IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 191.
#7051 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

Does LZ have a jukebox mode?

Yes. And a timed multiball game.

#7052 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

Does LZ have a jukebox mode?

Sure does!

#7053 2 years ago

I just want to drop this thought here: I ordered a Rush LE, as did my friend. We both have LZLE. I was playing it tonight and had such a great time that I texted him to say that Rush is going to have a tough time beating the magic of LZ when you really get that cooking. He agreed.

The astonishing thing is that people in the Rush thread still use LZ to compare to as being a complete travesty of a game. To those people: You were wrong last year, you're wrong now, and you'll always be wrong. Less crap on the playfield does NOT equal more fun. It's a simple, underrated game, and a hell of a lot of fun.

There. I feel much better now.

#7054 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just want to drop this thought here: I ordered a Rush LE, as did my friend. We both have LZLE. I was playing it tonight and had such a great time that I texted him to say that Rush is going to have a tough time beating the magic of LZ when you really get that cooking. He agreed.
The astonishing thing is that people in the Rush thread still use LZ to compare to as being a complete travesty of a game. To those people: You were wrong last year, you're wrong now, and you'll always be wrong. Less crap on the playfield does NOT equal more fun. It's a simple, underrated game, and a hell of a lot of fun.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b8317c1f88de771c82998061e7a1a12c48117b22-1641701127-1800"};
//]]>

Damn right. Have the buddies over right now and we’ve been playing LZ for hours as we do on most weekends. Great game - never gets old.

#7055 2 years ago

LZ has a ton of stuff. The shots up the middle and right are just further back than other titles so folks say it's empty. Premium has four ramps, two scoops, three flippers, Two spinners, three drops, three pops, a motorized mech with magnet lock, Icarus leaper, and full cabinet mounted RGB lighting. That's a pretty good list of stuff crammed in.

#7056 2 years ago

My biggest problem with LZ is I can’t stop playing it and the other games are feeling neglected.

#7057 2 years ago

So NIB premiums are now 9K?

#7058 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

So NIB premiums are now 9K?

Yes when they are built again, but rumor has it none will be built in 2022.

#7059 2 years ago

Quoted from thekaiser82:My biggest problem with LZ is I can’t stop playing it and the other games are feeling neglected.

I only step away from LZ to play Godzilla and I only step away from Godzilla to play LZ

#7060 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

LZ has a ton of stuff. The shots up the middle and right are just further back than other titles so folks say it's empty. Premium has four ramps, two scoops, three flippers, Two spinners, three drops, three pops, a motorized mech with magnet lock, Icarus leaper, and full cabinet mounted RGB lighting. That's a pretty good list of stuff crammed in.

I agree 100%. When people say it’s empty I always think what are you talking about. I also think since the shots are at the back it can come off as difficult to some. My wife hates LZ but loved our Munsters, and loves our mando. She finds it difficult. LZ is the only game I know that will never leave.

#7061 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

I only step away from LZ to play Godzilla and I only step away from Godzilla to play LZ

That sounds like a perfect arrangement!

#7062 2 years ago

I get that prices are kinda crazy but someone is trying to sell a LZ topper on eBay for $4,500?! Pinball is bonkers right now.

#7063 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:Yes when they are built again, but rumor has it none will be built in 2022.

When I ordered my RUSH LE, I heard the same thing. Stern will not produce any LZ machines in 2022. I also heard that BM66 is done and there is a good chance that Iron Maiden & Guardians of the Galaxy will not be produced again either.

#7064 2 years ago

Hey, remember a year ago when all those GNR assholes were absolutely destroying LZ and saying what a piece of shit it was? Here we are, a year later, and only one LZLE is for sale and it's NIB (two others just went sale pending). If you want to feel vindicated, run a search on the marketplace to see how many GNRs are for sale now--and be prepared to scroll. Talk about the bubble bursting...

#7065 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, remember a year ago when all those GNR assholes were absolutely destroying LZ and saying what a piece of shit it was? Here we are, a year later, and only one LZLE is for sale and it's NIB (two others just went sale pending). If you want to feel vindicated, run a search on the marketplace to see how many GNRs are for sale now--and be prepared to scroll. Talk about the bubble bursting...

I have both with about 900 games played on LZ and 550 on GnR. I want to love GnR but so far LZ is more fun for me.

#7066 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I have both with about 900 games played on LZ and 550 on GnR. I want to love GnR but so far LZ is more fun for me.

I have both as well. I play LZ more but I like GnR more.....GnR kicks my ass...... it takes the life out of me when I play it. Its a struggle to have a really good long game. LZ is a great flowing fun game. I could have a decent game without trying to hard. If someone would mod a ball lock under the blimp and program it I'd be happy.

