20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 194.
#7851 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Anyone have thoughts about the shaker motor on zeppelin. Got a shaker motor sitting around. Deciding if I should put it in tmnt or zeppelin

I have one in both my Sterns. I like them.

#7852 1 year ago

When playing my premium LZ today, I noticed two of the LED's are dim or do not light at all. Play or test is the same result.

The R left outlane and the O return lane are both not working properly. They are not bulbs.

Any help is appreciated.

#7853 1 year ago

Put $5 in Led Zep on location and then find it has a busted rubber causing ball traps.

455081DC-9881-4353-B250-797CE091D54C (resized).jpeg455081DC-9881-4353-B250-797CE091D54C (resized).jpeg
#7854 1 year ago

Finally got to Celebration Day! I got there through top of the charts but I still count it I havent made it to too many modern wizard modes so Im pretty excited about it. I've got a pro with expression lights and feel like this game is sooo underrated

#7855 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Put $5 in Led Zep on location and then find it has a busted rubber causing ball traps.
[quoted image]

That sucks,the rubber on Zepp didnt seem to last long

#7856 1 year ago

Still got all the high scores.

#7857 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Still got all the high scores.

I had really bad luck with those rubbers around the ZEP targets until I swapped them for superband rings. I only changed those that seemed to break a lot and they've held up great on location.

#7858 1 year ago

I added a small piece of automotive vacuum hose around the left post of the ZEP target. I haven't had any more problems.

#7859 1 year ago

Hey, what does everyone's ball hit on a full plunge or with auto launcher? Mine hits the "D" target most of the time on a full plunge.

The game on location would launch the ball cleanly into the dead end "Guy with a lantern" target. I had to adjust and pull back a little more than halfway on the plunger to hit the "D". Was cool seeing the ball launch up there, should it? If so, what should I adjust?

Edit: pretty sure this gate is the issue. Except I fixed it and still skillshot at the "D" target on full plunge. Auto launch power is default 200.
A4293C6E-7489-40DD-B2F4-8D96372C0D80 (resized).jpegA4293C6E-7489-40DD-B2F4-8D96372C0D80 (resized).jpeg

#7860 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hey, what does everyone's ball hit on a full plunge or with auto launcher? Mine hits the "D" target most of the time on a full plunge.
The game on location would launch the ball cleanly into the dead end "Guy with a lantern" target. I had to adjust and pull back a little more than halfway on the plunger to hit the "D". Was cool seeing the ball launch up there, should it? If so, what should I adjust?
Edit: pretty sure this gate is the issue. Except I fixed it and still skillshot at the "D" target on full plunge. Auto launch power is default 200.
[quoted image]

Make sure the manual plunger is not catching slightly on the auto plunger and pulling that along too. Mine was doing that from the factory.

#7861 1 year ago

This time I found what I can adjust. The actual shooter Lane ball guide can be adjusted via this screw. Got it working!

DE575980-667A-4BC9-ADC6-4544364B2BF8 (resized).jpegDE575980-667A-4BC9-ADC6-4544364B2BF8 (resized).jpeg

#7862 1 year ago

I also connected a sound bar and subwoofer via a Pinnovator sub output connector plug into the backbox. Sounds terrific and much easier than doing a full speaker replacement like I have in my Aerosmith.

315F74FC-ADF2-48ED-AE6E-3F5021B71F57 (resized).jpeg315F74FC-ADF2-48ED-AE6E-3F5021B71F57 (resized).jpegBFC2459A-DEB0-42A2-9A1B-5F688C2B2E7E (resized).jpegBFC2459A-DEB0-42A2-9A1B-5F688C2B2E7E (resized).jpeg
#7863 1 year ago

Can someone with a Zep Pro please help me troubleshoot this parts problem described below? What I need to know is the part number for the harness in your Zep Pro that connects in the backbox to CN4--CABINET NODE. The part number will be on a tag about a foot from that connector in the backbox. The part number for the harness I have is 036-5600-54.

I ask this because I went to hook up the expression lights in my Pro but could not because my harness that runs to CN4 is clearly missing a connector and the associated wiring. According to the expression lights installation instructions and the video by Tim Sexton, that connector should be an unused white five-pin that sits in the harness near the cabinet speaker. But my harness clearly has no such connector or wiring and I'm guessing that the wrong harness was installed in CN4. I plan to write to Stern to ask for a new harness, but I want to be sure to get the correct one and verify the part number--in addition, I'm curious if other Pro owners have hooked up the expression lights and had to get a different harness than factory to do so. Any help to shed light on this problem is appreciated.

