IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 191.
#8601 1 year ago
Quoted from TraitMocks:

Yeah, love starting with ramps too.

I think ramps, spinner, orbit, bumpers is the easiest path to world tour. Otherwise your third and fourth stages can be really tough, especially the side shot.

#8602 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Flipper-fade resolved on the cheap. $7.99
[quoted image]
Just realized it looks as if it's not pointing at the flipper-coil, but I assure you it's blasting it.

How long into gameplay were you having flipper issues?

#8603 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How long into gameplay were you having flipper issues?

Over 30 min for sure as I'm a fast player, but I'm sure it's a tad sooner.

#8604 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If anyone wants help changing any of the music on their LZ, Pinball Browser now works on the latest 1.17 code. Can customize to change any song of your choice. Will also change the British accent announcement of the song name and on screen song name. Price will depend on what you want done. PM if you have a project in mind. Thanks.

I immediately replaced Kashmir with Stairway.

waynes-no-stairway-denied (resized).pngwaynes-no-stairway-denied (resized).png
#8605 1 year ago
Quoted from mchamps:I immediately replaced Kashmir with Stairway.
[quoted image]

Be cool if someone made a replacement backboard plastic to reflect song changes.

Hate when stuff isnt matched up.

#8606 1 year ago

Anyone have to order a new bulb for spotlight in topper?

Having a flickering left spotlight that causes both to go out. Resoldered connections on bulb and still not right.

#8607 1 year ago

My center ramp flap seems to be uneven, the right edge is slightly raised. Anybody experienced something like this or no of a way to fix it properly?

PXL_20230204_173735021 (resized).jpgPXL_20230204_173735021 (resized).jpgPXL_20230204_173820692 (resized).jpgPXL_20230204_173820692 (resized).jpg
#8608 1 year ago

Huge thank you to mauricio-gigante for your LZ Mothership mod - you do great work and it Looks outstanding! Adds a touch of class to the game.

150EAA46-8635-4F0A-A7E6-314CCDF07A49 (resized).jpeg150EAA46-8635-4F0A-A7E6-314CCDF07A49 (resized).jpeg801668F6-2EA3-400B-B266-63CA3A462096 (resized).jpeg801668F6-2EA3-400B-B266-63CA3A462096 (resized).jpeg84941DFB-64A1-4FA2-854B-BAFF2DD2661A (resized).jpeg84941DFB-64A1-4FA2-854B-BAFF2DD2661A (resized).jpeg9E63D847-5B1A-4F31-A7E9-FC44A045D82B (resized).jpeg9E63D847-5B1A-4F31-A7E9-FC44A045D82B (resized).jpeg
#8609 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

My center ramp flap seems to be uneven, the right edge is slightly raised. Anybody experienced something like this or no of a way to fix it properly?[quoted image][quoted image]

For anyone that runs into this issue, I was able to resolve it, under the playfield there are 2 nuts that secure the ramp flap it seems. The one on the right for me was very loose, I tightened it up and the flap is now much closer to flush.

flap2 (resized).jpgflap2 (resized).jpg

#8610 1 year ago
Quoted from mchamps:

I immediately replaced Kashmir with Stairway.
[quoted image]

I always think of this scene when I hit Kashmir:

#8611 1 year ago

shame his tape deck got stolen that night....

#8612 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

shame his tape deck got stolen that night....

…And left his wallet at home…two more cokes please

#8613 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

For anyone that runs into this issue, I was able to resolve it, under the playfield there are 2 nuts that secure the ramp flap it seems. The one on the right for me was very loose, I tightened it up and the flap is now much closer to flush.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing as I was wonder how to fix this.

#8614 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If anyone wants help changing any of the music on their LZ, Pinball Browser now works on the latest 1.17 code. Can customize to change any song of your choice. Will also change the British accent announcement of the song name and on screen song name. Price will depend on what you want done. PM if you have a project in mind. Thanks.

Top notch work here! Quick turnaround as well.

#8615 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Top notch work here! Quick turnaround as well.

Thanks, I hope you are enjoying the new tunes on your LZ! Have also done a lot of custom codes for Beatles, Kiss, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, etc. if anyone wants to customize the music for their pin. I don't suggest Rush until the code is closer to being final. PM for more details. Can usually turn it around within a couple days. Thanks.

#8616 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks, I hope you are enjoying the new tunes on your LZ! Have also done a lot of custom codes for Beatles, Kiss, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, etc. if anyone wants to customize the music for their pin. I don't suggest Rush until the code is closer to being final. PM for more details. Can usually turn it around within a couple days. Thanks.

Do different songs match up with the expression lights?

#8617 1 year ago

Anyone have any tips on reducing rejects from the right ramp?

#8618 1 year ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Anyone have any tips on reducing rejects from the right ramp?

Use spacer 254-5052-00 from Marco to reduce ramp height. Also I added a fan to the right flipper coil to reduce fade

#8619 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Use spacer 254-5052-00 from Marco to reduce ramp height. Also I added a fan to the right flipper coil to reduce fade

Have you noticed a difference since the fan install?

#8620 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Have you noticed a difference since the fan install?

