20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,658 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 194.
#7451 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Even though I just bought this pin for MSRP (the new MSRP) I just can't bring myself to pay $849 for a topper. So I did this:[quoted image]

I can dig it.

IMG_1909 (resized).jpgIMG_1909 (resized).jpg
#7452 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

My Zep won't boot. It has been giving me boot up or freeze problems for a while, so the shitwinds were already blowing. Seems to be a bad SD card given that the VA and VNB don't light on the Spike 2 board, nor does it go past that point. And the service port gets power as I plugged some light strip in there just to see. I reseated the card and pretty much everything else on the board about half a dozen times, no dice. So, time to burn a new SD card with the image and hope that does it. According to Stern's pdf on how to burn a new SD card, "it is recommended you use the same SD Card brand, size, and part number that was provided with your pinball machine."
OK, no problem. But...
[quoted image]
What is that exactly? SDHC I... 16gb? 32? It doesn't list the class on it either, but the pdf says to go with class 10. Any idea if the Zep SDs are 16gb or 32? Or they could even be 8gb as the image file is just under 8gb when extracted and is called led_zeppelin_le-1_12_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw. I put the card in my Windows computer and it shows up as 7.97mb (not gb), so that's no help.
TL;DR: Anyone know what size the Zep SD card is, or would it matter if I burned the image to a larger sized SD card? Thanks.

If Stern says to use the same brand/part number then they are saying nonsense.
I use name brand 16GB cards for all of my machines. I like Sandisk. I think that Stern uses 8GB. I used these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013CP3RLS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

When new software comes available, I don't upgrade. I burn the new image. Before swapping, I put in a USB memory stick. Export settings. Then I swap in the new card, boot up and then import the settings.

Also, the card on your Windows machine shows 7.97MB because that image will have a number of partitions. You are only seeing one.

#7453 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

If Stern says to use the same brand/part number then they are saying nonsense.
I use name brand 16GB cards for all of my machines. I like Sandisk. I think that Stern uses 8GB. I used these:
amazon.com link »
When new software comes available, I don't upgrade. I burn the new image. Before swapping, I put in a USB memory stick. Export settings. Then I swap in the new card, boot up and then import the settings.
Also, the card on your Windows machine shows 7.97MB because that image will have a number of partitions. You are only seeing one.

Makes sense. I really wanted to get this sorted tomorrow and finding a 16gb SD card in the stores is hard enough, but 8gb is impossible. Think I'll grab a 16gb from Best Buy tomorrow and then order some of the ones you recommended as backup, thanks for your help.

#7454 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Makes sense. I really wanted to get this sorted tomorrow and finding a 16gb SD card in the stores is hard enough, but 8gb is impossible. Think I'll grab a 16gb from Best Buy tomorrow and then order some of the ones you recommended as backup, thanks for your help.

16gb is fine, I use these when I swap out music on my Spike 2 games with PB.

#7455 2 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a set of the drop target decals? I've been experimenting with different clear drop targets and I've had to remove/reapply mine so many times that they look a little ragged.

Thanks,

#7456 2 years ago

Burned the image on a 32GB card because that was all I could find locally, and it didn't work. So I reseated it, and it didn't work. And I reseated it and every connection again as a hail mary pass and it worked. Go figure. Maybe something wonky about the SD reader slot, or a connection into the Spike 2 board. Not exactly feeling confident it'll be 100% from here on out, but whatever, it's on for now.

The whole reason I turned it on last night was to quickly see how the Pro translite worked laid over top of the LE backglass. And lol, yeah, a compete jumble mess. Too much bleed through since the Pro translite is mostly white. Looks like Marco sells modern Stern-sized backglasses. Gotta have that LZIII artwork, one of the best covers ever.

#7457 2 years ago

There has been some talk about turning the spinner around on the Electric Magic spinner. I had some issues with mine and tried it both ways and still have some issues with it not being straight down during gameplay. I wanted to put it back to the way it was originally designed but I cant remember which way is correct.

Can someone post a close up picture of their EM spinner so I can try and adjust mine.

Thanks
Ed

#7458 2 years ago

I bought these. They are good quality. I wanted them to use on transparent targets. Where did you get the transparent drop targets? I dont have those yet?

ebay.com link: itm

Mike

Quoted from dinot:

Does anyone know where I can get a set of the drop target decals? I've been experimenting with different clear drop targets and I've had to remove/reapply mine so many times that they look a little ragged.
Thanks,

#7459 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I bought these. They are good quality. I wanted them to use on transparent targets. Where did you get the transparent drop targets? I dont have those yet?
ebay.com link: itm
Mike

MIke,

I saw those on eBay but I actually am not nuts about them. I love to mod my games but I like the original decals more than those.

Thanks.

