IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,618 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 193.
#8551 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Was just messing around in the menus and realized that after almost 2 years of ownership, there’s a setting to turn on a tutorial objective for the tour multiball modes before they start. Very cool!

I have this setting on since day one. I wonder why this is not on in factory settings.

#8552 1 year ago

Hey folks... We just released our Expressive Undercabinet Light kit! If you love our expressive speaker light kit, or if you wanted the speaker light kit but couldn't use it because of the depth of your upgraded speakers, then this is for you!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07647-expressive-undercabinet-lights-kit

See it in action here: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/786978529

IMG_2199 (resized).PNGIMG_2199 (resized).PNG
#8553 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Was just messing around in the menus and realized that after almost 2 years of ownership, there’s a setting to turn on a tutorial objective for the tour multiball modes before they start. Very cool!

What setting is this under?

#8554 1 year ago

Adjustments - Led Game# 29 - “Show Tour Instructions” - change to Yes

#8555 1 year ago

Finally picked up a premium. My plan is still to have custom cab art made to deal with the damnably lazy art package. For now, it's shoved in the lineup where I can enjoy playing without seeing it and being annoyed :p

Noob question that hopefully has a simple answer: what exactly do I do to raise the spinner? It says "spell led zep", but either I don't get how those targets work or they are doing something strange. Even when I focus on clearing them, generally the spinner doesn't come up...when it does come up it seems to be off a ramp shot - do you have to clear them and hit a specific shot? Only 20 or so games in, but I've only seen the spinner come up 2-3 times. Probably just missing something, but I did get this one on trade so could be a problem or setting.

PXL_20230108_033330333.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230108_033330333.MP (resized).jpg
#8556 1 year ago

You have to spell Led Zep then hit any ramp, orbit, or scoop and it will raise. This allows the EM to raise safely while the ball is out of the way. May want to also check the EM settings to see where the difficulties are at.

#8557 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

You have to spell Led Zep then hit any ramp, orbit, or scoop and it will raise. This allows the EM to raise safely while the ball is out of the way. May want to also check the EM settings to see where the difficulties are at.

Should the letters stay lit until you raise it? Drops and stand ups seem to go off when cleared, sure I cleared the zep targets 10 times last night without bringing it up. I'd assume they'd stay lit until it comes up so you know what you need to hit, will check the settings later. I suppose the LED targets moving with the flipper could be throwing me off too, and I'm not actually clearing them all

#8558 1 year ago

The moving led targets are usually the ones that are the culprit. Drops will re-raise once you clear them. Also I believe there is a setting in terms of how many times you have to clear both sets for it to start. Default is “extra easy” if I remember correctly.

I really love this game and am not even close to being tired of it after owning it for 2 years. The rules and coding is done very well and I love the layout of this game. And of course the music is awesome.

#8559 1 year ago

Ok I have a question (and please don’t rake me over the coals for this dumb one). I get emails from pinside telling me it’s time to change the battery in my game. Got one last year and just got one again for my RUSH LE. I don’t see any batteries in the backbox in my new Stern games? Am I missing something - where the hell are they hiding it!?

#8560 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Ok I have a question (and please don’t rake me over the coals for this dumb one). I get emails from pinside telling me it’s time to change the battery in my game. Got one last year and just got one again for my RUSH LE. I don’t see any batteries in the backbox in my new Stern games? Am I missing something - where the hell are they hiding it!?

New spike 2 games don’t use AAs like the old games do they have batteries that should last the life of the game no real need to change or worry about them. They won’t leak and cause corrosion like older games will.

#8561 1 year ago

Thank you - that’s what I thought - I’m pretty sure my MET pro has a AA battery but I was confused when I got the email on my new spike 2 games. Thanks for confirming.

#8562 1 year ago

John-Floyd
Are you running the current code? I have a premium with an older code and it works perfect! I’ve been hesitant to change to the current code for fear of the game changing. Should I be?

#8563 1 year ago

Yup, em difficult was at medium, just needed to hit it more I guess. Did a factory reset for now until I get a feel for the game better. Still getting the shots down, but man I love a good combo game and this feels GOOD.

Is there a consensus for the slope? I'm at 6.6, but feel too slow and floaty. Gonna go up to 7 and see what I think.

#8564 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

John-Floyd
Are you running the current code? I have a premium with an older code and it works perfect! I’ve been hesitant to change to the current code for fear of the game changing. Should I be?

