IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 191.
#7701 1 year ago

Do none of you own RC Toys? Servos are loud! I'm surprised at how not terribly loud these were. Glad to see y'all are getting your toppers! As you can see I really need Stern to get with the ball on the Mando Topper!

IMG_5407 (resized).jpgIMG_5407 (resized).jpg
#7702 1 year ago

Installed the hooked on pinball shooter rod. Looks awesome! I like it better than the stern version and it’s cheaper!

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p227/Led-Zeppelin-Shooter-Rod-Assembly-Kit.html

75C84A4B-25DF-472D-B3F1-3341B16B0411 (resized).jpeg75C84A4B-25DF-472D-B3F1-3341B16B0411 (resized).jpegCB76864D-A3DF-4261-BFA6-8A2A80AF5A7C (resized).jpegCB76864D-A3DF-4261-BFA6-8A2A80AF5A7C (resized).jpeg
#7703 1 year ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Spotlight motors are pretty loud, they move around consistently (even in attract mode)
You can go into the settings and adjust the frequency in which they move (or switch movement off altogether)
I personally thought the topper was cool, but I sold it as the offer I got was too good to refuse
Furthermore, I needed to go back and chase toppers for my other machines, as I need to have uniformity (OCD I know)
Just on the noise levels of the topper, it did bother me somewhat, as many times I like to turn my machines on (not too play, just enjoy looking at them) have a few drinks, listen to some tunes, and the noise from the topper just ruins the ambience
To that end, I’ve disposed of all of Sterns shitty noisy fans and replaced them pinmonks beauties
The near silence is golden, time to crack open a drink, put on some Kiss tunes and turn on, but not play my pinball machines, good times
Afterall, theme is all that matters, not gameplay jokes

The fan definitely bothers me more than the spotlights. I’ve set mine to only move in gameplay and not attract mode but that fan is LOUD

#7704 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

The fan definitely bothers me more than the spotlights. I’ve set mine to only move in gameplay and not attract mode but that fan is LOUD

The pinmonk quite fan is a great upgrade.
A must for home use stern games.

I also only have the spots on for gameplay.

#7705 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Installed the hooked on pinball shooter rod. Looks awesome! I like it better than the stern version and it’s cheaper!
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p227/Led-Zeppelin-Shooter-Rod-Assembly-Kit.html[quoted image][quoted image]

That does look better I think.

Which color is that?. I think there are 2-3.

#7706 1 year ago

I went with the black nickle chrome.

Quoted from kool1:

That does look better I think.
Which color is that?. I think there are 2-3.

#7707 1 year ago

I also went with black chrome.
323C14AF-EC91-4AF2-B465-6F9D6B58226A (resized).png323C14AF-EC91-4AF2-B465-6F9D6B58226A (resized).png

CEF2F6E5-1187-445B-9DCB-3CD05EB70E80 (resized).pngCEF2F6E5-1187-445B-9DCB-3CD05EB70E80 (resized).png
#7708 1 year ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I went with nothing because it just sold out.

#7709 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I went with nothing because it just sold out.

DAMN, I was thinking about it too!

#7710 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

DAMN, I was thinking about it too!

They're back in.

#7711 1 year ago

Dreidel shooter knob ftw. It’s epic

#7712 1 year ago

Topper is fully working after plugging in the third connector not referenced in manual. Thank you everyone for confirming the noises from spotlights.

New issue now.... The right bottom flipper is no longer responding and sits dead. I noticed the top right flipper intermittently not responding previously, but has been working. But last night during play the bottom right flipper totally stopped responding.

Tried power cycling but did not fix.

Did a quick search on flipper not responding but everything that came up is older Bally and Stern.

Anyone have any resources they can share on diagnosing and fixing a non responsive flipper for a modern pinball?

Thank you.

