20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 194.
#7501 2 years ago

Played some more LZ on location recently.

I can see why people dismiss it on first glance, due to relative emptiness of playfield.

But, it is so much fun to play and the multiplier rules are incredible.

I had one or two games I was not progressing at all, so focused on combos and got the Icarus up to around 30.

When I accidentally triggered it, the scores I was awarded were HUGE!

No other game offers the chance to blow a game up in this way.

I am probably going to pick one up as the Icarus rules mean the game will stay fresh for a long time.

How high can you get the Icarus?

What a great challenge.

#7502 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Anyone know if LZ Toppers will be made again?
Paid full price for one some number of months ago and totally forgot until I saw the post about the alternative topper.
Starting to think paying for one was a mistake as don't know if can be refunded.

Where is the alternative topper posted? I am also waiting for a topper that was ordered a while back. They will come eventually.

#7503 2 years ago

3-parter if you don’t mind:

A) Do you normally play with lights out or on?
2) If on, do you recommend getting the HD playfield glass to reduce glare?
D) Does the LZ LE come with the HD glass? I didn’t see it listed as being a difference compared to the Pro/Premium

I find myself playing with the lights on but have recess lights so had to move it a few feet to reduce glare.

#7504 2 years ago

I have a LE, it comes with HD glass. I play more with lights on than off. I’ve started adding anti glare glass to my other games. It does make a big difference.

#7505 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

A) Do you normally play with lights out or on?
2) If on, do you recommend getting the HD playfield glass to reduce glare?
D) Does the LZ LE come with the HD glass? I didn’t see it listed as being a difference compared to the Pro/Premium

A) Lights off!
2) It makes a bigger difference when lights in the room create glare, but I still really like having anti-reflection glass on my games
D) It does include it, and the feature matrix says so.

#7506 2 years ago

Ugh, ok thanks. Guess it’s time to get my eyes checked again as I don’t notice a big difference from the glass on my LE to say, the glass on my TMNT Pro. Could be due to the fact that it was right under a recess light so I’m sure that didn’t help.

#7507 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Ugh, ok thanks. Guess it’s time to get my eyes checked again as I don’t notice a big difference from the glass on my LE to say, the glass on my TMNT Pro. Could be due to the fact that it was right under a recess light so I’m sure that didn’t help.

Lights off for me and I turn down the brightness of my backbox lights during gameplay.

#7508 2 years ago

Agreed turn down the backbox brightness and it looks better without glare

#7509 2 years ago
Quoted from BruketFans:

We international buyers also want to be able to order the mod
Please, make it happen

Quoted from BruketFans:

We international buyers also want to be able to order the mod
Please, make it happen

Hi @bruketfans!
Happy to ship internationally if you are willing to pay the full shipping cost. Let me know location and I can calculate a shipping cost.

Thanks!
Inscribed Solutions

#7510 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Agreed turn down the backbox brightness and it looks better without glare

Is there a specific setting you recommend?

#7511 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I use 60 %

#7512 2 years ago

I like 60%. I do have the alternative translite tho

Quoted from briyau15:

#7513 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I like 60%. I do have the alternative translite tho

same here

#7514 2 years ago
D124C2FB-3D52-4299-8374-9A9477118539 (resized).jpegD124C2FB-3D52-4299-8374-9A9477118539 (resized).jpeg
#7515 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Anyone know if LZ Toppers will be made again?
Paid full price for one some number of months ago and totally forgot until I saw the post about the alternative topper.
Starting to think paying for one was a mistake as don't know if can be refunded.

I paid for one in Mar 2021, 11 months later I finally received it in Feb 2022. I suspect there is a huge backlot of orders to fulfil...

#7516 2 years ago

Does anyone have the Pro code that will work on Pinball Browser that is willing to share (maybe 1.05)? Helping someone change up some of the songs. Thanks for your help!

#7517 2 years ago

LEFT EJECT LOUD KNOCK SOLVED.