I’m fully up to date at 1.17 and I haven’t had any issues - some nice tweaks were made including bringing back the cool EM lighting.

#8565 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Yup, em difficult was at medium, just needed to hit it more I guess. Did a factory reset for now until I get a feel for the game better. Still getting the shots down, but man I love a good combo game and this feels GOOD.
Is there a consensus for the slope? I'm at 6.6, but feel too slow and floaty. Gonna go up to 7 and see what I think.

I think I have it at 7 to 7.2ish. Seems perfect to me.

#8566 1 year ago

Will there be another code update in the future?

#8567 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Will there be another code update in the future?

Game is 2 years old and doesn't seem to be missing anything nor have any noticeable bugs.

I'm gonna say...no. Don't hold out for another code update that doesn't have anything to do with Insider Connected.

#8568 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

One rubber added here and it's never happened again. [quoted image]

I picked one of these up yesterday and am having the same issue. I can't tell where the rubber was added in this picture. Can you please clarify?

#8569 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I think I have it at 7 to 7.2ish. Seems perfect to me.

Hi Guys,

Noob question. I presume this relates to the pitch of the machine. What are you using to measure with to reach "7 - 7.2"? I've always kept the bubble level near the shooter between the black marks and use a tool level to measure horizontal. Is this something in the settings that reports the tilts of machine? (my current suspicion)

#8570 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

Hi Guys,
Noob question. I presume this relates to the pitch of the machine. What are you using to measure with to reach "7 - 7.2"? I've always kept the bubble level near the shooter between the black marks and use a tool level to measure horizontal. Is this something in the settings that reports the tilts of machine? (my current suspicion)

I use the pinball leveler app, it's pretty good.

#8571 1 year ago

Something like this

10-Inch Digital Torpedo Level and Protractor | Neodymium Magnets | Bright LED Display | V-GROOVE MAGNETIC BASE | IP54 Dust/Water Resistant smart level with Carrying Bag https://a.co/d/cjSTEiN

Quoted from Polypin:

Hi Guys,

#8572 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

Hi Guys,

Bubble level is garbage. Get a digital level. Phone apps are not great either.

#8573 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

Hi Guys,

Here's the digital one I got, and it works like a charm!

https://www.amazon.com/Inclinometer-RISEPRO-Protractor-Backlight-82413B/dp/B01H1S121Y/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

#8574 1 year ago

Finally made it to the billion club!!!

C7FA53E8-8B60-4EAC-B77F-7FA209999952 (resized).jpegC7FA53E8-8B60-4EAC-B77F-7FA209999952 (resized).jpeg
#8575 1 year ago

If anyone wants help changing any of the music on their LZ, Pinball Browser now works on the latest 1.17 code. Can customize to change any song of your choice. Will also change the British accent announcement of the song name and on screen song name. Price will depend on what you want done. PM if you have a project in mind. Thanks.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8576 1 year ago

6.5 of it came on a 186x Icarus multiplier.

How did you get Icarus that high? My best is like a tenth of that.

#8577 1 year ago
Quoted from TraitMocks:

6.5 of it came on a 186x Icarus multiplier.

186x is incredible. How did you do it? My best is like a tenth of that.

#8578 1 year ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

186x is incredible. How did you do it? My best is like a tenth of that.

Wish I could tell you exactly how. For me, the Icarus x is directly related to how many times the crossover ramp is hit. Believe hitting the ramp adds time which allows you to run up the multiplier. Try to have a MB going while the timer counts down so there are more balls bouncing off the targets. And hit the crossover ramp during the mayhem if you can to add more time to the countdown.

Will write getting the Icarus x up there is fun, but make sure you cash it out when it gets late in the game. Have left a 500 plus Ick x on the board. Last Saturday I set my new Zeppelin Master record, 16, ran the Ick x up to 385 and scored under a billion because I didn’t cash it out. Hope this helps.

#8579 1 year ago
Quoted from TraitMocks:

Wish I could tell you exactly how. For me, the Icarus x is directly related to how many times the crossover ramp is hit. Believe hitting the ramp adds time which allows you to run up the multiplier. Try to have a MB going while the timer counts down so there are more balls bouncing off the targets. And hit the crossover ramp during the mayhem if you can to add more time to the countdown.
Will write getting the Icarus x up there is fun, but make sure you cash it out when it gets late in the game. Have left a 500 plus Ick x on the board. Last Saturday I set my new Zeppelin Master record, 16, ran the Ick x up to 385 and scored under a billion because I didn’t cash it out. Hope this helps.

