20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 193.
#7001 2 years ago

I am losing my patience.Hayfarmer please add a go fund me to Plant and Page so we can get 2 more songs.

#7002 2 years ago

Left side of topper light is not moving. What should I check?

#7003 2 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

Left side of topper light is not moving. What should I check?

Make sure the cable is seated first. Also option in the menu to test.

#7004 2 years ago

The boys got a 3D printer for Xmas. Me and my son just made Big Ben for our LZ LE! Used a free 3D printer model on Thigiverse, black filament and painted it with metallic acrylic paint. We are totally new to 3D printing...takes some patience but so worth it!

20220101_202514 (resized).jpg20220101_202514 (resized).jpg20220101_203330 (resized).jpg20220101_203330 (resized).jpg20220101_215010 (resized).jpg20220101_215010 (resized).jpg20220101_215645 (resized).jpg20220101_215645 (resized).jpg
#7005 2 years ago

Had a chance to play a LZ recently, and got Mothership MB.

Nice to have a reward after 5 golds.

Is it finished, coding wise?

Just thought the start to the MB, was a little underwhelming?

Very fun pin to play.

Much more addictive than expected.

#7006 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Had a chance to play a LZ recently, and got Mothership MB.
Nice to have a reward after 5 golds.
Is it finished, coding wise?
Just thought the start to the MB, was a little underwhelming?
Very fun pin to play.
Much more addictive than expected.

At currently V.1.12 I think it is finished. Could be some very small updates in the future.
Mothership is just the beginning of the bigger reward modes.
Deeper modes are World Tour MB, Top of the Charts MB, and Celebration Day wizard mode.
The start of Celebration Day has the fanfare your looking for. I'm guessing it's a full minute of video and fanfare before the actual mode starts. It's pretty amazing!

#7007 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

At currently V.1.12 I think it is finished. Could be some very small updates in the future.
Mothership is just the beginning of the bigger reward modes.
Deeper modes are World Tour MB, Top of the Charts MB, and Celebration Day wizard mode.
The start of Celebration Day has the fanfare your looking for. I'm guessing it's a full minute of video and fanfare before the actual mode starts. It's pretty amazing!

Interesting to know, as hope to pick up a LZ this year maybe.

If you get Top of the Charts, how hard is it to convert all the songs to platinum?

Just thinking out loud, that Celebration Day is only attainable by elite players?

#7008 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

LE V1.12 - December 15, 2021
==========================
Fixed:
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Electric Magic Multiball to start
immediately, before the player had a chance to add additional balls into play.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash on connected games if the instant
info achievement pages were requested when the player up was not logged in.
Downloading now!

If you get Top of the Charts, how hard is it to convert all the songs to platinum?
Just thinking out loud, that Celebration Day is only attainable by elite players?

I’ve gotten celebration day a few times but it took a couple EBs. It’s certainly not
Easy.

The celebration multuball is awesome….amazing into and animation with all the record covers coming to life. Worth the slog!!

#7009 2 years ago

Does it play the song, Celebration Day when you reach ? wizard mode
Or is the wizard mode just called Celebration Day?

#7010 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Does it play the song, Celebration Day when you reach ? wizard mode
Or is the wizard mode just called Celebration Day?

Nope, no extra song. Just a logo and some really cool animations. Then a lengthy run up of how many records you collected in every song which sets the base jackpot level in the first phase of the mode.

#7011 2 years ago

Top of the Charts will definitely help you get there. Elite players only? Not really. It's difficult to get to but with all the available EBs, if you really concentrate on song shots and have a good Top of the Charts you can get there.
Now, elite is getting to Celebration straight away, without ever starting TotC.

#7012 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Elite would be doing it without EBs in my opinion.

#7013 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Nope, no extra song. Just a logo and some really cool animations. Then a lengthy run up of how many records you collected in every song which sets the base jackpot level in the first phase of the mode.

Okay, do you pick your song, or does it pick a song randomly for the wizard mode?

#7014 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Top of the Charts will definitely help you get there. Elite players only? Not really. It's difficult to get to but with all the available EBs, if you really concentrate on song shots and have a good Top of the Charts you can get there.

Should mention it was a pro I played in a big arcade.

Everyone disses the pro, but think it was my fav game, and that is with a Godzilla pro nearby.

I initially thought the third flipper was a waste of space.

But once I learned that hitting the stand up target adds time to the icarus timer, my thoughts changed.

Having an essential, high reward shot, even if it is just one, turns it into a really valuable part of the game.

Yes, the pro is a bit sparse, but it's a ton of fun!

#7015 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Okay, do you pick your song, or does it pick a song randomly for the wizard mode?

It plays a short medley of songs during the opening sequence. Then it just picks up on whatever song you were in when you started it.

#7016 2 years ago

Is stern still making the topper?

#7017 2 years ago

Should mention it was a pro I played in a big arcade.
Everyone disses the pro, but think it was my fav game, and that is with a Godzilla pro nearby.
I initially thought the third flipper was a waste of space.
But once I learned that hitting the stand up target adds time to the icarus timer, my thoughts changed.
Having an essential, high reward shot, even if it is just one, turns it into a really valuable part of the game.
Yes, the pro is a bit sparse, but it's a ton of fun!

