20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,626 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 193.
#7951 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Ah! Did not realize this.
You are correct on all and then it does sound like my idea was a terrible one.

Its still a good idea if you just have it on a seperate SD card so you just change back and forth .like the Beatles music upgrades

#7952 1 year ago

Ah! Did not realize this.
You are correct on all and then it does sound like my idea was a terrible one.

Nah...not a terrible idea. It is just that this one doesn't act like most music pins where swapping songs does not have any ramifications to the code behavior. I think if more people realized how this game works, it would get more appreciation.

I know at first it seemed really weird to me that the music doesn't change for multiballs or even wizard modes, but once I understood the logic, I fell in love with it. It is so underrated that it isn't even funny. We clamor for innovation, but when we get it we fail to recognize it or just write it off as weird. (none of this directed at you by the way...just in general!)

#7953 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Gate issue solved. Elegantly, I'd like to think.
Simple: In order of pics. Mark it. Score it. Take off bracket (unless your meathooks are tiny or you're in the mood to lose a clip to the pinball abyss.) Reinstall bracket which gives you a chance to true it up to NOT hit the ball guide. Profit.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Have to keep this in the back of my head. No issues so far but just in case... well done!

#7954 1 year ago

My Led Zeppelin Pro with mothership mod!

381B0885-048B-433D-8D25-B1EAA79F390E (resized).jpeg381B0885-048B-433D-8D25-B1EAA79F390E (resized).jpeg

6ECD58B6-120D-42E4-930F-5BA6E4EA0A0A (resized).jpeg6ECD58B6-120D-42E4-930F-5BA6E4EA0A0A (resized).jpegA33B2B69-C028-4B54-B355-0817B0BE8254 (resized).jpegA33B2B69-C028-4B54-B355-0817B0BE8254 (resized).jpeg
#7955 1 year ago

Looks so much better!

Well done sir.

#7956 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Simple: In order of pics. Mark it. Score it. Take off bracket (unless your meathooks are tiny or you're in the mood to lose a clip to the pinball abyss.) Reinstall bracket which gives you a chance to true it up to NOT hit the ball guide. Profit.

Nice - best solution I've seen.

#7957 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

What size... 1/8?

#7958 1 year ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

What size... 1/8?

Smallest in the pack. I believe 1/16th

#7959 1 year ago

Electric magic spinner popped off. Do I need a new one?

7C9DCCF9-8DA9-485D-B2FE-64C2E98D0B13 (resized).jpeg7C9DCCF9-8DA9-485D-B2FE-64C2E98D0B13 (resized).jpeg
#7960 1 year ago

no .bend the arms back

#7961 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Electric magic spinner popped off. Do I need a new one?
[quoted image]

go to key posts top of page,see spinner fix

#7962 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

go to key posts top of page,see spinner fix

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7963 1 year ago
Quoted from VARESQUI:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that's awesome. Where did you get that?

#7964 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

Thanks, I bent it previously but I guess it didn’t take.

#7965 1 year ago
Quoted from VARESQUI:

[quoted image]

I want one!

#7966 1 year ago

My Led Zeppelin and Rush speaker panels arrived this evening and I think they look fantastic. Deadpool and Godzilla are here on a temporary trade otherwise they would be on those.

0B847D22-9DA0-4467-BD56-3968FFB7D6F5 (resized).jpeg0B847D22-9DA0-4467-BD56-3968FFB7D6F5 (resized).jpeg33B7485A-0AE0-48C6-AF77-DB9D5958BC12 (resized).jpeg33B7485A-0AE0-48C6-AF77-DB9D5958BC12 (resized).jpeg6FC49CDF-A165-4A8E-9A53-4E27C856F165 (resized).jpeg6FC49CDF-A165-4A8E-9A53-4E27C856F165 (resized).jpegA1E30F79-9A34-4DED-877C-37765C7A3028 (resized).jpegA1E30F79-9A34-4DED-877C-37765C7A3028 (resized).jpegB8D65FAB-0E8E-43A9-86F5-108A67AEFDCE (resized).jpegB8D65FAB-0E8E-43A9-86F5-108A67AEFDCE (resized).jpeg
#7967 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

the rubber behind the zep (rotating it to not break,)

Is this the only solution? I even put a flipper rubber there for kicks- lasted 6 months but still broke. Is it breaking from the target bank hitting the rubber?

#7968 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

Wow, that's awesome. Where did you get that?

was from a Brazilian artist who makes mods and restores playfields.
https://instagram.com/mauricio_gigante?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

#7969 1 year ago

https://instagram.com/mauricio_gigante?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
this is the instagram of whoever made the mothership

#7970 1 year ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Is this the only solution? I even put a flipper rubber there for kicks- lasted 6 months but still broke. Is it breaking from the target bank hitting the rubber?