#7713 1 year ago

Check underside of playfield to see if a wire has come off the coil stop
Happened on my Beatles pinball, I just slid the wire back onto the coil stop lug and pushed the small plastic tube back over the connection and she’s up and working again
I was surprised that it was not spot welding in place, it just uses the small plastic tube to keep the wire and lug in contact with each other

#7714 1 year ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Topper is fully working after plugging in the third connector not referenced in manual. Thank you everyone for confirming the noises from spotlights.
New issue now.... The right bottom flipper is no longer responding and sits dead. I noticed the top right flipper intermittently not responding previously, but has been working. But last night during play the bottom right flipper totally stopped responding.
Tried power cycling but did not fix.
Did a quick search on flipper not responding but everything that came up is older Bally and Stern.
Anyone have any resources they can share on diagnosing and fixing a non responsive flipper for a modern pinball?
Thank you.

You need to check under the playfield. You can post a pic and I'm sure someone can advise.

#7715 1 year ago

What is this craziness? I guess just terminology. There are no wires going to a coil stop. And no spot welding. BUT, the coil wire should be soldered to the lug, not just held on by the protector.

For your flipper problem, first you need to narrow down the issue. Put the game into switch test and see if the flipper button is closing the switch. If not, then look for a wire that has come off the switch or the switch may need adjustment. If the button/switch are working then move on to troubleshooting the flipper coil.

With the coin door switch pulled out, go into coil test. Does the flipper engage? If not, check for a wire that has come off of the coil. Report back on that stuff before we dive any deeper.

#7716 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p227/Led-Zeppelin-Shooter-Rod-Assembly-Kit.html[quoted image][quoted image]

finally a shooter rod I will buy,just did.

#7717 1 year ago

I wonder if Hooked on pinball is curious why he's selling 8 shooter rods today?

Quoted from beelzeboob:

They're back in.

#7718 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Dreidel shooter knob ftw. It’s epic

On a premium or pro. On the LE it still looks out of place...and I have one.

#7719 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I hope not,does look perfect on premium though

#7720 1 year ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hoping they make a Rush, replace “1968” with “2112”, add the Starman, good to go.

#7721 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I could see that. Topper is way out of place on my premium but the new translite helped

#7722 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I could see that. Topper is way out of place on my premium but the new translite helped

Which translite did you get?

Quoted from pinballjah:

Hoping they make a Rush, replace “1968” with “2112”, add the Starman, good to go.

Would love to see something similar for Rush yes!

Quoted from nocreditdot:

I went with the black nickle chrome.

Ya.. That matches with the premium. Looks great!!

#7723 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Which translite did you get?

Would love to see something similar for Rush yes!

Ya.. That matches with the premium. Looks great!!

Got it off one of the users on the forum here. Love it!

0157F6D7-E9AB-4D74-9C75-9B544A154D79 (resized).jpeg0157F6D7-E9AB-4D74-9C75-9B544A154D79 (resized).jpeg
#7724 1 year ago

With the flipper not responding... Thanks for the help all.

Tried running diagnostics but wasn't sure what looking for. System didn't seem to detect anything. I did run the one test where it tests the flippers and all... Sure enough that right one doesn't flip.

Opened the playfield and just lightly touched the wires around flipper and this one just came off. Seems like it's been barely holding on for some time and lost connection the other night when this happened.

Anyone know the proper or quick way to fix this? Was trying to just slide it back together within that little tube.

20220501_162002 (resized).jpg20220501_162002 (resized).jpg

#7725 1 year ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Tried running diagnostics but wasn't sure what looking for. System didn't seem to detect anything. I did run the one test where it tests the flippers and all... Sure enough that right one doesn't flip.
Opened the playfield and just lightly touched the wires around flipper and this one just came off. Seems like it's been barely holding on for some time and lost connection the other night when this happened.
Anyone know the proper or quick way to fix this? Was trying to just slide it back together within that little tube.
[quoted image]

Looks like the tab broke off the coil. Could maybe solder it to what's left or else you need a new coil. Soldering only takes a couple mins but you need the equipment and some knowledge/skill. Anyway if you got a new coil still likely need to solder it.
You need to find a tech or friendly local if you can't do it.

