20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 194.
#7151 2 years ago

What are you using on the LZ under the legs to protect the carpet?

#7152 2 years ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

What are you using on the LZ under the legs to protect the carpet?

I usually use rubber feet on top of sliders.

#7153 2 years ago

Played a pro on location and got Zeppelin MB.

Red shots for jackpots.

MB ended and back to single ball, but red jackpots remained lit and could collect?

Just wondering if this is normal?

It was fun, but seemed a little strange!

#7154 2 years ago

Just the rotating lights went out on my topper…they still move, just don’t light up. I checked the plugs to make sure everything was seated…any ideas? Thanks

#7155 2 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Just joined today.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

Quoted from wyopin:

Just the rotating lights went out on my topper…they still move, just don’t light up. I checked the plugs to make sure everything was seated…any ideas? Thanks

My cable on my right light was split just on the inside, wiggle the wires and see if it comes back if So loose connection. Stern sent me one replacement cable but I haven't soldered it on and just electrical taped it back for now. Hasn't messed up since.

#7156 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Red shots for jackpots.
MB ended and back to single ball, but red jackpots remained lit and could collect?

No. My first guess is that a ball got stuck somewhere and multiball continued. I've had this happen in the past. Typically a shake of the machine with get my ball out of the stuck spot, but who knows about how machines are set up on location. When your ball drained, did the ball end or did it continue as if a ball was still in play?

#7157 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Vitty's Definitive Led Zeppelin Ramp Adjustments
Here are the adjustments I made to this game to get the ramps to shoot as smooth as butter. Make these and enjoy a brand new game![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Everyone should do this. Makes the game shoot like buttah! Thanks so much for posting.

#7158 2 years ago

Can someone tell me how the Electric Magic should be leveled? I leveled it in the up position, but after I lock a ball in it, it grabs the ball with the magnet, goes down, comes back up, and then releases the ball and tells me to shoot the left scoop to release it.

#7159 2 years ago

Red shots for jackpots.

I have noticed the same thing occasionally after Tour MBs since the last code update. Bug? New coded feature? Anyone else notice this?

#7160 2 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

I have noticed the same thing occasionally after Tour MBs since the last code update. Bug? New coded feature? Anyone else notice this?

I initially thought there might be a stuck ball. Nope.

As soon as I lost single ball, game ended.

While in the single ball I collected multiple jackpots and one super. No sign of it finishing.

Wish I had noted what song it was in - maybe it's a song that triggers it?

Next time I visit I will see if I can get game to do it again, and at least note the song playing.

#7161 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Can someone tell me how the Electric Magic should be leveled? I leveled it in the up position, but after I lock a ball in it, it grabs the ball with the magnet, goes down, comes back up, and then releases the ball and tells me to shoot the left scoop to release it.

If you want to send me a PM with your email address I can send you a document I received from Stern on how to properly level the EM mechanism. I’ve shared it with many others on this thread already.

The problem you’re having though sounds to me likely the bug on the code that was just before the current one (I can’t recall which rev we’re up to now). Are you running the latest code?

#7162 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

If you want to send me a PM with your email address I can send you a document I received from Stern on how to properly level the EM mechanism. I’ve shared it with many others on this thread already.
The problem you’re having though sounds to me likely the bug on the code that was just before the current one (I can’t recall which rev we’re up to now). Are you running the latest code?

You can attached PDF files to pinside threads if you want to do that. In the add images drop down box you can select pdf/gif.

#7163 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

No. My first guess is that a ball got stuck somewhere and multiball continued. I've had this happen in the past. Typically a shake of the machine with get my ball out of the stuck spot, but who knows about how machines are set up on location. When your ball drained, did the ball end or did it continue as if a ball was still in play?

Thinking about it, only place I didn't check was the shooter lane - I do remember on another game having an endless MB only to see a ball in the shooter lane. Guess that might be a possibility.

#7164 2 years ago

Thinking about it, only place I didn't check was the shooter lane - I do remember on another game having an endless MB only to see a ball in the shooter lane. Guess that might be a possibility.

on the premium, hitting the crossover ramp a time or two during a MB will result in the jackpot shots staying lit after the MB ends and yer down to one ball. not positive, but i think it's a timed thing -- the jackpot shots stay lit longer the more times the crossover shot is ripped. perhaps the pro has similar code and it's the hermit target that does the same thing as the crossover shot.