#7460 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

There has been some talk about turning the spinner around on the Electric Magic spinner. I had some issues with mine and tried it both ways and still have some issues with it not being straight down during gameplay. I wanted to put it back to the way it was originally designed but I cant remember which way is correct.
Can someone post a close up picture of their EM spinner so I can try and adjust mine.
Thanks
Ed

Not sure if this angle is good enough. I went to take off the glass to get a better angle for you to discover that a cup holder I put on a pin opposite LZ last week is now blocking the LZ glass from coming off. What I did when I got this machine last spring was take the spinner mech top plastic off and bend the two metal arms that hold the spinner inward slightly with pliers. Haven't had a problem since.

lz spinner.jpglz spinner.jpg

#7461 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Burned the image on a 32GB card because that was all I could find locally, and it didn't work. So I reseated it, and it didn't work. And I reseated it and every connection again as a hail mary pass and it worked. Go figure. Maybe something wonky about the SD reader slot, or a connection into the Spike 2 board. Not exactly feeling confident it'll be 100% from here on out, but whatever, it's on for now.
The whole reason I turned it on last night was to quickly see how the Pro translite worked laid over top of the LE backglass. And lol, yeah, a compete jumble mess. Too much bleed through since the Pro translite is mostly white. Looks like Marco sells modern Stern-sized backglasses. Gotta have that LZIII artwork, one of the best covers ever.

So I recently installed external audio controllers on my Sterns. So far I haven't had an issue with LZ but my STh and Mando have been doing this reboot cycling thing. I unplugged the new audio controller and the games boot fine. Pinball life is working to understand the issue. Anyway, not sure if you installed these too but thought I'd share. I went through 3 new SD card burns before figuring it out

#7462 2 years ago

Wow just ordered and installed a pinwoofer system. Easy install and I can’t believe how much it changed the sound in Zeppelin.

#7463 2 years ago
Quoted from ukengineer:

Wow just ordered and installed a pinwoofer system. Easy install and I can’t believe how much it changed the sound in Zeppelin.

Probably the cleanest sound of any pinwoofer I've installed

#7464 2 years ago

Pinwoofer set up on the way… going SUB with the Rush LE … but how is it the ‘both’ JB sicks fit perfectly?!?!

47F7C03A-DC8B-48E8-B408-36B6CF201B5E (resized).jpeg47F7C03A-DC8B-48E8-B408-36B6CF201B5E (resized).jpeg

#7465 2 years ago

New zeppelin code 1.14

#7466 2 years ago

Fixed:

- Fixed an issue where World Tour multiball would not carry over the player's
progress when it was started a second time in a game. Additionally, starting
a subsequent World Tour Multiball will progress the player to the next city
they were traveling to when the previous World Tour multiball ended.

- Fixed an issue that prevented the player from playing another Mothership
multiball after they had reached ? multiball.

Moved to System 3.08

- Updated to nodeboard firmeware/protocol v0.84.0

- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name
and green check mark with Verified Location if the machine is registered to a
pro account.

#7467 2 years ago

Does updating code change your settings? Thanks

#7468 2 years ago

no - not that I am aware of.

#7469 2 years ago

New code seems to have a more dramatic light show with the expression lighting. I like it!

#7470 2 years ago

1st game on the new code...over 1.7 Billion, new GC!

#7471 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Not sure if this angle is good enough

That’s perfect! Thanks for taking the picture. I will try bending the arms as well and hope that I can get it sitting like yours is.

Regards
Ed

#7472 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

New code seems to have a more dramatic light show with the expression lighting. I like it!

Interesting….the read me file states nothing about about an ES enhancement. Very cool! Looking forward to this as I love what they’re doing with the ES system in RUSH.

#7473 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Interesting….the read me file states nothing about about an ES enhancement. Very cool! Looking forward to this as I love what they’re doing with the ES system in RUSH.

I may be mistaken. I may just have played a different mode and noticed the lights were different. The pattern was something I had not seen before. It was dramatic to me.

#7474 2 years ago

No worries....LZ has progressed nicely!

#7475 2 years ago

Sample side rail for my premium. Thoughts?

8F37B30B-57AA-44DA-8E0E-9B98E9EF29E3 (resized).jpeg8F37B30B-57AA-44DA-8E0E-9B98E9EF29E3 (resized).jpegBCB31BE2-FCC3-4800-963D-5DA84583730D (resized).jpegBCB31BE2-FCC3-4800-963D-5DA84583730D (resized).jpeg
#7476 2 years ago

That's the first powder coated version I've seen that I like for LZ. Very Tasteful.

#7477 2 years ago

It looks great! I like it!

Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image][quoted image]

#7478 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I like that look but I guess I don't feel like it matches the theme that well, seems like there are some other pins it would go with better.

#7479 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Heck Yes

#7480 2 years ago

I prefer vein powder coating now, I hate spending all that money to see finger prints all over the lockdown bar, etc. I plan to get it done this week and the full Stern LZ sideblades. Will post pictures when done. I think any premium deserves powdercoating

#7481 2 years ago

Anyone notice on 1.14 some minor video asset changes? For example my high score display screens now have a different background. Wondering if there is anything else new?

#7482 2 years ago

Is the Electric Magic supposed to hold the ball with the magnet when it lowers? Mine releases the ball once it lowers down and then comes back up and drops it to the player. This happens about 90% of the time.

#7483 2 years ago

Does anyone have a length and circumference (at the center) of the Zeppelin? I am not at my friend's place and was looking to 3D print something similar for myself.