Couldn't agree more. Pro is a simple game, but plays wicked fast. Raises ball lock on le adds little to game.

#7018 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is stern still making the topper?

Yup but production is truly random as to when. Heard sometime this first calendar quarter.

#7019 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Couldn't agree more. Pro is a simple game, but plays wicked fast. Raises ball lock on le adds little to game.

Going to have to respecrfully disagree here. The EM adds a lot to the game and the spinner shot in both mbs is one of the most satisfying shots in pinball, and easily the most satisfying shot on the game if its a premium. Particularly with that chunky sound.

#7020 2 years ago

Anyone getting a random pop-like sound?

Since the latest code update it happens randomly, few times in sequence, but usually just once every so often during play.

Noticed the same pop sound on a gameplay video posted a month ago on YouTube... So not sure if code update or something else.

#7021 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Since the latest code update it happens randomly, few times in sequence, but usually just once every so often during play.
Noticed the same pop sound on a gameplay video posted a month ago on YouTube... So not sure if code update or something else.

I heard this sometime on my first boot after the update, and I want to say maybe one time or the next time, but it has been quiet multiple sessions since. Not super helpful I know, but I have at least heard it, and didn't prior to that update.

#7022 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Isn’t that the sound when “change song” is lit? Than the flasher on the backpanel will also flash.

#7023 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Going to have to respecrfully disagree here. The EM adds a lot to the game and the spinner shot in both mbs is one of the most satisfying shots in pinball, and easily the most satisfying shot on the game if its a premium. Particularly with that chunky sound.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with your last post. EM gets in the way of some of the ramp shots.

Quoted from zaki:

I agree 100%. I had a choice between the premium and the pro. Money was not an issue. After playing both. I went with the pro.

#7024 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with your last post. EM gets in the way of some of the ramp shots.

I agree 100%. I had a choice between the premium and the pro. Money was not an issue. After playing both. I went with the pro.

man - couldn't disagree more....respectfully...lol...the EM doesn't block a single shot for me. And there is no better multiball experience than the EM Frenzy...it's literally the best experience of any table. There are more pins with crazy toys and such, but that spinner, with the sounds, lights and the opportunity for insane points...would never trade this game for any other ONLY for that damn EM multiball, i've hit over 2billion on one frenzy multiball with a 9.8 Icarus...seriously...find me a more satisfying shot and rule stacking system

#7025 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Elite would be doing it without EBs in my opinion.

You don't need EBs on this game. Granted it took me 6 months of playing to even have the time to get to Celebration, but i did it on the second ball with no EBs focusing on song shots and letting tours just happen casually. Stick around 45 minutes, but extremely

Celebration isn't difficult to get to, but it does take some time. Focus on song shots when you have your modes going and let the modes happen naturally instead of focusing on them, it will typically push you to get thru songs quicker, It's not hard to get to, but it does take time commitment as you'll 100% be spending at least 45 minutes to an hour playing to get there. Good luck man! It's 100% worth it if you make it!

#7026 2 years ago

a couple of questions, I have bent the gate at the plunge so it is pretty reliable, but the last time I did it it looked like it is close to snapping - have any of you gotten a replacement gate for that area? I was also thinking of buying a back up icarus just in case -- is that possible?

By the way this is my favorite game - and yes I have owned and sold elwin games.

#7027 2 years ago

I want to thank Steve and others for choosing fantastic band member pics for the playfield scheme on LZ. I never gave it much thought until RUSH reveal, but the cartoon characterization is cringe worthy on RUSH. Thanks Steve for keeping LZ classy-you da man!

LZ band member art (resized).jpgLZ band member art (resized).jpgRush cringe (resized).pngRush cringe (resized).png

#7028 2 years ago

Hey Zep owners, looking for a little code insight if you can spare a moment.

I'm looking at picking up Rush but haven't played much coded by the Sexton team. How has the software progression been on LZ, and are you pretty satisfied with it? I'm no tourney player but happy to dive into a pin with solid objectives at home. Just curious if there would be much to glean about how Rush might come out by knowing how things have evolved with LZ. Thanks in advance!

#7029 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Hey Zep owners, looking for a little code insight if you can spare a moment.
I'm looking at picking up Rush but haven't played much coded by the Sexton team. How has the software progression been on LZ, and are you pretty satisfied with it? I'm no tourney player but happy to dive into a pin with solid objectives at home. Just curious if there would be much to glean about how Rush might come out by knowing how things have evolved with LZ. Thanks in advance!

Seems to me that it hasn't changed much outside of some bug fixes and improvements in quality, but as a ruleset it has generally stayed the same. The visuals on the LCD are better than when it first launched and some of the fixes made the objectives clearer. Otherwise it started solid and continues to be solid. Go through songs and modes, build your multiplier, and use your multiplier wisely.