My machine was new, and it immediately broke. Stern sent me at least 6 more. They know I assume you can get a better polymer, but I haven't needed to revert to this just yet with a bit of maintenance.

#7971 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

My machine was new, and it immediately broke. Stern sent me at least 6 more. They know I assume you can get a better polymer, but I haven't needed to revert to this just yet with a bit of maintenance.

just got my LZ today, really pumped about flipping it.

What is it that I need to look out for? the machine is not new, but only 600 plays.

#7972 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

6 months ago, they sent me two or three. I guess inflation . I’ll try the rotation.

just got my LZ today, really pumped about flipping it.
What is it that I need to look out for? the machine is not new, but only 600 plays.

The band behind the ZEP targets. It goes around 3 or 4 pegs and will break every few months. I tried a flipper rubber- thought it might be the pop bumper. Seems it broke by the right post..

A4659A5B-472C-4CB9-96F2-315852D74499 (resized).jpegA4659A5B-472C-4CB9-96F2-315852D74499 (resized).jpeg
#7973 1 year ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

6 months ago, they sent me two or three. I guess inflation . I’ll try the rotation.

The band behind the ZEP targets. It goes around 3 or 4 pegs and will break every few months. I tried a flipper rubber- thought it might be the pop bumper. Seems it broke by the right post..
[quoted image]

oh I see what you mean. I have seen guys in the Alien thread fixing a similar issue by adding a post sleeve to the post, They cut out the sleeve in half to allow space for the band to fit normally and by having the sleeve protecting the band, it no longer breaks.

I am settinng mine up and I will try to add this before I start playing it but yes, if it is a design flaw like this, it can easily be fixed with the mod stated above.

#7974 1 year ago

oh I see what I mean. I have seen guy in the Alien thread fixing a similar issue by adding a post sleeve to the post, They basically but the sleeve in half to allow space for the band to fit and by having the sleeve protecting the band, it no longer breaks.
I am seeing mine up and I will try to add this before I start playing it but yes, if it is a design flaw like this, it can easily be fixe with the mod stated above.

sounds worth looking into

#7975 1 year ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

[quoted image]

I'll have to watch this - didn't know about this issue

#7976 1 year ago

My game has 600 plays and the band is like new. Is it expected to fail after certain amount of plays?

Can you post a pic of the band after it fails? I suspect it is not the impact of the ball but the actual drop down targets that are causing the issue.

The same happens to Stranger Things, the sleeves behind the drop down targets where the screen in get chewed up by the pointy back of the drop down target.

It could also be ball impact, but it really depends. If someone shows me what the band looks like after failing I might be able to tell.

#7977 1 year ago

Mine didnt break until after 500 plays so im good.

#7978 1 year ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

It’s just a hard/fast shot into that rubber and puts a lot of wear on it. I put a clear superband on mine and it’s lasted a long time so far.

#7979 1 year ago

My game has 600 plays and the band is like new. Is it expected to fail after certain amount of plays?
Can you post a pic of the band after it fails? I suspect it is not the impact of the ball but the actual drop down targets that are causing the issue.
The same happens to Stranger Things, the sleeves behind the drop down targets where the screen in get chewed up by the pointy back of the drop down target.
It could also be ball impact, but it really depends. If someone shows me what the band looks like after failing I might be able to tell.

If you look near the ramp, the rubber is the only thing that takes the hit so it snaps there. Doesn't take long if you are an 'almost got it' player like myself I see they used a flipper rubber?? Not a bad idea as I assume they were out of a rubber on-site and needed a quick fix, or they wanted to try a different material. Either way it snapped. Just needs to be rotated every so often. 600 plays? You sure? I see that ramp back there...BUT...this machine gets super beat super fast. Keep an eye on the balls...use Ninjas...change every 2-300 plays and there's less worry. Use at least Novus 1 if not a carnauba wax. Just care for the dang thing and it'll treat you well. I'm beating a dead horse tho...but this is the MOST maintained machine I've ever had to be right.

#7980 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

If you look near the ramp, the rubber is the only thing that takes the hit so it snaps there. Doesn't take long if you are an 'almost got it' player like myself I see they used a flipper rubber?? Not a bad idea as I assume they were out of a rubber on-site and needed a quick fix, or they wanted to try a different material. Either way it snapped. Just needs to be rotated every so often. 600 plays? You sure? I see that ramp back there...BUT...this machine gets super beat super fast. Keep an eye on the balls...use Ninjas...change every 2-300 plays and there's less worry. Use at least Novus 1 if not a carnauba wax. Just care for the dang thing and it'll treat you well. I'm beating a dead horse tho...but this is the MOST maintained machine I've ever had to be right.

oh you just opened a can of worms there. Novus 1 and wax are two different things. lol
Let me warn you guys, I am a 'paint' nerd and know a thing or two lol about polishing.

