IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 191.
#8201 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m picking up a used pro LZ and will be installing the expression light kit. Do I have to take the playfield out for that install?

The demo video by Tim Sexton shows the playfield removed, and I found when I installed my lights that it was definitely worth removing the playfield and having two people on hand to do it. You could probably accomplish the installation without removing the playfield, but because of the nature of the recessed lights, the number of screws involved and gaining easy access to all of them, and putting on the decals, removing the playfield is worth it, IMO.

#8202 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

You can't buy online for a part like that - they're saying call your distributor, who *can* do exactly what you're trying to do which is to get a specific part for a game that's not available anywhere else.

I get that but it’ll take likely take months as usual, which is silly.

#8203 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I did a search but didn't find it. Has anyone else had a problem with their electric magic spinner opto? Mine only works intermittently. If I do a switch test and "jiggle" the R side clear LED opto for the spinner switch then it will work but it seems to stop after a couple mis-hits to the magic frame. A jiggle and it works again temporarily.
Admittedly this might mean the whole board is loose but I took it apart and checked the plug in which was fine. I freed up some slack on the wire thinking that was it but that didn't do it either. It all seems to come back to the clear LED on the board. I also can't seem to find that opto on any parts site.

I'm in the waiting line for this part as well through my distributor, about 2 weeks in. I temporarily fixed it with putting a little bit of gel glue to stabilize the LED. The problem seems to happen after a hard ball strike to the bottom 2 R side posts for the electric magic spinner. I think the ball is able to impact the circuit board slightly which is enough to loosen the LED and make it unresponsive.

#8204 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m picking up a used pro LZ and will be installing the expression light kit. Do I have to take the playfield out for that install?

Yes

#8205 1 year ago
220131_r39778_rd (resized).jpg220131_r39778_rd (resized).jpg
#8206 1 year ago

The angel next to the ramp does not raise or lower when the ball hits it. Has anyone have this issue? I looked under the playfield and it does not seem to be attached to any mechanical part. Not sure mine is not working??????

#8207 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

The angel next to the ramp does not raise or lower when the ball hits it. Has anyone have this issue? I looked under the playfield and it does not seem to be attached to any mechanical part. Not sure mine is not working??????

I had this problem, and there are a few early posts about lubing it, grinding it down, etc. They're all wrong. There are screws holding the bracket in place that I think you access from the top of the playfield (and perhaps even another one underneath...it's been a while so I don't really remember). Loosen the screw and readjust the bracket so it moves freely, then retighten. It really is that simple (at least it was for me)...it's just not an obvious fix.

#8208 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

The lights wouldn't be a problem at all with the playfield in, but the kit comes with art blades too so taking it out is the way to go

#8209 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

This took a while for me to dial in. The metal piece the ball hits tilts causing the angel to rise. Is it moving up and down freely when you lift it manually?

#8210 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

This took a while for me to dial in. The metal piece the ball hits tilts causing the angel to rise. Is it moving up and down freely when you lift it manually?

No it was not moving freely at all. I was able to unscrew it from the bottom of the playfield and align it correctly. Took about 5 tries but it works fine now.

#8211 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

No it was not moving freely at all. I was able to unscrew it from the bottom of the playfield and align it correctly. Took about 5 tries but it works fine now.

Nice. The other thing I have to check regularly is the screw at the bottom kept coming loose. If he hits the glass he will break. I put some loctite on it.

#8212 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Nice. The other thing I have to check regularly is the screw at the bottom kept coming loose. If he hits the glass he will break. I put some loctite on it.

Mine too. I used a small piece of plastic as a plug and screwed into that works pretty well but I do have to tighten it on occasion

#8213 1 year ago

Apologies if this is previously addressed.
I’m aware that there were some issues with the EM design at launch.
Was this ultimately a design or assembly issue that was corrected?
Would a new run game reasonably be expected to have those issues addressed?

#8214 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

As far as I know, it was fixed with software. The EM only moves up/down when the ball is in the back of the machine now so it can’t be hit when it’s half way down.

#8215 1 year ago

Got my pro all setup and ready for location. Really like the Expression light kit

8CFE29C8-E3A4-47CA-8E74-E657871C6006 (resized).jpeg8CFE29C8-E3A4-47CA-8E74-E657871C6006 (resized).jpeg
#8216 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

Got my pro all setup and ready for location. Really like the Expression light kit
[quoted image]

Love the lights in this game.

#8217 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Lights make the game pop. Stern seems to have dropped the ball on the Rush light kits unfortunately.

#8218 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Apologies if this is previously addressed.
I’m aware that there were some issues with the EM design at launch.
Would a new run game reasonably be expected to have those issues addressed?

The spinner itself was also re-designed. There is a kit you can put in, but the newer runs already have that installed. I received the kit but never installed it since my original spinner works great.