#7726 1 year ago

30 second job and fix if you got a friend with a soldering iron and a bit of solder - good luck

#7727 1 year ago
Quoted from Luk3:

[quoted image]

This is one of those "it's trashed anyway might as well give her a GO." This is not a tough solder. All about the setup...figure out a good way to set it in place while you slather it on. She'll hold. Go hot and dump on the solder. In and out. You got this we believe in you!

#7728 1 year ago

Anybody making apron art for those of us adding on IC readers. Had to take out the R zeppelin on my premium, now I need some new matching art for the L and R. Thoughts or referrals?

Thanks

#7729 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Anybody making apron art for those of us adding on IC readers. Had to take out the R zeppelin on my premium, now I need some new matching art for the L and R. Thoughts or referrals?
Thanks

Wiz mods makes an apron cover for LZ with IC reader, if that's what you're asking.

#7730 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Wiz mods makes an apron cover for LZ with IC reader, if that's what you're asking.

Ahh, I saw that post the other day, didn't realize it had the window for the reader. I don't think I'm a fan of that art on the premium. I might play around with shrinking down and printing the zeppelin on the R to fit it there.

#7731 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Got it off one of the users on the forum here. Love it! [quoted image]

I may go for one of these alternate translites. I like the other one - saw them on ebay.

My machine is sadly stranded in Montreal, unbelievable delays. The trailer it was in broke down. Hoping to get it Friday.

#7732 1 year ago

Alrighty guys. I'm sure it's in this thread multiple times and I'm going to search, but I'm having a helluva time making the small center inverted ramp on the premium as of late. I adjusted down the tongs, but if I make 1/10 shots, I'm doing good. It just gets in there and rattles about dropping back into the pf.
What's the secret here? I feel I was making it more when I first got the game....I'm overthinking it? It's like 90% on the top right flipper, correct?

So frustrating.

#7733 1 year ago

Crazy thing about Stern LZ shooter rod. I ordered mine back in Dec of 2020 from FlipNOut for the original $89 price. I emailed poor Zach every month for an update for over a year now. His response has been consistently, "Stern hasn't given me any shipping info yet. I'll gladly give you a refund if you want." I would always decline the refund offer and tell him I would continue to wait.
Patience pays off. I came back from lunch today, and damn if the Stern box wasn't sitting in my cubicle chair at work! I looked and thought, "What the hell is this?" Lol.. Oh! My LZ shooter rod!

#7734 1 year ago

Posted the pic above with the broken flipper.

Bought a Hakko 880d and some lead solder. 031 63/37.... Will be first time soldering. Excited and nervous, lol.

This all comes tomorrow so plan to attempt the repair once everything arrives.

One thing I forgot though is warranty.... Pinball was bought in Oct as a Christmas gift. So no where near a year of ownership or use.

Is this something Sterns warranty would fix? And if so, how does that happen? Like someone comes to house in 6 to 8 weeks?

And if something major ever happens, would this repair void the warranty?

#7735 1 year ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Bought a Hakko 880d and some lead solder. 031 63/37.... Will be first time soldering. Excited and nervous, lol.
One thing I forgot though is warranty.... Pinball was bought in Oct as a Christmas gift. So no where near a year of ownership or use.
Is this something Sterns warranty would fix? And if so, how does that happen? Like someone comes to house in 6 to 8 weeks?

ask for a new coil send a photo

#7736 1 year ago

Soldering is a must with pinball machines. You can do it. Grab some old coils or junk circuit boards and practice first. The more you do it the better it will be like anything. Should be a 1 minute fix.

Quoted from Luk3:

#7737 1 year ago

Started my last game of the night when a sudden poo came on right as EM multiball started. I started playing recklessly to try to move end the ball fast and it just wouldn’t drain. Right as the ball ends, the next shot goes into Zeppelin MB. Continue shooting recklessly and I just can’t drain. I’m hitting every shot. Finally Zep MB comes to its natural end and the very next shot starts tour MB. Again, I just can’t drain. I’m hitting every damn shot including multiple side ramp shots. Finally after like 8 minutes, the ball goes flying straight down the middle and I make no attempt to save it. End the ball with 415 mil. as I run to the bathroom.