#7981 1 year ago

It is mostly unmarked except where a bad shot on the right ramp when P is down would bang that post. I’ll try that sleeve-post mod. Thanks

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7982 1 year ago

oh you just opened a can of worms there. Novus 1 and wax are two different things. lol
Let me warn you guys, I am a 'paint' nerd and know a thing or two lol about polishing.

If you're up her skirt as much as I am, Novus works well. P21s for the every few hundred balls.

#7983 1 year ago

My rubber behind the drop targets breaks like every 2 weeks (Titans). I've got a bunch of extras for this issue. For awhile I put on a slightly larger rubber and it lasted about 6 months, but I could hear the ball making contact with the metal post behind the drops due to the rubber having too much give, which I feel like could cause more damage over time then having to replace a rubber every few weeks. The rubber to the left of the middle ramp also broke a lot and replaced that with a super band instead of a Titan and haven't had any issues. I think using a super band behind the drops will probably decrease the frequency of breaks, but I haven't been able to locate a super band in that specific length (don't remember the length since I am at the office right now and don't feel like looking it up).

#7984 1 year ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

My rubber behind the drop targets breaks like every 2 weeks (Titans). I've got a bunch of extras for this issue. For awhile I put on a slightly larger rubber and it lasted about 6 months, but I could hear the ball making contact with the metal post behind the drops due to the rubber having too much give, which I feel like could cause more damage over time then having to replace a rubber every few weeks. The rubber to the left of the middle ramp also broke a lot and replaced that with a super band instead of a Titan and haven't had any issues. I think using a super band behind the drops will probably decrease the frequency of breaks, but I haven't been able to locate a super band in that specific length (don't remember the length since I am at the office right now and don't feel like looking it up).

I switched to super bands for just behind the drops and they have help up for at least 6months so far with no signs of tearing. I ordered through Marco.

#7985 1 year ago

Put a colored post over the posts on the left and right. Then put your new ring on. Mine has been done ever since.

Quoted from Trogdor:

[quoted image]

#7986 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I switched to super bands for just behind the drops and they have help up for at least 6months so far with no signs of tearing. I ordered through Marco.

This is correct. Perfect Play from Pinball Life also seem to hold up well back there.

#7987 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

If you're up her skirt as much as I am, Novus works well. P21s for the every few hundred balls.

nerd rambling alert! read at your own risk

just for arguments sake Novus 1 is a cleaner/polisher finer than Novus 2, it leaves a residue on surfaces after it is applied that does not last long. It is designed for removing scratches and residue off plastic after Novus 2, Novus is a polishing cream for plastics system that applies in steps. Novus 1-2-3 is a step process and they are often incorrectly used on pinball for whatever reason and misinformation.

If the goal in cleaning I would use something else. If the goal is protecting I would also use something else.
Novus 1 for cleaning is just as good as anything else. I use iso alcohol 99% mix and works just as good as naphtha.

#7988 1 year ago

The best thing I’ve found for pinball cleaning is Klasse All-In-One. Non-abrasive, gentler than Novus 2, and works well on rubber too. This size will last you 5 years:

8FE516D4-C1AE-4B18-ABAF-D3E401861A6B (resized).jpeg8FE516D4-C1AE-4B18-ABAF-D3E401861A6B (resized).jpeg
#7989 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

The rubber that goes behind the drops is 1 and 3/4" correct? I cannot find that in super bands anywhere.

#7990 1 year ago
Quoted from VARESQUI:

[quoted image]

Amazing! Where can I get one for my LE?!

#7991 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My Led Zeppelin and Rush speaker panels arrived this evening and I think they look fantastic. Deadpool and Godzilla are here on a temporary trade otherwise they would be on those.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the speaker panels?

#7992 1 year ago

I've got them also. Try wizardmods.com

#7993 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The best thing I’ve found for pinball cleaning is Klasse All-In-One. Non-abrasive, gentler than Novus 2, and works well on rubber too. This size will last you 5 years:[quoted image]

It is car product.
Anything that polish something has to be abrasive to some degree. It might be minimal but it’s there!
I can go on a tangent here talking about paint but I won’t.
All I am going to say is: always the least abrasive path is the best.
If you have not learned how to buff clear coat with minimal impact (using a gauge to actually measure thickness of paint on substrate) then you don’t know how abrasive somehting is.

I would share my most recent work if you guys are open minded.