#7165 2 years ago
Quoted from TraitMocks:

on the premium, hitting the crossover ramp a time or two during a MB will result in the jackpot shots staying lit after the MB ends and yer down to one ball. not positive, but i think it's a timed thing -- the jackpot shots stay lit longer the more times the crossover shot is ripped. perhaps the pro has similar code and it's the hermit target that does the same thing as the crossover shot.

That's cool if true. Gonna try hitting that a bunch of times during multiball.

#7166 2 years ago

Red arrows outside of multiball indicate “super ramps” - activated by hitting 4 side ramp / side targets. While super ramps is active song mode shots at the ramps are doubled

#7167 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

You can attached PDF files to pinside threads if you want to do that. In the add images drop down box you can select pdf/gif.

Alright, let's see if this works. I didn't see an option for pdf/gif, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot, rather I just dragged the file as suggested...

Electro Magic Adjustment.pdfElectro Magic Adjustment.pdf
#7168 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Alright, let's see if this works. I didn't see an option for pdf/gif, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot, rather I just dragged the file as suggested...
[quoted image]

Looks great!

#7169 2 years ago

I

Quoted from LeMansFan:

[quoted image]

That worked. You have to tap it and open it to see all 9 pages.

#7170 2 years ago

How do you make this electric magic adjustments guide a key post? Seems like it should be one .

#7171 2 years ago

On the Pro, I see Stern has added material or some changes to the side blade areas for the interactive lighting (if you decide to upgrade). Can regular side blades be installed and this material removed? Thanks for the help.

#7172 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

How do you make this electric magic adjustments guide a key post? Seems like it should be one .

Done!!

#7173 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

On the Pro, I see Stern has added material or some changes to the side blade areas for the interactive lighting (if you decide to upgrade). Can regular side blades be installed and this material removed? Thanks for the help.

I can't see how they would be flat with the lip there from the removable part of the cab.

#7174 2 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Red arrows outside of multiball indicate “super ramps” - activated by hitting 4 side ramp / side targets. While super ramps is active song mode shots at the ramps are doubled

Thanks for the explanation!

#7175 2 years ago

Not sure if anyone has posted photos of the Electric Magic taken apart? If you want to swap out the rubbers and posts.

210FE2DE-271C-4C10-98A1-5F3E774F747F (resized).jpeg210FE2DE-271C-4C10-98A1-5F3E774F747F (resized).jpeg474DA045-C667-40A4-A078-EF1EB7F30EE2 (resized).jpeg474DA045-C667-40A4-A078-EF1EB7F30EE2 (resized).jpegC00FDDE1-0FAD-4FB2-ABAE-276CA366E196 (resized).jpegC00FDDE1-0FAD-4FB2-ABAE-276CA366E196 (resized).jpeg
#7176 2 years ago

I have an issue. I was messing with the game last night switching out some Titan rubbers and I messed with the settings a bit. The left eject is now not launching the ball how I would like it to. Is there a setting for left eject strength? Is there any reason why it might not be ejecting differently or with less strength.

#7177 2 years ago

I have an issue. I was messing with the game last night switching out some Titan rubbers and I messed with the settings a bit. The left eject is now not launching the ball how I would like it to. Is there a setting for left eject strength? Is there any reason why it might not be ejecting differently or with less strength.

Yes, the adjustment is in the LZ game menu. Here’s a pic from mine.

3828475A-9F08-475A-88B9-48939316342C (resized).jpeg3828475A-9F08-475A-88B9-48939316342C (resized).jpeg
#7178 2 years ago

Can someone post a couple pics of the Electric Magic from under the playfield including all switches and optos? Thanks!

#7179 2 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Yes, the adjustment is in the LZ game menu. Here’s a pic from mine.[quoted image]

Thanks for the help. I forgot to level the machine after I tightened the legs. That’s what was making it play funny.

#7180 2 years ago

What do you recommend for lubing the spinner?

Sorry for the posts asking for help as I keep finding little tweaks to make. After 4 months, and having the spinner set up correctly (I believe) the spinner has begun staying horizontal. I imagine that it might just need a little lube to move more freely.