#7738 1 year ago

In true Shit Thunder fashion!

#7739 1 year ago

Hey guys. My right sling shot lower white LED gets dimmer and flickers at various times during the game. Not when I use the flipper just various points during the game. Should I just swap the bulb? Is there a short somewhere? Thanks in advance!!

#7740 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Hey guys. My right sling shot lower white LED gets dimmer and flickers at various times during the game. Not when I use the flipper just various points during the game. Should I just swap the bulb? Is there a short somewhere? Thanks in advance!!

Mine does that on the lower left sling. It seems to be a bad connector on mine. Wiggling the bulb will get it to stay but I also have some issues with my translite flickering when I activate both right side flippers

#7741 1 year ago

Alrighty guys...had a plastic fall off. Walking out the door. Help me out to where this goes?

IMG_5481 (resized).JPGIMG_5481 (resized).JPG

IMG_5475 (resized).JPGIMG_5475 (resized).JPG

IMG_5474 (resized).JPGIMG_5474 (resized).JPG

#7742 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Alrighty guys...had a plastic fall off. Walking out the door. Help me out to where this goes?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It goes on a bracket on the pop bumper cover behind Icarus. Prevents ball trap.

#7743 1 year ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Started my last game of the night when a sudden poo came on right as EM multiball started. I started playing recklessly to try to move end the ball fast and it just wouldn’t drain. Right as the ball ends, the next shot goes into Zeppelin MB. Continue shooting recklessly and I just can’t drain. I’m hitting every shot. Finally Zep MB comes to its natural end and the very next shot starts tour MB. Again, I just can’t drain. I’m hitting every damn shot including multiple side ramp shots. Finally after like 8 minutes, the ball goes flying straight down the middle and I make no attempt to save it. End the ball with 415 mil. as I run to the bathroom.

Username checks out

#7744 1 year ago

1400 km trip from the east coast finally home

IMG-20220507-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20220507-WA0000 (resized).jpg
#7745 1 year ago

And it's in and it's beautiful.

Going to be a good night!!

20220507_205017 (resized).jpg20220507_205017 (resized).jpg
#7746 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

And it's in and it's beautiful.
Going to be a good night!!
[quoted image]

Perfect next to RUSH. I will do the same in June.

#7747 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Perfect next to RUSH. I will do the same in June.

Awesome.. My Est 1968 twins

20220508_113728 (resized).jpg20220508_113728 (resized).jpg
#7748 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the last update changed the scoring? Ever since the update my scores have been substantially lower. Maybe I just suck lol

#7749 1 year ago

For any one interested, to give an update on the bottom right flipper...

Contacted my distributer who informed me to contact Stern parts email. Stern said I was out of warranty, less than a year (!), but got approval to send me a replacement coil. And yes, soldering was required.

Do not have replacement yet but did solder the one wire back on. Had to get the plastic tube off which I noticed seems to be on one but not the other connector on the machine on all the dual connections, not sure what that is about.

But once I got the tube off I attempted to solder it back. The whole already-soldered part on connector fell off. Then what was left successfully soldered that back on.

And it works again!

Thank you all for the help. Other than buying a Hakko 888 and the leaded solder and trying making rounds on a dead mobo real quick... Was a quick fix.

Not sure how others do it but I just lift the playfield up vertically and worked like that. Did put a cloth underneath which caught the soldered end that fell of. Was awkward but made it work.

#7750 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Alright, let's see if this works. I didn't see an option for pdf/gif, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot, rather I just dragged the file as suggested...
[quoted image]

LeMansFan This will definitely help me to adjust this feature properly. I routinely get balls stuck on the backside of the EM floor. Thanks for sharing this document.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/155?hl=blue_agave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.