#7030 2 years ago

There's still a bunch of bugs on BKSoR people have been waiting for fixes on. Both LZ and BKSoR are by and large the same games they were close to release so what you see during the reveal will likely be close to what you get.

#7031 2 years ago

Kind of want a LZ and a RUSH!

Got this to watch later.

27 billion!!!!!

#7032 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Seems to me that it hasn't changed much outside of some bug fixes and improvements in quality, but as a ruleset it has generally stayed the same.

Not the case at all. Many updates and some were huge. Just go back and look at the read-me's.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Led_Zeppelin-1_12_0-README_LE.txt

#7033 2 years ago

Kind of want a LZ and a RUSH!
Got this to watch later.
27 billion!!!!!

Karl/IEPinball is streaming a bunch this month. I donated some pinmonk stuff to give away to his live stream watchers every night he streams this month. He's doing LZ again tonight:

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

Even if you don't win anything, you can learn a lot just by watching him play. One of the best pinball streamers, with or without the cone of shame.

EDIT: He lost a 56 Billion+ point playfield bonus. Ouch.

#7034 2 years ago

Hopefully getting a LZ Premium this weekend…

Any thoughts on powder coating the rails, lockbar and legs?

Orange? I’m not a huge fan of orange but is that really the only color that makes sense? White maybe with black flake?

#7035 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

Orange? I’m not a huge fan of orange but is that really the only color that makes sense? White maybe with black flake?

Do the color of your birthstone.

#7036 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I think white pearl or black with metal flake make the most sense, but why not flesh-colored beige as an icaris tribute?

LED Zeppelin-PREM-beige.pngLED Zeppelin-PREM-beige.pngLED Zeppelin-PREM-blue.pngLED Zeppelin-PREM-blue.pngLED Zeppelin-PREM-orange.pngLED Zeppelin-PREM-orange.pngLED Zeppelin-PREM-white.pngLED Zeppelin-PREM-white.png
#7037 2 years ago

The first one would be an awesome tribute to Presence.

ledzepppres_1lp_xxl (resized).jpgledzepppres_1lp_xxl (resized).jpg
#7038 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

This is what I plan on going with on my premium.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PVS-3083/black-frost

#7039 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think white pearl or black with metal flake make the most sense, but why not flesh-colored beige as an icaris tribute

Honestly, that last all-white color scheme is... not bad.

#7040 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I've thought about powder coating my premium, but the only color I think looks good is black. Was toying with doing a high gloss black but seems like it may not be worth it.

#7041 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Honestly, that last all-white color scheme is... not bad.

If it was a pearl or had a light metal flake in the white, it could look pretty boss.

#7042 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I've thought about powder coating my premium, but the only color I think looks good is black. Was toying with doing a high gloss black but seems like it may not be worth it.

No Icarus "nude" powdercoat?

If I did black, I'd do it with a gold metal flake in it. Should look great on LZ Prem. Plain black? Not so much.

#7043 2 years ago

Definitely post when you're done. Seems like too much silver, but it's hard to tell off the machine. The reverse of that might be better (mostly black with some silver).

#7044 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it was a pearl or had a light metal flake in the white, it could look pretty boss.

I think this is a winner. Thanks everyone

#7045 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think white pearl or black with metal flake make the most sense, but why not flesh-colored beige as an icaris tribute?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How do you go about putting together these examples?

#7046 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

How do you go about putting together these examples?

Photoshop lasso tool, color picker, and lots of cocaine.

If Stern would make the angles of each picture at each release the same angle and size, it'd make it a lot easier, but as it is, I have to tweak the template each time, which is irritating. But it is a nice way to get an idea how different color setups might look, so I often do it for people here. Rarely for me, though. I don't have machines long enough to have powdercoating make sense anymore.

#7047 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Photoshop lasso tool, color picker, and lots of cocaine.
If Stern would make the angles of each picture at each release the same angle and size, it'd make it a lot easier, but as it is, I have to tweak the template each time, which is irritating. But it is a nice way to get an idea how different color setups might look, so I often do it for people here. Rarely for me, though. I don't have machines long enough to have powdercoating make sense anymore.

Right on. Thanks for the info. I agree on powdercoating. I have some out right now for my Indy, but I usually consider it and then end up passing. I don't tend to keep many games too awful long.

#7048 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Right on. Thanks for the info. I agree on powdercoating. I have some out right now for my Indy, but I usually consider it and then end up passing. I don't tend to keep many games too awful long.

As a recovering pinball addict who once had way too many pins and was on the cusp of having to get storage units for the overflow, I now limit myself to two pins at a time, and with the pinmonk stuff I need to do, I end up having to rotate them out pretty quickly (too quickly for my taste, but I am a pinball addict in recovery, so that's to be expected).

#7049 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely post when you're done. Seems like too much silver, but it's hard to tell off the machine. The reverse of that might be better (mostly black with some silver).

Yeah good point. I will take a look at that.

#7050 2 years ago

Does LZ have a jukebox mode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,699 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/141?hl=drussksu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.