IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 193.
#7651 2 years ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

OMG! The ball guide on our LZ was barely off…the 180 ramp was protruding about a 64th of an inch into the ball lane. I bent the guide slightly to the left so that it lined up perfectly with the 180 ramp. Then I bent the rail wires down slightly as suggested (only enough so that I knew I moved them). Played two games and hit that ramp 15 times and only missed it twice! I was even able to hit it following a high speed LH orbit shot twice! Between that shot and Electric Magic Frenzy…this game will never be leaving our collection! Thanks for the advice!

Looks like I really need to study my ball guide If that shot was doable 30% of the time...I'd shit myself.

#7652 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Looks like I really need to study my ball guide If that shot was doable 30% of the time...I'd shit myself.

I also had my doubts about how much of a difference a small tweak would make for that shot, but I just went ahead and added a slight downward bend of the 2 forks on the ramp itself and wow, I went from about a 2 in 10 to 7 or 8 in 10 (only counting shots where I truly think I should have made it... I'm not that great of a player). Now I wish I wouldn't have waited!

#7653 2 years ago

Hey guys. Small issue here. So my right flipper and upper flipper get stuck in the up position several times during a game when pressing the right flipper button. I’m 99% sure it’s the button itself. Never really replaced buttons before because I don’t customize but where is a good place to get a replacement? Or do I need to just adjust something with the current flipper button?

Thanks in advance!

#7654 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Hey guys. Small issue here. So my right flipper and upper flipper get stuck in the up position several times during a game when pressing the right flipper button. I’m 99% sure it’s the button itself. Never really replaced buttons before because I don’t customize but where is a good place to get a replacement? Or do I need to just adjust something with the current flipper button?
Thanks in advance!

Unlikely to be the button itself. You need to lift the playfield and test the flipper in the test menu so you can see what's happening . Assuming it's mechanical. Could be the leaf switches sticking closed.

Button itself is just plastic and pretty simple.

#7655 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Thanks in advance!

Possibly the coil stops.

#7656 2 years ago

Incoming stupid question...but for the left (middle) 180 ramp, the screws used to hold down the scoop (premium model) are pan-head screws. You mean to tell me there's ZERO interaction with the ball? The sure as hell look like the ball would touch them ever-so-slightly. I haven't shoved a ball in there because lazy, but I can't imagine changing to flats wouldn't assist in less rattling around or ball contact in some kind of way. I'm sure I'm wrong...right?

#7657 2 years ago

Thanks for the help before. It was actually the button! Swapped it and it’s been fine. But of course another issue arises…So I got to play my zep for a good chunk of time last night. I truly love this game! I was about to wrap it up but figured one more game before hitting the sack. All of a sudden I noticed a screw sitting on the playfield. I quickly ended the game and retrieved the screw. Looked all around the area it was near but didn’t see any screws missing. Also, it didn’t match any screws that are visible from the top of the playfield. I opened the game up and lifted the playfield. It matched the screws underneath it but there were none missing and obviously those would drop into the cabinet. I’m so confused as to where it could’ve come from. I’m not going to play it until I return it to where it’s supposed to go. Please help me get back to playing. I’m not scared to get in there and take things apart. Just need guidance. As always, thanks everyone! - John

1A8DC2F6-E46A-4820-BF0A-EFDD6F35DB0C (resized).jpeg1A8DC2F6-E46A-4820-BF0A-EFDD6F35DB0C (resized).jpeg77E9E6E8-956A-436E-8E92-42D36E2EC944 (resized).jpeg77E9E6E8-956A-436E-8E92-42D36E2EC944 (resized).jpeg
#7658 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Incoming stupid question...but for the left (middle) 180 ramp, the screws used to hold down the scoop (premium model) are pan-head screws. You mean to tell me there's ZERO interaction with the ball? The sure as hell look like the ball would touch them ever-so-slightly. I haven't shoved a ball in there because lazy, but I can't imagine changing to flats wouldn't assist in less rattling around or ball contact in some kind of way. I'm sure I'm wrong...right?

Cliffy makes a protector set that includes a ramp flap replacement made of carbon fiber with no screws for the inverted ramp.

#7659 2 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

Cliffy makes a protector set that includes a ramp flap replacement made of carbon fiber with no screws for the inverted ramp.

Excellent I'll check it out!