#7181 2 years ago

What do you recommend for lubing the spinner?
Sorry for the posts asking for help as I keep finding little tweaks to make. After 4 months, and having the spinner set up correctly (I believe) the spinner has begun staying horizontal. I imagine that it might just need a little lube to move more freely.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DM8JK2G/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_D4022SH8N3XWPBQT96DY

#7182 2 years ago

I put a drop on a q-tip and touch it on. Not much is needed, this bottle will last you 200 years
Check the spinner arms, if old style spinner they should be at 45° angles

#7183 2 years ago

Cracked #22 plastic the other day after about 10,000 plays. I have a replacement on order but was wondering how to protect it going forward without buying an entire plastic protector set. I already have the Cointaker protectors for the lanes and slings but I don't think a protector is necessary for every piece.

FD86225D-717D-4815-9949-C72606677B05 (resized).jpegFD86225D-717D-4815-9949-C72606677B05 (resized).jpeg
#7184 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Cracked #22 plastic the other day after about 10,000 plays. I have a replacement on order but was wondering how to protect it going forward without buying an entire plastic protector set. I already have the Cointaker protectors for the lanes and slings but I don't think a protector is necessary for every piece.[quoted image]

a set of yellow/orange convulux plastic protectors looks great on this pin

#7185 2 years ago

Are the insider connected achievements for LZ additional modes that are integrated into code?

#7186 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are the insider connected achievements for LZ additional modes that are integrated into code?

If its like scorbit, which seems similar it is recording things you do on the machine and adding it to your account.

#7187 2 years ago

In case you missed the stream last night, Eric Stone blew up the Batcave Pinball’s Led Zeppelin L.E. Last night with a new G.C. Score of just over 186 Billion points. Billion with a B. It’s a great watch. Enjoy!
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1282893965

#7188 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

In case you missed the stream last night, Eric Stone blew up the Batcave Pinball’s Led Zeppelin L.E. Last night with a new G.C. Score of just over 186 Billion points. Billion with a B. It’s a great watch. Enjoy!

Thats just nuts....

#7189 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Thats just nuts....

186 billion more than me.Thats it im going to read the rules.

#7190 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

[quoted image]

Thanks

#7191 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Watched this as LZ still on my list, as it seems hugely underrated to me.

124 billion for one shot! Highest individual shot score ever?

Icarus was acting strange though - does it always take 5 good hits to activate as it did here?

What Eric did is something only the top players can pull off though?

All platinum, and then build up huge multiplier to cash in.

I didn't realise you can simply focus on combos to build up Icarus to use whenever you want to.

Is there anything other than Celebration Day, that you can use a big multiplier to get a ton of points at an intro anywhere?

Love the fact that multiplier has no limit - gives players of all abilities to pull off something amazing

Strangely feeling more pull to this game, than GZ which was top of my list!

#7192 2 years ago

That score is insane. Just installed the IC last night and gotta say it’s pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing what type of achievements they add for LZ.

73F7D435-AB3C-42AA-8655-B57B479355B4 (resized).jpeg73F7D435-AB3C-42AA-8655-B57B479355B4 (resized).jpeg
#7193 2 years ago

I have a question…
Why is the Rush pin way more hyped than the LZ? Is it really that much better of a pin? GNR coming out around the same time definitely hurt it but shouldn’t people be coming around to it by now? It’s a awesome pin. I haven’t played all the rock pins but I think it’s better than Metallica

#7194 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I have a question…
Why is the Rush pin way more hyped than the LZ? Is it really that much better of a pin? GNR coming out around the same time definitely hurt it but shouldn’t people be coming around to it by now? It’s a awesome pin. I haven’t played all the rock pins but I think it’s better than Metallica

I wasn't too impressed with GnR. Metallica and IM are a lot of fun. Haven't played Rush yet. Zeppelin was launched at a weird time I suppose and people expected something else (more toys? Better art?), Not sure what but it got hate immediately on the launch trailer before people even played it. It's a sleeper hit for sure. Easily in my top 5 pins but Zeppelin is also the greatest rock band to ever Grace the planet so it's got that going for it.

#7195 2 years ago

Just looking for some affirmation.....if I love Stern Star Wars (the flow, the speed), I am guessing that I will love LZ Prem?

