20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,626 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 193.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Another game that gets a ton of hate really for no reason and it’s a flow monster with moving obstacle and good coding is the Stones. Swap a couple of tunes on PB and boom.
The more hate it gets the prouder I am to have my LE!
If you see it in the wild give it a shot .
Did I mention I can’t wait to get my LZ, I hope stern puts a photo out of them on the line today!

Very rare to find a Stones LE anywhere. If I found one in the wild I'd definitely play it. One of the greatest bands of all time. I used to play the regular Stones pin all the time at a local arcade and dug it. I'm just a rock n roll nut and can't pass up on the theme if it's a band I love. Hell, I don't like Iron Maiden but was still drawn to playing it. It's a great game too, just couldn't own it because I don't like their music.

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Exactly how I’m setting things up with my zeppelin
[quoted image]

just eyeballing it but think you have room for five... aerosmith or kiss maybe?

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Another game that gets a ton of hate really for no reason and it’s a flow monster with moving obstacle and good coding is the Stones. Swap a couple of tunes on PB and boom.
The more hate it gets the prouder I am to have my LE!
If you see it in the wild give it a shot .
Did I mention I can’t wait to get my LZ, I hope stern puts a photo out of them on the line today!

i've been eyeing a rolling stones for awhile now. maybe after LZ arrives ill bite the bullet on it.

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Beatles deserves a look too. It would add another dimension to that line up.

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Distributor called. My LE is ready to be shipped!!!! Just paid the balance.

Congrats, that's Awesome! Just curious.. did your distributor charge you the full 9200 or a better street price? and how about shipping since out of state? Less than 500?

#756 3 years ago

Just spoke with my dealer. Said Stern just started production very end of this week, won't ship till end of next week. Expect them sometime the week after. I have waited almost 4 months for my GnR. Thinking this week and a half of downtime will be easy peasy. Sorry I'm starting to Ramble On. Can't wait to see this blue trimmed beauty in action.

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

i've been eyeing a rolling stones for awhile now. maybe after LZ arrives ill bite the bullet on it.

If you can find a LE it’s worth the upgrade.

Chrome armor looks great, mirrored back glass looks great, PF magnets and outlane ball save post pretty unique too. LE has 1-2 extra tracks as well for a total of 13-14.

Fast and hard.

I’m hoping Deeproot has success as they are planning a proper The Who pin.

Can’t got wrong with the Beatles, Stones, LZ and The Who!

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from Prophoto24:

Just spoke with my dealer. Said Stern just started production very end of this week, won't ship till end of next week. Expect them sometime the week after. I have waited almost 4 months for my GnR. Thinking this week and a half of downtime will be easy peasy. Sorry I'm starting to Ramble On. Can't wait to see this blue trimmed beauty in action.

So in the last two days we have production started Monday, a customer who got notified the machine is ready to ship and now production started late this week.

I don’t think anyone has a clue with the production schedule.

#759 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

A fifth machine is going in. It will be Black Sabbath LE when it’s released in December

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

A fifth machine is going in. It will be Black Sabbath LE when it’s released in December

That would be great!

#761 3 years ago

Visited my local distributor today and they'd just set up a Pro LZ yesterday, I have a premium on order.

Sitting next to a half dozen or so other new Sterns the play field does seem very sparse. I didn't want to admit to that but it's unfortunately true. It did shoot well and the shots are fast and satisfying. I think I need to get the angles down on the flippers because I was having a hard time with the right ramp, and not hitting the dead end shot on the third flipper very well (I did manage a couple center ramp shots from the third flipper, it actually isn't very difficult). I'm hoping that the addition of the Electric Magic spinner and ramp from the third flipper will fill the game out more.

My newest pin is a Sopranos from 2005. I've read a lot of threads bashing newer Sterns complaining about play field quality. I see terms that I am unfamiliar with, one being pooling. Is that when there are little divots on the play field that I assume are from the ball striking it? I was a bit dismayed to see that this Pro I played that had just been set up yesterday appeared to have quite a few of these already. I'm buying the game anyway, wife loves LZ, and that's what's allowing another game in the house. I'm just curious, what is the negative affects from pooling (or whatever it is that I saw), is it just a cosmetic thing that bothers certain people, or is there something more sinister than that?

As with any pinball I've played for the first time it's hard to make an ultimate judgement after playing just a few games and not knowing any of the rules, I am certain I will enjoy it much more once I know what I should be doing. Hoping I might get good enough at some point to actually make it to the wizard modes.

