IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 193.
#7751 1 year ago

You must be the guy that stopped by my location! The servers were telling me about a guy that drove from Canada to pick up a Zep premium (Center of the Universe brewery in VA).

#7752 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You must be the guy that stopped by my location! The servers were telling me about a guy that drove from Canada to pick up a Zep premium (Center of the Universe brewery in VA).

No not me - Mine came from New Brunswick.

#7753 1 year ago
Quoted from Hawks:

You need to plug in the third connector, you’ll see a spot on the small node board on the bottom right hand side where it’s supposed to be plugged into
Spotlights will work for sure, all the time

This message should be in the topic index for getting the topper to work properly. Thanks for posting this!

Game is almost complete!

0FDB48A2-99B7-4A68-A9ED-C41CA038D62E (resized).png0FDB48A2-99B7-4A68-A9ED-C41CA038D62E (resized).png
#7754 1 year ago

You gotta love a $5 mod that looks factory!

20220509_213713 (resized).jpg20220509_213713 (resized).jpg
#7755 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This message should be in the topic index for getting the topper to work properly. Thanks for posting this!
Game is almost complete![quoted image]

Okay, I’m normally not a fan of powder coating. But…. that looks SICK! What do we call that one in the event I want to copy your good taste?

#7756 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Game is almost complete![quoted image]

Looks great!

#7757 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Okay, I’m normally not a fan of powder coating. But…. that looks SICK! What do we call that one in the event I want to copy your good taste?

Thanks, I can ask my powder coating guy, it is not Prismatic.

Does anyone make a filter for the spot lights to make an image? Think that would look pretty cool, like the Batman spot light. My game is against the wall so it would look pretty cool.

#7758 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I go a little crazy with my games

0ED77F85-1133-4664-9010-84A811652F97 (resized).png0ED77F85-1133-4664-9010-84A811652F97 (resized).png
#7759 1 year ago

looks like more LZ toppers shipping

My buddy in Dallas just got his and mine is on it's way direct from Stern...14 month wait

#7760 1 year ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

looks like more LZ toppers shipping
My buddy in Dallas just got his and mine is on it's way direct from Stern...14 month wait

The topper is great. Just remember the third plug has to be installed or the spot lights won't light up. Not in the Stern instructions.

#7761 1 year ago

Couple of mods added today.

-New start button
-New shooter rod

Looks so much better on the front!

20220521_150052 (resized).jpg20220521_150052 (resized).jpg
#7762 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Probably the spinner is out of whack, making the opto sense there is a ball there.

...2 months later....

Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Non-owner posting on behalf of a friend (please bear with me I don't really know the game)...
On his game, the "Electric Magic spinner box" seems to be going up and down randomly. It will pop up at the beginning of a ball, then go down, and then up and down randomly.
He says when its supposed to be raised above the playfield, and you hit the spinner, and then there appears on the LCD screen a meter and goes down and you need to make the hits before it expires. When this random up/down action occurs with the mechanism, there is no meter displayed. This kind of tells me that the software doesn't know to a degree the Electric Magic is raised... but it does award points if you hit the spinner so there is recognition that this event is occurring.
So the motor must be good if the mechanism raises and lowers... Is there some sort of opto electronics that might be out of alignment to cause this behavior? Or something else...?
TIA

... 2 months later...

In diags mode, if I do the "Game specifics" menu switches 71 and 72 (from memory, it could be 70 & 71) do not register when I spin the spinner. These are the optos for the spinner. Maybe for that to happen the game needs to be in switch test? Also, is there a diagnostics to try to get the motor for the 'Electric Box' to go up and down? I couldn't find it.

#7763 1 year ago

The Electric Magic box isn’t registering the ball once it is locked and goes under the playfield. You have to wait for ball search to find it. Has anyone had this issue and can help point in the correct direction.

#7764 1 year ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

...2 months later....

... 2 months later...
In diags mode, if I do the "Game specifics" menu switches 71 and 72 (from memory, it could be 70 & 71) do not register when I spin the spinner. These are the optos for the spinner. Maybe for that to happen the game needs to be in switch test? Also, is there a diagnostics to try to get the motor for the 'Electric Box' to go up and down? I couldn't find it.

OK, I tried this on my game. In the EM specific test, those two switches are not the spinner. They are the up/down positions of the EM mech. Make sure your coin door interlock switch is pulled out. In the test, use the left and right flipper buttons to raise and lower the EM.

You are correct that you'll need to be in switch test mode to check the spinner.