I've only had a few games on an LZ Prem and I liked it. (If the pro had the upper ramp, I'd go for that one instead). But, I also had a few games on a JP Pro and liked it. A few months back I was deciding between the two. I bought JP Pro and now I regret it as I don't like it. (Looking to trade it towards an LZ Prem) This might be heresy to some, but it seems like Elwin games aren't my cup of tea. (Felt the same way about Lawlor pins back in the WMS/Bally heyday)

#7196 2 years ago

Why did you not like the JP pro? I’m thinking about getting a JP but will probably settle on a pro instead of premium.
The home pin makes getting a pro a little more complicated too

#7197 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Just looking for some affirmation.....if I love Stern Star Wars (the flow, the speed), I am guessing that I will love LZ Prem?
I've only had a few games on an LZ Prem and I liked it. (If the pro had the upper ramp, I'd go for that one instead). But, I also had a few games on a JP Pro and liked it. A few months back I was deciding between the two. I bought JP Pro and now I regret it as I don't like it. (Looking to trade it towards an LZ Prem) This might be heresy to some, but it seems like Elwin games aren't my cup of tea. (Felt the same way about Lawlor pins back in the WMS/Bally heyday)

Totally agree with you but afraid to make those kind of comments around here. If you don’t like Elwin it is like heresy. However I’ve come to learn I’m more of a Steve Ritchie guy and don’t particularly like Lawlor or Elwin pins. Ritchie’s flow is amazing and his ramps and orbits are so damn fast and satisfying. And Ritchie games feel like you are in a battle against the machine. Lawlor and Elwin pins just feel safer and even though it is pleasant to see the ball go around in circles and criss cross over the playfield on their ramps, they lose speed. Ritchie is speed. Played a Led Zeppelin Pro because it was the only game I hadn’t played at a location. Just got off a Godzilla Pro and didn’t get those amazing vibes that everyone talks about. Three games on Led Zeppelin and my heart was racing and my face had an ear to ear grin. For a week I couldn’t stop thinking about those three games on LZ Pro. Now making a deal for a Premium. Long live the true king!

#7198 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

Why did you not like the JP pro? I’m thinking about getting a JP but will probably settle on a pro instead of premium.
The home pin makes getting a pro a little more complicated too

Mostly the rules. Same reason I don't like AIQ. Rules are complicated and the game is very difficult.
I actually like the shots on JP. I prefer games where I can learn the rules in a few minutes. Of my current lineup that includes:

Iron Man
Stranger Things
TMNT
Star Wars (Probably the most complicated of the above, but still simple enough for my liking)

I also have Mando Prem and I am not 100% sold on that one yet. I've loved every Eddy pin (MM, AFM and Stranger Things)

#7199 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Totally agree with you but afraid to make those kind of comments around here. If you don’t like Elwin it is like heresy. However I’ve come to learn I’m more of a Steve Ritchie guy and don’t particularly like Lawlor or Elwin pins. Ritchie’s flow is amazing and his ramps and orbits are so damn fast and satisfying. And Ritchie games feel like you are in a battle against the machine. Lawlor and Elwin pins just feel safer and even though it is pleasant to see the ball go around in circles and criss cross over the playfield on their ramps, they lose speed. Ritchie is speed. Played a Led Zeppelin Pro because it was the only game I hadn’t played at a location. Just got off a Godzilla Pro and didn’t get those amazing vibes that everyone talks about. Three games on Led Zeppelin and my heart was racing and my face had an ear to ear grin. For a week I couldn’t stop thinking about those three games on LZ Pro. Now making a deal for a Premium. Long live the true king!

Yeah, his games just aren't for me. I don't have the time to dedicate to playing. I might play a few games per day. Whenever I've played AIQ, I have no idea what the heck I am supposed to be doing. I do miss the ease of rules from the 90's. Love the modern pins so I am never going back.

I was very active in the hobby from 2001-2012. I went through a ton of games. (ToM, MM, STTNG, etc...) I took a break in 2012 until 2021. I sold all of my WMS pins and bought Stern SAM (for their reliability) since kids came along and free time was gone. I got back in big time last year. (5 new pins) So I revisited and read reviews on Pinside and a lot of people were crapping on LZ and Star Wars. Calling it an empty PF, blah, blah blah....(Same thing people were saying about Iron Man at first) Scared me off a bit, but I still got Star Wars and I just love the shots/flow.

#7200 2 years ago

The Pro is what most people judge games by. The pro for Rush is actually pretty good whereas IMO the pro on Zep is really hobbled by having no EM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/144?hl=blue_agave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.