#8219 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The spinner itself was also re-designed. There is a kit you can put in, but the newer runs already have that installed. I received the kit but never installed it since my original spinner works great.

How can I tell which version I have?

#8220 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies. I played a premium from the recent run yesterday and it was very smooth. The EM worked great.

#8221 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Stern: fix the ball missing in the EM mech please. Super easy software fix this issue is fucking up location play.

It's not a "super easy software fix," they tried that and it didn't work. Game just got more confused.

There's a switch in there and the game needs to know the ball is in there.

My suggestion - lube the spinner, make sure the EM mech floor is clean, and maybe make the game a little steeper. From what I gather, the issue is the ball gets hung up on the spinner and gets stuck there, and doesn't fall to the bottom switch which tells the game that the ball is in there.

Again, I don't know what you think a "software fix" would accomplish. Just start multiball whether or not the ball is detected? That could lead to other problems.

Try the stuff I said, it fixed mine.

#8222 1 year ago

When did they try to fix it in software?

If the EM lock has been triggered, mech detected as down and no other switches are detected for 3-5 seconds what is it going to mess up exactly by serving the ball instead of starting ball search?

It wouldn't be a stuck ball inbetween the EM and housing as the mech is detected fully down. It wouldn't be a ball that didnt get captured and is live on the PF as no other switches are being recognized in the game. Are we going to suppose that it's a stucky ball that magically happened after the EM is hit, goes down, and no flipper buttons or playfield switches were activated? Ok, serve up the EM ball and continue on as normal. If it WAS a magic stucky ball do you ball search at the end of EM multiball as you would anyways and the player doesn't lose his multiball or chance to add a ball. 99.9% of the time This would have the game functioning as intended.

I know you're tight with the programmer I can take a whack at flowcharting some of the BKSoR bugs that have been floating around for ages if he wants

This is all in good fun internet BS discussion, I'm just not seeing a way this couldn't be worked around. I was frustrated when I posted that as it's been a recurring hardware issue and it seems to me the above would be a workaround. The problem I'm having is that "fixing the spinner" is a moving target. You can get it set correctly and in another few weeks it'll slowly get its arms starting to move forward as spinners are like to do.

#8223 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

When did they try to fix it in software?

I believe A year or so ago they released a "fix" and it didn't work. Just made things worse, and another code rev. was quickly released.

I'm pretty sure this was a publicly released code. Don't have the time to pore through the thread to find it.

In the meantime, try the stuff I suggested! It fixed the issue for me. My spinner been flawless for a year.

#8224 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

How can I tell which version I have?

The original spinner has 90 degree bends in the arms, and the revised one has 135 degree bends.

#8225 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

The original spinner has 90 degree bends in the arms, and the revised one has 135 degree bends.

Can anyone with a confirmed new style spinner take a pic for comparisons? Thanks

#8226 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Can anyone with a confirmed new style spinner take a pic for comparisons? Thanks

Dig Around it’s in this thread!!

For me the spinner broke on my second game. I did the “flip” and it’s worked great ever since. I too have the “new kit” but have never installed it. I’m a big ain’t broke don’t fix it guy.

#8229 1 year ago

Thanks a bunch. I'll have to confirm which one my Zep has. I had previously seen the posts on bending the spinner but was unaware of a kit that actually changed the angle of the spinners.

I'm still waiting on my new opto board so right now Electric Magic is turned off...

#8231 1 year ago

Just finished some LZ Pro mod upgrades. Highly recommend Ninja Camps light mod. I build custom toppers for all my games.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9wemxaf9gd69pa/LZ%20Pro%20Mods.mov?dl=0

1 week later
#8232 1 year ago

Unexpectedly left the club yesterday. Zep Pro is one of the 4 games I brought for freeplay to the York, PA show. Late Friday I put up a for sale sign with a "pry it from my hands" price. On Saturday someone bought it.

I'll say to anyone reading this that hasn't yet played a Led Zep, give it a chance and you'll be very, very pleased. It sure surprised my friends on pinball hangout nights and became a favorite.

Note - In my opinion, you NEED the expression lights installed. If not, then I'd pass unless they are available to purchase. The lights just bring THAT much more to the game.

It was by far the most played game at our two show booths. Always being played and very much enjoyed. The show organizers even made it the sole game of the open women's tournament, which was really fun. I spotted a dad with two young daughters, under 10 I'd guess, playing Godzilla over at Cointaker. I let him know about the tournament (just stand in line and wait your turn, one ball per player). Saw them go over when they finished their game and looked like the kids had fun.

#8233 1 year ago

Absolutely beautiful!!

