IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 193.
#7551 2 years ago

Minor code update today. Says March 10 but email about this just went out a few minutes ago.

LE V1.15 - March 10, 2022
==========================
Moved to System 3.10
- Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the
open position.

#7552 2 years ago
Quoted from rimmeym:

They look awesome and glad that you like them. They are now available on our Pinside Shop at the below link.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1337-inscribed-solutions/05902-led-zeppelin-pop-bumper-replacement-covers

These bumper caps look fantastic and I’d be all over them normally, but international postage of $40 (the same price as the caps themselves) seems amazingly high for three lightweight pieces of flat plastic which presumably can be safely packed into one very small package?

#7553 2 years ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

I have a LZ Prem an interested in picking up an LE backglass. Is that an option or do I have to work out a trade with an LE owner (which seems unlikely)?

I had a few people ask me to sell mine after I mentioned a few pages back I swapped out my LE glass for a Pro translite, but as I told them, I'm worried it would be tougher to sell this down the line if I wanted to w/o the original glass.

#7554 2 years ago

Anyone make a full plastic protector set? I know the 4 piece sets are out there. However the speed of this game will be hell on plastics over time. It would be nice to have a whole set.

#7555 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Anyone make a full plastic protector set? I know the 4 piece sets are out there. However the speed of this game will be hell on plastics over time. It would be nice to have a whole set.

Have look at the CLiP sets, they are nice. ( Mezelmods ).

#7556 2 years ago

Updated my code last night and on start up is showed V1.05 !? Going to redownload it tonight and try again. Anyone else see this ??

#7557 2 years ago

Like it better than the standard rails that come on the premium. Vein powder coating is a lot easier to keep clean.

739EC99E-8E3B-4738-8DCC-C61FB2878B4C (resized).jpeg739EC99E-8E3B-4738-8DCC-C61FB2878B4C (resized).jpeg

#7558 2 years ago

Non-owner posting on behalf of a friend (please bear with me I don't really know the game)...

On his game, the "Electric Magic spinner box" seems to be going up and down randomly. It will pop up at the beginning of a ball, then go down, and then up and down randomly.

He says when its supposed to be raised above the playfield, and you hit the spinner, and then there appears on the LCD screen a meter and goes down and you need to make the hits before it expires. When this random up/down action occurs with the mechanism, there is no meter displayed. This kind of tells me that the software doesn't know to a degree the Electric Magic is raised... but it does award points if you hit the spinner so there is recognition that this event is occurring.

So the motor must be good if the mechanism raises and lowers... Is there some sort of opto electronics that might be out of alignment to cause this behavior? Or something else...?

TIA

#7559 2 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Non-owner posting on behalf of a friend (please bear with me I don't really know the game)...
On his game, the "Electric Magic spinner box" seems to be going up and down randomly. It will pop up at the beginning of a ball, then go down, and then up and down randomly.
He says when its supposed to be raised above the playfield, and you hit the spinner, and then there appears on the LCD screen a meter and goes down and you need to make the hits before it expires. When this random up/down action occurs with the mechanism, there is no meter displayed. This kind of tells me that the software doesn't know to a degree the Electric Magic is raised... but it does award points if you hit the spinner so there is recognition that this event is occurring.
So the motor must be good if the mechanism raises and lowers... Is there some sort of opto electronics that might be out of alignment to cause this behavior? Or something else...?
TIA

He should check the "up" and "down" state switches under the playfield to see if they're registering correctly. He can test the motor in the menu for up and down states to see if they're registering correctly. Chances are that one of them isn't gapped correctly or is somehow out of whack.

Answering for a friend.

#7560 2 years ago

Has anyone come across an issue where certain inserts will become significantly less bright during gameplay? My friend has a premium, and his left in lane, Outlane, and ball saver insert will all get super dim at times during gameplay. Other times they are as bright as can be, and they look fine during the LED test.

#7561 2 years ago

Have him reseat the connectors to the LED board for those inserts. I had a similar problem on my Rush Premium, and that fixed it.

#7562 2 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

TIA

Probably the spinner is out of whack, making the opto sense there is a ball there.

