 year ago

My electric magic spinner spins as it should, but the optos don’t recognize each spin. It randomly scores zero spins, one, or all. On the advice of my friend, Pinsider @kruzman, I wiped the optos and unplugged and replugged and checked for loose wires. Advice appreciated.

IMG_9080 (resized).jpegIMG_9080 (resized).jpegIMG_9081 (resized).jpegIMG_9081 (resized).jpegIMG_9082 (resized).jpegIMG_9082 (resized).jpeg
#8749 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

It is accurate to say I really enjoy LZ music, but I love the way LZ pinball shoots more than anything. I can see why some folks don't like it, with its sparse mechs and its relative shallow theme integration , but for great flow, with options on shots, I just love it.

Seconded! Also I think it feels more like a throwback machine with fewer mechs. The use vibrant of vibrant colors on the playfield and plastics are great. Preowned Pro model on the way for me…should get it Tuesday!

#8750 1 year ago

It's an outstanding game and I don't give a F about the negative comments people say about this game. A fun game doesn't have to have a bunch of mechs and shit everywhere. I Love the way this game plays, The rule set, coding and lighting are great, and the tunes are classics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.