Thanks!

#7484 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Is the Electric Magic supposed to hold the ball with the magnet when it lowers? Mine releases the ball once it lowers down and then comes back up and drops it to the player. This happens about 90% of the time.

Go into switch test and check all your optos in the EM, and raise and lower the EM to see if the up/down switches are registering. You may need to adjust something.

#7485 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Does anyone have a length and circumference (at the center) of the Zeppelin? I am not at my friend's place and was looking to 3D print something similar for myself.
Thanks!

Not yet but I would try this: I believe it is probably about the same circumference as a Campbell's soup can. You could test this by buying a can of soup, remove the top and the bottom of the can with a can opener, pouring the soup into a bowl, and heat up the soup in a microwave or on the stovetop, and then eat the soup. Or skip making and eating the soup and clean out the soup can with water and dry it thoroughly. Take the zeppelin toy off of the pinball machine, and try to stick the zeppelin into the soup can to test to see if they are the same circumference. If it is a perfect fit, measure the circumference of the soup can and then you will know the circumference of the zeppelin. If you get a can of chicken noodle (pretty common) I would recommend getting some Saltine style crackers and crumbling up about 4 or 5 crackers into the soup after you heat it up and before you eat it.

#7487 2 years ago

Any major differences to the new code? I will install later today on mine.

#7488 2 years ago

Just joined the club and having a blast! She’s perfect. My one question to y’all is what do you have your left eject set at? If I have it at stock (100) it clears the front edge into the scoop, but slams into the ‘x’ into the pic and makes a loud thud. I’ve taken it down to 65 and it softly ejects but I’m almost sure it catches the front lip. So what did y’all set the power at?

04418598-E01F-4F68-8F9C-64CF72DA0F91 (resized).jpeg04418598-E01F-4F68-8F9C-64CF72DA0F91 (resized).jpeg

#7489 2 years ago

Put the pro/LZIII translite and speaker grill cover on my LE and really like how it came out. The light blue rails and molding match the LZIII art well. The gold tint on the LE backglass is cool but this just feels more classic Led Zeppelin to me.

led zep pro translite.jpgled zep pro translite.jpg

#7490 2 years ago

hi folks,
anyone know if the spinner fix kit has a part number? I'm fed up having to fix this damn thing every week and I understand the new spinner kit makes this less of a chore?

Neil.

#7491 2 years ago

Possibly the best mod for Led Zeppelin ever? I was tired of so many Icarus's. I contacted a pinside shop, @InscribedSolutions and asked them to use three classic concert posters to make new pop bumper covers. Wow, what a difference! Colors are cool, and looks way more inspired than the repetitive original. What does everyone think?

PXL_20220305_182617792.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220305_182617792.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220305_182723812 (resized).jpgPXL_20220305_182723812 (resized).jpgPXL_20220305_182846224.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220305_182846224.MP (resized).jpg
#7492 2 years ago

That’s badass! I’m interested….

#7493 2 years ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

Possibly the best mod for Led Zeppelin ever? I was tired of so many Icarus's. I contacted a pinside shop, @InscribedSolutions and asked them to use three classic concert posters to make new pop bumper covers. Wow, what a difference! Colors are cool, and looks way more inspired than the repetitive original. What does everyone think?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look awesome and glad that you like them. They are now available on our Pinside Shop at the below link.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1337-inscribed-solutions/05902-led-zeppelin-pop-bumper-replacement-covers

#7494 2 years ago
Quoted from rimmeym:

They look awesome and glad that you like them. They are now available on our Pinside Shop at the below link.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1337-inscribed-solutions/05902-led-zeppelin-pop-bumper-replacement-covers

They do look awesome! Just placed an order.

#7495 2 years ago
Quoted from HopBeard:Possibly the best mod for Led Zeppelin ever? I was tired of so many Icarus's. I contacted a pinside shop, @InscribedSolutions and asked them to use three classic concert posters to make new pop bumper covers. Wow, what a difference! Colors are cool, and looks way more inspired than the repetitive original. What does everyone think?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m ordering, looks great!

#7496 2 years ago

I really like those new pop bumper caps but I really like the originals also. There is a bit too much Icarus, especially in the LE, but that nice red color in the pop bumpers make them stand out. I’ve thought about changing them to the drum caps but there is nothing else on the machine that looks like an instrument so I’m hesitant as its a bit off theme.

#7497 2 years ago

Anyone know if LZ Toppers will be made again?

Paid full price for one some number of months ago and totally forgot until I saw the post about the alternative topper.

Starting to think paying for one was a mistake as don't know if can be refunded.

#7498 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Paid full price for one some number of months ago and totally forgot until I saw the post about the alternative topper.
Starting to think paying for one was a mistake as don't know if can be refunded.

Paid for one in August, inquired in October and was told they still plan to make them but parts shortages were an issue. Was thinking about possibly contacting Stern directly.

#7499 2 years ago
Quoted from rimmeym:

We international buyers also want to be able to order the mod
Please, make it happen

#7500 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

As someone with one also ordered months ago, I'm wondering why are you doubting if you can get a refund?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,658 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/150?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.