#7067 2 years ago

Have both LZ and GNR and both are awesome for different reasons.

#7068 2 years ago

A struggle to have a really long game on GnR? Really?

#7069 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I have both as well. I play LZ more but I like GnR more.....GnR kicks my ass...... it takes the life out of me when I play it. Its a struggle to have a really good long game. LZ is a great flowing fun game. I could have a decent game without trying to hard. If someone would mod a ball lock under the blimp and program it I'd be happy.

100% do not want a ball lock under blimp. Love flowing three shots to start the multiball during a mode. What i WOULD like is for the blimp to move every time i hit that shot. like...up and down or something. i'm sure someone far smarter than me could figure out a switch to make the blimp do like...the worm or something

#7070 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

A struggle to have a really long game on GnR? Really?

with you on this lol, i feel like i have the longest games but i get bored. the shots just don't...flow? i like the game, wouldn't buy it, but definitely like it. if i had it in home maybe i'd like it more...but i honestly find myself playing it on site and after 10 or 15 minutes, i get bored of having continuous multiballs without clear shot purpose. Still a fun game when all is said and done and i love that people are trying to new things out there like jersey jack

#7071 2 years ago

Is it really too much to ask for the blimp to fly across the playfield and explode in a blaze of smoke and fire ?!

Come on Stern !

#7072 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:with you on this lol, i feel like i have the longest games but i get bored. the shots just don't...flow? i like the game, wouldn't buy it, but definitely like it. if i had it in home maybe i'd like it more...but i honestly find myself playing it on site and after 10 or 15 minutes, i get bored of having continuous multiballs without clear shot purpose. Still a fun game when all is said and done and i love that people are trying to new things out there like jersey jack

You guys are much better players than I. My LZ games are much much longer.

#7073 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:I have both with about 900 games played on LZ and 550 on GnR. I want to love GnR but so far LZ is more fun for me.

Same. Have both. Play LZ at least twice as much. gNR is pretty, different and provides “wow” for others. And I’m trying to get into it more. But LZ? Awesome. The shots, the flow, the journey. Shhhhh.... Don’t tell anyone

#7074 2 years ago

Just for clarification: I wasn't bagging on GNR - it certainly has its advantages over LZ. I'm just laughing about Pinsiders that judge games right out of the gate without having played it or waiting for mature code...or just count coils and toys on the playfield. It never changes, and it never ceases to amaze me that people just won't learn that all that stuff doesn't necessarily equal a fun game.

#7075 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just for clarification: I wasn't bagging on GNR - it certainly has its advantages over LZ. I'm just laughing about Pinsiders that judge games right out of the gate without having played it or waiting for mature code...or just count coils and toys on the playfield. It never changes, and it never ceases to amaze me that people just won't learn that all that stuff doesn't necessarily equal a fun game.

Pinsiders judging pre play? Preposterous!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7076 2 years ago

All the GNR folks didn't disappear, they just switched to bashing LZ against Rush. Listening to podcasts this week has been particularly brutal. Loserkids were having quite the Rush lovefest against LZ (to their credit they were self aware of it and tried to give some love to LZs coding at least). I love their podcast but that was a tough one to get through.

#7077 2 years ago

I

Quoted from dtrimberger:

All the GNR folks didn't disappear, they just switched to bashing LZ against Rush. Listening to podcasts this week has been particularly brutal. Loserkids were having quite the Rush lovefest against LZ (to their credit they were self aware of it and tried to give some love to LZs coding at least). I love their podcast but that was a tough one to get through.

I can't stand the band Rush so that game is a no go for me.

#7078 2 years ago

I had a chance to play GnR up in Indiana on vacation for 5-6 games and while I love Jersey jack games that one actually fell pretty flat for me. Dialed in and Wonka are still some of my favorite all time pins so I like the floaty/gameplay jjp’s provide. GnR felt very different for them and some good things and some bad. Overall I didn’t find it very fun. Beautiful machine tho!

Comparing it to Zep? Man, music alone zeppelin wins imo. I love getting to the buildup section of whole lotta love and nailing the bumpers, the sound goes so well with the song adding in the extra drums. From a pinball perspective LZ is one of the most consistent games I’ve played in a long while (as in games don’t vary wildly on scoring, skill is everything on this one).

Zeppelin being bare? Compared to GNR it does feel bare but I still think it packs a lot in. The EM spinner while stupid simple for a device works amazingly well for the gameplay. One of the best multi balls in pinball! The zeppelin toy is cool even if it doesn’t do anything it looks great.

The layout on LZ is so clean and not cluttered at all compared to most other modern games which I think loses points for a lot of people but for beginners it’s more approachable being able to see your shots so clearly and for skilled players makes it really fun to shoot. I’m so happy my first nib was LZ as I had to make a choice between it and GnR and my buddies were pushing me to get a GnR. I knew I couldn’t go wrong with Zeppelin (the music is just too damn good!).