7FABF6F3-C485-47FF-A729-9F22B6F86D3F (resized).jpeg7FABF6F3-C485-47FF-A729-9F22B6F86D3F (resized).jpeg0483104B-4DEA-4830-80F6-BD9CB547DDED (resized).jpeg0483104B-4DEA-4830-80F6-BD9CB547DDED (resized).jpeg15F254B0-0421-4E17-B70D-13BFEA1021DB (resized).jpeg15F254B0-0421-4E17-B70D-13BFEA1021DB (resized).jpeg
#8234 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Absolutely beautiful!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Been waiting to see one of these properly painted up looks awesome!! The glossy has to look great with the lighting

#8235 1 year ago

If a Pro owner needs the full Stern package (new slingshot and outlane plastics ,sealed) and sealed manuals, documentation - $75 shipped.

Have a routed or pre-owned Pro without all that? Then here you go.

#8236 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll say to anyone reading this that hasn't yet played a Led Zep, give it a chance and you'll be very, very pleased...
...In my opinion, you NEED the expression lights installed. If not, then I'd pass unless they are available to purchase. The lights just bring THAT much more to the game.

Agreed X2!

#8237 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Absolutely beautiful!!

Wow! That looks awesome.
Where and how did you get this?

#8238 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Unexpectedly left the club yesterday. Zep Pro is one of the 4 games I brought for freeplay to the York, PA show. Late Friday I put up a for sale sign with a "pry it from my hands" price. On Saturday someone bought it.
I'll say to anyone reading this that hasn't yet played a Led Zep, give it a chance and you'll be very, very pleased. It sure surprised my friends on pinball hangout nights and became a favorite.
Note - In my opinion, you NEED the expression lights installed. If not, then I'd pass unless they are available to purchase. The lights just bring THAT much more to the game.
It was by far the most played game at our two show booths. Always being played and very much enjoyed. The show organizers even made it the sole game of the open women's tournament, which was really fun. I spotted a dad with two young daughters, under 10 I'd guess, playing Godzilla over at Cointaker. I let him know about the tournament (just stand in line and wait your turn, one ball per player). Saw them go over when they finished their game and looked like the kids had fun.

Expression lights make the game for sure. First thing people notice on my machine.

#8239 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wow! That looks awesome.
Where and how did you get this?

I noticed the package post in the back of the picture seems to indicate it was done somewhere in Brazil.

#8240 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

I noticed the package post in the back of the picture seems to indicate it was done somewhere in Brazil.

I saw that to with some zooming in.

#8241 1 year ago

Yes from Brazil “Gigante” I believe he made 15. Super cool dude. We went back and forth as he rarely ships to US and getting payment to him etc… but I really dig it !!

#8242 1 year ago

So far (almost 3 years) I have only 1 regret in this hobby .It’s not that I sold our DPprem , it’s not that I sold a completely loaded WOZRR way too early ,It’s not that We drove to NJ to pick up a routed Family Guy ,and it’s not that I took a low ball on my first pin (a MET pro )not knowing what I do now .My only regret is selling our LZprem . One of the best shooting , best coded pins ever made One day …….

#8243 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So far (almost 3 years) I have only 1 regret in this hobby .It’s not that I sold our DPprem , it’s not that I sold a completely loaded WOZRR way too early ,It’s not that We drove to NJ to pick up a routed Family Guy ,and it’s not that I took a low ball on my first pin (a MET pro )not knowing what I do now .My only regret is selling our LZprem . One of the best shooting , best coded pins ever made One day …….

If you care to share, WHY did you sell it?

#8244 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Absolutely beautiful!!

Wow..someone selling these?

#8245 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Yes from Brazil “Gigante”

do you have contact information for him? And what was the cost if you don’t mind me asking?

Thanks
Ed

#8246 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

do you have contact information for him? And what was the cost if you don’t mind me asking?
Thanks
Ed

Ya, depending on price, I would buy one right now.

#8247 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

I had a opportunity to get a loaded MET prem and something had to go .My kids didn’t like LZ said there wasn’t much to do haha (they’re young ) I think we had DP prem (kids favorite at the time ) IMDN prem (I’ll never sell it ) n GnR LE at the time (was still in the honeymoon phase but did offer it before LZ but guy had one ).

#8248 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

LZ taught me 3 things .1) never look to pinside for advice on a game 2) A pin doesn’t need “toys “ to be great 3) Those 2 young dudes coding are going to do great things

#8249 1 year ago

I’ll own one again down the road .No doubt about it .

#8250 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

LZ taught me 3 things .1) never look to pinside for advice on a game 2) A pin doesn’t need “toys “ to be great 3) Those 2 young dudes coding are going to do great things

You're right on everything but the first one. I've found if Pinside trashes a game upon release, it's usually destined for greatness. Worked for me with STh, LZ, GOT, and SW. All four are great games, and most of those have hardly any toys on them. Good call, buddy!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Dyer, IN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 65.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 49.99
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions
Plastics
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/165 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.