#7864 1 year ago

Following up on my above request, I wrote to Stern and got a same-day reply confirming that the harness used in my Led Zep did not have the correct connector for expression lights hookup. This was due to the harness available when my machine was manufactured. As a fix, under my machine warranty, Stern is sending me a y-connector and harness that will power off the cabinet node board, which will allow me to hook up the expression lights mod. Thanks to Stern for fast and helpful tech support.

#7865 1 year ago

I forgot I had a set of plastic protector. Yellow for slings and orange for the flipper return plastics.

Two pics showing before and then two after. Looks really good in person, makes the area pop a bit more.

E5DCE564-2CCD-48E5-896C-E0DDF438E4C8 (resized).jpegE5DCE564-2CCD-48E5-896C-E0DDF438E4C8 (resized).jpegEC3C745D-7AE0-451C-A278-F851DE479A21 (resized).jpegEC3C745D-7AE0-451C-A278-F851DE479A21 (resized).jpeg48551E32-E816-4AEE-8951-84C61328B45F (resized).jpeg48551E32-E816-4AEE-8951-84C61328B45F (resized).jpegE3908B38-7C6E-41D6-863E-39DDE355AE6B (resized).jpegE3908B38-7C6E-41D6-863E-39DDE355AE6B (resized).jpeg
#7866 1 year ago

Does anyone know the part number of this sling post that broke? Need to get it from Marco. It’s the bottom post (nearest to the flippers) it comes up above the plastic with a nut on top to secure.

A1B945A8-48AB-4FC5-A722-0B8AD91B09CA (resized).jpegA1B945A8-48AB-4FC5-A722-0B8AD91B09CA (resized).jpeg
#7867 1 year ago

Miss zepp prem- is it true they may be making more this year? Otherwise maybe a HUO local one will pop up under msrp by end of year.
Wishful thinking lol.

#7868 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Miss zepp prem- is it true they may be making more this year? Otherwise maybe a HUO local one will pop up under msrp by end of year.
Wishful thinking lol.

Yes, few distis taking pre orders
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/136872

#7870 1 year ago

Translucent flipper rubber is added and I really like the white on white look. Super clean looking.

93234A03-26AD-4BB7-B181-C43B1C409420 (resized).jpeg93234A03-26AD-4BB7-B181-C43B1C409420 (resized).jpegDD36D2B5-C8D9-4524-8DF7-A86DA5A7417E (resized).jpegDD36D2B5-C8D9-4524-8DF7-A86DA5A7417E (resized).jpeg

#7871 1 year ago

Has anybody gotten the complete plastic protectors set from playfield-protectors.com who can share a photo?

#7872 1 year ago

just posting to say hello as I just joined the most uncelebrated and underrated pinball machine of the last few years.
My friends have it and I enjoyed playing it so much that I could not pass up a good deal I just found and got one so I am very much looking forward to it!

#7873 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

just posting to say hello as I just joined the most uncelebrated and underrated pinball machine of the last few years.
My friends have it and I enjoyed playing it so much that I could not pass up a good deal I just found and got one so I am very much looking forward to it!

Congrats!!

I enjoy mine. So many people got down on it but it's a fun game.

Did you buy the premium that was for sale in BC?

#7874 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Congrats!!
I enjoy mine. So many people got down on it but it's a fun game.
Did you buy the premium that was for sale in BC?

Yeah that is the one!

#7875 1 year ago

Yeah that is the one!

Awesome.

Some people trash LZ but it's very flowing with great shots and if you like LZ music is pure pleasure. Very underrated game IMO.

#7876 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Following up on my above request, I wrote to Stern and got a same-day reply confirming that the harness used in my Led Zep did not have the correct connector for expression lights hookup. This was due to the harness available when my machine was manufactured. As a fix, under my machine warranty, Stern is sending me a y-connector and harness that will power off the cabinet node board, which will allow me to hook up the expression lights mod. Thanks to Stern for fast and helpful tech support.

Did you receive the harness? I’m in the same situation Stern responded immediately saying they would send one I still don’t have it.

#7877 1 year ago
Quoted from howitzer11:

Did you receive the harness? I’m in the same situation Stern responded immediately saying they would send one I still don’t have it.

Not yet, but I will update once I do.

#7878 1 year ago

Feeling good. I bought my first pinball, Led Zeppelin (LE) a few months ago, and just made my first repair. I had to fix the spinner inside the Electric Magic. Not terribly complex, but proud of my novice efforts.