#7765 1 year ago
Quoted from rusty_dagger:

The Electric Magic box isn’t registering the ball once it is locked and goes under the playfield. You have to wait for ball search to find it. Has anyone had this issue and can help point in the correct direction.

Very common. Give the game a slight forward nudge and it should register. The spinner needs to be dialed in and its probably bent slightly.

#7766 1 year ago

Lots of reading to do....getting a Zeppelin Pro this evening.

I've already download the SD Card Image and making notes of what I want to do with the "code". Much potential for cool attract mode videos like I do for the other Stern games I own.

There's a 25 second "Attract mode" video that only say "Led Zeppelin" for all 25 second.

I see I want to change the Celebration Day award and jackpot animations. Boring.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7767 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've already download the SD Card Image and making notes of what I want to do with the "code". Much potential for cool attract mode videos like I do for the other Stern games I own.
There's a 25 second "Attract mode" video that only say "Led Zeppelin" for all 25 second.
I see I want to change the Celebration Day award and jackpot animations. Boring.

Like to see what you come up with for attract and instructional video option. Game over has same animation as well.

Is there any sound in code for these?

#7768 1 year ago

I'd have to play the game first to know if sounds also need to be replaced or if they'll work with a replacement animation.

So. Many. Blimps!

#7769 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'd have to play the game first to know if sounds also need to be replaced or if they'll work with a replacement animation.
So. Many. Blimps!

I’ve said it before but for such a great license the really dropped the ball on video assets imo

#7770 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I’ve said it before but for such a great license the really dropped the ball on video assets imo

15 minutes of quick searching and I have found some great content I want to edit and use an already made quick notes. Leaving now to go get Led Zeppelin.

#7771 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The intro to Mothership MB could really do with a better start.

Insert a new song here if possible??

#7772 1 year ago

Can’t wait to see what you come up with ! Love this game. Some polish would really put it over the top.

Quoted from PoMC:

15 minutes of quick searching and I have found some great content I want to edit and use an already made quick notes. Leaving now to go get Led Zeppelin.

#7773 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I changed out and added When the Levee Breaks and Dazed & Confused. The song name changes are tricky.

#7774 1 year ago

Anyone in Ontario looking for a Stern LZ topper? Will sell it at my original Stern cost. New in box never used. PM if interested. Thanks.

#7775 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:I changed out and added When the Levee Breaks and Dazed & Confused. The song name changes are tricky.

Dazed and Confused is the one song I wish was in the game.

#7776 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Dazed and Confused is the one song I wish was in the game.

and Custard Pie and,and

#7777 1 year ago

When the Levy Breaks

#7778 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

and Custard Pie and,and

I just think dazed and confused would have been fitting for the ? Wizard mode choreographed with a psychedelic light show of course.

#7779 1 year ago

Traveling Riverside Blues and Heartbreaker

#7780 1 year ago

Living Loving Maid (She’s Just a Woman)

#7782 1 year ago

In My Time of Dying

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7785 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Living Loving Maid (She’s Just a Woman)

Yes!

#7786 1 year ago

Led Zep Pro with Expression Lights and custom wireform installed is home safe and sound. Tomorrow morning, while I'm on the work clock, I'll unload it and set it up. I'll need to first move Star Wars into the workshop area since it's up for sale in a few days and 8 pins is the max anyway in the bar/gameroom area.

Excited to start playing it tomorrow because I've played it only 15 times on location at a local bar a while back. Specifically went there because I heard they had a Led Zep and my wife and I had fun playing it. I found it tough, but fun, and knowing that a lot of the fun is because we both enjoy Led Zep songs.

Really looking forward to see if I can improve the game visually in anyway that Stern could not due to licensing issues.

#7787 1 year ago

Oh, anyone have any mods for sale? Of course I need to read a lot, and will, but are there any must have mods or tweaks/adjustments for the pro?

#7788 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Oh, anyone have any mods for sale? Of course I need to read a lot, and will, but are there any must have mods or tweaks/adjustments for the pro?

It really is a beautiful game as is. All the new pins are so busy with the artwork these days. It’s kind of nice for a machine to just kind of have a vibe instead of an attempt at storytelling.

#7789 1 year ago

I’m a fan of the Big Ben mod.

#7790 1 year ago

The hermit mod is my favorite

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/led-zeppelin-pinball-illuminated-hermit

Big Ben is cool. I also like the alternate translites that are out there and ofcourse the topper.