IMG_0557 (resized).JPGIMG_0557 (resized).JPG
#762 3 years ago

Those are dimples, pooling is when the clear puddles and sometimes chips.

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Have you read the problems in gnr? Pooling, chipping, flippers falling off, record falling off, loose parts in cabinet. Latest is no wiring for topper and soundbar on the C.E games. Then when they did send wiring next day, it was wrong. Im hoping no issues, and was told they hired 70 or so more people at factory, so everything should be checked out fine.

Sub board are great value. Highly recommended. I’m getting speaker light kit for my Le and sub... really I don’t see the point in adding much else.... maybe a topper if the price is right.

I’m in on an LE LZ and a gnr, 2 games I’m more excited about than most of my purchases in last 5 yrs. issues for both games are few and far between. Gnr issues are very limited. We only really hear about the bad shit happening, but considering how many units have been pumped out, the overwhelming majority of games people have found faultless or only needing minor adjustments. Pinside, and in particular that fucked up playfield issues thread, breed negativity over positive experiences unfortunately... unless you go to an owners thread, then you can more realistically gauge what is really going on with quality if you can push the bias aside.

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Those are dimples, pooling is when the clear puddles and sometimes chips.

So are dimples a big issue? I’ve never seen any on my Sopranos and I’ve been playing it for years.

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Sub board are great value. Highly recommended. I’m getting speaker light kit for my Le and sub... really I don’t see the point in adding much else.... maybe a topper if the price is right.
I’m in on an LE LZ and a gnr, 2 games I’m more excited about than most of my purchases in last 5 yrs. issues for both games are few and far between. Gnr issues are very limited. We only really hear about the bad shit happening, but considering how many units have been pumped out, the overwhelming majority of games people have found faultless or only needing minor adjustments. Pinside, and in particular that fucked up playfield issues thread, breed negativity over positive experiences unfortunately... unless you go to an owners thread, then you can more realistically gauge what is really going on with quality if you can push the bias aside.

No bias at all, am going to give gnr a chance when available to play. But owners thread shows lots of similar complaints. I agree, pinside getting ridiculous with the fanboy clubs, and maybe I was feeding the fires. But not in their thread.

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

So are dimples a big issue? I’ve never seen any on my Sopranos and I’ve been playing it for years.

Dimples suck but dont affect play , just look bad.

#767 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

They even out after a while, took about 500 plays on my AFMr for them to not be noticeable anymore.

#768 3 years ago

I've played two different LZ pro's now and I can say that airballs are almost non-existent. That should help keep dimples down to a minimum. The clear coat on both examples looked great.

#769 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Exactly how I’m setting things up with my zeppelin
[quoted image]

Love it. Had all 3 and not a single rock pin left. Miss Metallica the most. LZle coming shortly GnR to follow.

#770 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

The dimples don’t bother me at all. In fact I never noticed them on my machines until I started reading about them on the forums. Now if I look for them they are there but it doesn’t effect game play and I really need to look close. It also seems as a game breaks in the dimples begin to blend together (attaching photos of LOTR & ST that have 1000+ plays). It is more noticeable on a new game that has only a small number of dimples (see AIQ photo after about 150 plays).

2E4701D5-B1EA-43A5-9C48-0B2964AB767A (resized).jpeg2E4701D5-B1EA-43A5-9C48-0B2964AB767A (resized).jpeg6C9D4808-0599-4DB9-B714-677725021306 (resized).jpeg6C9D4808-0599-4DB9-B714-677725021306 (resized).jpegB71BE6C9-8D39-415B-B846-C1AB01307D26 (resized).jpegB71BE6C9-8D39-415B-B846-C1AB01307D26 (resized).jpeg
#771 3 years ago

I've never read or heard of them causing any issues except anger on our new games looking like that.

#772 3 years ago

Woo hoo .... arrived today. Fast and smooth, but the ball hangup under the blimp is already annoying
LZ_box2 (resized).jpgLZ_box2 (resized).jpgLZ2 (resized).jpgLZ2 (resized).jpgLZ_ballTrap (resized).jpgLZ_ballTrap (resized).jpg

#773 3 years ago

Anyone know who sells plastic protectors other than mezel mods? The ones they carry are pink and I am looking for clear ones

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Woo hoo .... arrived today. Fast and smooth, but the ball hangup under the blimp is already annoying
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is your game leveled correctly? I haven’t had any hang ups there.

#775 3 years ago

I know it's not a major modification but I did not like the black rubber look on this machine. I replaced it with some colorful Titans. Plays even faster...