I have a NIB LZ PREM opened last Friday. Looked for posts to permafix this...nothing. Took matters into my own hands and thankfully I had a similar issue with the right upper flipper on IM that was next to the rail. The stubby screws that sit near the rail sometimes sit ON the rail and it sounds like someone hits the side of your cab with a hammer. Although you could bend the bracket inwards (which you should do as it solved the lane-knock from coming straight on to the guide from the eject...now it comes kicked in slightly which follows the lane guide) it didn't help completely as the bracket will still shimmy to the left with the small amount of play throughout nudging resting BACK on the round-head screw. Keep in mind these tolerences are TIGHT. Why stern doesn't augment this with a flathead is beyond me. So...I took matters into my own hands and ground down the top of the head a couple MM to flat. I shit you not...you can't even hear it come out it's so soft. 100% to 5% sound. Oh...and I did add a couple of o-rings to the base of the shaft (which by the way is oddly hollow) so I needed 3 to give me just a few mm of dampening. Every sound that thing could make is gone.

It was driving me bananas.

2022-03-07 12_59_48-Window (resized).png2022-03-07 12_59_48-Window (resized).png

IMG_5051 (resized).JPGIMG_5051 (resized).JPG

IMG_5050 (resized).JPGIMG_5050 (resized).JPG

#7518 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

LEFT EJECT LOUD KNOCK SOLVED.
I have a NIB LZ PREM opened last Friday. Looked for posts to permafix this...nothing. Took matters into my own hands and thankfully I had a similar issue with the right upper flipper on IM that was next to the rail. The stubby screws that sit near the rail sometimes sit ON the rail and it sounds like someone hits the side of your cab with a hammer. Although you could bend the bracket inwards (which you should do as it solved the lane-knock from coming straight on to the guide from the eject...now it comes kicked in slightly which follows the lane guide) it didn't help completely as the bracket will still shimmy to the left with the small amount of play throughout nudging resting BACK on the round-head screw. Keep in mind these tolerences are TIGHT. Why stern doesn't augment this with a flathead is beyond me. So...I took matters into my own hands and ground down the top of the head a couple MM to flat. I shit you not...you can't even hear it come out it's so soft. 100% to 5% sound. Oh...and I did add a couple of o-rings to the base of the shaft (which by the way is oddly hollow) so I needed 3 to give me just a few mm of dampening. Every sound that thing could make is gone.
It was driving me bananas.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I dunno why but I kinda like that clunk sound.

#7519 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I dunno why but I kinda like that clunk sound.

You're not the first I've heard this from. Y'all be crazy as I can't hear that and not think something is amiss.

#7520 2 years ago

Did they remove the concert footage clip after game end with this update?

#7521 2 years ago

Anyone want to trade your LE backglass for my Prem backglass + cash? Seems boring that the cab art and backglass are the same on both models. Not a fan of the LZ 3 Pro art however.

#7522 2 years ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Anyone want to trade your LE backglass for my Prem backglass + cash? Seems boring that the cab art and backglass are the same on both models. Not a fan of the LZ 3 Pro art however.

PM Pinstein, his translites beat all of them:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/99#post-6338386

#7523 2 years ago

Love the alternate translites. I have one in my game from day 1.

#7524 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Love the alternate translites. I have one in my game from day 1.

Yeah, I usually hate alternate translites but all of these are great.

#7525 2 years ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

Possibly the best mod for Led Zeppelin ever? I was tired of so many Icarus's. I contacted a pinside shop, @InscribedSolutions and asked them to use three classic concert posters to make new pop bumper covers. Wow, what a difference! Colors are cool, and looks way more inspired than the repetitive original. What does everyone think?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

man, i just got mine...that was a no brainer! Killer look and design, nice job. The Stern ones are SO UGLY!

#7526 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

man, i just got mine...that was a no brainer! Killer look and design, nice job. The Stern ones are SO UGLY!

yea mine are showing up today - will look great as the originals are kinda boring.

#7527 2 years ago

Yep - they are badass. Highly recommended.