#7563 2 years ago

Okay, thx for the replies. Next time I'm in front of the game (later this week) I'll check out the suggestions

#7564 2 years ago

Picked up a Pro and I will be making the missing wireform and scoop shortly as a mod for sale. My work can be seen at Loganpinball.com. I will create its own topic when I get there.

Very basic scoop in progress.

B2D9EDF2-8D1A-4384-9391-6ACD7CD4E55D (resized).jpegB2D9EDF2-8D1A-4384-9391-6ACD7CD4E55D (resized).jpeg

FF0E0EA4-1013-4B9A-9304-D97026F19443 (resized).jpegFF0E0EA4-1013-4B9A-9304-D97026F19443 (resized).jpegD616CD2B-E8E7-473F-8D96-15775C15F594 (resized).jpegD616CD2B-E8E7-473F-8D96-15775C15F594 (resized).jpeg
#7565 2 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Picked up a Pro and I will be making the missing wireform and scoop shortly as a mod for sale. My work can be seen at Loganpinball.com. I will create its own topic when I get there.
Very basic scoop in progress.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool! You have done some really interesting work on the other machines I have seen so far. This will be cool to watch too!

#7566 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Very cool! You have done some really interesting work on the other machines I have seen so far. This will be cool to watch too!

Thanks. Started on scoop. I will create topic tonight.

96DA8DFE-6422-47FA-ABE9-8A34DF9EFEE8 (resized).jpeg96DA8DFE-6422-47FA-ABE9-8A34DF9EFEE8 (resized).jpegED27010D-9E66-442A-A4C2-9CF395B1E948 (resized).jpegED27010D-9E66-442A-A4C2-9CF395B1E948 (resized).jpegFEC5D94C-15FF-4903-82EB-A19EA152B28B (resized).jpegFEC5D94C-15FF-4903-82EB-A19EA152B28B (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7567 2 years ago

anyone have a link to the specific ring sizes if I want to replace all of mine on my LZ? Looking to go Super Bands. thanks

#7568 2 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

anyone have a link to the specific ring sizes if I want to replace all of mine on my LZ? Looking to go Super Bands. thanks

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/LedZeppelin_Pro_web.pdf

I changed out two rubbers that kept breaking with super bands and it helped quite a bit.

#7569 2 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5758

#7570 2 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Thanks. Started on scoop. I will create topic tonight.

Very interested to see how this turns out. Good luck!

#7571 2 years ago

Great Idea. One of my favorite shots in pinball. Well worth the effort!

#7572 2 years ago

Really one of the most underrated titles in recent memory. I’ve played most every recent title out there from most manufacturers at this point (except multimorphic) and this one still blows me away with how good it plays. There could definitely be some improvements (callouts/video assets seem very basic for such a great license) but overall I think it’s one of Richies more solid shooters that he’s done. Everyone that’s come over to play from beginners to experienced just loves the hell out of it, myself included.

Still having some issues with my translite backlighting flicking on and off but Stern has been working hard to figure it out. So far I’ve replaced main board, power supply unit and the power distributor board. If I didn’t know anything about repairing pins, the last few weeks have been a crash course!

Anyways been awhile since I’ve posted and just wanted to fanboy a bit! Got to go to the silver ball museum in Delray last week and just made me realize how much I enjoy LZ. Also found out I really want a high speed 2! That game was epic.

2C0FA1BD-E2D6-4684-917B-8E40E414967E (resized).jpeg2C0FA1BD-E2D6-4684-917B-8E40E414967E (resized).jpeg
#7573 2 years ago

I absolutely 2nd the sentiment. This title keeps getting my consistent attention. Only a few titles have gotten me to get down low and really start slapping the flippers and this takes that spot. The friggin' house could be on fire and I'm in the headspace of playing this title and THAT's why we pinball.

#7574 2 years ago

I agree. The game gets nonstop play in my house. I couldn't be happier with it. Im considering buying the shooter rod. However, that dam thing is expensive!

#7575 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I agree. The game gets nonstop play in my house. I couldn't be happier with it. Im considering buying the shooter rod. However, that dam thing is expensive!