Yes, but this this the only pin I felt this was needed on . I can backhand the right ramp from the right flipper repeatedly but used to have problems after 15 minutes of play. I have seen no fade on my Aerosmith, AFM, GZ, DP, Rush, or IM.

#8621 1 year ago

Took my Zep out last night for a "Rock the 80s" concert and cancer awareness fundraiser in State College, PA, set on free play. Made one Led Zep fan--complete with a LZ tee-shirt--and others in 80s costumes very happy.

LZ1 (resized).JPGLZ1 (resized).JPGLZ2 (resized).JPGLZ2 (resized).JPG
#8622 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Yes, but this this the only pin I felt this was needed on . I can backhand the right ramp from the right flipper repeatedly but used to have problems after 15 minutes of play. I have seen no fade on my Aerosmith, AFM, GZ, DP, Rush, or IM.

No fade would be really nice. Which fans do you use?

#8623 1 year ago

I got a USB fan from Amazon and 9ft USB cord. There are 2 styles of fans, one is a pancake style. I mounted with epoxy. You can tap into the USB port at the main CPU or get an adapter and tap into the 110v at the transformer.
Or you can get the really nice set up they advertise here. I really recommend this for LZ. It's so frustrating to only go half way up the ramp. I'd also lower the ramp with the Marco spacer if you have something else you need to order -its not worth the shipping costs otherwise.

#8624 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I got a USB fan from Amazon and 9ft USB cord. There are 2 styles of fans, one is a pancake style. I mounted with epoxy. You can tap into the USB port at the main CPU or get an adapter and tap into the 110v at the transformer.
Or you can get the really nice set up they advertise here. I really recommend this for LZ. It's so frustrating to only go half way up the ramp. I'd also lower the ramp with the Marco spacer if you have something else you need to order -its not worth the shipping costs otherwise.

Thanks for this info, I'll take a look at the Amazon option, the nice ones are too expensive. It is really frustrating to get rejects deep in a game though. Making it to top of the charts would take probably 45 minutes, not that I would know of course.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8626 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Took my Zep out last night for a "Rock the 80s" concert and cancer awareness fundraiser in State College, PA, set on free play. Made one Led Zep fan--complete with a LZ tee-shirt--and others in 80s costumes very happy.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome. Most people probable have never even seen this pin.

#8627 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

That's awesome. Most people probable have never even seen this pin

Indeed. Several people just wanted their pictures taken with it. The number one question I get when I take pins out to events: "Is anyone still making these?" Sad, but true--especially for a college town that had two great pin places just 20 years ago, one of which served as a test spot for early production models in the 90s.

#8628 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Indeed. Several people just wanted their pictures taken with it. The number one question I get when I take pins out to events: "Is anyone still making these?" Sad, but true--especially for a college town that had two great pin places just 20 years ago, one of which served as a test spot for early production models in the 90s.

Yea it’s funny whenever people come over they’re shocked to find out it was a new model pin made in 2021. They say the same thing “oh man I thought this was vintage!”

#8630 1 year ago

When electric magic spinner is UP position, I'm consistently getting stuck behind the Electric Magic Spinner metal area / playfield lip any fix for this ? The game will do a ball search and drop the electric magic and it resolves... but this shouldn't happen every game. Any fix for this ?

#8631 1 year ago

Check out this guide from stern on leveling the EM spinner.

EMAdjustment.pdfEMAdjustment.pdf
#8632 1 year ago

Big Ben Mod available

Goes for 130$ plus shipping etc

$100 shipped in US only please

Message me with interest

355C0AD5-DE54-4067-B1A0-7B9FBD6964A4 (resized).jpeg355C0AD5-DE54-4067-B1A0-7B9FBD6964A4 (resized).jpeg12294B4F-7B17-4E52-B139-E947C68CC548 (resized).jpeg12294B4F-7B17-4E52-B139-E947C68CC548 (resized).jpegDFF6FADE-A9DB-46B2-B62F-55F50EC75F11 (resized).jpegDFF6FADE-A9DB-46B2-B62F-55F50EC75F11 (resized).jpeg
#8633 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

When electric magic spinner is UP position, I'm consistently getting stuck behind the Electric Magic Spinner metal area / playfield lip any fix for this ? The game will do a ball search and drop the electric magic and it resolves... but this shouldn't happen every game. Any fix for this ?

If it's not a mech leveling issue try making your game a bit steeper.

#8634 1 year ago

Been in the works for some time, available now. From the moment I unboxed this game I thought “that zeppelin should be on fire!” Enjoy!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1476-the-games-people/07867-exploding-zeppelin-mod-hindenburg-

117411E4-1F79-45A5-9A0B-953C0CCBCEF3 (resized).jpeg117411E4-1F79-45A5-9A0B-953C0CCBCEF3 (resized).jpeg
#8635 1 year ago

Still learning the rules. Is the main objective to just keep shooting the light shots to advance to the next song?

#8636 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Still learning the rules. Is the main objective to just keep shooting the light shots to advance to the next song?

Have I got the video for you lol

This is Raymond Davidson one of the games coders and one of the best players in the world.