5A5EE093-9BEC-4043-ADB8-7FD5ED839621 (resized).jpeg5A5EE093-9BEC-4043-ADB8-7FD5ED839621 (resized).jpeg

#7528 2 years ago

Ball 1. I drink. This shouldn't happen as I'm not this good...and it did. Not sure if I'm proud or disappointed.

IMG_5074 (resized).JPGIMG_5074 (resized).JPG

#7529 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yep - they are badass. Highly recommended.
[quoted image]

They look great! Received mine yesterday, hope to get them installed tonight. Looks to be a simple process.

#7530 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

They look great! Received mine yesterday, hope to get them installed tonight. Looks to be a simple process.

yep - unscrew 2 screws - take off cap - put on new cap - screw back in.

#7531 2 years ago

Have some on order for my game!

#7532 2 years ago

I purchased a pack of Bonham drumsticks and black long magnets and have one stick and a set of magnets left over. Anyone interested? 20$+shipping and they are yours.

2022-03-11 03_45_00-Photos (resized).png2022-03-11 03_45_00-Photos (resized).png

#7533 2 years ago

Use them both !!

3EC00A5E-6DA6-4ABD-A917-7C27D7E7D164 (resized).jpeg3EC00A5E-6DA6-4ABD-A917-7C27D7E7D164 (resized).jpegA2BCD43B-5A97-4C2B-AC19-B2B4210C802D (resized).jpegA2BCD43B-5A97-4C2B-AC19-B2B4210C802D (resized).jpegA5F71D58-3EFC-4C5B-AC4A-01FB5C4BFD1B (resized).jpegA5F71D58-3EFC-4C5B-AC4A-01FB5C4BFD1B (resized).jpeg
#7534 2 years ago

I have a LZ Prem an interested in picking up an LE backglass. Is that an option or do I have to work out a trade with an LE owner (which seems unlikely)?

#7535 2 years ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

I have a LZ Prem an interested in picking up an LE backglass. Is that an option or do I have to work out a trade with an LE owner (which seems unlikely)?

This is as close as you are going to get. Not unless you can find a good high quality image of the LE online somewhere and then have it printed privately. I did that with the Rush LE backglass and it looks great. The LE backglass is real glass, not a translite so unlikely someone would sell it separately. Also, you need a different frame for it as it is thicker than the regular translite.

ebay.com link: itm

#7536 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This is as close as you are going to get. Not unless you can find a good high quality image of the LE online somewhere and then have it printed privately. I did that with the Rush LE backglass and it looks great. The LE backglass is real glass, not a translite so unlikely someone would sell it separately. Also, you need a different frame for it as it is thicker than the regular translite.
ebay.com link: itm

Makes sense. Thanks!

#7537 2 years ago

This is for my future reference, but anyone else can use the details if they want:

How to change jukebox song names on Led Zeppelin:

Scene #5 - Letters not available (J/Q/X/Y/Z), also various capital letters are not available.

Drill down to final 'Elements' then scroll down to after 'unnamed instance 176 to the song choice. Then drill down to song text box to make change. See previous comment about letter restrictions. Also cannot exceed max letters depending on the song name being changed. Each word is separated by '|'.

Can try to insert a custom letter under 'Glyph' but does not always work.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7538 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This is for my future reference, but anyone else can use the details if they want:
How to change jukebox song names on Led Zeppelin:
Scene #5 - Letters not available (J/Q/X/Y/Z), also various capital letters are not available.
Drill down to final 'Elements' then scroll down to after 'unnamed instance 176 to the song choice. Then drill down to song text box to make change. See previous comment about letter restrictions. Also cannot exceed max letters depending on the song name being changed. Each word is separated by '|'.
Can try to insert a custom letter under 'Glyph' but does not always work.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Can we add songs to jukebox mode yet?

#7539 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Can we add songs to jukebox mode yet?

No, just existing songs. I don't think that will ever be possible.

#7540 2 years ago

Lock bar acting different! LZ Premium. Bar stopped flashing green at start game. But does light white to shoot ball. Also doesn’t seem to light much during game play ( like green for bonus etc ) but again back to white to shoot a ball. Any tips to help check what’s going on? Thanks !!!