35FC799D-AC61-46A5-A4C5-B8E12EF8A6B1 (resized).jpeg35FC799D-AC61-46A5-A4C5-B8E12EF8A6B1 (resized).jpeg
#7879 1 year ago
Quoted from howitzer11:

I had the same issue. I did not want to wait so I cut into the unused 48v wires going to the playfield. Lights work great and are awesome! I took a few pictures if you're interested.

#7880 1 year ago

Has anyone gotten a replacement metal gate to replace the one way gate at the shooter lane? I can’t seem to find one on pinball life. Mine is on its last legs.

#7881 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Has anyone gotten a replacement metal gate to replace the one way gate at the shooter lane? I can’t seem to find one on pinball life. Mine is on its last legs.

Found this...doesn't look right from my memory of that buggar magically ending up in my flippers but it's the only one Marco's seems to have...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-2335-00

#7882 1 year ago

Covered the bare metal plate with the nut on top with a mod I made. I guess that’s where some people put the big clock mod, but a clock doesn’t seem very rock and roll.

38B50B35-ADB6-4A2A-95B9-F542B9476ADC (resized).jpeg38B50B35-ADB6-4A2A-95B9-F542B9476ADC (resized).jpeg45F64349-8AD1-40B9-9F50-ACAD15E2338B (resized).jpeg45F64349-8AD1-40B9-9F50-ACAD15E2338B (resized).jpegD6B9C713-D841-4404-B1C5-0A62D583F15D (resized).jpegD6B9C713-D841-4404-B1C5-0A62D583F15D (resized).jpeg

#7883 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I requested a replacement from Stern through my distributor and they sent me a new one at no cost. Granted, this was over a year ago before supply chain issues were prominent so I can’t attest to how long it will take to receive the replacement.

#7884 1 year ago
Quoted from notbodied:

I had the same issue. I did not want to wait so I cut into the unused 48v wires going to the playfield. Lights work great and are awesome! I took a few pictures if you're interested.

I'd be interested in those pics if they show how you managed this, along with some further detail if possible. Getting tired of waiting for the promised part from Stern.

#7885 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

The gate wire should be about 2 1/4 inches wide
The Iron Maiden gate will work though it is "u" shaped instead of the LZ "w". Just try to find a similar Stern gate wire

#7886 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

The gate wire should be about 2 1/4 inches wide
The Iron Maiden gate will work though it is "u" shaped instead of the LZ "w". Just try to find a similar Stern gate wire

Alright I’m looking. Right now I’m not seeing a 2 1/4. I wish they had used a thicker wire form. It sure gets beat up over there.

#7887 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

contact Stern,They sent me the gate

#7888 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

contact Stern,They sent me the gate

Was the gate they sent you the same or did they beef it up a bit?

#7889 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

They have sent me two new gates. Hard to say if they were any better since my Pro had 14,000 plays on it before we replaced it with a Premium.

#7890 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

The same,It hasnt fallen off since though

#7891 1 year ago

I have not seen this one before. Looks like an easy fix with some superglue to reconnect the body with the hair and wings. I guess he flew too close to the sun.....

IMG_2581 (resized).JPGIMG_2581 (resized).JPGIMG_2583 (resized).JPGIMG_2583 (resized).JPG
#7892 1 year ago

Ouch!

#7893 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Alright I’m looking. Right now I’m not seeing a 2 1/4. I wish they had used a thicker wire form. It sure gets beat up over there.

anyone whos gate falls off should bend the end when re installing and it wont likely fall off anymore.more info and photos in the 60s in photos

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7894 1 year ago

I’ll give that a try. I play my machine a lot 4,000 plays this year. So my gate takes a lot of abuse. If they sold those on Marco or pinball life I would just order a bunch of them.

Quoted from Jamesays:

anyone whos gate falls off should bend the end when re installing and it wont likely fall off anymore.more info and photos in the 60s in photos
[quoted image]

#7895 1 year ago
Quoted from notbodied:

If you don't mind posting that would be great. Still no harness from Stern.

#7896 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I had really bad luck with those rubbers around the ZEP targets until I swapped them for superband rings. I only changed those that seemed to break a lot and they've held up great on location.

I rotate mine up there every few weeks. And switched to Titans. Had same problem with standard rubbers

#7897 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I'd be interested in those pics if they show how you managed this, along with some further detail if possible. Getting tired of waiting for the promised part from Stern.

Quoted from howitzer11:

If you don't mind posting that would be great. Still no harness from Stern.