Quoted from PoMC:

#7791 1 year ago

Not sure why this images in the code? I don’t staying though, I don’t want that popping up on my screen.

674F6F12-4F88-439C-A4C8-3EB53ED22D6F (resized).jpeg674F6F12-4F88-439C-A4C8-3EB53ED22D6F (resized).jpeg
#7792 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Not sure why this images in the code? I don’t staying though, I don’t want that popping up on my screen.
[quoted image]

Thats odd. Love the Loser Kid guys though!

Quoted from PoMC:

Shooter rod is a must. I like the new start button also.

9e6ee1e80ef774f28d673986d1fbf1fb760be498 (resized).jpg9e6ee1e80ef774f28d673986d1fbf1fb760be498 (resized).jpg
#7793 1 year ago

Man, I tell you what, if you do not have the Expression Lights on your game....you should.

00B4E02D-CF85-4ED1-9823-208C4ACCFCCC (resized).jpg00B4E02D-CF85-4ED1-9823-208C4ACCFCCC (resized).jpg
#7794 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Man, I tell you what, if you do not have the Expression Lights on your game....you should.[quoted image]

Install and clips or additional music yet?

#7795 1 year ago

The custom wireform Zeppelin that replaces the bland plastic Zeppelin is fantastic. Looks so cool with the expression lights reflecting and shimmering off the metal.

D43B8310-B049-45E2-B7C6-CF010B5A0DB2 (resized).jpegD43B8310-B049-45E2-B7C6-CF010B5A0DB2 (resized).jpegEF889EC6-66BC-4052-85F0-0BBEC157749A (resized).jpegEF889EC6-66BC-4052-85F0-0BBEC157749A (resized).jpegF3CEFE7A-2484-4B27-B532-E573F3B657A7 (resized).jpegF3CEFE7A-2484-4B27-B532-E573F3B657A7 (resized).jpeg

#7796 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, I tried this on my game. In the EM specific test, those two switches are not the spinner. They are the up/down positions of the EM mech. Make sure your coin door interlock switch is pulled out. In the test, use the left and right flipper buttons to raise and lower the EM.
You are correct that you'll need to be in switch test mode to check the spinner.

Thanks for the reply... I have a dumb question:. How you get into the EM test? I don't see it in the diagnostics menu.

#7797 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Install and clips or additional music yet?

In the research and gathering media and getting ideas stages. Taking note of the LCD screen when playing games to see what screens happen where and when, etc. I have all the attract mode video ideas basically done. Going to start editing a few videos today for an idea I want to try for the Whole Lotta Love video that plays.

I know I want to change all the Zeppelin Multiball clips - they are boring just showing a Zeppelin launching or in the hangar, etc. Yeah, I get it Stern, the band has "Zeppelin" in their name....no need to shove down our throats the constant images of blimps. I swear, if Stern made a pin based on the band The Police, I bet there would be cop car beacon lights as a topper.

No plans to change out music, at least not for a while since I just got the game and not tired of the same songs yet.

#7798 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

In the research and gathering media and getting ideas stages. Taking note of the LCD screen when playing games to see what screens happen where and when, etc. I have all the attract mode video ideas basically done. Going to start editing a few videos today for an idea I want to try for the Whole Lotta Love video that plays.
I know I want to change all the Zeppelin Multiball clips - they are boring just showing a Zeppelin launching or in the hangar, etc. Yeah, I get it Stern, the band has "Zeppelin" in their name....no need to shove down our throats the constant images of blimps. I swear, if Stern made a pin based on the band The Police, I bet there would be cop car beacon lights as a topper.
No plans to change out music, at least not for a while since I just got the game and not tired of the same songs yet.

Yeah I’m not looking to replace any of the 10 songs but was wondering if there is any audio related to game over or attract that isn’t used or something tied to that instructional video you could turn on.

Wish there was a way to squeeze a segment of something additional in there, somewhere.

#7799 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah I’m not looking to replace any of the 10 songs but was wondering if there is any audio related to game over or attract that isn’t used or something tied to that instructional video you could turn on.
Wish there was a way to squeeze a segment of something additional in there, somewhere.

would be nice to do same as Beatles and have 2 or so different SD cards to change music so you can switch back and forth .Yes stairway

#7800 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The custom wireform Zeppelin that replaces the bland plastic Zeppelin is fantastic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like a steel guppy. Not sure I agree with you.

The way the expression light reflections dance off the factory Zeppelin look great too. You may want to swap it out and see for yourself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/156?hl=blue_agave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.