#7660 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Thanks for the help before. It was actually the button! Swapped it and it’s been fine. But of course another issue arises…So I got to play my zep for a good chunk of time last night. I truly love this game! I was about to wrap it up but figured one more game before hitting the sack. All of a sudden I noticed a screw sitting on the playfield. I quickly ended the game and retrieved the screw. Looked all around the area it was near but didn’t see any screws missing. Also, it didn’t match any screws that are visible from the top of the playfield. I opened the game up and lifted the playfield. It matched the screws underneath it but there were none missing and obviously those would drop into the cabinet. I’m so confused as to where it could’ve come from. I’m not going to play it until I return it to where it’s supposed to go. Please help me get back to playing. I’m not scared to get in there and take things apart. Just need guidance. As always, thanks everyone! - John
[quoted image][quoted image]

Was the game ever transported folded up and tilted back? That screw could have been in the cabinet and made it's way to the playfield area. Since it's a machine screw it's most likely from a mech. Not a Phillips head either so I doubt it's from a plastic. I would just save it in the coin box and continue to play the game. If it's a real problem you'll notice something else sooner or later.

#7661 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you finish 5 songs, it lights the top scoop for Mothership Multiball. I think there’s also one for finishing all the tours. Haven’t gotten to that one yet.

Hey John, World Tour is really cool and worth more than Mothership for sure. I really like how you progress through the cities and you hear the telltale "ding" just like on a flight when you arrive at the next city. I don't get to it very often since I tend to concentrate more on songs than Tours.

But still, nothing really tops EM Frenzy. It's the best part of the game. Well, for most mere mortals. Celebration Day for getting platinum on all ten songs is the cream of the crop but I think most players will only see that with the glass off. The opening scenes/animations are worth the price of admission...

#7662 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Was the game ever transported folded up and tilted back? That screw could have been in the cabinet and made it's way to the playfield area. Since it's a machine screw it's most likely from a mech. Not a Phillips head either so I doubt it's from a plastic. I would just save it in the coin box and continue to play the game. If it's a real problem you'll notice something else sooner or later.

I've lost a screw and replaced before. Definitely could be an extra that was jammed in somewhere and finally popped out.

#7663 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Guys, over the past few days I’ve scoured this thing. Can’t find a missing screw anywhere. And considering the screw is so clean, I’m guessing it was an extra stuck somewhere. I transported it from PA to NY last weekend flat in the back of my suv with back box down. My buddy and I brought it into my basement and at the end of the stairs, we were almost upright to make the turn. I’ve since played a bunch and all is well. I don’t think it’s of any concern. I saved it just in case. Thanks for the input though. You guys are wonderful

#7664 2 years ago

Working on my translite flickering issues. Can anyone help explain these directions I got from stern a bit better to me?

323D2BA6-8AFF-4569-B5BD-B0E862A5082C (resized).png323D2BA6-8AFF-4569-B5BD-B0E862A5082C (resized).png
#7665 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Working on my translite flickering issues. Can anyone help explain these directions I got from stern a bit better to me?
[quoted image]

Boards are the same, but the individual dip switch settings are different. So if you do swap them, make sure the dip switches match the highlighted sections. Address 8 and 9 are the node boards.

#7666 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

[quoted image]

Yes, swap position of boards 9 and 8. You will notice the dipswitches on your board 9 are set off/off/on/off. Set them to all off and move board to position 8. Do the opposite with the #8 board.

node locations (resized).JPGnode locations (resized).JPG
#7667 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, swap position of boards 9 and 8. You will notice the dipswitches on your board 9 are set off/off/on/off. Set them to all off and move board to position 8. Do the opposite with the #8 board.
[quoted image]

Ok that’s makes much more sense thank you so much

#7668 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Guys, over the past few days I’ve scoured this thing. Can’t find a missing screw anywhere. And considering the screw is so clean, I’m guessing it was an extra stuck somewhere. I transported it from PA to NY last weekend flat in the back of my suv with back box down. My buddy and I brought it into my basement and at the end of the stairs, we were almost upright to make the turn. I’ve since played a bunch and all is well. I don’t think it’s of any concern. I saved it just in case. Thanks for the input though. You guys are wonderful

I have a little bowl beside my pins and I keep anything that falls out (or extras) in there.

Seems like every machine I buy has a couple of screws in the bottom of the cabinet.

#7669 1 year ago

ZEPPELIN TOPPERS IN STOCK AT MARCOS. GET EM' WHILE THEIR HOT.

#7670 1 year ago

When I was at Stern, I know that Steve had a lot of big ideas for LZ but the licensing did not allow it. His Stairway to Heaven part of the game had to be eliminated. This was one of the reasons that he left Stern.

#7671 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

When I was at Stern, I know that Steve had a lot of big ideas for LZ but the licensing did not allow it. His Stairway to Heaven part of the game had to be eliminated. This was one of the reasons that he left Stern.

Dang, I’d love to hear more information on this if you could share

#7672 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I've heard Led Zeppelin is very tight with their name and what/how they license. Very odd IMO - I don't know why someone advised them to do that. Would love to hear more also!

Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I'm super tempted.

#7673 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I've heard Led Zeppelin is very tight with their name and what/how they license. Very odd IMO - I don't know why someone advised them to do that. Would love to hear more also!

I'm super tempted.

If your keeping the game it’s a must have!