I'm sure someone will tell me I shouldn't do this, but its worked great so far. I did not contact stern and ask about what their fix was so I didn't want to tie into the existing node (1?) board power. I did unplug node board 1 and plugged the power into the expression node board and the lights worked perfectly. I spent a decent amount of time tracing wires and looking at unhelpful diagrams in the game manual. I decided the best option was the unused, switched, 48v power and ground wires going to the playfield.

I de-pinned a grey and a black wire from the connector and cut the wires so i could repair the harness if there was ever a need (selling the game, ect). I used spade terminals for the wire to wire connections, and some small terminals I had from some weather pack connectors for the connections I had to make at the node board. Heat shrunk all the exposed terminals and saved the little pieces of black and grey wire in case I ever want to un-do what I did.

To me it was worth cutting into the part of the harness that wont be used, I can understand others not wanting to do the same. There was just no way i wasnt going to get those damn lights working!

edit: If you could get a 2 pin Molex (or whatever the playfield power connector is) you may be able to avoid cutting the cabinet harness at all? I used what I had, I wasn't waiting any longer ha.

20220617_092825 (resized).jpg20220617_092825 (resized).jpg20220617_093112 (resized).jpg20220617_093112 (resized).jpg20220617_093149 (resized).jpg20220617_093149 (resized).jpg

#7898 1 year ago
Quoted from notbodied:

I'm sure someone will tell me I shouldn't do this, but its worked great so far. I did not contact stern and ask about what their fix was so I didn't want to tie into the existing node (1?) board power. I did unplug node board 1 and plugged the power into the expression node board and the lights worked perfectly. I spent a decent amount of time tracing wires and looking at unhelpful diagrams in the game manual. I decided the best option was the unused, switched, 48v power and ground wires going to the playfield.
I de-pinned a grey and a black wire from the connector and cut the wires so i could repair the harness if there was ever a need (selling the game, ect). I used spade terminals for the wire to wire connections, and some small terminals I had from some weather pack connectors for the connections I had to make at the node board. Heat shrunk all the exposed terminals and saved the little pieces of black and grey wire in case I ever want to un-do what I did.
To me it was worth cutting into the part of the harness that wont be used, I can understand others not wanting to do the same. There was just no way i wasnt going to get those damn lights working!
edit: If you could get a 2 pin Molex (or whatever the playfield power connector is) you may be able to avoid cutting the cabinet harness at all? I used what I had, I wasn't waiting any longer ha.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would have perhaps repined the cables with the correct molex connectors, so it does not look like a it is has been permanently modded, no offence, I would not buy a game with this type of work on, as it leads me to believe it has been hacked elsewhere yet to be found, ymmv. I see it as the owner did not spend $ on the right tools for the job and there are more 'mods' somewhere else.
That is just my personal take. no offence

Using the correct molex is really the only way I would be making this sort of mod in a way that is fully reversible without any visible nor permanent mod if it is ever corrected.

#7899 1 year ago

I would have perhaps repined the cables with the correct molex connectors, so it does not look like a it is has been permanently modded, no offence, I would not buy a game with this type of work on, as it leads me to believe it has been hacked elsewhere yet to be found, ymmv. I see it as the owner did not spend $ on the right tools for the job and there are more 'mods' somewhere else.
That is just my personal take. no offence
Using the correct molex is really the only way I would be making this sort of mod in a way that is fully reversible without any visible nor permanent mod if it is ever corrected.

No offense taken! I have faith in my soldering skills. I know pin-fit is tight and there is very little chance of having an issue with it. Like I said the two wires I cut plug into an empty hole in the connector. They can be re-soldered and put back into said connector. I've decided these games probably have hundreds of solder joints, I'm not going to freak about two more (that are not even carrying current). I made sure it's unpluggable and the playfield is still easily removable, but it definitely voided the harness warranty haha. Either way I totally understand the concern and I did think about how it would effect value.

#7900 1 year ago
Quoted from notbodied:

No offense taken! I have faith in my soldering skills. I know pin-fit is tight and there is very little chance of having an issue with it. Like I said the two wires I cut plug into an empty hole in the connector. They can be re-soldered and put back into said connector. I've decided these games probably have hundreds of solder joints, I'm not going to freak about two more (that are not even carrying current). I made sure it's unpluggable and the playfield is still easily removable, but it definitely voided the harness warranty haha. Either way I totally understand the concern and I did think about how it would effect value.

No concerns about your skills but more about the logic behind not using the right part.
Get yourself a set of cheap crimpers and some molex (I have a box full that I always use). It is really nice to have the pins, headers and connectors ready at hand. You can make an OEM connection in less time that it took you do all the work you posted above.
Trust me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/158?hl=blue_agave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.