It's really hard to avoid hitting it during multiball. I'll focus more on the crossover ramp next time I play. I have a pro, bricks off it are pretty drainy but if that's what it takes then so be it. Icarus is definitely the key to this game. I haven't broken a billion despite getting to mothership and world tour on the same ball. Tonight I got through mothership and only put up around 500m. I'm definitely not playing the game the right way.

#8580 1 year ago

This may have been covered before, but I noticed today that the crossover/upper flipper ramp shot on mine had the right wall sitting slightly in front of the lane guide leading to it. Basically, the guide was leading the ball to smack the edge of the ramp wall, definitely contributing to rejects. Pick is after adjustment, should have taken a before but didn't think to.

So, I managed to move the lane guide in a bit to line it up with the ramp. Filled the screw hole closest to the wall with toothpicks, didn't have to drill a new hole but I think that gave it enough support to screw it in a bit farther forward and hold the wall in place. Loosened the ramp to shift it a bit too, but not much play there either, so probably not relevant.

At any rate, something worth looking at if you're having issues with ramp rejects. Mine was knocking back shots quite often.

PXL_20230125_034503194 (resized).jpgPXL_20230125_034503194 (resized).jpg

#8581 1 year ago

Time to follow this thread. I just picked up a pro and am really enjoying it so far. The expression lights are truly amazing, spent alot of time just in the dj mixer admiring the lightshow they put on

#8582 1 year ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Time to follow this thread. I just picked up a pro and am really enjoying it so far. The expression lights are truly amazing, spent alot of time just in the dj mixer admiring the lightshow they put on

Glad I installed the expression lights in mine

#8583 1 year ago

I set mine to factory defaults when I got it and am wondering how to light extra balls? Ive only lit it once so far by completing two tours. How else can you qualify eb’s?

#8584 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

This may have been covered before, but I noticed today that the crossover/upper flipper ramp shot on mine had the right wall sitting slightly in front of the lane guide leading to it. Basically, the guide was leading the ball to smack the edge of the ramp wall, definitely contributing to rejects. Pick is after adjustment, should have taken a before but didn't think to.
So, I managed to move the lane guide in a bit to line it up with the ramp. Filled the screw hole closest to the wall with toothpicks, didn't have to drill a new hole but I think that gave it enough support to screw it in a bit farther forward and hold the wall in place. Loosened the ramp to shift it a bit too, but not much play there either, so probably not relevant.
At any rate, something worth looking at if you're having issues with ramp rejects. Mine was knocking back shots quite often.
[quoted image]

Follow up - this actually made a HUGE difference in this shot. Before I was getting a lot of rejects, but figured I just wasn't hitting it clean enough. Now, if it gets to the ramp it goes up the ramp almost every time. No idea if this is a common thing, or just my machine, but worth looking at if you feel like you're getting rejected when you shouldn't be.

#8585 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Follow up - this actually made a HUGE difference in this shot. Before I was getting a lot of rejects, but figured I just wasn't hitting it clean enough. Now, if it gets to the ramp it goes up the ramp almost every time. No idea if this is a common thing, or just my machine, but worth looking at if you feel like you're getting rejected when you shouldn't be.

I appreciate you posting your experience and approach to address. I do think it is a common build alignment, I've seen it on my machine and another at an arcade. Based on your experience, I'll get likely try to adjust my own as well next time I'm working on the machine. Thanks for pointing it out and documenting it.

#8586 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

I appreciate you posting your experience and approach to address. I do think it is a common build alignment, I've seen it on my machine and another at an arcade. Based on your experience, I'll get likely try to adjust my own as well next time I'm working on the machine. Thanks for pointing it out and documenting it.

Let me know what you think. I'm always hesitant to ascribe too much to my N of 1 experiences, but after 5-10 games I honestly felt the diff was pretty dramatic. Definite seems rational though. I bent the wire rails above slightly down as described in one of the key posts while I was at it too.

#8587 1 year ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I set mine to factory defaults when I got it and am wondering how to light extra balls? Ive only lit it once so far by completing two tours. How else can you qualify eb’s?

5 Extra Balls are available on default settings, and can be collected at the left eject after:

Collecting 5 gold records during a song mode
Completing 4 songs
Starting 2 Tour Multiballs
Scoring 8 Zeppelin Awards
Collecting 5 City Jackpots during World Tour Multiball

If disabled, extra balls score 10M but can be multiplied by the playfield multiplier!