#7674 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I've heard Led Zeppelin is very tight with their name and what/how they license. Very odd IMO - I don't know why someone advised them to do that. Would love to hear more also

I’d also like to know what that looked like, but in Led Zeps defense, think about what silly shit could come from licensing out music liberally. I can imagine not wanting a literal interpretation of a “stairway to heaven.” They kept tight control of everything from the get go as it was a time in music when corporate entities were all competing for their cuts of the pie from popular bands. Imagine hearing Custard Pie played in a Little Debbie’s commercial because some corporate entity makes an easy 100k for letting them have 15 seconds of that song. It would suck.

#7675 1 year ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I’d also like to know what that looked like, but in Led Zeps defense, think about what silly shit could come from licensing out music liberally. I can imagine not wanting a literal interpretation of a “stairway to heaven.” They kept tight control of everything from the get go as it was a time in music when corporate entities were all competing for their cuts of the pie from popular bands. Imagine hearing Custard Pie played in a Little Debbie’s commercial because some corporate entity makes an easy 100k for letting them have 15 seconds of that song. It would suck.

I couldn't be happier with the song selections. Do I want more songs? Of course. My biggest complaint in licensing is really the lack of good video assets. They have so much to work with and all we get is a few quick videos with tons of distortion effects on top of them.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7676 1 year ago

I think the Stairway mech being left out of the game was more of a Gary decision. That's what pissed Steve off...the lack of BOM he was being given in the latter games like SW and LZ. His last game with a packed playfield was GOT, I think. If it was licensing, that wouldn't force him to consider moving to JJP.

#7677 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I couldn't be happier with the song selections. Do I want more songs? Of course. My biggest complaint in licensing is really the lack of good video assets. They have so much to work with and all we get is a few quick videos with tons of distortion effects on top of them.

I’m fine with the video assets although why they removed the video from game over for a static Led Zeppelin text I have no idea.

What would put this game over the top is additional song for each wizard mode or at the very minimum something for the final ? Wizard mode. These modes should have unique music only heard if achieved.

Game is really good as is but this would take it to another level.

#7678 1 year ago

It would be cool if there was an award for hitting the ball out of the electric frenzy and thru the middle ramp.

#7679 1 year ago

Looking for some help please.

After not being an issue for several months, my Electric Magic is giving me problems again.

A few games ago I'd gotten EM multi ball and it raised up, when the mode was finished it attempted to go back down under the playfield and something wasn't happy and it kept going up and down, up and down, until it just stayed up. After that game it seemed like it was happy again as I played a couple games with it acting normal. Now the last game I played it did the same up and down thing and then came to rest in a position halfway.

I've entered diagnostics, and have gone to electric magic motor test. I'm trying to move it to switch 70 or 71, but when I go back and forth on the red buttons nothing happens. I'm not an expert on these types of things, so any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#7680 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Looking for some help please.
After not being an issue for several months, my Electric Magic is giving me problems again.
A few games ago I'd gotten EM multi ball and it raised up, when the mode was finished it attempted to go back down under the playfield and something wasn't happy and it kept going up and down, up and down, until it just stayed up. After that game it seemed like it was happy again as I played a couple games with it acting normal. Now the last game I played it did the same up and down thing and then came to rest in a position halfway.
I've entered diagnostics, and have gone to electric magic motor test. I'm trying to move it to switch 70 or 71, but when I go back and forth on the red buttons nothing happens. I'm not an expert on these types of things, so any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Door interlock switch. Pull it out.

#7681 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Door interlock switch. Pull it out.

Okay, thank you. I just figured out that's why it wasn't letting me do anything. Now I can get the mech to move, but when it tries to go down to the flush position it stops short of doing it and just does the up and down thing. Says to check switch 71, but I don't really know what that means or how to do it. I've got my nut driver and screw driver to make the adjustment, and I can kinda figure out how to adjust so that it sits flush, but can't figure out what's stopping it from going all the way down or how to fix it.

Never mind, figured it out. Needed to adjust the plastic piece again. Strange how it was all good and then reverted back to having a problem.

#7682 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Okay, thank you. I just figured out that's why it wasn't letting me do anything. Now I can get the mech to move, but when it tries to go down to the flush position it stops short of doing it and just does the up and down thing. Says to check switch 71, but I don't really know what that means or how to do it. I've got my nut driver and screw driver to make the adjustment, and I can kinda figure out how to adjust so that it sits flush, but can't figure out what's stopping it from going all the way down or how to fix it.
Never mind, figured it out. Needed to adjust the plastic piece again. Strange how it was all good and then reverted back to having a problem.

I'm at about 1200 games on our premium. I also have to periodically align the top cover as well. If it feels resistance going down, it will just raise back up again. I suppose it's somewhat normal to have to tweak it once in a while as it's being bombarded by steel balls!