IMG_20210115_215155 (resized).jpgIMG_20210115_215155 (resized).jpgIMG_20210115_215215 (resized).jpgIMG_20210115_215215 (resized).jpgIMG_20210115_215250 (resized).jpgIMG_20210115_215250 (resized).jpg
#776 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is your game leveled correctly? I haven’t had any hang ups there.

He might be talking about the sound it makes when it releases. my launches out and bangs like hell when it releases, does not sound healthy.

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I replaced it with some colorful Titans.

Looks good, I still prefer Superbands. Just got my blue and yellow from Marcos, waiting for finalization for Hermit figure, shopping subs-Klipsh R-120SW, Speedwoofer 10S, Polk HTS10, Polk PSW505, Two Polk PSW10, or I am really curious about a MartinLogan Dynamo 700W?

Still need some good cards to match the LE, I posted in card thread to Coindropper-hoping someone comes up with some good ones that tie in with LE art package.

Was driving yesterday and this song came on the radio-man I am getting jazzed up!

Crank it UP!

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Looks good, I still prefer Superbands. Just got my blue and yellow from Marcos, waiting for finalization for Hermit figure, shopping subs-Klipsh R-120SW, Speedwoofer 10S, Polk HTS10, Polk PSW505, Two Polk PSW10, or I am really curious about a 700W MartinLogan Dynamo?
Still need some good cards to match the LE, I posted in card thread to Coindropper-hoping someone comes up with some good ones that tie in with LE art package.
Was driving yesterday and this song came on the radio-man I am getting jazzed up!
Crank it UP!

I have the Klipsch 12” on my AS and ACDC and it’s almost too much bass. I think I’m going with a 10” Polk this time around.

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

too much bass

I want the girls skirts to shake when playing (;

Reading up on Martinlogan Dynamo sounds like you can get that bass push without the distortion(downward or front option)

https://www.martinlogan.com/en/product/dynamo-700w

https://www.amazon.com/MartinLogan-Dynamo-700W-Subwoofer-Wireless/dp/B0067JVIGI/ref=as_li_ss_tl

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I know it's not a major modification but I did not like the black rubber look on this machine. I replaced it with some colorful Titans. Plays even faster...

Fantastic choice of colors! I might steal that idea when I get mine!

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Fantastic choice of colors! I might steal that idea when I get mine!

Yes, the Titan colors matched up perfectly. I was really impressed.

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I ordered some blue ones hoping it would look good, thx for the pics!

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Looks good, I still prefer Superbands. Just got my blue and yellow from Marcos, waiting for finalization for Hermit figure, shopping subs-Klipsh R-120SW, Speedwoofer 10S, Polk HTS10, Polk PSW505, Two Polk PSW10, or I am really curious about a MartinLogan Dynamo 700W?
Crank it UP!

I have polks on everything except ehoh on a klipsch and they are both good. But kliosch is better , so will going with it for Zepp

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Did you save the rubber kit you designed on Titan's website so others can pay homage to your brilliant choice of colors? I'd like to get a set for mine but haven't gotten the game yet so I don't know how many of each to get.

#785 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did you save the rubber kit you designed on Titan's website so others can pay homage to your brilliant choice of colors? I'd like to get a set for mine but haven't gotten the game yet so I don't know how many of each to get.

Not yet but I will. Just in case you're interested:

Here is my list. I didn't replace the rubbers in the back because you cannot really see them. Also, I used 3/16 for the outside inlane.. That's the standards size but the LZ black rubbers on those two posts are a bit odd. I've never seem them before. I'm wondering if the next size up might work better.

Titan Competition Silicone Rings
- Ring Size: 3/16 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Red CS-316ID-RD 4

- Ring Size: Post Sleeve - Standa..
- Ring Color: Light Blue CS-POST-LTB 1

- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Stand..
- Ring Color: Light Blue CS-FLIP-LTB 2

- Ring Size: 2 1/2 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Orange CS-212ID-OR 2

- Ring Size: 1 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Red CS-1ID-RD 2

- Ring Color: Orange CS-1ID-OR 1

- Ring Color: Orange CS-FLIP-OR 1

After looking at the playfield I think I'm going to order two, 3/16 rubbers and another 1-in rubber for the ramp near Icarus. I'm probably going to order purple and blue and decide which one looks best when it arrives. I'm not sure why I didn't order those the first time. Lol

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Here is my list. I didn't replace the rubbers in the back because you cannot really see them. Also, I used 3/16 for the outside inlane.. That's the standards size but the LZ black rubbers on those two posts are a bit odd. I've never seem them before. I'm wondering if the next size up might work better.