#8588 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

5 Extra Balls are available on default settings, and can be collected at the left eject after:
Collecting 5 gold records during a song mode
Completing 4 songs
Starting 2 Tour Multiballs
Scoring 8 Zeppelin Awards
Collecting 5 City Jackpots during World Tour Multiball
If disabled, extra balls score 10M but can be multiplied by the playfield multiplier!

I know this is what it says on tilt forum but it's not correct, perhaps it is from previous code and hasn't been updated. I am fairly certain the first two extra balls are finish 2 songs and start 2 tour multiballs. I'll need to pay closer attention to figure out beyond that.

#8589 1 year ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

I know this is what it says on tilt forum but it's not correct, perhaps it is from previous code and hasn't been updated. I am fairly certain the first two extra balls are finish 2 songs and start 2 tour multiballs. I'll need to pay closer attention to figure out beyond that.

Default settings is complete 4 songs for extra ball

Start 2 tour multiballs.
The gold records extra ball by default now is dynamic by default, I think it starts at 4, but varies if you're doing well, or you can go into settings and set it to a specific number of records, also, the number of gold records can span songs for the extra ball.

#8590 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

The manual calls for 1.75" ring. I use a 2" ring. Mine broke twice. I ended up putting two post rings on to try to prevent more breakage. The ball must be slamming into the ring directly on the post.
[quoted image]

Use a flipper rubber. It works great.

#8591 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

[quoted image]

This is how I fixed it on mine too. If the ball hits the 180's edge, then it rattles back and forth and doesn't make it up (momentum lost).

#8592 1 year ago

Does anyone have a translite they aren't using anymore that they want to give away or sell? Let me know.

Thanks!

#8593 1 year ago
Quoted from judremy:

Does anyone have a translite they aren't using anymore that they want to give away or sell? Let me know.
Thanks!

Version? Or any?

#8594 1 year ago

Made it to the club. I got to mothership and world tour. Starting with ramps tour has made progress through the tours easier. I used to start with orbits.

20230130_132627 (resized).jpg20230130_132627 (resized).jpg
#8595 1 year ago

For some reason when I plunge the ball manually the ball doesn't travel far. It's almost like the shooter rod is slightly hitting the auto-plunge mech. Auto plunge seems to be working fine on its own.

Does anyone know what adjustment should be made? The shooter rod seems fine if take out the play field.

#8596 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

For some reason when I plunge the ball manually the ball doesn't travel far. It's almost like the shooter rod is slightly hitting the auto-plunge mech. Auto plunge seems to be working fine on its own.
Does anyone know what adjustment should be made? The shooter rod seems fine if take out the play field.

I've had this issue in reverse on a different machine. The auto plunge and the shooter rod tip need to line up exactly or you will have either a weak auto plunge or a weak manual plunge.

#8597 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I just had that issue on a Stern Playboy I'm shopping out, today.

You figured out the problem. So figure out a solution. Mine was to get out the pliers and bend the the metal arms on the auto plunger slightly to make more room for the plunger. It worked.

Just make slight adjustments, and keep in mind, fucking with them may also alter the effectiveness of the auto plunger. But just start messing around with it.

#8598 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

This is typically a result of the rear of the autoplunger and shooter rod rubbing slightly against each other--even just the C-clip on the shooter rod may be rubbing. There is no one solution. Some bend the autoplunger arms a bit as Levi suggested; some add washers to the housing around the shooter rod or cut the shooter rod spring a bit to shorten it. A non-invasive experimental fix is to create a spacer by attaching something thick that is sticky on one side (say, a command strip or a thick tape such as that used under side rails) to the underside of the metal assembly so that the nylon portion of the plunger rests against this spacer instead of the metal (see image below). This added spacer, which can easily be removed, can raise the rear of the autoplunger just enough that it no longer rubs against the shooter rod, and both the autoplunger and shooter still do their jobs effectively. This issue and approach are not specific to LZ, but can be applied to any game.

Good luck!

autoplunger.pngautoplunger.png

#8599 1 year ago

Flipper-fade resolved on the cheap. $7.99

IMG-0606 (resized).jpgIMG-0606 (resized).jpg

Just realized it looks as if it's not pointing at the flipper-coil, but I assure you it's blasting it.

#8600 1 year ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Made it to the club. I got to mothership and world tour. Starting with ramps tour has made progress through the tours easier. I used to start with orbits.
[quoted image]

Yeah, love starting with ramps too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,618 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/172 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.