#7683 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

I'm at about 1200 games on our premium. I also have to periodically align the top cover as well. If it feels resistance going down, it will just raise back up again. I suppose it's somewhat normal to have to tweak it once in a while as it's being bombarded by steel balls!

Fair enough, it is a lot to ask.

Just chalk this up towards a tiny bit more confidence in working on my machines. Happy that I got over my fear of "making it worse by trying to fix it", and went ahead and got the tools out and took the glass off and went for it. Now that I've done it once I can do it again if need be. Also gave me the opportunity to check on the 1 ¾" rubber at the ZEP target bank. Holy moly, that thing was on life support! Just a thread holding it together, glad I'd ordered a couple replacements already.

#7684 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

It would be cool if there was an award for hitting the ball out of the electric frenzy and thru the middle ramp.

You get fuzzy feels in your heart. That's not good enough?

Quoted from LeMansFan:

Fair enough, it is a lot to ask.
Just chalk this up towards a tiny bit more confidence in working on my machines. Happy that I got over my fear of "making it worse by trying to fix it", and went ahead and got the tools out and took the glass off and went for it. Now that I've done it once I can do it again if need be. Also gave me the opportunity to check on the 1 ¾" rubber at the ZEP target bank. Holy moly, that thing was on life support! Just a thread holding it together, glad I'd ordered a couple replacements already.

Yeah like 30 games in and mine was severed. I hip up Stern and they were awesome. Sent me a whole pack. They must know lol.

#7685 1 year ago

Just got the call my topper has finally arrived!

#7686 1 year ago
Quoted from number_runner:

Nice. Who’d you order from. I’m patiently awaiting mine. Hoping to get it very soon.

#7687 1 year ago
Quoted from number_runner:

Congrats!! Need pictures / video

#7688 1 year ago

Can someone please tell me what the callout actually is? "Back bloody uncle? Something like this.

#7689 1 year ago
Quoted from tsinger873:

Can someone please tell me what the callout actually is? "Back bloody uncle? Something like this.

“Back for the Encore”

#7690 1 year ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Nice. Who’d you order from. I’m patiently awaiting mine. Hoping to get it very soon.

Game Exchange of Colorado

#7691 1 year ago

Not a bad look, even with the midday sun. Hopefully get a better picture @ night

625E3A3D-80F4-403E-9043-7561328C0386 (resized).jpeg625E3A3D-80F4-403E-9043-7561328C0386 (resized).jpeg
#7692 1 year ago

Finally got my topper.

The lights move around and the lights on the back work, but the light in each spot light do not turn on.

Is that normal? Do the spotlights only light up during an event or should they be lit all the time during play?

Do recall the generic install booklet showing only two connections to the board, but there is a third connecter from the topper which I left hanging. Not sure if extra or goes some where.

Sadly no instruction manual or anything noting the expected behavior.... If anyone knows how the topper should work would be great.

#7693 1 year ago

You need to plug in the third connector, you’ll see a spot on the small node board on the bottom right hand side where it’s supposed to be plugged into
Spotlights will work for sure, all the time

#7694 1 year ago

Good to know, thank you, was thinking that plug should go some where. Will try after work.

Second question -- I can literally hear the spotlights move. Is that right?

Fedex guy dropped the box on porch, could hear the drop from upstairs despite the box having all these fragile labels. Feel hyper critical about topper if damaged at all mechanically.

#7695 1 year ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Good to know, thank you, was thinking that plug should go some where. Will try after work.
Second question -- I can literally hear the spotlights move. Is that right?
Fedex guy dropped the box on porch, could hear the drop from upstairs despite the box having all these fragile labels. Feel hyper critical about topper if damaged at all mechanically.

Yea my spotlights are pretty loud

#7696 1 year ago

yes, you can hear the spotlights move - Nothing to be concerned about.

#7697 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Just got mine woohoo!

#7698 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Yea my spotlights are pretty loud

Not sure if I like that..

#7699 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Not sure if I like that..

Turn up the volume

#7700 1 year ago

Spotlight motors are pretty loud, they move around consistently (even in attract mode)
You can go into the settings and adjust the frequency in which they move (or switch movement off altogether)
I personally thought the topper was cool, but I sold it as the offer I got was too good to refuse
Furthermore, I needed to go back and chase toppers for my other machines, as I need to have uniformity (OCD I know)
Just on the noise levels of the topper, it did bother me somewhat, as many times I like to turn my machines on (not too play, just enjoy looking at them) have a few drinks, listen to some tunes, and the noise from the topper just ruins the ambience
To that end, I’ve disposed of all of Sterns shitty noisy fans and replaced them pinmonks beauties
The near silence is golden, time to crack open a drink, put on some Kiss tunes and turn on, but not play my pinball machines, good times
Afterall, theme is all that matters, not gameplay jokes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/154?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.