#8637 1 year ago

Just bought a LZ Pro off a guy that never updated the code. Before I update the code to 1.17, will updating hinder my ability to add "custom audio" after updating?

Is there a modified audio package floating around that is regarded as "the one to use"?

#8638 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I think getting ramps tour going with rock n roll is a good starting spot.

#8639 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Just bought a LZ Pro off a guy that never updated the code. Before I update the code to 1.17, will updating hinder my ability to add "custom audio" after updating?
Is there a modified audio package floating around that is regarded as "the one to use"?

Pinball Browser works on the latest code (1.17). I have done a bunch of custom song packages for fellow Pinsiders if you need any assistance. Thanks.

#8640 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

You should know that the song shots and rules are directly tied to the songs and song structure(chorus, verse, guitar solo, etc). If you change music, the shots won't follow the songs.

#8641 1 year ago

Cheap Led Zeppelin topper alternative. The Object. Lots of folks 3D printing these things for cheap.

398016BA-3997-48B3-B2D6-CEB6985A186F (resized).jpeg398016BA-3997-48B3-B2D6-CEB6985A186F (resized).jpeg
#8642 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

Hi Guys,
Noob question. I presume this relates to the pitch of the machine. What are you using to measure with to reach "7 - 7.2"? I've always kept the bubble level near the shooter between the black marks and use a tool level to measure horizontal. Is this something in the settings that reports the tilts of machine? (my current suspicion)

I was already thinking of making a video showing different techniques for this, but the discussion here was just the motivation I needed to actually do it! Check it out:

#8643 1 year ago

Anybody with more than 2 games needs a good digital level. This is the one I use:

https://www.amazon.com/Digi-Pas-DWL200-Electronic-Torpedo-Protractor/dp/B0016Z1084

I start by leveling the front legs, by measuring at the cabinet under the coin door. You just need to be within 0.1 degree.

Here’s a cool tip for any Stern: the side rails are 8.5 degrees steeper than the playfield. So if you want 6.5 degrees, set the back legs so that you measure 15 degrees on both side rails. If you want 7 degrees at the playfield, use 15.5 degrees on the rails.

Some people will say that they only trust measurements made on the playfield, but that’s only necessary for older pins. AND, what are you using to prove that the level is perpendicular to the playfield angle? Set the 2 rails to the same angle, and you’ll be fine.

PinGuy is useless unless your phone is flat, with no bump-out for the camera lens. I’ve had someone use PinGuy to claim that my game was way off, and when we used my digital level it was dead nuts on.

#8644 1 year ago

Just did a service call on a Zep premium at a pool hall downtown.

Thanks to this thread I knew exactly where to look!!!

All expected issues were present:

Within 30 seconds I found:

Ball launch gate missing (who cares, couldn't find gate, left it as is)
Drop target rubber busted (replaced)
Spinner missing from the Electric Magic mech (bartender had it, placed it back in)

There was a also a loose screw stuck in the Tour Multiball hole that was causing it to not work, removed that and it's fine. Couldn't find where the screw belonged.

#8645 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just did a service call on a Zep premium at a pool hall downtown.
Thanks to this thread I knew exactly where to look!!!
All expected issues were present:
Within 30 seconds I found:
Ball launch gate missing (who cares, couldn't find gate, left it as is)
Drop target rubber busted (replaced)
Spinner missing from the Electric Magic mech (bartender had it, placed it back in)
There was a also a loose screw stuck in the Tour Multiball hole that was causing it to not work, removed that and it's fine. Couldn't find where the screw belonged.

Interested to see how a routed playfield looks on LZ. Would you be able to post any photos? Also how many plays does your machine have?

#8646 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Pinball Browser works on the latest code (1.17). I have done a bunch of custom song packages for fellow Pinsiders if you need any assistance. Thanks.

Definitely recommend if wanting to mix things up. Yes the shots don’t update but is a great option if wanting to get a different song list going. Very responsive and quick turnaround. I’m definitely pleased with my updates.

#8647 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Definitely recommend if wanting to mix things up. Yes the shots don’t update but is a great option if wanting to get a different song list going. Very responsive and quick turnaround. I’m definitely pleased with my updates.

I wonder if there is any danger to the machine switching back and forth ?anyone ?
I know I switched 3 SD cards on Beatles with no issues I know of.

#8648 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I wonder if there is any danger to the machine switching back and forth ?anyone ?
I know I switched 3 SD cards on Beatles with no issues I know of.

To be honest I think I only changed back once to the original sd card and didn’t have any issues. Will certainly report back if I do encounter any but don’t anticipate. Seems it’s a pretty common thing to do in other games like TMNT, Jurassic Park and even GOTG.

#8649 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

To be honest I think I only changed back once to the original sd card and didn’t have any issues. Will certainly report back if I do encounter any but don’t anticipate. Seems it’s a pretty common thing to do in other games like TMNT, Jurassic Park and even GOTG.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8650 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

It was fun. Now I want to add Over the Hills and Far Away to my game Enjoy the second setlist!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shively, KY
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions
Plastics
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 65.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 430.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Dyer, IN
$ 49.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/173?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.