I have the shooter rod and to be honest, I almost wish I had gotten this one.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p227/Led-Zeppelin-Shooter-Rod-Assembly-Kit.html

#7576 2 years ago

I also agree with LZ being a super underrated gem. I got a mando premium and LZ premium the same day, the mando premium is now gone and LZ is still here.Last week I got a maiden and I feel it pairs well with LZ. I think Dad rock pins are the future of my collection.

#7577 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I also agree with LZ being a super underrated gem. I got a mando premium and LZ premium the same day, the mando premium is now gone and LZ is still here.Last week I got a maiden and I feel it pairs well with LZ. I think Dad rock pins are the future of my collection.

Agree 100%
1751FA5F-E1D6-4EAC-AB1D-792716B16204 (resized).jpeg1751FA5F-E1D6-4EAC-AB1D-792716B16204 (resized).jpegAEBD0996-2217-474C-A069-1BEFC7E8B414 (resized).jpegAEBD0996-2217-474C-A069-1BEFC7E8B414 (resized).jpeg

#7578 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Agree 100%

Looks awesome! How are you enjoying Rush? I am not the biggest rush fan, but I do enjoy some of there songs and the layout looks fun to me.

#7579 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Agree 100%

Trifecta of Rock awesomeness

#7580 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Looks awesome! How are you enjoying Rush? I am not the biggest rush fan, but I do enjoy some of there songs and the layout looks fun to me.

Rush is my favorite pin right now ,if you like music or pinball I reccommend it.
Led zeppelin is here to stay.

#7581 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Agree 100%

I love IM, another great one!

#7582 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Trifecta of Rock awesomeness

where did you buy your rubber rings at ?was it a kit ?anyone go with other than black ? thanks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7583 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

where did you buy your rubber rings at ?was it a kit ?anyone go with other than black ? thanks

I did red slings and flippers. Tried blue but red is better.

#7584 2 years ago

I was talking to a friend who owns LZ and we were saying that it seems like LZ has one of the best ever wizard modes - Celebration Day.

Great, except it takes so long to get there and so few players are going to experience its magnificence.

Is the code done?

If not, 2 suggestions.

1. Celebration as a challenge mode?

2. Tour MB's seem to have less purpose than other games? How about every super jackpot you get a gold record?

This provides more incentive to play the MB's ie an extra reward, and would make it less time to get to Celebration?

I haven't played the game enough, but thats what we thought after a session on the game!

#7585 2 years ago

#7586 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I was talking to a friend who owns LZ and we were saying that it seems like LZ has one of the best ever wizard modes - Celebration Day.
Great, except it takes so long to get there and so few players are going to experience its magnificence.
Is the code done?
If not, 2 suggestions.
2. Tour MB's seem to have less purpose than other games? How about every super jackpot you get a gold record?
This provides more incentive to play the MB's ie an extra reward, and would make it less time to get to Celebration?
I haven't played the game enough, but thats what we thought after a session on the game!

The whole point of a Wizard mode is that it’s hard to get. That’s what people want these days: a game so “deep” they’ll never see the end. If games don’t have a mode like that these days, people get pissed.

If celebration day were “easier” to get, people would just demand another “wizard mode” that’s harder to achieve. This game already HAS a couple easier “wizard modes,” world tour and top of the charts.

It must be murder designing games these days. You simply can’t make everybody happy and they always want more.

It took me about 7 years to FINALLY get End of the Line on Metallica. It’s good to have something that keeps you coming back. If it’s that important for someone to “see” celebration Day without earning it, well, just take off the glass and make it happen.

#7587 2 years ago

Is the code done?
If not, 2 suggestions.

Tours have a two fold purpose. First, they are used to progress in the songs by having more balls in play. Secondly, Tours have their own wizard mode called World Tour, which includes the opportunity to earn another extra ball.

#7588 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The whole point of a Wizard mode is that it’s hard to get. That’s what people want these days: a game so “deep” they’ll never see the end. If games don’t have a mode like that these days, people get pissed.
If celebration day were “easier” to get, people would just demand another “wizard mode” that’s harder to achieve. This game already HAS a couple easier “wizard modes,” world tour and top of the charts.
It must be murder designing games these days. You simply can’t make everybody happy and they always want more.
It took me about 7 years to FINALLY get End of the Line on Metallica. It’s good to have something that keeps you coming back. If it’s that important for someone to “see” celebration Day without earning it, well, just take off the glass and make it happen.