#7994 1 year ago

Do not know who needs to see this but here it goes!

I got my LZ this week. If you ever saw me posting on threads (i have seen some of you) so you know I post on threads Of machines I own -only- or I just ordered ans waitint delivery of.

I was there when owned Stthings, IJ, T2 and the other Sterns/Williams when I had them.

I am new here so bare with me! Really enjoying LZ!!!

People who hate this machine either are obnoxiously repeating what others say or know little about pinball. Lz is without a doubt a gem and a sleeper and a lot of haters will be eating their words in a couple of yesre when this machine’s price doubles (Tron anyone?).
Just make sure to tag this post when that happens!

So here is an unsolicited piece of tech advice…

Is your LZ throwing air balls when your magic spinner is up??

A quick adjustment to the microswitch is in order.

Depending if the motor is stoppint too soon or too late, the same switch must be adjusted accordingly

It is a 2 second job that will make your game play better.

The spinner myst be absolutely flush with the pf, if it is too high it will damage the spinner floor and worst will send airballs preventing the magnet to catch the ball.

Here is the switch in question:

While you are at it make sure the fork is also flush. You adjust that by adjusting the 2 set screws under the coil. Make sure they are perfectly flush when down.

Cheers!

62B20771-E7B9-48AF-ACAE-B64E9439755F (resized).jpeg62B20771-E7B9-48AF-ACAE-B64E9439755F (resized).jpeg

#7995 1 year ago

It is car product.

But so is Blitz 100 Grand…

All I am going to say is: always the least abrasive path is the best.

Any recommendations? I’ll stand by my statement that Klasse All-in-One is less abrasive than Novus 2, and it works great on CC’ed playfields.

#7996 1 year ago

The stock speaker in the cabinet of my Jurassic Park blew. Right before I was doing a temporary trade of course lol.

So I borrow the speaker from Led Zeppelin since I already have a sound bar and subwoofer connected to it. I picked up a pair of these mid range woofers on Amazon $40. Huge upgrade over the stock speaker for only $20. Way heavier and larger magnet and of course the cone is not paper.

I just soldered the speaker connector and soldered it onto the new speaker and the mounting holes lined up perfectly. Quick easy cheap upgrade. The other one is going in rush even though I have an external subwoofer and a receiver connected and external speakers mounted on the back box.
2C220BE3-3061-4742-8F54-E39843089FC2 (resized).jpeg2C220BE3-3061-4742-8F54-E39843089FC2 (resized).jpeg35C1C198-BA46-482E-9379-3F88553A6DDE (resized).jpeg35C1C198-BA46-482E-9379-3F88553A6DDE (resized).jpeg

#7997 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

But so is

But so is Blitz 100 Grand…

Any recommendations? I’ll stand by my statement that Klasse All-in-One is less abrasive than Novus 2, and it works great on CC’ed playfields.

yeah any car product is adequate for a pinball machine coated with the exact same product cars are.
Not sure why people insist on using the wrong chemical (novus).

Klasse is a polishing with a sealer.

The sealer on it might act like a wax. The point of sealer is to create a barrier so grime, bird droppings, dust, brake dust, etx do not attach to the paint.

I would apply it mechanically with a machine and not by hand (because nothing polish better than a machine if you truly want to keep your clearcoat scratch free and in good shape)

Do not fall for the marketing “it does not remove clear coat” that is just taunting the fact that it will not melt or permanently remove it, but klasse is a polisher.

It is a polishing cream with a sealer, that is what 2-1.

It is product designed for the people that want to polish their car every week. The sealer will not last very long and the polishing compound in it is very fine, therefore it will remove very little clear but so does any polishing cream if you use the proper pad.

It might be very efficient for Pinball!
I would just apply it with a machine

Not sure how long it lasts but if it works then great.

If it containe silicones it might be problematic if the pf needs to be recoated again.

I will personally stick to wax as it is easy to remove with alcohol, whereas a sealer is chemically binding until it wear off with time/eleMents/friction. The sealer in klauss might not be like the modern polymeric sealers so it might be removable with cleaning.

In the car world newer coatings exists that are based off some harsh chemicals that bond and cure as a thin film over the clear making it hydrophobic for 6-12 months.
Klasse is not that

#7998 1 year ago

#7999 1 year ago

Pin_Fandango i use the All-in-one purely as a cleaner, then I follow up with some kind of Carnuba. I don’t use a machine because I’m not a perfectionist. I just want to keep the clear protected. The All-In-One / Wax regime has worked great for my 2013 Metallica, it still looks nearly new after 5000+ plays.

#8000 1 year ago

Have Stern officially confirmed that LZ production will cease after next run?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Cloud, FL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,699 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,626 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/160 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.