#7079 2 years ago

I don't get the whole bashing thing. We are at a great time for pinball. The more games the merrier. I wish I could buy them all. Anyway that being said I also have both Led Zeppelin and GNR and they are totally different games simple as that.

#7080 2 years ago

I dunno about everyone else, but I'm holding on to my LZ. The general attitude towards a game can shift with time, we've seen it before. Years from now I could easily see it becoming quite in demand, especially if the number of games they end up making is limited.

That's not the main reason I'm holding on to the game of course - the main reason is because the game rocks and I love playing it!

#7081 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is it really too much to ask for the blimp to fly across the playfield and explode in a blaze of smoke and fire ?!
Come on Stern !

I realize that you meant this as a joke but hear me out. Maybe just a mod that is in a fire/smoke pattern that goes above the blimp and that lights (fire led) during zeppelin multiball...

#7082 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I honestly think alot of those people never even played it as alot of their commentary matches online reviews based on trailer reactions. OMG the game shoots like a dream and is so fun. Long term the only improvement would have been more songs in LZ.

#7083 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I also own both. GNR is surely a masterpiece achievement in many ways. And I love that I can step up and just got for a record on a particular song. They did a phenomenal job.. But man LZ shoots so great and it feels so good to play. As more of a purest, I definitely pick LZ if I had to choose one. Also agree there are going to be too many GNRs out in the wild and resale is going to be difficult with the market flooded with machines.

#7084 2 years ago

Any mod suggestions? Want to start modding out my pro

#7085 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Big Ben mod is super classy looking I love it.
My favorite/cheapest mod is a LZ sticker on my zeppelin

A330918B-B8B1-45C0-A031-E3C677E46744 (resized).jpegA330918B-B8B1-45C0-A031-E3C677E46744 (resized).jpeg
#7086 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Topper and interactive side blades.

#7087 2 years ago

Big Ben fills that corner nicely.

#7088 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Invisiglass, shaker, pinwoofer, side armor, pingulp, double neck guitar mode on back gate, hermit mod, new start button, shooter plate. To name a few.

#7089 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

lights under the blimp and the left ramp,my photos are not doing the lights justice

IMG_1911 (resized).jpgIMG_1911 (resized).jpgIMG_1914 (resized).jpgIMG_1914 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpgIMG_2478 (resized).jpgIMG_2478 (resized).jpg
#7090 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

The Big Ben from Mezel Mods without question.
The Zeppelin Stickers you can order on Ebay for the Blimp is a solid addition.

Everything else is meh but you can do you man.

#7091 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

The Stairway to Heaven hermit with the lit lantern is pretty epic.

#7092 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

This is true but the interactive lightning from stern is also awesome !!

#7093 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

This is true but the interactive lightning from stern is also awesome !!

Didn’t even realize he said pro. Yeah, first things first, get the expression lighting. With out question. Completely gives the game that final touch.

BC249397-D016-4CA6-9626-D607DDC90F5D (resized).jpegBC249397-D016-4CA6-9626-D607DDC90F5D (resized).jpeg
#7094 2 years ago

So I have to say I’m super impressed with Stern and my distributor Old town Pinball. This is my first NIB and wasn’t too sure how good support really was. It has been great.

I had issues with my spinner and they had new parts to me. Then I had issues with my topper and they sent a new cable. Then I had some issues with my translite flickering when using my right flippers and they sent out a new board within a week working through my distributor.

Thank you to the guys in tech support at stern, they were a huge help. Super impressed!

#7095 2 years ago

Has anyone changed the posts/rubbers on their Electric Magic spinner? Was it easy to dissemble to get to the posts? Thanks.

#7096 2 years ago

Easy to do, I changed to purple, to blue, back to black. I think it looks best that way, but it's fun to try other combos

#7097 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone changed the posts/rubbers on their Electric Magic spinner? Was it easy to dissemble to get to the posts? Thanks.

Yes, easy. Just watch for the tiny black washers so you don't lose them.

20210701_145420 (resized).jpg20210701_145420 (resized).jpg
#7098 2 years ago

Just picked up a premium! Woo!

Having a hard time finding jukebox mode. Any help appreciated

#7099 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

Just picked up a premium! Woo!
Having a hard time finding jukebox mode. Any help appreciated

Hold both flippers. May need to be in free play mode.

#7100 2 years ago

A customer just told me they started "top of the charts" by holding in the flipper buttons. After completing their game they played a normal game and it had a perpetual ball save. He said ball save was not lit, but ball 1 never ended. He restarted the game after 10 minutes. Anybody seen this?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/142?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.