Yeah, it's a fine balance to get right balance to satisfy different players abilities.

I haven't played this game enough to know the nuances, so was just throwing out some ideas.

Will say that it is an outstanding game, and the multiplier rules alone make every game different and compelling.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Tours have a two fold purpose. First, they are used to progress in the songs by having more balls in play. Secondly, Tours have their own wizard mode called World Tour, which includes the opportunity to earn another extra ball.

Ok, that makes more sense, thanks.

Now I just need to figure out if I prefer this or Rush!

#7589 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe I should have asked what is the sweet spot to get to THE wizard mode for games in general?

30, 40, 50, 60 minutes?

I am kind of in the 30-40 min bracket.

#7590 2 years ago

Maybe I should have asked what is the sweet spot to get to THE wizard mode for games in general?
30, 40, 50, 60 minutes?
I am kind of in the 30-40 min bracket.

I would agree with your assessment !

Only the truly best players on the planet are going to get the final wizard mode on games like Zep or Metallica without extra balls.

I've done both on factory settings, probably with 3 extra balls on each.

#7591 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I did translucent rubbers, blue posts on the playfield and orange on the EM. Titan is the main supplier of rubbers and the manual has all the sizes you need. I think LZ doesn't really use many.

#7592 2 years ago

Wizard Mod for apron / Stern IC … anyone have interest in this? I’m going to go a different route. Listed on eBay for 31.12

458656E3-F4CF-4084-808A-48430FFB283A (resized).jpeg458656E3-F4CF-4084-808A-48430FFB283A (resized).jpeg6133B1AE-DE2E-4866-8A9A-F1D2DA5AFFCC (resized).jpeg6133B1AE-DE2E-4866-8A9A-F1D2DA5AFFCC (resized).jpeg9BA6F650-71B2-4D76-990E-18FB77D41A5C (resized).jpeg9BA6F650-71B2-4D76-990E-18FB77D41A5C (resized).jpegE4F77A55-40E8-43FE-AE75-9CF563662014 (resized).jpegE4F77A55-40E8-43FE-AE75-9CF563662014 (resized).jpeg
#7593 2 years ago

Another winner from Inscribed solutions

B3D8173E-AA59-45B5-B1EE-10908D838A77 (resized).jpegB3D8173E-AA59-45B5-B1EE-10908D838A77 (resized).jpeg
#7594 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

[quoted image]

Ohh man....
Just ordered the QR door mount.
Bummer, this would have been great, been waiting. But now I would have to cut hole and destroy the good art.

#7595 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ohh man....
Just ordered the QR door mount.
Bummer, this would have been great, been waiting. But now I would have to cut hole and destroy the good art.

he may be able to do something for this instance as he has versions for the headphone jack - reach out.

#7596 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

[quoted image]

Looks Good! Being from Tampa, love that they have the infamous 1977 Tampa show printed on the top.

#7597 2 years ago

Anyone ever experience an issue with their shaker motor? Mine operated fine but as of last night when it’s initiated it sounds like there’s like a spinning disc or something.

#7598 2 years ago

Does anyone else have problems with the right ramp? Any adjustments people have made to make the shot not reject so much at the top curve of the ramp?

#7599 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Does anyone else have problems with the right ramp? Any adjustments people have made to make the shot not reject so much at the top curve of the ramp?

it's a tough shot and you have to hit it cleanly. the center shot is much harder to hit. I think the adjustments were detailed in this thread somewhere, but you have to bend the prongs slightly I believe. Maybe someone else can recall it.

#7600 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Anyone ever experience an issue with their shaker motor? Mine operated fine but as of last night when it’s initiated it sounds like there’s like a spinning disc or something.

Have you take a look under the shaker cover? I would check the weights and set screws.

Quoted from judremy:

Vitty made a really nice post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/140#post-6683939

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, KS
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/152?hl=blue_agave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.