#7541 2 years ago

I’m sure this would be very difficult. But, imagine If we could buy a new backboard with a built in small display to show song names, and be able to have 25 songs on it. Dreaming I know. I wouldn’t even care if multiple songs shared the same rule set.

#7542 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Lock bar acting different! LZ Premium. Bar stopped flashing green at start game. But does light white to shoot ball. Also doesn’t seem to light much during game play ( like green for bonus etc ) but again back to white to shoot a ball. Any tips to help check what’s going on? Thanks !!!

The light is one of those small rbgw boards. I would check the wiring to it first and trace it back to see if it's a connection issue.

#7543 2 years ago

just an fyi for led zeppelin pin owners
I've started a thread for a concert ticket magnet that works for all of the concert pins. this was original created for rush tickets but I've expanded to make concert tickets for iron maiden, led zeppelin and aerosmith

just about everything can be customized on the ticket including ticket color, date, sec-row-seat, venue, presentor, price, ticket no.
led zeppelin sample (resized).pngled zeppelin sample (resized).png

more details can be found here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-backbox-concert-ticket-cover-up

#7544 2 years ago

I recently added a Polk PSW10 subwoofer to my LZ Pro. I already had the PinWoofer set up with the GT amplifier (highly recommended!) so I reached out to them for advice on the cleanest, most efficient way to incorporate the additional subwoofer into my existing system. Dan PinWoofer quickly responded, recommending the BBU (Bass Boost Unit). Though it cost a little more than alternatives it looked to be the cleanest, most controllable, way to integrate the subwoofer into my system.

Install is simple and the performance is excellent.

Dan has gone above and beyond with the quickest response time in the industry to my noob questions. (Including responding instantly, on a Sunday, to a question that I later realized was already answered in the documentation he had previously provided me with). I can’t say enough positive things about Dan, Pinwoofer, and their products. From the moment I ordered the BBU, through quick shipment, good packaging, installation assistance and guidance, settings advice, and finally, outstanding performance, this is a great way to improve the sound on your Pin! I highly recommend it!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-bass-boost-unit/

#7545 2 years ago
Quoted from rimmeym:

They look awesome and glad that you like them. They are now available on our Pinside Shop at the below link.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1337-inscribed-solutions/05902-led-zeppelin-pop-bumper-replacement-covers

Add me to the club. Just added them in over the weekend and really adds to the overall look of the playfield! Also, high quality, well packaged, and speedy delivery! Thanks @InscribedSolutions !

#7546 2 years ago

Mine arrive today!

Quoted from Mapalot:

Add me to the club. Just added them in over the weekend and really adds to the overall look of the playfield! Also, high quality, well packaged, and speedy delivery! Thanks @InscribedSolutions !

#7547 2 years ago

Got mine installed over the weekend. Looks Awesome!
D067A5AB-9219-418C-8FD8-503E49E9629F (resized).jpegD067A5AB-9219-418C-8FD8-503E49E9629F (resized).jpeg

#7548 2 years ago

3rd and final product pitch of the day for me;

Just added in the Stern Insider Connect. I did not like the intrusive design of the apron display on the unit provided by Stern so I opted for Gotfrogs METAL STERN INSIDER CONNECTED QR CODE READER COIN DOOR MOUNT.

Quick delivery and great packaging. Simple install and an elegant alternative to a less obtrusive QR reader on the machine.

Thanks GOTFROGS!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

#7549 2 years ago

Guys...anyone use the Icarus Spotlight from Mezelmods? The wires route behind the ZEP drop targets and you can already tell why I'm posting this. They jam up. Any reroute or fix other than stripping the sleeving down?

#7550 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Guys...anyone use the Icarus Spotlight from Mezelmods? The wires route behind the ZEP drop targets and you can already tell why I'm posting this. They jam up. Any reroute or fix other than stripping the sleeving down?

That’s our mod sold through Mezelmods. You will be able to feed the wires down along the side of the target on the end without affecting the target movement. There is plenty of room there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/151?hl=blue_agave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.