Many thanks for that!

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Great. Now I gotta order more stuff!!!

#788 3 years ago

Wife made me a kick ass topper for my LZ!

Resized_20210116_111640 (resized).jpegResized_20210116_111640 (resized).jpeg
#789 3 years ago

Lermods has some cool lookin mods, just ordered some

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Anyone know who sells plastic protectors other than mezel mods? The ones they carry are pink and I am looking for clear ones

Not sure why these mod makers insist on making the protectors in colors? It makes the original colors on the plastics all washed out and terrible looking. I will wait until there is a full set of clear available. It usually doesn't take long even if we have to wait for the playfield protectors people in Germany to make a set.

#791 3 years ago

I dont know about washed out. I put orange ones on bksor and they looked great. Looked like it had neon light surround.

#792 3 years ago

Can anyone spot the issue? I wondered why the outlanes were so brutal LOL
*ignore the bubbles since the playfield is upright and would not be level
LZ_left (resized).jpgLZ_left (resized).jpgLZ_right (resized).jpgLZ_right (resized).jpg

#793 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Can anyone spot the issue? I wondered why the outlanes were so brutal LOL
*ignore the bubbles since the playfield is upright and would not be level
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you think that is intentional or a warped playfield?

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Do you think that is intentional or a warped playfield?

No way would a playfield be intentionally warped to make harder (unless its a unique game like Orbitor 1 or something)

#795 3 years ago

Warranty time. I definitely would request a populated field. Curious if anyone else has found this

#796 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Warranty time. I definitely would request a populated field. Curious if anyone else has found this

That's why I posted it ... so people check if theirs is the same way (it will be obvious after you level it). I don't want to stink up this thread with the issue as there's already a playfield bitch thread that has dragged on, but figured I'd put this here just as a precaution to look out for

As far as the game goes, it plays smooth. Fast orbits, nice ramps, LED's flash like a concert. I have the ball hang up under the blimp from the speed it goes but a simple plastic added can easily solve that. Software is super early but we all know that will improve over time. The center is open, so the shots are pushed back. Plays different than others which I like. However with an open playfield, it makes the warped sides even more noticeable

The backglass is not bad. Cab artwork is awful. I have it between two games, so its not in your face. I would have loved LZ2 artwork but at least they used the centerfold of the album on the screen during game play

I'll be requesting a new game, as playfield swapping might be more work than boxing it up (and I'd have to send the other playfield back anyways which is still a huge box). Of course this went up a flight of steps and the older we get, the harder these are to set up. Not happy about that at all but very happy with the gameplay (minus the brutal outlanes LOL)

#797 3 years ago

I'm sure they will take care of you. Just a case of bad luck. Let us know how its resolved

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

That's why I posted it ... so people check if theirs is the same way (it will be obvious after you level it). I don't want to stink up this thread with the issue as there's already a playfield bitch thread that has dragged on, but figured I'd put this here just as a precaution to look out for
As far as the game goes, it plays smooth. Fast orbits, nice ramps, LED's flash like a concert. I have the ball hang up under the blimp from the speed it goes but a simple plastic added can easily solve that. Software is super early but we all know that will improve over time. The center is open, so the shots are pushed back. Plays different than others which I like. However with an open playfield, it makes the warped sides even more noticeable
The backglass is not bad. Cab artwork is awful. I have it between two games, so its not in your face. I would have loved LZ2 artwork but at least they used the centerfold of the album on the screen during game play
I'll be requesting a new game, as playfield swapping might be more work than boxing it up (and I'd have to send the other playfield back anyways which is still a huge box). Of course this went up a flight of steps and the older we get, the harder these are to set up. Not happy about that at all but very happy with the gameplay (minus the brutal outlanes LOL)

A good while back my friend was able to get a populated PF for his GB. They sent the PF in a special box. We swapped it out and then used the same box to ship the old PF back to Stern. Might be easier than another game and two trips up/down the stairs. Good luck, my friend. I hope they get it sorted out for you!

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I will have to check. The outlanes are actually the least brutal of any game in my house. But I have noticed an odd trajectory of the balls as they approach the flippers. I thought it was the spin on the balls. I'll have to see if the one in my basement is the same way

#800 3 years ago

Get a real level on it. Not a dollar store one. If you use cheap tools you get cheap results.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,626 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.